Cousin Arabella by Lilachigh

Chp 14 No Interruptions



Spike strode up the corridor, gingerly dabbing at the gash on his head with a towel. Div’vid had doctored him up some and he’d soon mend, but in the meantime he had a thumping headache which wasn’t doing a lot for his temper.

He could sense that the sun was up outside his cousin’s house. He yawned widely. God he was bloody tired. It had been a fun evening, a great party what with the fighting and all, but now he wanted was to get his head down - preferably with the Slayer tucked up beside him.

He grinned wickedly. He was sure his headache would vanish once he could press his forehead against her soft breasts.

The bedroom they’d been given was at the end of the corridor. He hoped it was soundproof. He intended to make Buffy scream in all sorts of ways once they’d had a short kip and got their strength back. They had all day now till dusk. Hours and hours on their own with no interruptions.

He growled in anticipation. Hours in which he could begin to teach her just a few of the things he’d learnt in over a hundred years of unlife. Oh, and she’d be such a willing little pupil. That he knew. She’d only just begun to scrape the surface of her sexuality.

Spike fought to keep his demon from appearing. Bloody hell, he could feel every nerve in his body tingle as he imagined what he was going to do to her, what she would do to him.

He knew he’d never tire of hearing that weird moaning groan she made when she was close to coming. He knew she thought it was an ugly sound, but it drove him wild. So did the way she bit and scratched him, forcing him deeper and deeper inside her.

He grinned. The first couple of times he’d had serious worries about his prick and his balls. Slayer teeth could do a bloody lot of damage in that department. Well, tonight, maybe a good spanking would be necessary. He’d like to make that round arse of hers smart. He wondered if she’d ever dreamed of coming while being spanked. He doubted it. Well, tonight, she was going to find out exactly what that felt like.

And he’d kill the first person who tried to come into their room while he was -

The door was ajar as he reached it - he hesitated. He could hear Arabella’s voice. It was strangely comforting to hear a female English accent again. It brought back memories of his mother - but they made his head throb harder so he pushed them aside.

“You can’t say it, can you? You’re scared. The great Slayer, the great Buffy Summers, is scared of a few little words. I dare you, Slayer! I dare you to look me in the eyes and say, ‘I love William!”

Spike froze, one hand outstretched to the door handle. He felt a cold shudder run across his body. He wouldn’t have thought it possible to feel any colder than usual, but he did.

Arabella was daring Buffy to say she loved him. He’d imagined they’d be talking girly sort of things about the party. How the hell had the conversation got round to this?

For a split second, Spike wanted with all his dead heart to wait, wanted to listen to her answer, to know once and for all how she really felt about him.

But in the next instant he knew he couldn’t let her be forced into this. Okay, Arabella was making mischief, but she had no idea of what Buffy had been through recently.
Spike knew that coming back from the dead had altered so much in the Slayer’s world.

Whatever she said now, it was under pressure and that wasn’t any good for them at all. He thought she loved him but saying it would take their relationship to another level and he knew she wasn’t ready for that - yet.

There was still a huge part of Buffy that wanted to be a normal girl. Until she realised once and for all that she never would be, he knew she would never be happy to admit her feelings for him.

And, above all, as much as he loved her, he wanted her to be happy....

Buffy stared at Spike’s cousin. It was a long time since she’d seen such hatred in a woman’s face. Arabella hadn’t vamped out, but the sapphire eyes that were so like her cousin’s were burning with loathing.

And she’d dared Buffy to say what she really felt for Spike, to admit that she loved him.

Buffy glanced in the mirror behind Arabella. There was no sign of the vampire woman in it, of course, just herself; a small, barefoot girl with damp blonde hair, wearing a dreadful lavender dress that had seen better days.

She didn’t look powerful, didn’t appear to be the Slayer, the scourge of the vampire world. But she was. And she’d never backed down from a dare in all her life.

Did she love William? She flung her head back - she refused to lie to this...this thing. She’d tell her the truth -

“Bloody hell, Bella. Couldn’t you find Buffy something better to wear!” Spike breezed through the door, dabbing at the cut on his head with a cloth. “She looks like a waitress.”

Arabella spun round, the venom vanishing from her face, replaced by a warm smile. ‘William! Are you all right? Has Div’vid dealt with your wounds?” Her nostrils flared slightly. “You’re still bleeding.”

Spike grinned. “Bella, my sweet, you know family don’t snack on each other. Be a good girl and run along now. I need to get my head down and get some kip. And Buffy looks as if she’s about to fall asleep where she stands.”

Arabella cupped his face in her hands. “I know. I was just saying that to her when you came in.” She whispered, very loudly, “I don’t think she’s very strong, you know, cousin. A sweet child, but not Drusilla, of course.”

“Bloody hell, I hope not. I’d never dare shut my eyes again if she was. Go and get some rest yourself. It’s been a great party, but poor old Div’vid is still sorting out the mess your guests made in the hall. We’ll see you before we leave.’

He ushered her out of the room and closed the door, locking it and tossing the key onto a shelf.

“Trouble with the women in my family, they all talk too much, pet,” he said.

Buffy sank down on the bed. She couldn’t remember when she’d last felt so tired. Emotionally she felt drained. She knew why. Arabella had almost made her admit to something she’d always refused to put into words, even in her own head.

The adrenalin was draining out of her system now and all she wanted to do was sleep.

“Is your head all right?” she murmured.

Spike grinned and pulled off his T-shirt. “Sorry to tell you, but I’ll survive to annoy you for another day, Slayer,” he said as his trousers and boots were kicked across the floor.

‘Listen, Spike, I’m sorry, I don’t feel like - ”

“Slayer, get rid of that hideous dress. God only knows what Bella was thinking of, giving it to you. I suppose it might be fashionable in Europe. That’s probably why. But it doesn’t suit you, pet. Take it off.”

Buffy hesitated. She knew what he wanted and part of her wanted it too, longed for him to pound the doubts out of her, to make her moan and shout and scream and fall down that long, whirling scarlet place that he took her to when he made her come.

Spike threw back the sheets and flung himself, stark naked onto the bed. He held out an imperious hand and, almost without thinking, she threw off the dress and let him pull her into his arms.

Then he turned her so her back was against his chest. Oh help, surely he wasn’t going to - then a leg draped over hers, his face buried itself in the soft skin of her neck and she heard a mumbled, “Night, pet,” and a very definite snore.

to be continued


Thanks for all the marvellous reviews. Really appreciated.