Chapter 24 – Living for the Moment


“M-my place?” Spike asked, suddenly nervous as he cleared his throat against the stutter.

“You heard me,” she whispered, running her hand along his arm before taking his hand in hers and leading him in the direction of the cemetery.

“Buffy-“

“Spike,” she murmured, turning around and leaving a gentle kiss on his lips. “I know what I’m doing.”




“Are you sure about this?” Spike asked softly as he watched Buffy walk backwards toward his bed, keeping eye contact with him the entire time.

“You seem nervous,” she said with a smile, letting her hands travel up to the hem of her shirt and whipping it over her head in a single motion, giggling when Spike’s eyes widened.

“I just…I don’t want you to look back on this and write it off as a weak moment.”

Walking toward him as she slowly popped the button of her pants open, Spike felt himself grow painfully hard when he watched the fabric slide down her legs, leaving her in nothing but a white lace bra and panties.

“God, you’re beautiful,” he murmured in a hoarse voice as she approached.

“This isn’t a weak moment,” Buffy whispered, slipping her hands under his shirt and pulling it over his head, enjoying the feel of his muscles beneath her fingertips as she dropped the shirt to the floor and let her hands trail along his chest. “This is about living for the moment.”

Spike felt himself trying to breathe when she took his hand and led him over to the bed.

“I want this, Spike,” she said softly, her eyes never leaving his while she slowly lowered the zipper of his jeans and unbuttoned them before pushing them over his slender hips and letting them fall to the floor. “I want you.”

Bringing his lips to hers in a tender kiss, Spike closed his eyes. This was the way it should be. This was how it was supposed to be.

“I love you,” he whispered as his hands ran up and down her arms in a soothing gesture.

“I know,” she said with a soft smile. “And that’s why I want to do this now. Spike, I could die tomorrow and-“

“Stop,” he growled. “Just stop saying that. Nothing is going to happen to you.”

“I’m the Slayer,” she murmured, looking into his eyes. “Eventually something is going to happen to me and…you need to be ready for that.” She paused for a moment as she studied his expression before continuing, “Or maybe I shouldn’t make this worse,” she finished in a small voice, turning around to grab her clothes.

Feeling Spike’s hand on her arm, she turned and breathed a sigh of relief when he pulled her into his arms, claiming her lips in a passionate kiss.
Buffy moaned as he pushed her toward the bed, following closely behind and covering her body with his, never letting his lips leave hers.

Buffy shifted beneath him, craving his touch as she parted her legs and sighing when she felt Spike settle between her thighs, only a tiny scrap of fabric separating them as they began to move together.

Her tongue stroked against his, eagerly taking what he had to offer before pulling away breathlessly.

“What are you doing to me?” he rasped in a husky whisper, looking into her clouded eyes.

Buffy couldn’t answer. She simply wrapped her hands behind his neck and pulled him lower, crushing his lips to hers. His hands traveled along her body, touching any skin he could come in contact with while his hips ground against hers. Her hands ran along his back, feeling the tight muscles shifting under her touch.

Spike’s lips broke away from hers, moving along her jaw and settling on her neck, feeling her pulse speed up as he gently licked his previous bite mark.

“Spike,” she whispered, her voice filled with need as she angled her neck toward his lips.

“I will, kitten,” he murmured, sending chills running through her. “If it’s what you want, I’ll give it to you…but not yet.”

Moaning in disappointment, it was quickly replaced with a breathy gasp when she felt his hands slip around her and unclasp her bra before removing it and throwing it over his shoulder. Breathing heavily, Buffy’s eyes met his when his fingers trailed along her breasts. He gave her a gentle smile as he lowered his head, sucking and biting on one until Buffy was practically writhing beneath him. Reaching around to the slope of her lower back, Spike pulled her closer, grinding his erection against her and moaning when Buffy eagerly rubbed herself against him in response.

Maneuvering his hands, his fingers slipped into her panties and pulled them down her legs before slowly making his way back up her body. Buffy pulled him to her for another kiss, reaching down to gently take his cock in her hand, guiding him to her entrance.

Spike wanted their first time to be as gentle as possible, easing into her with care. He wanted to show her how much he loved her and worshipped her, but his body had different ideas. Pushing into her, he could already feel Buffy losing control, and that nearly sent him over the edge. Teasing her for a moment, Spike smiled when Buffy reached around and pulled him to her more forcefully, grinding her hips against his and crying out as waves of pleasure washed over her.

Speeding up his thrusts, Spike began pumping into her, knowing that she was getting frustrated. He could feel her hands grabbing at him, seeking her climax, but nothing could have prepared him for the feeling of her teeth sinking into his neck. Unable to control himself, his demon flashed to the surface, letting his fangs pierced her flesh, taking deep pulls on her blood as Buffy screamed out her orgasm.

Thrusting into her several more times, Spike tried to hold off a little longer, but the quivering of her inner muscles around him was driving him crazy with need. With every slow pull of her blood, another climax seemed to crash into her and he knew he couldn’t hold off anymore. As his fangs slipped out of her neck, Spike pulsed inside of her welcoming body.

“Mine,” he growled, looking at Buffy. Her hand came up to slowly travel over the planes of his demon face before she gave him an exhausted nod.

“Yours.”

Collapsing on top of her, Spike’s demon slipped away as they both tried to calm down.

“How did you do that?” Buffy murmured, breathing heavily.

“Do what, luv?”

“That was just…wow,” she breathed with a slight smile.

Spike chuckled, sending low vibrations through her neck.

“I’m yours?” she asked timidly.

Spike pulled back with a questioning look, wondering if she was regretting it now that there were a few moments of clarity separating them from the situation.

“Forever,” he said with uncertainty in his voice.

“I can live with that.”

Spike watched her drift off to sleep as he waited for the feeling to sweep through him. He’d never claimed anyone, but he knew how it worked. There was supposed to be a strong connection that was established that went beyond anything in the human world. Knowing that Buffy reciprocated the claim, it should have been fairly obvious that it took effect. He continued to wait for several long moments, frowning when he didn’t feel anything.





Thanks so much to: glassgoddess, AmyB, vampkiss, Kate, Ebontier, Alicia, spuffette, Juanita, Pari, Patti, Franchesca, blondiebear, Crystal Pegasus, Bernardette, Rana, pj, Cordykitten, Bridget, BuffyandSpikeForever, gypsy_jin, Steph, Laine, samica, Kimber, songgal1 & Seraiza for reviewing!