Chapter 37:


Buffy sighed in frustration as she nervously twisted her hair in front of the mirror. She eyed the clock for the fifth time in the last half hour.

“Buffy, you better hurry! They’ll be here any minute.” She heard her mother shout from the hall.

“I’ll be there in a sec.” She yelled back as she turned in front of the mirror. “Oh, I give up.” She hissed at the white walls, stopping to check the way she looked one more time before leaving.

She nearly bumped into her mother as she exited the bathroom.

“Wow! You look amazing!” Buffy breathed.

“You don’t think the red lipstick is a little too much?” Mrs. Summers asked a bit doubtful.

“You look great, mom. Giles will be left picking his chin up off the floor.” She reassured her with a smile.

“Speaking of which…” Joyce trailed off when she heard the doorbell ring.

The two quickly made their way down the stairs and Mrs. Summers inhaled deeply before opening the door to reveal Giles and Spike, both wearing black tuxedos.

“Happy New Year’s E-“ Giles stopped in mid sentence when he saw the woman holding the door open for him. He stared blindly at her, his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.

“Wow!” Spike finally said, raising an eyebrow and giving his father a light push.

“Oh, s-sorry! You just look… um… beautiful!” He finally managed to say.

She wore a long black evening gown which crossed over her left shoulder leaving her right one exposed.

“Thank you.” Joyce replied blushing furiously. “You two look quite handsome yourselves. Come in.”

Spike rubbed his hands together as the two men walked in from the cold.

“Where’s Buffy?” He asked trying to mask the anxiety in his voice.

He hadn’t seen her since they had come home from the cabin. The last week had been extremely hectic, with him helping his father at the bookstore and Buffy at the gallery, there hadn’t been any time to spare.

“She was right behind me.” Joyce frowned looking around as she walked into the kitchen. “That’s odd.” She noted when she failed to find her there.

“Maybe-“

“Hey, guys.”

The three turned to see Buffy coming down the stairs. She wore a simple light blue dress which fitted tightly around her breasts and drift freely around the rest of her body. Twin strings travelled over each exposed collarbone to reach the back of the dress, while a long scarf was wrapped around her thin neck to complete the outfit. Her blonde locks tumbled over her bare shoulders, floating lightly as she took each step at a time.

It was Spike’s turn to gawk. He stood at the end of the staircase looking up at her, his mouth partially open.

“Buffy, you look beautiful.” Giles complimented with a smile as he adjusted his glasses once more.

“Thank you.” She replied, a light flush taking over her cheeks when she realised how intensely Spike was staring at her.

“Where did you go?” Joyce asked when the young girl finally reached the hall.

“I forgot my bag.” She answered, waving the small item she held in her hands, her eyes never leaving the bleached teen standing next to her.

“Shall we then?” Giles asked offering his right arm to Joyce, who gladly accepted, worming her hands around it.

It took a while but, eventually, as the older couple exited the house, Spike seemed to snap out of his daze.

“God, you are so beautiful.” He managed to gasp in her ear as she locked the front door.

The feel of his breath on her neck sent shivers down her spine and she had to shut her eyes tightly for a second before turning to face him with a smile:

“Thanks.” She tried to look as nonchalant as possible and not sound like a giddy teenager with a crush as she continued: “That tux really looks good on you.”

“It’s the same from Homecoming.” He replied, his eyes still fixed on her.

“What?” She questioned as they made their way to the car.

“You look…” He struggled with the words. “God, I missed you so much.” Without thinking, he suddenly moved closer to her, preparing to wrap his arms around her, his mouth dangerously close to hers.

“What are you doing?” She hissed, pressing her hand against his chest. He shook his head slightly, closing and opening his eyes a couple of times before uttering:

“What?”

“Our parents.” She whispered as they came closer to the vehicles.

“Oh, right.” He grumbled as he opened the car door for her.


~+~


Giles stepped out and handed the key to one of the young men dressed in a black uniform who stood in front of the house. In all farness, it resembled more a mansion than anything else.

“Ready?” He asked with a plastic smile, offering his arm to Joyce as he held the car door for her.

“You really hate this, don’t you?” She questioned, trying to stop from chuckling.

“With every fibre in my body.” He replied as they stepped into the majestic hallway where a few other couples gathered to greet the hostess.

“Come on. Be nice.” She whispered just as a woman in a flaming red dress approached them.

“Oh, Joyce, you made it!” Mrs. Chase shouted gleefully as she crossed the hall towards them, a huge grin on and arms wide open to embrace Joyce.

“Joanne, it’s good to see you. Happy New Year’s Eve!” Joyce greeted, wrapping her arms around the tall brunette.

“Happy New Year’s Eve!” She replied gingerly. “Oh, Mr. Giles, you finally came! I’ve been trying to get you to come to our party for years now!” She continued as she turned her attentions to the shopkeeper.

“It’s nice to be here. And please, it’s just Giles.” Rupert replied putting on his most cordial smile as he took the hostess’ hand and lightly brushed his lips over it.

“Oh, you Brits are *such* gentlemen!” Mrs. Chase gushed bringing her free hand to cover her mouth.

In the meantime, the younger couple stood behind them, exchanging looks of longing when suddenly...

“Oh! William! You’re here too.” Joanne shouted coming to hug him. “Look at you! You look so handsome.” She continued giddily.

“Hey, Mrs. Chase.” Spike mumbled lowering his head slightly embarrassed.

“And Buffyyy!”

The blonde teen flinched at the piercing shriek the older woman let out.

“Oh, are you two a couple? You look so cute! So sweeet!”

The two teens felt their hearts stop for a second, their eyes going wide as they searched for an answer.

“Well, we…” Buffy started.

“We’re… um…” Spike tried.

Thankfully, Mrs. Summers came to their rescue:

“Where’s Michael?” Joyce cut in a bit abruptly, but still with a wide smile on.

“He’s probably by the pool area.” Mrs. Chase replied, her eyes quickly returning to land on the tall shopkeeper now standing in front of her. “It’s so nice to have you here Giles.” She said eyeing the Englishman from head to toe and back up again.

As a result, Giles nervously fidgeted with his glasses, adjusting them for the millionth time as he was about to say something.

“Well, we’ll just go over to say hi then.” Mrs. Summers interrupted, wrapping her arm around Giles’ and practically dragging him away.

As soon as they were out of earshot she tugged at his sleeve:

“No need to be *that* nice.” She mumbled with a frown.

“Oh, Willow’s over there.” Buffy noted and the two teens slipped away from the overly peppy hostess before she had a chance to make any more awkward questions. “Mom!” She shouted after her mother. “We’re going to go over to talk to Willow, ok?”

Mrs. Summers nodded and turned towards the pool area.

“Hey, Wills!” Buffy greeted as she moved through the crowd, Spike trailing behind her.

“Buffy! Hey!” Willow replied when the couple reached her. “Spike.”

“Red.” He said with a slight nod. “Where’s the whelp and Oz?”

Before Willow could answer, Spike felt someone pat him on the shoulder.

“Spike, long time no see.” Oz spoke as he handed Willow a glass of soda while taking a sip from his own.

“Haven’t seen Xander yet. He’s probably in full make out mode with Cordy.” Willow answered Spike’s question.

“I don’t think so.” Buffy chuckled, spotting Xander across the room.

The teen stood next to Mr. Chase, looking terrified; a plastic grin plastered on his face as he pretended to be listening to the tall man ramble on about something apparently very dull.

“I think Mr. Chase caught him.” Buffy continued as the four now leaned back and watched the sad spectacle.

“Oh, poor thing! Mr. Chase is probably giving him the famous ‘kill or be killed’ speech.” Willow lamented.

“Kill or be killed?” Buffy asked with a frown, looking around and feeling very much out of the loop when she saw Spike shake his head and throw a pity glance in Xander’s direction.

“Yep. Mr. Chase’s theory. According to it, the law in the world today is kill or be killed. It’s a battle for survival in which we all have to choose if we’re gonna be hunters or… lunch.” Willow summed up.

There was silence once again as the four observed the brunette be mercilessly tormented with the older man’s gruesome perspective on life. Xander fidgeted nervously, widening his silly grin and nodding enthusiastically every time Mr. Chase’s eyes fell on him.

“He’s doomed.” Spike piped up. “That speech could take hours.”

“How do you know?” Buffy glanced at him.

“Um... I… um… I” The stuttered as she struggled to find and answer.

“It’s common knowledge.” Oz stepped in.

“Then why don’t I know about ‘the speech’.” She asked still looking up at Spike.

“Cause you’re not common, luv.” The Brit whispered in her ear.

The feel of his strong body pressing against her side seemed to fog her mind and she soon forgot about the subject as she stared back at Xander.


~+~


A glimpse of hope seemed to flash in the teen’s eyes when he saw the small group gathered across the room from him.

“Help me.” He mouthed while Mr. Chase wasn’t looking.

“So, you see, in the corporate world we live today young people like you have to fend for themselves. It’s a jungle out there.” The older man paused bringing the cigar back to his lips for a few seconds before recommencing: “I’m telling you it’s kill or…” He turned to look at the teen standing next to him who immediately stood up straight.

“Or be killed.” Xander completed the sentence with false enthusiasm.

“Exactly!” Mr. Chase practically shouted as he patted the teen’s back nearly causing him to choke on his own saliva. “You’re a bright young man! I knew my Cordy-poo knew how to pick them.”

Xander grinned weakly at the plump man, praying to all gods to be saved when Mr. Chase continued:

“Have I told you about that one time my company took over…”

‘Oh, God, not again! Please! Not again!’ He begged in his mind.

“Oh, honey! There you are!” A high pitched voice came out of nowhere. “I’ve been looking all over for you. Hello, Xander!”

“Hi, Mrs. Chase.” Xander greeted with a hint of hope.

“You don’t mind if I borrow my husband, do you?”

“Not at all!” He replied a little too enthusiastically.

“Joanne, does it have to be now? I was just about to tell him about the McKinley take over.” The cigar-smoking man protested.

“Well, you’ll have to save that for later. I need you now. The mayor just got here.” Mrs. Chase explained as she guided her husband into the crowd.

Xander let out a long sigh of relief and quickly made his way across the room to meet up with the rest of the gang.

“Hey!” He said meekly.

“Hey. How was the torture?” Oz asked.

“Torturous.” Xander quipped.

“My sentiments.” Willow said giving him a friendly pat on his shoulder.

“Where’s Cordy?” Buffy questioned.

“Probably still upstairs getting dressed.” Xander answered shrugging. “Wants to make a big entrance, as always.”

“What’s with the jazz fad?” Spike asked, his index finger pointing upwards as another Billy Holiday song came on.

“It’s Mrs. Chase’s thing.” Buffy explained, casually leaning against Spike when the room scan for their parents came out negative. “Every year she picks a decade and only plays music from that period. This year’s the 30’s.”

“No New Year songs?” Spike frowned.

“Nope.” Willow replied, popping the ‘p’.

“That’s odd.”

“Better odd than painful.” Xander intervened.

At Spike’s confused look Willow stepped in:

“Last year’s decade was the 70’s.”

“Very, very 70’s.” Buffy added.

“There are only so many times you can hear ‘Staying Alive’ before the inevitable urge to kill the DJ takes over.” Willow cringed at the memory.

“Hey, the 70’s weren’t all disco, you know? Remember punk?” Spike argued.

“Believe me, for Mrs. Chase, it was disco all the way.” Xander retorted.

“I can’t believe I was actually sighing in relief every time they played Elvis.” Willow noted as Oz wrapped his arm around her.

Buffy eyed the couple and felt a knot start to form in her stomach. She wanted to be able to do that with her boyfriend and not worry if her mother caught them. She gulped when she felt Spike secretly caress her back, their bodies ‘casually’ pressed against each other as the two hungrily grasped any opportunity to touch each other. Buffy shook her head slightly, trying to concentrate on the conversation. What was the subject again? Oh, right - Disco’s the devil’s music. ‘God, we really have to tell our parents the truth!’ Buffy thought when Spike’s hand drifted south brushing over the soft curve of her buttocks.

“I mean, the Bee Gee’s were…” Xander trailed off when he realised the sudden silence that invaded the room.

He turned around to see Cordelia entering; every single person in the room went silent and stared at the red-clad brunette. With extreme elegance and poise, apparently oblivious to the effect she had on the crowd, she crossed the great hall heading towards the familiar group. Slowly, the background murmur returned to normal as she reached the gang.

“Hey!” She greeted.

“Cordelia, you look amazing!” Willow complimented.

“I know.” She simply replied eyeing her boyfriend who was still picking up his jaw off the floor.

Buffy smirked at her smug attitude. It was just so Cordy-like. Her smile soon faded as she looked over her shoulder to find Spike staring at the brunette, his eyes slightly widened. Something in her stomach twisted painfully but she didn’t say anything, simply continued to listen to the conversation.

Spike frowned when he felt her step away from him. He moved closer and once again she inched away.

“Something wrong, luv?” He leaned in to whisper in her ear.

“Parents.” She replied calmly.

“They’re outside.” He frowned, trying to wrap his arms around her but she pulled away discreetly.

“Don’t want to risk it.” She said, her eyes never meeting his as she looked on.

“You were fine about it a minute ago.” He pressed on.

“Well, I changed my mind.” She continued nonchalantly.

She smiled and turned to say something to Willow when she suddenly felt his hand around her arm.

“Excuse us.” He said to the group with a forced smile and, before she knew it, Buffy was being dragged through the crowd and soon found herself in a fairly secluded hall.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, letting go of her arm after he had turned her around to face him.

“Nothing’s wrong.” She insisted, letting out a long sigh as she leaned on the wall with her arms crossed over her chest.

“Buffy…” He tilted his head sideways, waiting for an explanation.

“It’s nothing.”

He looked at her from under a furrowed brow, clearly not convinced.

Buffy pouted as she slowly realised how ridiculous she was being.

“It’s just… the way you looked at Cordy back there.”

“What?”

“You were all…” She widened her eyes trying to imitate his look. “…salivaty.”

“Salivaty?” He frowned.

“Yeah. Salivating a lot… salivaty.” She explained awkwardly.

“I don’t think that word exists, pet.” He smirked at her as she fidgeted nervously with the strings of her bag.

“Fine. It doesn’t exist.” She murmured. “Can we go now? I don’t wanna get caught back here.”

He said nothing, simply continued to smile as he leaned closer to her. She moved backwards and felt the cold wall against her back.

“What are you doing? Someone might walk by.” She whispered when he continued to inch closer to her.

“Do you have any idea just how cute you look when you’re jealous?” He asked ignoring her questions as his lips brushed over hers, his hands travelling over her hips.

“I wasn’t jealous!” She piped up a little too loudly. Hers eyes widened and she scanned their surrounding. “I wasn’t jealous.” She repeated, this time a mere whisper. “I was just-“

She was cut off as he suddenly attacked her mouth, his hand grasping her neck below her ear to cup her cheek and bring her closer to him.

Buffy moaned into his mouth, eagerly responding to the kiss, her arms worming between their bodies to pull him by the lapels of his tux.

They battled furiously, their hips crushed against each other in a desperate attempt to be closer, hands erratically gliding over their bodies, trying to touch every single inch of the other at once.

“God, I missed you…” He managed to breathe between urgent kisses.

“Missed… hum…” His mouth covered hers, preventing her from completing her sentence.

Spike pressed his body against hers, crushing her against the wall as the kisses grew hungrier and more desperate.

“Are you sure you left it in your room, Maria?”

Mrs. Chase’s high-pitched voice snapped them out of their daze.

“Oh, my God!” Buffy whispered breathless as she heard the sound of footsteps coming closer.

Without a word, Spike grabbed her hand and once again they were racing down the hall.

“Here.” Buffy hissed pointing at a nearby door.

“No, that’s the housekeeper’s room. Here’s better.” He said opening the nearby plantation shutter to reveal a small storage room.

The moment the door closer behind them, Mrs. Chase and Maria rounded the corner to find the hall empty.

The two teens stood quietly in the closet, holding their breaths until they were sure the women were gone.

“That was close.” Spike breathed taking a step closer to Buffy and wrapping his arms around her waist. “Now, where were we?”

He frowned when she pulled away from him.

“How did you know?” She asked.

“What?” He questioned.

“How did you know it was the housekeeper’s room?” She repeated.

“Well, um…” He paused for a second then blurted out. “Mrs. Chase asked about something being in ‘Maria’s’ room. I assumed Maria was the housekeeper a-and that they were going to her room.”

“There are at least three other door’s in this hall. How’d you know *that* one was the room?”

“I… Um… I-it was during Homecoming while I was looking for you and…”

“Spike, you were here before, weren’t you? Before homecoming?” Buffy questioned.

“No… I just-“

“Don’t lie to me.” She narrowed her eyes at him in the shadows of the room.

He let out a long sigh in defeat.

“Fine! Yes, I’ve been here before. Lots of times actually.” He mumbled as she stared wide eyed at him.



Chapter 38:


“How…? W-when?” Buffy hesitated as her mind quickly came up with a series of answers, none of which she liked too much. “Did you and Cordy…”

“What?! God, no!” He immediately denied shaking his head vehemently.

“Then…”

“It’s… um…” He looked at her before sighing audibly and blurting out: “ItutoredCordelia.”

“Huh?” That was definitely not the explanation she was expecting.

“I tutored Cordelia.” He repeated. “In English, last year.” He grumbled lowering his head.

“You tutored Cordy?”

“Yes.” He sighed heavily.

“You tutored someone?” She continued to question incredulous.

“Surprised, luv?”

“Very.” She nodded.

“We’ll she was kinda slipping and Mrs. Kennedy asked me to help her out. So, I ended up coming to here every Friday afternoon. That’s how come I know this house so well.” He explained.

“Wow.”

He rolled his eyes before pressing his fingers over the bridge of his nose.

“Why didn’t you tell anyone?” She asked still baffled by the revelation.

“What?! And let everyone label me as a geek? No way. It took too long to get my badass rep over here. I wasn’t about to lose it.” He shook his head as he walked around in small circles in the confined space. “Plus, Cordy wasn’t too keen on letting everyone know that she needed tutoring.”

There was a moment of pause in which Buffy looked like she was doing a slow-motion imitation of a fish out of water, opening and closing her mouth repeatedly.

“Actually, Oz and Red know about it too.” He said, trying to break the awkward silence.

At that Buffy looked up and frowned.

“It kinda slipped during Homecoming while you were…” He swallowed hard and decided to avoid the subject. “…gone.”

“You told them and didn’t tell me?!” A hint of disappointment was evident in her voice.

“I told you. I wasn’t planning on telling anyone at all. It just slipped.” He mumbled, leaning against the wall, opposite her.

“That’s how come everyone knew about the ‘speech’ but me, huh?”

“Sorry.” He said in a weak voice, tilting his head sideways.

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest in silence before uttering:

“H-how? You never pay attention in class in English. You’re always scribbling away in you notepad.”

“That’s cause most of what the teacher’s teaching I already know.” He replied smugly.

“Then what is it you are constantly writing?” She inquired with a half smile as she narrowed her eyes at him.

At that there was a renewed silence. Spike pulled at the black bowtie around his neck, loosening it a bit. He tried to hide his face as he stared down at the floor; the light coming through the shutters destroying his effort.

“Spike…?”

“It’s poetry, alright?” He replied a bit snippy, dropping his arms limply at his sides in defeat.

“Poetry?!”

“Yes.” He hissed while she closed the small distance between them. “I write poetry and Mrs. Kennedy helps me with it. So, there you have it, I’m a geek. Happy now?” He grumbled, daring to look up at her for the first time since they had started the conversation.

He felt his breath catch in his throat when she was suddenly pressed against him, her lips crushing into his for a demanding kiss. It took a few seconds for him to respond but, eventually, he did. His arms quickly wrapped around her, one hand buried itself in her hair as he opened his mouth to welcome her in. The two stumbled backwards and soon Buffy found herself pushed up against a wall with Spike leaning on her.

He gasped as her small hands reached for his shirt, hurriedly pulling it out of his pants before snaking fingers under it to run over his abdomen. It wasn’t long before those same fingers found their way down south, practically tearing the black sash of his tux as they reached for the waistband of his pants.

“What are you- Ah!” He mewled as her hand roughly cupped his erection through the black fabric.

She moved her palm up and down as her teeth attacked his earlobe.

“God, Buffy… wha…” He swallowed hard as her hand wormed into his pants to brush over the dark curls there. “Wha’ are you doing?” He managed to ask, resting forehead on the wall over her shoulder, squeezing his eyes shut, his teeth clenching and unclenching as he searched for control.

She never answered him, trailing harsh kisses up his neck to capture his lips. Her arms flew over his shoulders and before he could react, her legs were wrapped around his waist, her light blue dress hitched up over her thighs.

His mouth instinctively searched for the tender skin of her neck, lightly nibbling at it as she thrust her pelvis against his, causing him to let out a strangled cry.

“Buffy…” he gasped.

“I want you.” She breathed as her fingers wrapped themselves around his dishevelled curls and forced him to look up at her.

Without warning she smashed her mouth over his for another bruising and urgent kiss, while her hand dipped between their bodies against and slipped into his pants to encircle his cock once again.

“God…” Spike moaned as her small hand wrapped around his cock and began gliding up and down.

“I missed you.” She said between ragged breaths.

“I missed you so much.” He replied, his lips returning to its previous task as he placed a series of open-mouth kisses over her neck.

“I tried to get… ah!” She groaned as he reached the sensitive spot below her earlobe. “… get away from… t-the gallery…” She panted, while her hand continued to pump him. “… but the place was swamped… a-and…” She stopped in mid sentence when she felt him grab a hold of her wrist and pull her hand from between her bodies. She frowned and looked down at him.

“You keep that up and I’m not gonna last.” He answered her as he drew shallow and quick breaths from his lungs. He stared up at her for a few seconds before asking: “Are you sure you wanna…” He tilted his head downwards. “…here? Someone might…”

Another frown settled over her perfectly shaped eyebrows.

“Y-you don’t want me?” She choked.

“What?” He asked in disbelief.

“It’s just that…”

He ground his hips against her and growled in a low voice as he suggestively narrowed his eyes at her: “Does it feel like I don’t want you?”

She felt a flush take over he cheeks and shook her head.

“Just wanted to make sure you wanted…” He whispered in her ear. “Don’t want you working me up and then changing your mind, is all.”

“Since when do I do that?” She mocked in false indignation.

“Since always.” He replied simply as he continued to lick his way up and down her neck, making it hard for her to concentrate on the topic at hand.

“I…” gasps “…never did…” swallow “that.”

He immediately abandoned his ministrations to look up at her.

“What about that day in the cabin?” At her frown he continued. “The time I told you the truth about Andrew and Angel. Remember?” He continued in a high-pitched voice, mockingly trying to mimic hers: “No! Not now! Tonight. When they’re asleep.”

“They could have heard us.” She defended herself, adding a pout.

“They can bloody well hear us now too.” He contoured.

“Oh, come on. There is a party going on out there. No one will hear.” She argued.

“They will if you scream.”

“I won’t scream.”

“Are you doubting that I can make you scream?” He pulled his chest away from hers, while her legs stayed wrapped around his waist, and cupped her backside.

“No. I just won’t.” She explained rubbing herself against him and causing him to roll his eyes back in their sockets for a second.

“It’s not really your choice, now is it?” He asked in a deep, husky voice leaning closer to her. “Sometimes you just *have* to scream.” He said suggestively running his tongue over his lips.

“Ego much?” She asked raising a perfectly shaped eyebrow at him, but it quickly fell back into place as he thrust his pelvis into hers. “There’s loud music no one-“

“Stupid kids! Keep running around and bumping into people.”

Buffy and Spike froze as they heard Snyder’s familiar voice coming from the hall.

“I-I’m really sorry Mayor Wilkins. I didn’t mean to spill my drink on you.” He continued to babble. “It’s just that idiot Harris ran into me and-“

“It’s ok, Snyder.” Mayor Wilkins creepily peppy voice reached the teens in the closet. “Now, which door was it? Second door on the right or left?”

“I-I think Mrs. Chase said the bathroom was the second door on the left.”

Buffy stared wide eyed as the two men stopped in front of the shutters. Her eyes practically fell out of their sockets when she felt one of Spike’s hands abandon her hips to slither between their bodies. Her frightened gaze alternated frantically between Spike’s face and his hand. She swallowed hard when she heard the distinct metallic sound of a zipper sliding open.

“What are you doing?” She uttered soundlessly.

She froze when one finger brushed over her panties and pushed them to the side.

“No!” She mouthed trying to pull the intruding hand away without making any noise.

The sound of running water reached her ears and when she turned to look through the shutters she realised only one of the men remained in the hall – Mr. Snyder. Behind him, directly opposite to the plantation shutters, was an open door that revealed a bathroom. As the principal nervously walked in circles in the corridor, Buffy was able to spot that the mayor was inside the other room, leaning over the sink and struggling to clean his trousers.

Her attention flew back to Spike when she felt something hard press against her entrance.

“No!” She breathed, a mixture of fear and excitement rushing through her veins.

“No one will hear.” He whispered, leaning against the side of her face, his eyes closed as he ran his tongue over her ear.

“Wait, Spike…” She whispered.

“And you won’t scream, remember?” He asked in a husky voice before slowly thrusting his hips forward and entering her.

Buffy’s eyes flew open as she felt him sluggishly slip between her folds, stretching them. She held her breath, biting her lower lip with all her strength as she struggled to keep from moaning out his name, her nails digging into the padded shoulders of his tux.

He refused to enter her completely, pulling out and pushing in only the tip of his cock with excruciatingly slow movements.

“Spike they’re…” She trailed off for a moment when he lightly nibbled at her earlobe. God, she loved that! “T-they’re gonna… ah… hear.”

He let his face slide over her neck, his nose nuzzling against the soft skin as he reached her collarbone. In the meantime, his hips continued to move, slightly pushing forward, teasing her mercilessly as he pulled back out.

“Spike…” She breathed; her voice practically inaudible.

“I want you so much…” He silently growled in her hear, suddenly slamming into her.

“Ah!” She gasped, her mouth going wide, mimicking her eyes.

In the hall, Mr. Snyder came to a halt.

“What was that?” They heard Mr. Snyder ask.

“What was what?” The mayor questioned, not really interested as he continued to stare down at the stain on his pants.

Buffy felt her heart skip a beat and Spike froze inside her, his face still buried in the crook of her neck.

“I think I heard something.”

“It was probably just the music.” The mayor offered, rubbing a piece of wet toilet paper over the black fabric.

“No, it was-“

“Darn it!” Mayor Wilkins suddenly hissed, dropping the paper into the nearby waste bin. “Pesky little stain won’t come out!”

“Well, Mrs. Chase should be here any second with the stain remover. I’m sure it’ll come right off. Be good as new.” Mr. Snyder spoke in a fast pace, rubbing his hands together while the other man picked another piece of toilet paper and resumed his task.

Buffy’s eyes were still fixed on the two men in the corridor, when she felt Spike move inside her. Without warning he pulled out of her and pushed back in, causing her to bite back a moan as held her breath.

His hands cupped her ass, holding her up against the wall as he started to set a slow, steady rhythm. His mouth worked her neck, his tongue hungrily licking every inch of her exposed flesh as he drove in and out of her.

“We have to… stop… We-Oh! God! We need to…”

“Mr. Mayor, Mr. Mayor? Oh, here you are!” Mrs. Chase’s painfully squeaky voice pierced through Buffy’s blinding daze. “I thought I told you to use the bathroom in the office. It was closest. I’ve been looking for you all over the house. Now, let me see that nasty stain.”

With a foggy gaze Buffy turned to the left to see, through the shutters, Mrs. Chase spraying something on the Mayor’s trousers before rubbing it in.

“See Mayor Wilkins, I told you it would…”

Mr. Snyder’s eager whine seemed to fade into the background along with Etta James’ soulful voice as one of Spike’s hands abandoned the curve of her ass to slip between their bodies and find her clit. His thumb pressed small circles over it, while his pelvis continued to thrust into her at growingly faster and more urgent pace.

“Spike… don’t… Christ!” She hissed arching her neck, further exposing it to him.

But he had already focused on something else. In the midst of their hard grinding, the strings on one side of her dress had fallen over her shoulder, causing the blue fabric to skim down over her chest, partially exposing her pale breast. His mouth eagerly trailed down, his chin working to push the gown further until one perfectly erect nipple was peeking out. His lips immediately parted to take the small pebble between them, letting his tongue roll around it before pressing against it.

Buffy couldn’t take it anymore, the combination of having him kissing and nibbling at her nipple, one rough thumb brushing and massaging her swollen clit while he drove hard into her was just too much.

“That’s it luv! Come for me… Come for me…” He secretly coaxed, never abandoning her breast as he looked up to see her face contort in pleasure.

Her eyes were tightly shut, her eyebrows marred by a painful frown, her mouth closed, but her lips parted to reveal her clenched teeth as she fought her rapidly approaching orgasm.

“Well, I think the stain’s out.”

“Well Mrs. Chase, you are a miracle worker indeed.” Mayor Wilkins said with a plastic grin as he exited the bathroom. “We better hurry then, only five more minutes till midnight.”

“Oh, God, Spike.” She hissed, gasping over and over again, swallowing hard, gulping for air as she felt the pressure ready to explode inside of her.

“Please, Buffy… Come for me. Don’t fight it.” He begged her with soft whispers, finally leaving her breast to attack her mouth. “Fuck! I’m so close.” He mumbled between desperate kisses as his hand abandoned her clit and returned to cup her ass.

“Well, we better go back to the party then.” Snyder offered as they continued walking down the hall.

In the utility room, Spike pulled out of Buffy and suddenly rammed into her with all of his strength and that did it. She grabbed a fistful of his hair, trying to hold onto anything and screamed into his mouth as a powerful orgasm slammed into her.

Spike’s own moans mixed with hers inside their joined mouths when he felt her inner muscles spasm around his cock, clamping down and milking him as he came with her.

“What was that?” Mr. Snyder stopped dead in his tracks.

“What?” Mrs. Chase and the major asked in unison.

“That sound.” The bald man insisted.

“I don’t hear anything.”

“No. Just now. There was a-a… muffled sound… something.” He insisted.

“Snyder. I think you’re in need of a little more time away from the kids. You’re starting to hear things.” Mayor Wilkins said as he continued to walk toward the party.

“B-but…” Snyder stuttered after him.

In the closet, Buffy and Spike slumped against the wall together, ending up in a puddle of numb limbs on the floor.

“God! That was… God!” Buffy was the first to speak, between ragged pants.

“Christ, I missed you so much, Summers!” Spike mumbled against her hair, his eyes closed as he inhaled her scent.

“Summers? After what we just did, you’re back to calling me by my last name?” She teased.

“You’re amazing. You’re…” He struggled to find the words, but every single one that came to mind seemed cheap and puny compared to what he was feeling at that moment.

She smiled proudly, beads of sweat dripping down the side of her face as her fingers playfully twirled around his bleached curls.

“I missed you so much.” He finally said, after a moment of silence, looking up at her. “When I saw you at the house all I wanted to do was touch you…” He ran his finger over her shoulder and down her arm. “…feel you close to me, take in your scent…” He inhaled sharply against her cheek. “… kiss you.” He finally ended his sentence brushing his lips over hers. “You look beautiful tonight.”

“Just tonight?” She smiled.

The look on his face made her heart stop her a second, her stomach twist and her breath catch in her throat. The way he stared at her, the painful turmoil of emotions in his eyes frightened her for a split second. It was just so intense.

“Always.” He breathed. “There is no one else but you and if you don’t know that by now-“

She cut him off by placing two fingers over his mouth.

“I know.” She whispered, then leaned in and placed a single kiss on his lips.

They stared blindly at each other for a few moments, their fingers lazily tracing strange patterns over each other’s bodies.

“We better go.” Buffy broke the stillness. “My mom’s gonna be looking for me.”

Reluctantly, he nodded and was about to move when she exclaimed:

“Oh, wait! I’ve got something for you.” Without leaving his lap she reached for her small bag and opened it.

She took out a clumsily wrapped present from inside and handed it to him.

“What’s this for, pet?” He questioned with a frown as he took the gift.

“Merry Christmas!”

“I thought you had already given me a Christmas present.” He said suggestively as he started to unwrap the paper.

“This is extra.”

He opened it to reveal a pair of boxers with red hearts scattered over a dark blue background. A smile crept over his lips.

“Like it?” She asked.

“Love it.” He replied bringing her in for another kiss.

The music in the background came to a sudden halt to be replaced by a loud chorus:

“Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five…”

The two teens remained sitting on the floor, gazing at each other in the dark closet, the only light coming from the shutters.

“Four, three, two, one! Happy New Year!”

“Happy new year, pet!”

“Happy new year!” Buffy replied as his hand cupped her cheek and brought her in for a long kiss.

Chapter 39
“Miss Summers!” Mrs. Finch’s high-pitched voice bounced off the classroom walls.

“Sorry.” Buffy meekly apologized with her head bowed.

“I will not warn you and Miss Rosenberg again.” The history teacher threatened for the third time that day.

For the next ten minutes the two teens managed to keep quiet but soon Willow was nudging the blonde haired girl that sat next to her

“So, what happened next?” She asked with a sparkle in her eye, anxiously waiting for the rest of the story.

“Well, Mrs. Chase came into the hall…” Buffy continued telling the events on New Year’s Eve, leaning towards Willow while occasionally throwing a quick glance to check on the teacher. “And then…”

“Miss Summers!”

Both girls jolted in their seats, sitting up straight and staring terrified at the grey-haired woman.

‘I’m so busted.’ Buffy thought as she watched her history teacher adjust her glasses as she started reading the slip of paper she held in her hands.

“Well, Miss Summers I guess you get to skip my boring lecture after all. The new guidance counsellor wants to see you.” She explained glancing up from the paper to stare at girl in question.

“New guidance counsellor?” Buffy frowned looking at Willow for some kind of explanation, but found none.

“Come on Miss Summers! I don’t have all day.” Mrs. Finch exclaimed turning to the black board.

Awkwardly, Buffy picked up her things, quickly shoving them into her backpack before leaving the classroom.

~+~

With a powerful sigh and the same frown still marring her eyebrows she knocked on the door.

“Come in.” she heard someone answer.

“You wanted to see me?” Buffy asked entering the room.

Behind the desk sat a brow-haired woman, with pale skin and a nice plastic smile plastered on her red lips.

“You must be Buffy.” She spoke, standing up and shaking the teen’s hand over the desk. “I’m Halfrek Addams your new guidance counsellor.” At Buffy’s frown she added with a sigh: “I know, Halfrek... bad huh? Let’s just say my parents had very… *original* ideas. Just call me Hallie!”

“Hey!” Buffy greeted awkwardly as she took her seat, mimicking the motions of the woman standing across from her. “A-Am I in trouble?” She asked after a few moments of nerve-racking silence

The only answer she got was a light giggle from the brown-haired woman.

“No, you’re not in trouble. I’m just trying to meet all of you guys, since I’m new around here. You know, get to know you better, so I can help you out.” She explained after a while.

“Oh!” Buffy replied, lightly nodding as she allowed her body to relax into the chair.

“So…” Hallie started as she looked at the file she held in her hands. “Buffy Anne Summers.” She read, then, putting down the papers she looked up at the girl sitting in front of her. “What do you want out of life?”

“E-Excuse me?” Buffy questioned a bit startled.

“What do you want to do? What are you goals? Your passions? What drives you?” The woman continued to inquire, enthusiastically waving her hand in the air.

Buffy’s eyes widened at the roll of questions thrown her way.

“W-Well, I-I don’t really know yet.” She stuttered.

“You’re a senior, right?” Hallie asked picking up the file and burying her dark brown eyes in the papers once more.

“Yes.”

“Well, you should have some idea of what you want, right?”

“Not exactly.” Buffy replied a bit nervous.

There was a moment of paused in which the Hallie sighed audibly before putting down the file and closing it.

“I see that you aren’t involved in any extra-curricular activities.” She started. “No sports, no clubs, no groups.”

“Not really into those things.” Buffy tried to explain raising the corner of her mouth as she shrugged and melted into the chair.

“What are you into, Buffy?” Hallie asked with a pseudo-compassionate smile.

“I don’t really know.”

“Have you ever wondered if the reason you don’t know what you like is because you have never really been involved in anything? You have never tried any sport, or any other sort of activity. Maybe, if you tried, you would find that you actually like some these things.” Hallie argued.

“Makes sense.” Buffy spoke meekly.

“It does, doesn’t it?” Another bubble-gum smile was thrown Buffy’s way. “What about…” Hallie stood up, picking up another large file from the stand next to her desk and started looking though it. “… Chess club?”

“No!” Buffy immediately sat up straight in her chair, shaking her head. “I-I mean, I don’t know how to play.”

“Oh! Well, then… what about… Cheerleading?”

Buffy frozen as suddenly the image of herself in one of Cordelia’s skimpy cheerleading outfits invaded her mind.

“Nooo, thank you.” She replied.

“Why not?”

“Just not a football fan. Don’t think I have what it takes.” Buffy explained as she silently prayed for the guidance counsellor to change her mind.

“Ok then…” She flipped through a couple more pages, suggesting a series of other activities that just made Buffy want to hurl. “I guess the only choice left then is theatre.”

“Theatre?”

“Yes! Like drama class?”

“I-I can’t act.”

“Nonsense. Of course you can!” Hallie said with a dismissive wave of her hand as she leaned on the desk, standing in front of Buffy.

“B-But…”

“Oh, it would be a perfect way of going through all that pent up teenage frustration… pouring your heart and soul into your role.” Hallie continued clapping her hands enthusiastically.

“I don’t have any pent up frustration.” Buffy piped up, but the brown-haired woman would have none of it.

“Of course you do! You’re a teenager!”

“No, I-“

“That settles it then! You’ll be auditioning for the next play. And you’re just in time actually. Auditions start today, after school. Isn’t that great?”

“Yippie!” Buffy muttered to herself, shrinking into her seat.

~+~

“Hey, Wills, Xander.” Buffy greeted dragging her feet to the table and dropping her tray on it.

“That’s the way to face the New Year - wrinkled forehead and deep pensive sighs.” Xander piped up sarcastically.

“What happened? You in trouble?” Willow asked, clearly concerned.

“No.” Buffy replied shovelling her food around in her plate.

“Heard you got a free trip to the guidance counsellor today.” Xander said as he glanced over Buffy’s shoulder to find Spike coming towards them. “Hey, bleach-man!” He greeted as the boy took his seat, giving Buffy a quick peck before replying:

“Hey, whelp.” Turning to Willow he added with a slight nod: “Red.” His attentions went back to the girl sitting next to him. “What’s wrong, luv?” He asked running, his hand over the small of her back.

“She got called to the guidance office.” Willow replied in a low voice.

“Got the play too, huh?”

Everyone at the table turned to see Oz setting his tray next to Willow’s, Cordelia trailing right behind him.

“You got tagged too?” Buffy inquired with a little more life in her voice as she looked up from her plate for the first time since sitting down.

“Yep. Not enough commitment to school life.” Oz continued, after giving Willow a kiss.

At that Buffy sighed audibly and returned her attentions to her food.

“Would be nice if someone explained what’s going on.” Xander exclaimed with a goofy grin.

“Oz and Buffy are one of the few chosen ones to be in the new school play.” Cordelia explained, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

“You’re gonna be in a play?” Spike asked frowning at Buffy.

“The new guidance counsellor said I don’t get involved in extra-curricular activities enough and that I should open my mind to new experiences, so I can discover my inner self and what I *need* to be happy in life.” Buffy mumbled, dropping her fork and leaning back into her seat.

“Same speech with me.” Oz said.

“You like theatre?” Spike questioned still a bit thrown.

“No. But it was either that or cheerleading.” Buffy sighed, crossing her arms over her chest and pouting.

“And you chose theatre?”

The blonde girl nodded, twisting her mouth in disgust.

“I don’t know. I might have liked seeing you in those nasty, tight, little outfits.” Spike said with a smirk, suggestively running his tongue over his teeth as he tilted his head towards her.

“Yeah! Me in nasty, tight, *little* outfits cheering for *Angel*.” Buffy replied with a plastic smile.

At that Spike’s smug grin crumbled and was replaced with a deep frown.

“I guess you’re right. I always thought you’d be great in… what play is it?”

“Romeo and Juliet.” Buffy spat.

“Yeah. You’d make a great Juliet.” He smiled before nuzzling against the crook of her neck.

“I’m not auditioning for Juliet. I’m reading for the Nurse.” Buffy explained.

“Even better.”

“That’s what you get for having no school spirit.” Cordelia said smugly. “I can’t wait to see Oz in those pathetic costumes. Thank God I actually have a social life around here. I don’t have to be subjected to that sort of public humiliation.” Her chuckle was cut short when she felt a hand over her shoulder.

“You’re Cordelia Chase?”

The cheerleader turned to face a dark-haired woman standing next to her.

“Yes.”

“Hi. I’m Hallie Addams. I’m your new guidance counsellor.”

Cordelia remained silent as she waited for the woman to continue.

“Could you please come by my office after lunch? I really need to speak to you.” And with a smile she left the room.

In horror, Cordelia turned to see the gang looking back at her, a vengeful smirk on Buffy’s face.

~+~

“Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake.” Cordelia mumbled unenthusiastically as she rolled her eyes.

“Ow, you just managed to sound more monotonic than Oz!” Xander noted.

“I hate this.” Buffy piped up, plopping down on the stage, her legs dangling off it.

“Come on girls, I’m here for support.” The brown-haired boy exclaimed with a wide grin. “I’ll help you guys with the lines and all.”

“I already know all the lines by heart.” Buffy mumbled, letting the papers drop to the floor.

“Yeah, but not all of us developed a freakish crush on Leonardo DiCaprio when Romeo and Juliet came out.” Cordy grumbled as she continued to go through the text. “Then have my lips the sin that they have took. God! Can this get any more complicated?” She finally let a frustrated sigh in defeat as she joined Buffy on the stage. “Where is this drama teacher anyway?”

“Oh! Sorry I’m late!” A breathless voice was heard right before a heaving woman entered the room.

“Miss Addams?” Cordy exclaimed.

“Should have guessed.” Buffy grumbled.

“I got caught up talking to one of your classmates and guess what? He seems to have a secret passion for theatre just like all of you.” She babbled with a huge grin as she adjusted her hair. “Meet our newest cast member!” She announced turning around but was surprised when she failed to find anyone behind her. Turning back to the group of students on stage she threw them a quick smile before leaving. “Just a second!”

“Probably another one conveniently diagnosed as a social outcast.” Oz finally spoke.

“Why do I get the feeling that this whole problem about us not getting involved in school activities is directly connected with the fact that Miss Addams is directing a play in a school where everyone hates theatre?” Buffy asked rhetorically, narrowing her eyes.

“I don’t know why *I* have to be here. I’m not socially handicapped like the rest of you guys!” Cordelia noted then, seeing the look on everyone’s face, she added: “What?”

“Gotta love her total lack of a clue!” Xander said with a smile as Buffy rolled her eyes.

“You probably got picked to draw in the crowd. Otherwise, I doubt it anyone would voluntarily come to see the impending disaster that is this play.” The blonde explained.

“There you are! No need to be shy!” Miss Addams said as she returned to the room, pulling someone with her.

“Angel?” Buffy exclaimed as she saw the star quarterback being dragged onto the stage.

“Guess we needed more star quality to draw in the crowd.” Xander said under his breath.

~+~

Hallie Addams pressed her fingers against the bridge of her nose as she listened to the pathetic dialogue being played out in front of her.

“I take thee at thy word / Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized / Henceforth I never will be Romeo.” Angel said dramatically waving his hands in the air.

“What man art thou that thus be…be…” Cordy stuttered as she struggled with the word.

“Bescreen’d.” Oz whispered from behind the curtains.

“Bescreen'd in night” Cordelia managed to blurt out, her eyes glancing up at the quarterback as she continued: “So stumblest on my counsel?”

“By a name / I know not how to tell thee who I am / My name, dear saint, is hateful to myself, / Because it is an enemy to thee; / Had I it written, I would tear the word.” Angel overacted.

“My ears have not yet drunk a hundred words / Of that tongue’s utterance, yet I know the sound… um…” Cordy panicked as she tried to recall the next line. Throwing a glance at the sheet she held in her hands, she squinted to read: “Ah” She said triumphantly as she remembered: “Art thou not Romeo and a Montague?”

“God, Shakespeare must be rolling around in his grave.” Miss Addams mumbled before taking a long breath: “That’s great, you guys! I think that’s enough.” She said with a weak smile.

“Are you sure? Cause I can-“

Angel’s rambling was quickly cut short: “No-no! No need to go on. I got it! Great job!”

The two teens quickly jumped off stage.

“That wasn’t that bad.” Cordy said with a wide smile.

“No, not bad.” Xander apparently agreed. “It was more bordering on refined torture.

“Hey!” Cordy protested, swatting him across the chest.

“Ouch! Honey, you gotta admit, you’re no Laurence Olivier.” Xander insisted.

“I’m not a man!” Cordy protested, crossing her arms over her chest.

After a few seconds the cheerleader mumbled:

“Was it *that* horrible?”

“Painful, *very* painful!”

Cordy’s gaze went from her boyfriend to the shorter boy now sitting next to him, waiting for his opinion.

“It was… um… unique?” Oz offered.

“Ok, so it sucked.” The brown-haired girl grumbled, plopping down on a chair and crossing her arms over her chest.

“Oh! Buffy’s on now!” Xander piped up as he glanced at the stage.

The petite blonde seemed even more minuscule standing alone on the large wooden surface. She cleared her voice and squinted as the lights hit her eyes.

“Um… I-I’m gonna read for the role of the Nurse.”

“Ok!” Miss Addams agreed with absolutely no hope in her voice as she kept massaging her temples. ‘This is going to be a disaster! Why did I choose to be a teacher? Why? Why!?” She asked herself over and over again. “What scene are you reading?”

“Scene three from act one.” Buffy piped up.

“Ok…” She turned around and glanced at the audience and pointed: “You and… you!”

“Me!” Xander and Oz asked in unison.

“Yes. You read Juliet and you read Lady Capulet.”

“B-but I’m not auditioning.” Xander noted nervously.

“I just want you to read so she can say her lines.” Hallie explained.

“Oh, ok!”

Miss Addams let out a sigh as Xander started reading Lady Capulet’s lines and Buffy replied. A minute into the scene her tired eyes shot open.

“Wow, someone who actually *knows* the lines.” She thought.

“Even or odd, of all days in the year, / Come Lammas-eve at night shall she be fourteen. / Susan and she--God rest all Christian souls!-- / Were of an age: well, Susan is with God; / She was too good for me: but, as I said, / On Lammas-eve at night shall she be fourteen;” Buffy spoke loud and clear as the movie she had watched a hundred times, during her early teens, played out in front of her eyes. “That shall she, marry; I remember it well. / 'Tis since the earthquake now-“

“That’s enough.” Miss Addams’ voice snapped Buffy out of her semi-trance. “How do you know all the lines?” She asked a bit curious.

“I guess I watched the movie one too many times?” Buffy offered.

Miss Addams didn’t say a word; merely nodded, signalling that Buffy could step down.

~+~

“Wow! That was amazing!” Xander exclaimed as they exited the theatre room.

“You think so?” Buffy asked with a goofy grin on her face.

“Absolutely!” Xander insisted, earning a deadly glare from his girlfriend.

“Very Shakespearian.” Oz noted.

“Thanks guys. I don’t know what got into me. I just went up there and it just… clicked, you know?” Buffy spoke flushed.

“I guess you’re a natural.” Cordy huffed in defeat.

“Thanks, Cordy. Do you guys know when the list of the cast is posted?”

“I don’t know. Probably tomorrow.” Xander offered, shrugging.

~+~

The day seemed to drag on forever and so did the night. Buffy practically jumped out of bed when the alarm clock finally rang.

“Honey, you better- You’re up!” Mrs. Summers noted a bit surprised when she found her daughter fully dressed and ready to go.

“Morning, mom! I gotta go!” She blew her mother a kiss and was out the door in a flash.

~+~

“Hey!” Buffy greeted with a wide grin, throwing her arms around Spike and giving her boyfriend a quick peck on the lips.

“Hey, yourself!” He replied startled. “What’s with the peppiness?”

“Hey, Willow, Xander!” She continued spreading her uncanny good mood.

“Ok, who are you and what have you done with my girlfriend?” Spike asked with a suspecting frown.

“What? Can’t a person be in a good mood?” She questioned back, flashing him a smile as she walked down the hall.

She came to a halt when she turned the corner and saw the small crowd gathering in front of large board.

“The list of the cast for the play is posted today.” Willow explained.

“I thought you hated having to be in the play.” Spike continued surprised.

“Ha, but apparently our little Buffy here has a secret natural talent!” Xander replied, serving to further confuse the bleached teen.

As the conversation continued Buffy remained frozen in place, her stare fixed on the board, while her heart slammed against her chest.

“Well, pet? Aren’t you going to go check the list?” Spike finally asked, running his hand over her back. “I’m sure you got the part.”

“I-I’m going.” She stuttered as she took a step towards it. She glanced at Willow, then Xander and finally her eyes landed on Spike who gave her a reassuring wink. With a long intake of breath, she made her way to the board.

Her eyes scanned the list for a few seconds. Spike felt his heart sink when he saw the distraught look on her face.

“Look, luv, it’s just a play…” He started.

“I-I know.” Buffy mumbled as she walked back to the gang.

“So, who got the part?” Willow dared to ask.

“Cordelia.” Buffy muttered, her eyed never leaving the floor.

“She’s playing the Nurse? Then who’s playing Juliet?” Willow questioned with a frown.

But Buffy didn’t’ even care as her best friend turned to check the small piece of paper. She was snapped out of her pathetic pouting by the redhead’s loud, piercing scream.

“Ahhhh! You-You got it!” She shouted pointing hysterically at Buffy.

“Willow?” Xander whispered a bit concerned.

“You got it! You-you, you’re Juliet!” She finally managed to explain.

“What?” Buffy exclaimed.

“You got the part of Juliet!” Willow repeated.

“You’re kidding!” Buffy refused to believe, making her way through the small crowd to reach the board again. Her eyes widened when she read her name. “Ahhhh!” it was her turn to scream as she ran and threw her arms around Spike for a suffocating hug. “I-I got the leading role! Ohmygod, ohmygod!”

“Ahhh!” Willow’s new yell snapped the two lovers apart.

“Willow, you should really consider therapy to deal with your hysteria attacks.” Xander mumbled as he rubbed his ear.

“You’re in the play!” She shouted.

“Huh? I didn’t audition.” Xander explained.

“Well, you’re playing Lady Capulet.” Willow insisted, tapping the glass as the brown-haired teen came closer.

“What? No! I don’t-I… I can’t act!” He stuttered. “And I’m playing a *woman*?”

Buffy and Willow giggled at the desperation on the teen’s face. Spike, on the other hand, didn’t join in on the celebrations as his eyes scanned over the rest of the list. He felt his stomach twist painfully when he read: Romeo --à Angel O’Neill.