Chapter 29 - Revelations


Running a hand over her hair, Spike stared at Buffy as she rested peacefully on her couch. Joyce sat on the arm, keeping a close eye on her daughter and watching the blonde as he tenderly kept constant contact with Buffy.

Almost immediately after he’d carried her out of the house, she had passed out from the pain. Spike felt helpless to do anything for her. All he wanted to do was curl up next to her and make everything okay, but he knew that wasn’t possible.

Willow, Tara, Xander, and Anya were dispersed around the room, quietly observing Spike as he looked after Buffy. A police officer stood in the corner, waiting for the young woman to wake up so he could take a statement.

Riley and Giles were at the police station, making sure that Travers was going to be properly punished for kidnapping and attempted murder. When he had regained consciousness, he had made numerous threats and promises, but they did nothing to intimidate Giles, who was more than happy to make a few threats of his own.

Feeling Buffy’s hand move beneath his, Spike pulled back and watched as she struggled to open her eyes.

“You’re safe, luv,” he whispered when she looked around the room in confusion.

Feeling his soothing touch on her hand, she pulled away from his grasp, immediately sorry for her hasty reaction when she saw the hurt look on his features.

“Are you okay, honey?” Joyce asked, touching Buffy’s shoulder.

“I guess,” she admitted, letting her head fall into her hands and not seeing the looks that were being exchanged throughout the room.

“Miss Summers,” the officer said, alerting her to the presence of the outsider. “I’m Officer Reynolds with the Sunnydale PD. I’m here to ask you a few questions.”

“About what?” Buffy asked skeptically, her brow furrowed as she looked around the room at the faces of her friends.

“The kidnapping,” Spike said, looking at her with a mixture of concern and sadness.

“Right,” she murmured, turning her attention to the officer. “What do you need to know?”

After answering the routine questions and watching Joyce escort the policeman outside, Buffy was suddenly bombarded with what felt like a hundred questions. After not being able to hear for so long, this was overwhelming.

“Guys!” she interrupted in exasperation, glancing at the door as Joyce walked in with Giles and Riley. “I’m okay.”

“But you were tortured,” Anya ever-so-bluntly said.

“I just need some rest,” she said softly, standing up and frowning slightly when Spike stood up with her.

“Can you hear?” he asked, tilting his head to look at her.

“I can,” she whispered, looking at Giles as she spoke. “Travers injected me with something…h-he said that the demon injected me with a venom that was supposed to kill me and had a strange reaction since I was the Slayer.”

“I already got the full story from him, Buffy.”

“You did?” she asked in confusion.

“That and a great deal of screams before we turned him in to the authorities.”

Feeling a mild amount of satisfaction, Buffy nodded. “He gave me something that counteracted the effects, although it was meant to incapacitate me while he got close enough to kill me…I need to get some rest,” she mumbled, glancing toward the window and seeing the sun shining around the edges of the heavy curtains.

Painfully walking toward the stairs, Buffy was already halfway up when she realized she was being followed. Stopping on the second floor, she bit her bottom lip, not bothering to turn around.

“I want to be alone, Spike,” she whispered.

“Don’t always get the things we want,” he retaliated, taking her arm and leading her to her bedroom.

“Spike, please,” she said with a sigh.

Shutting the door behind them, he crossed his arms over his muscular chest and leaned against the wall. “What now?” he asked, an angry expressionon his face.

“W-what do you mean?” she asked nervously.

“You have your hearing back, so you’re just going to start shutting me out whenever you feel like it?”

Looking up into his eyes, Buffy felt remorse fill her before turning and walking toward the bed. “What do you want from me?” she asked tearfully as she turned to face him again.

Pushing away from the wall, Spike crossed the room until he was standing in front of her. “You,” he said with so much emotion, she felt her tears spill over.

“There’s just so much that’s happened,” she said softly, looking at the floor so she wouldn’t have to be confronted by his piercing eyes.

“Then talk to me,” he whispered. “What’s happening, Buffy?”

“There was a prophecy,” she said after a moment, glancing up at him. “It mentions a Slayer and a vampire having a baby.”

Noticing how Spike’s eyes lit up, Buffy backed away.

“What’s the problem?”

“Spike, I’m nineteen years old. I’m not ready to be a mother, and by the time I am ready, I’ll probably die before I see a baby take its first steps.”

“Buffy-“

“And don’t say I won’t. I’m human, Spike,” she whispered. “That’s the way the world works. I’m not meant to last long. My body isn’t designed to hold up until I die of old age. It’s not like it would be a good thing to have a seventy year old Slayer walking around.”

Choosing to ignore her diatribe on her own life, Spike took a deep breath. “You’re worried about getting pregnant with my child? Well, I’ve gotta admit, that’s one I haven’t heard,” he said with a smirk. “Aren’t there things to counteract something like that?”

“Spike, it’s a prophecy. It’s not like I can just whip out a condom and expect it to take care of everything. This thing is practically written in blood, and if it’s about me…”

“If it’s about you, it’s going to happen, Goldilocks,” he murmured soothingly. “Don’t shut me out…because I’m bloody well not going to let you.”

Sniffling slightly, Buffy pulled him to her for a desperate kiss, practically battling with him as she slid the duster from his shoulders.

“Luv?” he said in a questioning voice, pulling away from her to see the need in her gaze.

“You’re right,” she said, taking a step back and sliding the leather pants down her legs before wrapping her arms around him.

“We don’t have to do this,” he whispered, barely even listening to what he was saying as he leaned forward to kiss her.

“I need to forget about everything, Spike,” she said when she pulled back to look at him. “Make me forget.”

Not bothering to wait for a second request, Spike lifted her into his arms and simultaneously freed himself from his increasingly restrictive pants.

“Please,” she murmured, seconds before he thrust into her, pushing her against the wall for leverage and eagerly crushing his lips to hers.

Pumping into her with such force, he was starting to worry about her safety, Buffy’s lips broke away from his as she gasped for more, needing everything he was offering.

She could already feel herself spiraling out of control and he’d barely been inside her for a minute.

“I need more,” she moaned, digging her nails into his shoulders as he grinded his hips against hers.

Never hearing the knock on the door as her body seemed to shatter, Buffy sunk her teeth into his shoulder to muffle her scream, vaguely realizing when Spike’s blunt teeth covered his previous mark and sent her into a second orgasm as he pulsed inside of her.

“Buffy.”

“Spike!”

“Hope I’m not interrupting,” a cold voice announced from the doorway.

Turning to look over his shoulder, Spike rolled his eyes. “Bloody hell,” he muttered. “For your information you are, now get out.”

Feeling Buffy squirming in his arms to be let down upon seeing Riley, Spike suddenly felt an uneasy feeling wash over him.

“Buffy?” Spike asked, tilting his head to look at her in concern.

“I need to get dressed,” she whispered, giving him a soft smile and squeezing his hand in reassurance.

Letting her down and zipping up his pants, Spike turned toward the door. “Can’t you knock?” he asked angrily.

“I did,” Riley replied. “I was worried about her.”

“I’m fine, Riley,” Buffy said from behind the door of her wardrobe, slipping on a pair of comfortable pants and exchanging the halter for a tank top.

“Can we talk?” Riley asked.

Buffy held up a hand as Spike began to respond. “I’ll be downstairs in a minute,” she said, looking at her ex-boyfriend and already feeling Spike’s eyes boring into her.

“So that’s it?” Spike asked, defensively crossing his arms over his chest when the door closed.

“What are you talking about?” Buffy asked, her brow furrowed in confusion. “What? Do you think I’m just going to leave you now and go back to Riley?”

“Aren’t you?”

“You really have to work on your issues, Spike,” she said, anger making its way into her voice. “If that was the case, you would be downstairs and he would be up here with me.”

Walking toward the door, she felt her arm grabbed in a firm grip. Taking a deep breath, Buffy turned and met the deep blue eyes of her lover.

“I love you,” he whispered. “I’m terrified of losing you.”

Stepping toward him, Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him to her for a warm hug. “I know,” she said softly. “But you’re not going to lose me to another guy…I need to go talk to Riley now.”

“Hypocrite,” he muttered, trying not to smile.

“Jackass,” she said with her own smile.

“Spoiled brat.”

“Billy Idol wannabe.”

“Slayer.”

“Vampire.”

“I love you.”

“I know.”






Thanks so much to: Kar, Seraiza, Kimber, Rachel, Erin, Bernardette, Crystal Pegasus, spuffette, Pari, spikes eternal lover, Revello_1620, Cordykitten, Franchesca, Jessica, Caitie, Rana, Alicia, gypsy_jin, TammyAsh666, samica, Jennice, Steph, pj, Mari, BuffyandSpikeForever, Laine, spikeismine, gattaca, Renee, songgal1 & Esther for reviewing!