Chapter 39 – Talking it Out


“What happens now?” Buffy murmured, her head pillowed on Spike’s chest as he soothingly ran his fingers through her silky hair.

“Now,” he whispered quietly, slowly moving to get into a better position on the bed. “We could always let Peaches know that we’ve made up,” he said with a devilish little smirk, raising an eyebrow when Buffy turned to look at him.

“You’re evil,” she said with a smile.

“You know it, baby.”

Lowering her head back to his chest, Buffy let her fingernails trail along the defined muscles of his abdomen. “I really need to tell Giles,” she whispered quietly, her eyes closing in exhaustion.

“That can wait,” he whispered, doing what he could to help her relax and get some rest.

Buffy smiled when she felt his hands gently run along here shoulders and down her back, sending shivers down her spine. “Spike, I’m pregnant with a vampire’s baby. I think he needs to know.”

“You sleep,” he said softly. “I’ll call him in a few minutes.”

Turning to look at him, Buffy arched an eyebrow in his direction. “Why do I not see that conversation going over well?”

Spike merely smirked in response.




“Yeah, Watcher, it’s me,” Spike said into the phone, looking at Buffy’s sleeping form as she unconsciously continued to seek him out in her sleep. “Just thought I’d call to tell you that I knocked her up,” he said with a smile, holding the phone away from his ear when Giles began yelling about the ‘bluntness of his approach’ and ‘even vampires have the ability to have tact’.

Chuckling for a moment, Spike finally put the receiver back to his ear when Giles moderately calmed down.

“Do what you can. We’ll be home soon. And Giles,” he added in a serious voice. “Buffy really needs you to be okay with this,” he said quietly, listening intently to Buffy’s heartbeat and ensuring that she wasn’t beginning to wake up.

“Don’t worry,” Giles replied with a sigh. “I had resigned myself to the fact that it was probably her. I’ll let everyone know- you just make sure she gets plenty of rest and absolutely no patrolling.”

A pang of guilt coursed through Spike as he remembered Buffy going off to face Darla and Drusilla alone and nearly getting killed in the process. “No worries,” he muttered before hanging up the phone.

Contemplating the woman on the bed for a moment, he removed his shirt as he slowly walked over and sat on the edge, studying her.

Her blonde hair fell in soft curls around her shoulders and spilled around the pillow. Dressed in his red button-down shirt, Spike smiled when she appeared to be snuggling into it, wanting to remain close to him even when he wasn’t right next to her. Slowly moving his gaze downward, he moved forward to gently push the shirt up over her stomach, ignoring his ever-present desire for her when he saw the thong she was wearing before focusing his attention on her belly.

Brushing his fingertips along the flat muscles that he encountered, Spike smiled with the knowledge that their child was in there. So lost in thought, he never even noticed when Buffy’s heartbeat began to pick up and her eyes open.

Laying still for a moment, Buffy smiled when she saw the look of pure adoration on his face. “What are you thinking?” she asked softly, tilting her head and giving him a soft smile when his eyes rose to meet hers.

“That I’m the luckiest man in the world,” he said with a smile, crawling up the bed to lay down next to her. Propping his head up on one hand as the other continued to trail along the expanse of her stomach, both lay quietly, each enjoying the rare sense of peace that they were feeling.

“Did you call Giles?” Buffy asked after a moment.

“Yeah,” he murmured.

“And?”

“He wasn’t that surprised. Said that he’d assumed it was you for a while now, but absolutely no patrolling.”

Buffy groaned, letting her head roll back against the pillow. “What does he expect me to do? I’m the Slayer, it’s not like I can just take a nine-month vacation from all things slayage.”

“I’ll do it,” Spike said, not giving it a second thought as he watched his hand run along her abdomen.

Slowly pushing herself into a sitting position, Buffy gently turned him to face her. “You will?”

“You didn’t really think I would let you go out there risking your neck every night, did you?” he asked.

“I-I don’t know what I thought. I just never imagined…”

“What?” Spike asked with more irritation than he intended. “That I would want to do everything I could to keep you alive?”

“That’s not what I meant,” Buffy said, catching his arm when he tried to get out of bed.

Quickly straddling his waist, she left a long, lingering kiss on his lips, relaxing when she felt his hands slip under her shirt and run the length of her back to hold her as close as possible.

Pulling away breathlessly, Buffy pressed her forehead to his before speaking. “I just didn’t expect you to voluntarily go out and kill your own kind.”

“I’ve been doing it for a while, luv,” he reminded her, keeping his tone soft so she wouldn’t get worried that he was going to up and leave.

“I know,” she murmured, leaning back and watching her hands trace patterns along his bare chest. “But I was always with you and I just didn’t think…”

Pulling her to him for a tender kiss, Spike let his lips gently brush along hers for a moment that was too short for both of them. “I’m going to keep you safe, Slayer.”

Seeing the pout form on her bottom lip, Spike had to chuckle. “What did I say now?”

“You called me ‘Slayer’,” she muttered good-naturedly.

Quickly flipping them over on the bed, he felt his heart tighten when he heard her faint giggle. “Forgive me, Goldilocks,” he murmured, pressing a kiss to her shoulder. “Sweetheart,” he continued, kissing her neck. “Buffy,” he whispered, sinking his blunt teeth into her throat, directly over his previous marks and moaning when she automatically thrust against him, craving his touch.




Screaming out her climax, Spike had to smile as he continued to plunge into her with bruising force. Her hips eagerly met his, already feeling her second orgasm begin to wash over her.

Not saying a word, Buffy grabbed the back of his neck, seeking relief from the mounting tension. “I need it, Spike,” she moaned. Sensing his demon come forth, she frantically pulled him closer to her, craving his touch.

Feeling Spike’s fangs slice into her neck as his hips continued to move with hers, Buffy’s nails dragged along his back and arms, crying out with sheer relief as her muscles practically strangled his cock. Loosening her grip on the back of his neck, Buffy let her fingers play in the soft curls as she gently kissed his shoulder. “I love you,” she whispered, smiling when he moaned her name and immediately began pulsing inside of her.

Staying still for a long moment, Buffy listened to him gasp for air and her smile widened.

“I thought you didn’t need to breathe,” she said in a soft voice.

Pulling back to look at her, Spike pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. “Anytime I’m inside of you, pet, I think it’s safe to say that it’s damn near impossible not to.”

Blushing and looking away, Spike couldn’t help but chuckle at how adorable she was.

“I’m inside you right now, but you blush when I say the words?”

Avoiding his gaze for a moment, Buffy trembled in pleasure and contentment when she felt his finger under her chin, tilting her head up to look at him.

“What’s wrong?” he asked in concern, moving off of her but never letting his arms break contact with her body as he pulled her over to him.

“Nothing,” she said with a reassuring smile, snuggling into his chest and sighing in contentment. “Nothing at all.”

Kissing the top of her head, Spike let his eyes drift shut before a slow smile spread along his lips. “Looks like Angel knows we’ve made up, after all.”

“Oh no, I completely forgot,” Buffy gasped, looking up at Spike with wide eyes as he began chuckling.

“Don’t worry, luv,” he said with a smile. “He would never hurt the father of his great-grandchild.”

“What are you talking about?” she asked as Spike raised an eyebrow at her.

“He’s my grandsire, meaning that my child-”

“Is his great-grandchild,” Buffy finished, her eyes widening. “Oh my God, that is so demented,” she said, closing her eyes and laying down as Spike’s laughter rang out through the room.



Thanks so much to: Franchesca, Pari, Isabel, TammyAsh666, Rana, Steph, spuffette, Spikes Eternal Lover, Alicia, gypsy_jin, Jenn, Cordykitten, Crystal Pegasus, gattaca, Caitie, Mari, BuffyandSpikeForever, pj, Laine, Kimber, blondiebear, revello_1620, songgal1, Seraiza, shippy, Bridget & skywolf_fem2 for reviewing!