Cousin Arabella


by Lilachigh


Chapter 4 ‘Where’s Drusilla?’


Introducing your friends to your family can be a tricky business, as Spike is about to discover!



Spike swung the ‘borrowed’ car through a pair of ornate iron gates, narrowly missing a couple of bright blue demons with frilly heads and powered on up the driveway towards what Buffy could only describe as a mansion.

‘Wow!’ she gasped as the house came into sight. ‘Spike, it’s vast. Like a palace. How rich is your cousin?’

Spike shrugged and parked the car with a flourish. ‘Regurgitating demons are always well off, pet. Nice guys, but you need them on your side. They have money and power. Bit like the English aristocracy. Div’vid’s always had cash to burn and Arabella came from the wealthy side of my family. My parents were the poorer branch - just comfortably off - but hers were wealthy.

‘I suppose when I - well, when the rest of the family died! - she inherited the lot. And being turned never stopped her making good investments! She was always good with money was Arabella.’

Buffy shook her head. Somehow the straightforward way Spike spoke about vampire life always intrigued her. She was sure Giles had no notes about vampire finances in his vast array of reference books. Perhaps she should take notes!

She got out of the car and smoothed down the skirt of her white and red dress. She could feel the creases where Spike had scrunched it as he’d plunged his fingers inside her only minutes before.

She bit her lip. Oh god, she could feel herself growing wet again between her thighs. What was wrong with her? Why couldn’t she feel a single thing for anyone else in her world, but for Spike she was like a bitch on heat, aching for him with every fibre of her being.

Buffy looked up and caught the vampire gazing at her, his eyes a bright sapphire. His nostrils flared slightly and she knew he’d scented her arousal again. For one delirious second she thought he was going to throw her across the hood of the car and fuck her there and then, but he obviously realised there were just too many people about - well demons, actually.

Without saying a word, he lifted a finger to his mouth and sucked at it. She felt the hot colour flare into her cheeks. How dare he! Oh god, she wanted to punch him so hard her fists hurt. She also wanted to make love to him so hard his balls ached!

‘Later, Slayer,’ he promised, reading her mind again and leant inside the car to hoist up the crate of champagne from the back seat.

Quick as a flash, Buffy stepped up behind him and ran her hands down the front of his trousers. She giggled as she heard him curse and felt the erection straining immediately against the thin fabric.

That would teach him to play games with her! Sometimes she felt he was entirely too ‘cocky’ for his own good!

She swung away before he could do anything more and made her way up the stone steps to the grand portico entrance. She heard him muttering behind her and felt a thrill of anticipation run over her body. Oh she would pay for that, she knew only too well. She could only guess at how he would make her pay and her guesses were never as explicit or as exciting as the real thing.

‘Just you wait, Goldilocks,’ he growled in her ear, leaping up the last few steps until he was at her side. ‘You are going to - ’

‘William! How lovely to see you! It’s been so long!’

Buffy stared in amazement. A woman was hurrying towards them across the marble floored entrance hall. She wasn’t pretty, she wasn’t even attractive, no she was stunningly beautiful!

Her long dark hair was caught up in a complicated knot at the back of her head and long curls, laced through with tiny white flowers, hung down onto her creamy shoulders. She had that English cream and roses complexion that needs hardly any make-up to enhance it. Her eyes were huge, bright blue like Spike’s and rimmed with what looked like a double layer of natural black lashes.

She was wearing a dark blue velvet dress that hugged every centimetre of her body in a tight embrace. If she was wearing anything underneath it, Buffy would have been astounded.

The skin of the back of Buffy’s neck began to tingle and her hand itched to pull a stake from her purse. This had to be Arabella, a vampire, married to a regurgitating Frovlax demon and Spike’s cousin.
.
She brushed past Buffy as if she didn’t exist, wound her pale arms round Spike’s neck and kissed him on the lips.

Buffy wondered if her promise to Spike not to kill anyone could be conveniently forgotten. Perhaps she could say she’d had a lapse of memory as Arabella dissolved into dust.

‘’Bella, pet. You look marvellous. You’ve done something wonderful to your hair. I like it. And that dress is fabulous. You always look good in blue.’

Oh great! It was a fashion contest now! Buffy pushed her fingers through the amber tangles that were all that was left of her hairstyle after Spike had made love to her on the way there. She glanced around. Was there a cloakroom, a restroom, somewhere she could at least begin to make herself presentable.

‘You look wonderful yourself, William. Oh, it’s so good to see you. But where’s Drusilla? Haven’t you bought her with you? I know we had that little disagreement about the puppies, but they were mine to eat, not hers and it was fifty years ago now, for goodness sake. Surely she’s not still holding a grudge?’

‘Er...well, ‘Bella, I’m not with Dru anymore. We broke up.’

‘William! That’s dreadful. You seemed an ideal couple. Hopefully it’s just a short break. I just can’t imagine you without each other. What did Angel say about it? You do still see Liam, don’t you? You were always such friends. Such a sweetie, all that Irish blarney. And Darla? I miss the old gang. We had such fun. Div’vid is such an old stick in the mud about things like killing and feeding. But then Frovlaxes are such puritans, aren’t they? I think it’s because he’s a vegetarian. I have trouble understanding people who only eat vegetables. I love him dearly, but oh dear, the poor old love has no experience of having a good time.’

‘I’ve no idea what the Mick poofter is up to,’ Spike snapped, unwinding her arms from around his neck.

Buffy grinned to herself. If there was one way of annoying Spike, Arabella had just found it. He hated to have Angel’s name mentioned, unless it was in a thoroughly nasty way.

‘I’ve come with my friend Buffy here.’ Spike waved a hand in Buffy’s direction.

Arabella spun round and that brilliant blue gaze shot through Buffy as if she was made of tissue paper. She tilted her head, her lips thinned and Buffy knew with certainty that she could smell Spike on her, knew how wet she was between her thighs, and could guess exactly what they’d been doing on the way to the party.

Buffy shuddered. Where Spike’s eyes were a warm sapphire, this woman’s were glacier cold.

‘How very nice to meet you - er, Buffy, is it. What a very - American - sort of name. But charming, very sweet, very young. How good of you to accompany poor William to our little party. I do hope it won’t be too boring for you. I can imagine he isn’t very good company without dear Drusilla. They were so in love. But then, perhaps you don’t know a lot about strong emotions.’

The accent was very English, more clipped than Giles’. Her tone was one that made Buffy long to punch her on her dainty little nose. How could this, this bitch!, be related to Spike. And if she called him William once more in that ‘why can’t we go to bed together straight away’ voice, Buffy would punch her! With a stake in her hand!

‘It’s very nice to meet you,’ Buffy replied equally sweetly. ‘I’m afraid Spike didn’t tell me your name. But then we’ve been rather - ’ she laughed in what she hoped was a sexy manner - ‘preoccupied. I’m sure I don’t have to spell out how for you. I know you’re almost as old as Spike, but I guess you can still imagine what we’ve been doing, even if you don’t partake yourself anymore!’

Arabella’s face went still and for a fleeting second, Buffy could have sworn the blue eyes gleamed golden and a ripple crossed her features as her game face fought to come through the beautiful mask.

Buffy could see the alarm on Spike’s face and he stepped forward to intervene, when,

‘Spike, my old mate! How goes it, old boy?’

A dark green demon who stood at least seven feet tall, appeared in the hallway, carrying a giant mug of beer in a huge cloven hand. He had the big brown velvet eyes and pretty ears of a very nice cow.

‘Div’vid! Good to see you. Is that Bishop’s Finger beer I can smell. Marvellous! I haven’t tasted that for years. Show me where I can dump this fizzy pissy stuff and then get me a pint. Oh, Div’vid, let me introduce you to Buffy. Er, she’s - she’s a friend of mine.’

Buffy’s hand disappeared into an emerald clasp twice the size of hers. She looked up into sad brown eyes and found herself smiling. She sensed she could like this Div’vid, although if he started rechewing his food, she might throw up herself, but, hey, she would cross that bridge when she came to it.

‘Come in, come in , both of you. Meet some friends. Have some food. A drink. It’s going to be a great evening.’

And towing Buffy behind him, the jolly green giant headed for what Buffy could only call a ballroom. Yards long, chandeliers sparkling, an orchestra playing and demons and vampires dancing in a glitter of beautiful dresses and different coloured feathers, skins and scales.

She turned to speak to Spike, but the words died on her lips. Cousin Arabella had her arm round his waist and was whispering intimately into his ear.

Buffy took a deep breath. She had the feeling it was going to be a very long night!

to be continued