~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as she was through the door Buffy ran up to her bedroom. She looked at her clock and saw she had just under an hour until Spike and Giles were here. She quickly stripped of her clothes, and went into the bathroom. She jumped in the shower and washed her hair. When she was done she got out and wrapped herself in a fluffy white towel. She then set about drying and straightening her hair.
After she was finished she made her way over to her wardrobe, throwing her dirty laundry in the bin on her way. Buffy wanted to look sexy, but not like she’d tried too hard. She opted for a pair of dark blue jeans, and a black, sleeveless, low-cut top which bared her stomach slightly, and laid the clothes on her bed. After pulling on a black thong and push-up bra, she dressed quickly and then set about doing her make-up. She decided on a bronze eye shadow and black mascara, and placed a small amount of eye liner on her bottom lids.

When she looked at the clock and saw it was 7.28. “Crap” she cursed and hurriedly ran about the room, straightening things up before putting a silver crucifix necklace on. She was just about to put on some lip gloss when the door bell rang. She heard her mother open it and heard Giles greet her but no Spike. Where was he. Her mother did the asking for her. “Where’s Spike?” “Oh he forgot something, said he’d be over in a minute” Giles told her. So Buffy, relieved that she had a couple more minutes to perfect her look, finished with the lip gloss, and after spraying herself with some jasmine perfume, took one last look in the mirror. “Pretty damn good” she told her self, and smiled at the thought of seeing Spike again. She felt butterflies in her stomach at the thought that he would be in her home and that she would get to spend the evening with him.

The doorbell jarred her from her thoughts and heard her mother call to her. “Buffy can you get that!”. “Sure thing mom!” Buffy replied, and walked down the stairs to open the door. When she did her heart nearly stopped for good. Spike was standing there, his blonde hair messed up like he’d just got out of bed, wearing a black long sleeve shirt that was slightly open at the top and black jeans.

When Buffy answered the door, Spike was in awe at how amazing she looked, she had changed into a black top which showed a lot of cleavage, and dark blue jeans, her hair was perfectly straight and she looked stunning.

“Come in Spike” she managed to say, and as he stepped over the threshold he produced a single red rose from behind his back. “For the beautiful lady of the house” Spike said with a smile to die for. “Oh my god, it’s beautiful, thank you Spike” she said with a gasp. As she took the rose from him her fingers brushed slightly and lingered there for just a second.

While the majority of her brain had shut down when he had pulled the rose from behind his back, some part of it was still faithful to her and didn’t want her making an ass in front of him and still managed to kick start the rest of her brain back into working order. “My pleasure pet.” Spike told her. “Would you like a drink or something?” Buffy asked him when she shut the door. “I’m fine at the moment thanks”. In all truth he wanted a good few shots of whisky to calm his raging nerves, then he spotted a familiar book on the hall table. “Oh, whose reading ‘Return of the Native’?” Spike asked her. “I am. Gotta read it for College.” She sighed. Something sparked in Spike, ‘could it be, no, was she, god he hoped so’. “So do I, what College are you going to.” “St.James’ down the road.” Buffy replied, her stomach even more in knots, ‘was he going there, could he be, oh my god please let him be’ Buffy silently prayed. Then she saw Spike’s eyes light up. “Me too.” Those two simple words had Buffy screaming for joy inside. “No way! What subjects are you taking?” Buffy said, trying hard to keep her happiness under wraps. “Well, English Literature” he said gesturing to the book, “Psychology, Classics, and English Language” Spike replied with a smile. “Wow, I’m doing Psychology and both English’s as well, I not doing Classics though, I’m doing Physical Ed. This is so great!” Buffy said a little too enthusiastically. She was using all her self restraint not to jump into his arms and kiss him all over his body. “At least I’ll know someone there now.” Spike smiled down at Buffy. “Well next week if you want I’ll introduce you to Xander and Willow, they’re going to St.James too.” Spike’s heart fell, Xander. That was a guys name. “So, i-is Xander, is he your… boyfriend?” Buffy smiled, she could hear the nervousness in his voice. “No! Will, Xander and I have been best friends for five years” A wave of relief washed over Spike. “What about you, do you have a girlfriend?” Buffy asked, praying to whoever was listening that the answer would be in her favour. “Nope, I’m totally single.” Spike smiled.

Just then Joyce and Giles emerged from the kitchen. “Hello Spike, it’s nice to see you again.” Joyce greeted him. “It’s a pleasure to see you again too.” Spike replied. “Well, dinners ready, so if you kids wanna sit down and we’ll bring the food out.” Joyce told them. “Let me help you with something Mrs Summers.” Spike offered. “That’s OK Spike, we’ve got it” Joyce called as she and Giles left for the kitchen again. Buffy turned to face Spike. “So, dining room” Buffy said gesturing for him to follow her. “I hope lasagne’s alright” Buffy asked. “Of course pet, I love Italian food.” Spike said as they entered the dining room. “I know what you mean, I live off of pasta” Buffy said as Spike stepped in front of her and pulled her chair out for her. ‘oh god, oh god, perfect gentleman, kind, courteous, sexy’ her mind screamed. “Thanks” Buffy managed to say as she sat and Spike took a seat opposite her.

Giles and Joyce walked into the room with several bowls and dishes containing a huge lasagne in one, salad in another and bread in a basket. Buffy spotted the wine in a glass before her, she took a long drink from it to calm herself, she was fast losing her self control. As her gaze flitted to Spike a naughty scenario involving Spike invaded her mind. He was suddenly at her side, picking her up and as she locked her legs around his waist he swept everything off the table, lay her down on it and assaulted her mouth with a passionate, lust filled kiss before trailing kisses down her neck, then his hand slipped under her shirt and just as it was about to delve inside her bra… “Buffy, would you like some bread” came from the reality Giles, and snapped her quickly out of her day dreaming. “Oh, um, uh, yes please, thank you.” She managed to say.

As the food was passed around and dished up, Buffy’s gaze kept darting to Spike’s and then quickly away again. Unknowingly to her, Spike kept on stealing glances at Buffy, until they both looked at each other at the same time. Spike gave her a sultry smile, and Buffy managed to give a brief smile back, before becoming unusually interested in her food. As dinner went on, Giles and Spike told Buffy and her mother about their two years in America, and what it had been like out there. When their hunger had been satiated, Giles and Joyce started to clear the table. Buffy and Spike started to help, but when they reached for the bread basket at the same time, Buffy’s hand got there first, and Spike’s hand was over hers. She felt the familiar tingle shoot up her arm when he had shook her hand earlier, and when he had handed her the rose. Her brain screamed “PULL YOUR HAND AWAY!” but her heart pleaded with her to keep her hand there, if he pulled his hand away she could follow suit and pretend like it was an accident, if he didn’t pull his hand away, surely that only meant good.
Spike’s brain was screaming “PULL YOUR HAND AWAY YOU GIT!” but his heart told him to keep it there. If Buffy yanked her hand away then he could too. Pretend he didn’t mean for that to happen. Of course it had been by accident but the feeling of her skin underneath his sent his heart racing.
He wasn’t pulling his hand away, so she kept hers there. She looked up and saw Spike gazing into her eyes. His fingers moved slightly, gently stroking her hand. Buffy was just about to speak when Giles came into the dining room to retrieve the dirty plates and Buffy and Spike sprang apart. She suddenly felt rather hot “I’m just gonna go outside for some air, it’s a bit hot in here.” She turned to leave the room, but turned back. “Coming Spike?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thankyou so much for the reviews i got for the first chaoter. I have the next chapter written up and i'll post it later this evening as i have to go to work now. So leave reviews and i'll post as soon as i get back from work.
This chapter is dedicated to Allison, blondiebear, shippy, Jenn, BuffyandSpikeForever, songal, and Lacey. Thanks so much for your wonderful reviews. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)