Author's Chapter Notes:
I know in the book and movie Eomer and Eowyn are siblings, but it sounded weird to have Fred and Gunn as siblings. So Fred (Eowyn) and Gunn (Eomer) still the king’s niece and nephew, but they’re cousins not brother and sister.
Chapter 2: The Uruk Hai
Disclaimer: I don’t own it. Now stop harassing me!

The troop of Uruk Hai had been running for three days, the two captive Hobbits in tow. Andrew and Dawn were carried on the backs of two Uruks, their hands tied. Dawn had passed out from exhaustion on the Orc’s back, leaving Andrew alone with the monsters. Razor, the Uruk who had been named the new leader of the group, signaled for the rest of them to halt as they came to a rendezvous point where some Mordor Orcs were waiting for them.

“You’re late.” said an Orc named Doc, who seemed to be the leader of the Mordor Orcs. “Do you have the Hobbits? Our master is growing impatient.”

“Indeed. His most splendiferous magnificence desires the Shire rats now.” Added an Orc named Jinx.

“I don’t take orders from Orc maggots like you!” Razor growled, his gang close behind. “Rayne will get what he wants. We’re gonna deliver them, and *were* getting the credit!” He snarled, turning back to the other Uruk Hai.

“I hate Uruk Hai, they think they’re so better than the original model.” Doc, whispered to his cohorts. Andrew looked at Dawn, very concern. She hadn’t moved or opened her eyes in hours, she looked sick and a small moan escaped her mouth now and again.

“Dawn?” Andrew called to her, receiving no response. He looked around and saw an Uruk drinking from a bottle, maybe he could get them to give Dawn something to drink. “My friend is sick, she needs water. Please!”

“She’s sick, huh?” Razor asked, an evil grin spread across his face. “Well, don’t just stand there, give her some medicine boys!” The Uruk Hai poured the contents of the bottle into Dawn’s mouth, and it wasn’t water. It was a thick, goopy, disgusting liquid that caused Dawn to wake up and spew the stuff from her mouth. The Uruk Hai laughed as she coughed and spit the Orc ale out.

“Can’t hold her liquor!” Razor laughed.

“Leave her alone!” Andrew shouted as they laughed.

“Why? You want some to?” Razor asked, growling at Andrew, who shook his head. “Then keep your trap shut!” he ordered as he turned away from the Hobbits.

“Dawn?” Andrew called to Dawn, who had regained consciousness.

“Hi Andrew.” She said, as she spit out some more Orc liquor.

“Dawn, are you all right? You look hurt or sick.” Andrew asked, looking worried.

“I’m fine, it was just an act.” Dawn lied.

“An act?” Andrew asked, skeptically.

“See? I fooled you to.” Dawn said, trying to sound convincing. “I’ll be fine, Andrew.” At the head of the line, an Uruk sniffed the air and motioned to Razor.

“What is it?” Razor asked. “What do you smell?”

“Human.” He responded, sniffing again. “Dwarf. And Elf.” The Uruks and Orcs looked around, weapons drawn.

“Angel.” Andrew whispered to himself.

“They’re gaining on us. MOVE!” Razor shouted, as both groups of Orcs began running again. Andrew had to leave something for the others to find. He ripped off the broach of his cloak with his mouth and let it fall to the ground.

Miles away, Angel held his ear to the ground, hearing the Uruk Hai’s movement in the distance.
“They’ve picked up speed. They know we’re after them. Hurry, we’re on the right track!” Angel called, back to his companions.

“Come on Xander, we’re gaining on them!” Willow called back to her friend the Dwarf.

“Oh God…” Xander said, huffing and puffing. “We’ve been at this for three days with no stopping. No food or sleep, and no sign of our friends or the monsters that took them, except for what Angel can get out of the rocks. I love this.” Xander groaned as he continued to run after his friends. They ran for hours, over hills and plains in hopes of getting their friends back.

“Look!” Angel said, motioning to something on the ground. He picked up an Elvin broach like the ones on their cloaks. “What are the odds that someone else lost an Elvin broach, exactly like the ones Andrew and Dawn were wearing?”

“They might be alive!” Willow said, hope shining in her eyes.

“They’re only a few hours ahead, come on!” Angel said as they continued to run, Xander lagging behind.

“This cross country isn’t my scene, Dwarves are more equipped for sprinting.” Xander muttered. “You make us run over a short distance, you’re in real trouble.” As they reached a hill, they surveyed the land around them.

“We’re in Rohan, home of the best horsemen on earth.” Angel said, looking around. “Something’s wrong here, the Uruk Hai are fast, but not that fast.”

“Something must be using magic to keep them ahead of us.” Willow said, looking towards the horizon. “Oh no, they’re heading northeast towards Isengard!”

“Ethan Rayne. Hurry!” Angel said as they took off again. Miles away, inside Orthanc tower in Isengard, Ethan Rayne contacted his new master through the palantir.

***

“The world that ignores thee, thou inhabit. The peace that ignores thee, thou corrupt. Lord of Mordor. I remain, as ever, thy faithful, degenerate son.” Ethan said as he looked through the palantir, seeing the Dark Tower of Barad Dur. He saw in his mind, the armies that issued forth from the stronghold of the Dark Lord, and at the summit of the fortress, he gazed into the Eye of Sauron. Outside in the caverns and forges of Isengard, Ethan’s Orcs continued to manufacture weapons and hatch new Uruk Hai.

“Hey Boss.” Mr. Trick, the head Orc greeted Ethan. “How’s it goin’?”

“Fine, how’s production going?” Ethan asked, looking over the Uruk Hai marching from the spawning pits.

“Great, we’ve doubled production and the Uruk Hai are breeding faster than ever.”

“Good, I want them armed and ready to march in two weeks.”

“What? But, here’s to many of them. We can arm most of them, but not all of them. We don’t have the resources.”

“Build a dam and block the river. And keep the furnaces running all day and night.”

“We don’t have enough fuel for the fires.”

“Not enough fuel?” Ethan asked, looking incredulously. “Fangorn Forest is right outside the walls. Send out Orcs with axes and burn it down.”

“I love the way you think, Boss.” Trick said, grinning. “All right boys, we got a deforestation operation to do. Get to it!”

“The old world will burn in the fires of industry. The forests will fall.” Ethan thought to himself, watching the Orcs scramble to destroy the forest.

“Lord Rayne.” An Orc called, running up to him. “The leader of the Wildmen is here to see you.”

“Great!” Ethan said, going to meet his newest ally. He walked into his throne room and met Parker, chief of the Wildmen.

“We will fight for you.” Parker said, saluting Ethan.

“Swear it.” Ethan responded. Parker pulled out a dagger and cut the palm of his hand, swearing a blood oath.

“We will fight and die for Ethan Rayne!” Parker swore. He left and came back that night with his warriors to receive Ethan’s orders.

“The horsemen took your land.” Ethan said, addressing the Wildmen. “They took your homes and drove your people into the hills to scratch a living off rock!” the Wildmen roared in anger. “Take back what they stole from you. Burn every village!” Parker charged out with his troops to attack Rohan.

‘A new order will rise. We’ll drive the war machine with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc.’ Ethan thought, smugly. ‘All we have to do is remove those who stand against us.’

The next morning, hundreds of Wildmen, Orcs and Uruk Hai charged across the plains of Rohan ready to destroy anything that crossed their path. Village after village was burned to the ground and its citizens either ran or died at the hands of Ethan’s troops.

“Together, my lord Sauron, we shall rule this Middle Earth.” Ethan said into the palantir.

***

At the Isen River, rain began to fall on the many bodies left from a battle when Gunn’s group of horsemen arrived. Men, Orcs, and horse carcasses were all around, and Gunn knew that his cousin was with the group that was part of this massacre.

“Steven!” Gunn called out. “Find the King’s son!” he ordered. They dismounted and began looking through the fallen soldiers for Steven.


“After we find him, we need to put a serious hurtin’ on Mordor‘s ass.” Rondell fumed.

“Good idea, but one problem.” Gunn said, staring at an Orc corpse.

“And what’s that?” Rondell asked.

“These Orcs ain’t from Mordor,” Gunn said, showing off a helmet with the White Hand of Ethan Rayne painted on it. “They’re from Isengard.”

“We found him!” One of the horsemen yelled. Gunn and Rondell ran over and saw Steven was wounded badly, but was still alive.

“Let’s get him on a horse and get him home.” Gunn ordered. They hauled the wounded young man up on a horse and rode as fast as possible to Edoras, the capital of Rohan. Gunn took Steven to the infirmary of the Golden Hall, followed by his cousin Fred.

“What happened, Charles?” Fred asked, looking at her wounded cousin.

“Orcs.” Gunn said, wrapping Steven’s arm. “Rayne’s Orcs. We need to see your dad.” Gunn and Fred walked through the Hall to the throne room, where King Holtz sat in the dark. Something had happened to the king over the last few months, he was aged beyond his years; he barely spoke and looked like he would die any day.

“Steven is hurt badly, Uncle. The doctors say there’s a chance he won’t make it.” Fred said, tears rolling down her cheeks.

“He was ambushed by Orcs. If we don’t do something to protect ourselves soon, Ethan Rayne is gonna take the whole place over.”

“OK dude, you’re overreacting.” Said a voice from the shadows. The king’s chief advisor, Warren Wormtongue walked over to Holtz’s side. “Also, you’re wrong. Ethan Rayne the White has always been our friend and ally. What makes you think hat he’d, all of a sudden, turn on us?”

“Because Orcs are running roughshod over the whole country, they’re raping, pillaging, and killing anything they want. And they’re wearing Rayne’s White Hand on their armor.” Gunn spat, holding the helmet with the White Hand painted on it.

“Why are you doing this?” Warren asked, looking at Gunn like he was a child throwing a tantrum. “Why are you dumping all this stress into your uncle’s lap? Can’t you see he’s got enough on his mind as it is? Do you have to add to his problems with your warmongering?”

“Warmongering?” Gunn asked, furiously. He grabbed Warren and pinned him against the wall. “When was it, Warren? When did you sell your soul to Rayne? What did you sell it for? After the kingdom is his and everyone else is dead you get first dibs on the treasury?” Warren didn’t answer; he just glanced to the side, looking at Fred. She looked at Warren with utter revulsion, and walked away. Gunn punched Warren in the gut and grabbed his face. “Don’t even think about it! You touch her, you die slow.”

“You’re smart, Gunn.” Warren said, looking over his shoulder. Warren’s thugs grabbed Gunn and started to beat him down. “In fact, you’re to smart. You’re now banished from Rohan, under penalty of death.”

“You’re not in charge here.” Gunn yelled, trying to lung at the slimy advisor. “You can’t banish me!”

“You’re right, but the king can. And he did, he signed the order this morning.” Warren said, grinning as he showed Gunn the edict that banished him from the country. The thugs dragged Gunn out of the palace and out of the city.

***

The group of Uruk Hai and Orcs continued their marathon run across the fields of Rohan, with Angel, Willow and Xander miles away trying desperately to catch up. They ran and ran until late that night, when they stopped for a breather.

“Get a fire going!” Razor commanded, a few Orcs with axes began hacking into the trees of the forest near by. They threw the two Hobbits down and began rest and preparation to run again. Andrew crawled over to where Dawn was and shook her a little till she regained consciousness.

“Dawn?” Andrew whispered, as she opened her eyes.

“I think maybe we shoulda stayed home, Andrew.” Dawn said weakly, as Andrew helped her sit up. As the Orcs chopped firewood, a strange deep groaning could be heard reverberating through the forest. “What’s that?”

“The trees” Andrew said, looking awestruck. Dawn rolled her eyes, as she knew Andrew had a wealth of knowledge of all unbelievable stories or tales and he was about to go into one of his overblown summaries. “Remember the forest on the borders of Buckland? They say that there was some ancient power in the water, it made the trees grow taller than anywhere on earth, and it made them come alive. They began to think, to talk to each other, even move.”

“I’m starving!” grumbled an Uruk named M’ Fashnik. “We haven’t had anything but moldy bread for three damn days! What I wouldn’t give for the taste of raw meat and hot blood in my mouth.”

“Yeah, why can’t we have meat? I mean come on, I’m skin and bones here.” Asked an Orc named Merl. Merl looked behind an Uruk, at the two Hobbits. “Hey, what about them? They look fresh, and I bet they taste great with onions.”

“They aren’t food, especially for the likes of you.” Razor growled at Merl.

“What about they’re legs?” Asked the Orc, Doc, his mouth watering. “They don’t need those if you guys are gonna carry them to Isengard. And you have to admit, they do look tasty.”

“Back off, you piece of crap! Razor shouted, shoving Doc and the other Orcs back. The two factions growled at each other over the fate of the prisoners. “They go to Rayne, alive and unspoiled!”

“Alive?” Doc asked, curious at the importance of the two Hobbits. “Why alive?”

“Maybe he wants the female, I know there’s a few things I’d like to do with her.” An Orc said ogling Dawn, licking his lips. Dawn scooted away from the Orc in question.

“They have some Elvish weapon or something, the Boss wants it for the war.” Razor said, growling at the Orcs.

“They think we have the Ring.” Andrew whispered to Dawn, who clamped a hand over his mouth.

“Shut up, they figure out we don’t have it, we’re dead.” Dawn whispered hurriedly.

“OK, just a mouth full.” Merl said, appearing behind them raising a knife. “ Just off the ribs.” But before he could strike, Razor swung his sword and lopped off Merl’s head his body falling to the ground.

“Well,” Razor said, looking at the Orc’s body. “I guess meat’s back on the menu boys!” The Uruks roared in approval as they started tearing into their former college. With the Orcs’ full attention on their meal, Dawn and Andrew began crawling away from the campsite. But suddenly a foot stomped down on Dawn’s back, and she’s turned over by the Orc Doc.

“Go on, call for help.” Doc said, smiling. “I’m afraid noone’s going to save you this time.” But he spoke to soon as a spear flew through the air and landed in Doc’s back. The Orcs and Uruk Hai looked up to see horsemen riding in and ambushing them. He place was chaos, Orcs were being slaughtered and the huge horses were close to crushing the Hobbits. As they ran between the falling bodies, Andrew fell backwards and screamed as he saw a pair of horse hooves coming down on him.