Chapter 49


“Anyway…” Cordelia huffed. “I’m actually glad I got to play the Nurse. Juliet is just *so* dull and annoying. Such a spoiled brat, so not me. I just wouldn’t be able to bring realism to that character.” Cordy explained as she sipped from her glass.

“Thanks, Cordy.” Buffy replied sarcastically with a roll of her eyes.

“What?” The cheerleader questioned raising an eyebrow when everyone at the table seemed to be shaking their heads.

“So…” Giles, ever the diplomat, tried to change the subject: “The play seems to be back on track?”

“Yeah, Miss Addams was back last week and rehearsal started where we had left off.” Xander informed as he helped himself to another piece of cake when he suddenly received a sharp slap across his outstretched arm.

He frowned and glanced up at Cordy before quickly withdrawing his offending hand.

“Xander…” she scolded between clenched teeth. “You keep eating like that you’re not going to fit into your tuxedo for the prom.”

“Oh, come on Cordelia. Let the boy eat. He’s starving.” Joyce stepped in picking up the teen’s plate and serving him a large piece of the birthday cake.

The brunette didn’t reply simply gave her boyfriend a disgusted glance as she watched him shovelled the food into his mouth.

“It’s gonna be a bit complicated with Spring break in the middle but Miss Addams thinks it won’t be a problem as long as we come back refreshed and ready for some major practicing.” Buffy spoke up while she twirled the spoon in her hand.

She was leaning partially against Spike’s chest and she smiled inwardly when she felt him tighten his grip over her shoulder. A wave of peace washed over her. This was exactly how she wanted it - a perfect birthday with her friends and family and no impending disasters. She was just sorry to see it come to an end.

A comfortable silence filled the room; the only thing breaking it was the soft blues coming from the stereo until Joyce brought her hands together and stood up.

“I better get these dishes into the kitchen.” Turning to Giles she added: “Could you help me?”

“We’ll do it.” Willow quickly offered about to stand when Mrs. Summers’ hand on her shoulder halted her.

“No, don’t be silly. You kids stay here. The oldies are going to worry about the dish-washing.” The older woman assured her as she walked out of the room, hands filled with plates and glasses.

Giles quickly trailed after her taking with him the rest of the dishes.

“So…” Willow started: “What are you guys doing for the Spring break?” She asked overenthusiastically, her eyes sparkling.

“Oh, shut up already! We all know that you and shorty here are going on a road trip up to San Francisco.” Cordelia grumbled tilting her head towards Oz. She was tired of having to hear the redhead go on and on about the trip.

“I still can’t believe your mom let you.” Buffy said, a hint of envy slipping into her voice.

“Yeah, a whole week, just the two of you.” Spike joined in the melancholic tone.

“Arg!” Cordy exhaled sharply, letting her head drop in frustration. “The horror of being apart during one whole week.” She mocked and then added: “It’s just a stupid week, I’m sure you two aren’t going to die over it.

Buffy ignored the cheerleader’s mockery and nuzzled her face into Spike’s chest.

“Your father still set on having you visit the family in London, huh?” Oz spoke up.

Spike nodded with a painful look on his face.

“I don’t know why you guys can’t go during the summer.” Buffy grumbled. “My mom has some vacation time coming and we’d be able to go with you.” She ended her statement with a pout.

“It’s not my fault your mom has to work during Spring break. You could come.” He offered.

At that Buffy immediately pulled away shaking her head vehemently.

“Oh, no! I’m not going to face ‘the family’ alone.”

“You make us sound like the mafia.” Spike defended himself.

Willow giggled at that. The two blondes didn’t seem to be able to stop fighting… ever.

“Well, we better get going.” Cordelia suddenly said, but not before faking a long yawn.

Xander shook his head at his girlfriend’s lack of tact. ‘She’s definitely the world’s worst actress., he thought, glancing at his watch and realised that she was actually right.

“Yeah, we better go. It’s pretty late.”

“I think we’ll go too. You know, school and all tomorrow.” Willow said standing from the table.

Buffy pouted a bit but as she looked at the clock it read twelve thirty.

“Let’s just go say goodbye to your mom.” Xander offered.

The six teens walked over to the kitchen, Buffy and Spike leading the committee.

“Oh, God! Mom!”

“Da!”

The two blondes shouted in unison when they walked in to find the older couple in the middle of some major lip-locking action.

“That’s disgusting!” Buffy spat, twisting her facial muscles in revulsion.

“God, the image is burned in my retina. Great, I won’t be able to sleep tonight.” Spike grumbled as Joyce and Giles awkwardly pulled away from each other.

“Kids! What are you doing here?” Mrs. Summers blurted out before she had a chance to realise just how stupid the question was.

“We just came to say goodbye. We’re leaving.” Xander bravely spoke up.

“Oh, right, right.” Giles said nervously as he straightened his shirt. “We should be going too, William. After all it is a school night.”

A collective snicker came from the group of friends at the sound of Spike’s real name and Xander actually whispered mockingly:

“William…”

The Brit narrowed his eyes at his friend but ignored him as they walked into the hallway.

“Well, it was nice having you all here.” Joyce thanked, a flush still reddening her cheeks.

“Thanks, Mrs. Summers. Dinner was wonderful.” Turning to Buffy, Willow continued: “Happy birthday, Buffy.”

“Thanks, Wills.”

“Goodbye, Buffy. Hope you liked the present.” Oz uttered monotonically but with a small smile.

“It was great, thanks Oz.”

“Bye. See you tomorrow, Buffster.” Xander said giving her a bear-hug before crossing the threshold.

“Bye.” Cordy quickly waved and followed her boyfriend.

Buffy watched as the group disbanded. Out of the corner of her eyes she saw Giles giving Joyce a quick peck on the lips as they said goodbye.

“So, pet, was it everything you wanted?” Spike’s voice snapped her out of her daze.

“And more.” She smiled giving him a kiss.

“See you tomorrow.” He said as he turned to Joyce. “Thanks for dinner.”

“You’re welcome.” Mrs. Summers smiled.

Mother and daughter stood on the porch as they watched their guests leave. Joyce furrowed her brow when she heard Buffy sigh deeply.

“You ok, honey?”

“Yeah…” She whispered staring at the quickly disappearing pair as she hugged herself; a content smile on her lips. “I’m great.”

~+~

Buffy nervously tapped her fork on her tray as she scanned the room for the one-hundredth time. The cafeteria was packed, or maybe it just seemed that way. A week of Spring break makes a room filled with teenagers seem very crowded.

“What’s up with the Buffster?” Xander asked Willow when he failed to get an answer from the blonde girl.

“Looking for Spike.” The redhead replied shrugging.

His name seemed to snap her out of her search and she glanced back at her friends.

“Don’t you and Spike have English together on Mondays?” Xander asked raising a curious eyebrow.

“Spike’s plane only arrived about two hours ago.” Buffy replied glancing at her watch.

“So the Brit’s coming back from the Homeland, huh?”

Buffy was about to answer his question when a flash of white hair appeared from between the sea of teenagers blocking the entrance to the cafeteria. The petite blonde practically jumped in her seat as she strained to catch another glimpse of him. One week, one whole week without seeing him was just too much.

She held her breath when she saw him push through the crowd and scurry towards the familiar table.

Spike inhaled sharply when he finally saw her sitting there. She was more beautiful than ever. God, he’d missed her.

“Hey!” He gasped, a bit out of breath from the jog as he quickly took his seat next to Buffy.

He never gave her a chance to reply as his arm quickly wormed itself around her waist and pulled her in for a demanding kiss.

Buffy’s small fingers curled themselves into the lapels of his coat as they kissed.

The hard sound of people clearing their throats brought them back to reality and they were forced to break away.

“Two seconds in the same room and they’re already into the tonsil cleaning.” Cordy sighed as she dropped her tray next to Xander’s.

“Hey, guys.” Spike breathed, his eyes never leaving Buffy’s as his hand silently slipped under the hem of her shirt to caress her stomach.

“Spike. Man it’s nice to be acknowledged.” Xander said sarcastically as the two blondes continued to stare at each other.

There was an awkward silence as the tension between the two became evident.

“So…” Xander started. “How’s the Homeland? The Royal family? Prince Charles?”

“Still there and still snogging Camilla Parker-Bowles.” He replied uninterested. “You wanna…?” He asked Buffy as he tilted his head towards the door.

She immediately nodded and the two stood up, quickly making their way out of the cafeteria.

The remaining teens that sat around the table just looked at each other.

~+~

Buffy gasped for breath when she felt her back being slammed against the row of lockers. His mouth immediately assaulted hers; his eager hands quickly trailing down her lower back to cup her behind forcing her to press her pelvis against his.

“Mmm…” Buffy moaned into his mouth as she tried to speak while her fingers erratically gripped the back of his neck, worming themselves into his now dishevelled locks.

“Missed you…” moan “So… bloody much.” He growled abandoning her lips to nibble at the tender flesh of her neck, his hand hooking itself under her thigh and bringing it against his hip in a desperate attempt to feel her closer.

Buffy was about to jump up and wrap her legs around his waist when the sharp sound of high-heel footsteps broke their daze. Amazingly, they were able to pull apart just as Miss Addams turned the corner into the hall they were in.

“Ah, Mr. Giles! Just the person I was looking for.” The young counsellor said brightly, ignoring the evident flush that marred the two teenager’s faces.

Still a bit stunned from Buffy’s touch he blinked a couple of times and cleared his throat before speaking:

“Yeah?”

“I’d like to see you in my office, please.” She replied with her usual artificial grin.

“Now?” The desperation was evident as his glance alternated between his reddened girlfriend and the teacher.

“Yes, now.” She spoke briskly as she hocked her arm around Spike’s and dragged him away from Buffy. “I’ve been meaning to talk to you for some time now.” She stopped in mid-stride and turned to glance at Buffy over her shoulder. “Miss Summers I’ll be expecting you at the theatre after school for rehearsal.”

And with that she left, taking Spike with her and leaving a frowning Buffy in the deserted hall.

~+~

The front door swung open to let a hurried Buffy race up the stairs.

“Buffy? Is that you?” Mrs. Summers called from the kitchen.

“Yeah, mom. I’ll be in my room.” Buffy shouted back as she took the stairs two steps at a time.

She plopped down on her bed and immediately reached for the phone. Dialling the now familiar number, she waited.

“Hello?” A low voice answered from the other side of the line.

“Hey, it’s me.” She replied quickly.

“Hey, luv. You home from rehearsal?” Spike asked.

“Yeah.” Buffy paused a bit, catching her breath before asking: “What did Miss Addams want to talk to me about?”

“Hum… nothing.” He lied unconvincingly.

“Spike…” Buffy warned him.

“Let’s just say I’m the most recent victim of the ‘too little extra-curricular activities’ excuse to torture unsuspecting teenagers.” He grumbled.

He pressed his fingers against the bridge of his nose when he heard her suppress a giggle.

“What’d she have you do?” She finally enquired.

“Not saying.”

“Oh, come on. Can’t be that bad. Is it something to do with the play?” She asked eagerly as she pictured the various opportunities they’d have to spend time together if it were true.

“Wish. But no. It’s worse. A lot worse.” He mumbled.

It was clear that he didn’t want to talk about it but she pushed the subject.

“Come on, tell me.” She practically begged as she played with the cord of her phone.

There was a moment of pause before he blurted out:

“I’m on the bloody Prom Committee.”

“What?!” She asked chuckling a bit.

“Don’t laugh.”

“You’re on the Prom Committee. You’re going to organise the Prom?” She questioned surprised.

“Yeah.” He groaned almost imperceptibly.

“You’re joking, right?”

“Do I bloody well sound like I’m joking?” He growled.

“So you’re going to work on the decoration and the theme and all?”

“Yeah. Can we change the subject now?” He grumbled.

“No. This is just too funny.” She smiled into the phone.

“Funny, huh? Know what’s funny? Guess what weekdays the Committee gets together.”

“I dunno.” Buffy frowned, not know where he was going with it.

“Tuesdays and Thursdays aka the only weekdays you don’t have those stupid rehearsals.”

“Oh!” Buffy sighed. “Well, we still have weekends.”

“And that’s where the bonus comes in. We also meet on Saturdays.”

“What?!”

“And the only reason we’re not meeting on Sundays is cause I threatened to beat Jonathan to a bloody pulp if he even suggested that to Miss Addams.” Spike explained.

“Jonathan’s on the Committee again?”

“Yeah, guess who’s president.” He never gave her a chance to reply. “Andrew.”

Spike groaned again when he heard her giggle once again from the other side of the line.

~+~

The days raced by and contrary to what would have been expected with the quickly approaching summer they seemed to grow shorter and not longer. There was just too much work and too little time. Between school, rehearsal and Committee meetings Buffy and Spike barely saw each other, the only exceptions were when Mrs Summers would invite Giles and Spike over to dinner and even then they had little or no time alone.

Buffy pressed the tips of her fingers against her temples as she sat on the first row. She didn’t even bother to look up as Cordelia painfully delivered her lines to a struggling Xander, as he pulled and pushed at his clothes.

“I can’t do this. This dress is too tight.” Xander suddenly protested.

“That’s cause you’re eating like a pig.” Cordy shot.

“I’m not. These clothes shrunk.” The boy protested as he desperately tried to adjust the fabric around his stomach.

“You eat like a…“

The sharp sound of Cordelia’s voice seemed to drift into nothingness as Buffy slowly dozed off.

“Miss Summers!”

Buffy was snapped out of her haze as two fingers were snapped in front of her face.

“If you don’t mind, I would prefer it if you didn’t drift off into lala land during rehearsals.”

“Oh, sorry.” Buffy quickly sat up in her seat, pushing her hair behind her ears. “I was just-”

But she wasn’t able to finish her sentence as she was cut off by a loud clapping sound coming from Miss Addams, who had already made her way up on stage:

“People, people. At this rate we’ll never be ready on time. I mean, what do I have to do to get your full attention. Concentrate, concentrate.” She clapped her hands energetically once more. “I want stamina, stamina! Now! And you” She suddenly pointed at the boy who was working the lighting. “Those lights are too strong. Do you want my actors to faint from dehydration in the middle of their lines?” The boy shook his head vehemently. “No, I didn’t think so. Bring them down a notch.” She waited for the teen to oblige and then added: “That’s better. Good. Now, let’s start from the top.”

A collective groan echoed through the room.

“What?” Miss Addams asked angrily.

No one dared to speak up.

“Good. Oh and Xander. Lay off the chocolate. You get any chubbier we are going to get you into a corset.”

The brunette’s eye widened in fear.

“Now. Start over. Miss Summers, it’s your queue.”

Buffy groaned, pushing herself off the seat and hopped onto the stage.

~+~

He rested his elbows over his thighs and dropped his head to his hands. This was torture at its most painful. Why did they now have to meet on Fridays too?

Two hours had gone by and the group of nerds were still dwelling on what would be the official colour of banners that were to adorn the halls.

“Blue is so much better. Blue like the sea.” A shy, freckled girl offered as she adjusted her glasses.

“No, yellow is *so* much cooler.” Jonathan insisted. “Yellow, sun, summer. It’s perfect.”

Noting that Spike had been quiet all afternoon Andrew asked nervously:

“What do you think, Spike?”

The bleached teen pressed the heels of his hands against his closed eyelids before looking up and letting out a sigh.

“Wha’?”

“The colour for the banner.”

“I don’t know. Black?” He said shrugging.

His offer was met by a collective shaking of heads.

“Black? It’s not a funeral, it’s the prom.” Kathy spat arrogantly.

Spike glared at the girl. She was probably the most aggravating member of the Committee. Ever since she had made some snotty comment about Buffy he had instantly come to dislike her. And if that wasn’t enough, she seemed to be obsessed with cleanliness. She had this fixation with organising and labelling everything perfectly that just got on his nerves. She just tried too hard to be nice and pleasant. It was disconcerting. And plus, she was just *too* peppy.

“Ha, Spike is so funny.” Andrew said nervously as he tried to relieve the tension. “S-so we’ll just go for a vote between blue and yellow.”

“Oh, for fuck’s sake. You’ve voted on it already. It was tie remember?” Spike growled.

Everyone in the room froze.

“Fine. What was the choice?” He sighed.

After a moment of pause Jonathan piped up:

“Y-yellow or blue.”

“Fine. I vote blue. Done. Next.” Spike tried to speed up the process.

“Blue it is.” Andrew smiled anxiously as he scribbled something down on his pad. “Next order of business… the font colour on the banner. Any suggestions?” The blonde asked scanning the group.

Spike simply rolled his eyes and let his head drop once again. This was going to be one of the longer meetings.

~+~

Buffy dragged her feet as she arrived home.

“Hello, honey.” Mrs Summers greeted her from the kitchen. “How was rehearsal? You look tired.”

“Hey.” She mumbled back as she took a seat around the isle. “Miss Addams is intent on killing us. I’m sure. It’s all just an elaborate scheme.”

“Well, I left the gallery late and I didn’t have the chance to buy anything so you’ll be happy to know that we are going to have pizza for dinner.” Joyce smiled when she saw a small sparkle in her daughter’s eyes.

“That’s great mom.” Buffy replied weakly. “I’m gonna go take a shower.”

“Ok, sweetie.”

~+~

Hobbling her way into her room Buffy let her soaked, towel-wrapped body drop onto the soft mattress. She closed her eyes and sighed deeply when the phone rang. She refused to move and simply outstretched her arm, picking up the receiver and bringing it to her ear.

“Hello?” She mumbled.

“Hello, luv.”

A tired smile eased its way onto her lips at the sound of his voice. God, how she missed it. The only chances she got to see him were occasional encounters in the hall or during English class which left a lot to be desired.

“You’re home already?” Spike asked.

“Just got in and had a shower.” She replied.

“How was rehearsal?”

“Inhuman torture.” She said simply. “You?”

“Same. But there are good news. We have already decided on the colours for the banners. Background blue, letters yellow. We postponed the decision on which font to use for the next meeting.” He grumbled sarcastically.

“Poor baby.” Buffy offered sympathetically.

“You tired?”

“Dying.”

There was a moment of silence.

“I miss you.” He breathed.

‘God, his voice!’

“Miss you too.”

“I wish I was there. I wish I could touch you.” He paused and inhaled sharply. “I miss your scent, baby.”

Without noticing it, her hand secretly slipped under the towel, which was still wrapped around her, to caress her stomach.

“It’s just been too long since I’ve touched you.” Spike continued to speak, his breath starting to come in hard gasps.

“I want you so much.” Buffy breathed as her fingers slowly drifted lower and finally slipped between her legs.

Chapter 50


Buffy pressed her sweaty palms together. How had she ended up here? The days had flown by her and now she was standing there, sneaking a peek from behind the heavy red curtain that hung from the ceiling. She felt her stomach turn when she saw the first people entering the room and coming down the narrow corridors to find their seats.

‘Oh, god, oh, god. This was a bad idea. I don’t wanna do this. I don’t wanna do this.’ She thought to herself as she felt her heart practically beat in her throat, making it almost impossible to breathe.

She jumped up when she felt a strong hand resting on her shoulder. She jerked up straight and turned to meet a pair of brown eyes that stared down at her.

“Nervous?” Angel asked with a sympathetic smile.

“I don’t think I wanna do this anymore.” She murmured swallowing hard, her eyebrows coming together for a painful frown as her lower lip jutted out.

“Everything’s going to be fine. You’re going to be amazing. As always.” He assured her as she let out a long sigh. “Just relax.”

“Thanks.” She breathed a little calmer.

Her heartbeat skipped a beat once more when Miss Addams’ hysterical voice was heard.

“What are you two doing here? You have to get your hair fixed, Buffy. Now, now, now. Hurry.” She shushed her teen, waving both hands dismissively towards the backstage before turning around and shouting at a scrawny, blonde boy: “And you! Get those lights working tonight or I’ll make sure you never graduate from high school. Mr. Harris, why are you still fumbling around with that dress? Put it on and stop…” Her voice drifted away as she was engulfed by the crowd of amateur actors standing at the sides of the stage.

“I better get going.” Buffy said, lowering her gaze to the floor as she started walking away.

She was halted by Angel as he circled his fingers around her arm. She turned to face him with a quizzical look on her face.

“I’m sorry.” It was barely audible.

Buffy frowned, a bit confused.

“About what?”

“About Dru.” He swallowed hard as he continued: “I was a complete idiot. And I can’t even say I didn’t mean to hurt you cause…” He paused letting out a frustrated sigh. “I don’t even know why I did it, you know?”

She remained silent as he spoke.

“You’re an amazing person Buffy and if there is one thing I know I’m going to hate myself for for the rest of my life it’s the fact that I screwed up what we had.”

“Angel…” She tried to speak but he cut her off.

“I don’t know why I started that thing with Dru. I mean… She’s a complete nutcase!”

Buffy tried to repress a smile but it was impossible and soon the two were chuckling.

“I really am sorry.” He finally said after a moment of pause.

“It’s ok, Angel. I don’t hate you anymore.”

“Good.” He smiled back at her.

There was an awkward moment of silence until Buffy moved, pointing at the backstage:

“I better go now. You know. Hair and all!” She reminded him as she started to turn.

“Ok. See you in a few.” He replied, letting her go.

Buffy rushed towards the backstage. She gasped when she bumped into Spike. His eyes were fixed on Angel’s retreating form.

“Spike! What are you doing here?” She questioned as she followed his gaze.

“Just came to wish you luck.” He muttered with a distant stare.

A wave of worry washed over her as she saw the look on his face.

“Spike, that wasn’t what… I mean we were just-“

“Relax, Buffy. I heard what Peaches said.” He said calmly as a soft smile spread across his lips. “Just can’t believe he’d do that. Maybe he’s not that bad after all.”

“Thank God!” She sighed in relief. “I thought we were going to have another one of those fights.”

He continued to smile as his hand came to push a rebellious strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. His fingers lingered on the nape of her neck, his thumb brushing against her cheek.

“You ready?” He asked in a soft voice as he stared down on her.

“I am now.” She breathed leaning into his hand. God, she missed his touch.

Soon, her lips were brushing against his palm, placing light kisses on the hard skin there.

Spike was forced to close his eyes for a second as he searched for control. It had been too long… ‘Too bloody long!’

“I miss you.” She whispered.

His eyelids fluttered open to gaze at her.

“MISS SUMMERS! What are you still doing here?” Miss Addams’ screeching tone put an end to their peaceful moment. “You have to be in make up, and your hair.” The woman let out a frustrated sigh and rolled her eyes in disgust as she regarded the teenagers dishevelled mass of blonde locks. “And Mr. Giles, your place is not backstage. Go take your place in the audience, please.” She instructed as she pulled Buffy by her arm and practically dragged her away from Spike.

“I’ll see you after the play.” She shouted back at him.

“Break a leg, luv.” He yelled as he watched her being swallowed by the crowd.

~+~

“There you are. We were getting worried about you.” Mrs. Summers said smiling as she saw the approaching teen.

“I was backstage saying hi to Buffy.” Spike explained.

“Well, we better get to our seats.” Giles recommended as he lightly directed Joyce down the narrow corridor.

Spike trailed behind.

“Mrs Summers!” Willow called out waving happily.

The three quickly made their way through the rows and sat next to the redhead.

“How is she?” Willow immediately asked as Spike sat next to her.

“Kinda nervous.” He answered.

“Hello, Willow.” Joyce greeted as she sat next to Spike, Giles settling on her left.

“Hey, Joyce. Giles.” She greeted leaning forward to meet the couples’ gaze before turning back to Spike: “Did you see Oz?”

“No, I got kicked out before I could check on the others. I only saw the whelp, though. You’re going to pop when you see him. You know, he actually looks good as a woman.” The Brit mocked.

Willow giggled and was about to reply when a ringing sound announced that the play was about to start.

All four sat back and stared up at the stage as the curtain rose slowly.

~+~

Willow felt her heartbeat increase a little as she recognized the familiar passage.

“With love's light wings did I o'er-perch these walls; / For stony limits cannot hold love out, / And what love can do that dares love attempt; / Therefore thy kinsmen are no let to me.” Angel recited, with a surprising lack of melodrama. He had actually improved.

She looked sideways to catch a glance of Spike from the corner of her eyes. He had both hands firmly gripping his knees, the complete lack of colour in his knuckles testified to the strength he was using. Her gaze travelled upwards to find his jaws tightly clenched together. His muscles twitched as he watched Buffy and Angel exchange a quick kiss on stage, his nostrils flaring as he inhaled deeply.

Mrs. Summers nervously cleared her throat as she noticed Spike narrowing his eyes at the scene that played out in front of him. She tried to ignore the obvious discomfort that surrounded the four of them as her eyes returned to the stage.

‘Breathe in, breath out, breathe in, breathe out. It’s just a play, it’s not real. It’s just a play, it’s not real.’ He kept silently saying to himself but when their lips met for another kiss he felt like he was going to explode. He closed his eyes and tried to focus on something else. ‘Just a play, just a- I’m gonna kill him. I’m bloody well gonna kill him.’ He growled inwardly as he opened his eyes to see the romantic pair share one last kiss on stage.

Willow, Joyce and Giles let out a collective sigh of relief when the painful scene finally came to an end. Spike loosened his grip on his knees rubbing them gently against the denim as he tried to wipe the sweat from his palms.

“I-It wasn’t so bad.” Willow didn’t even know where she had gotten the courage as the words left her mouth.

Spike looked at her sideways and narrowed his eyes at her.

“Sorry.” She whispered weakly, her attention returning to the stage.

~+~

Buffy remained frozen on the hard stone, her eyes closed as the last lines of the play were delivered.

“A glooming peace this morning with it brings; / The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head: / Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things; / Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished: / For never was a story of more woe / Than this of Juliet and her Romeo.”

Silence filled the room for a few seconds as the curtain fell and then a roar of applause carried through the thick fabric. Buffy opened her eyes to find Angel standing over her.

“We did it.” He told her with a smile and an outstretched hand.

She gladly took it jumping off the sarcophagus to stand next to him. Then everything seemed to happen at double speed. Suddenly, she was centre stage again, facing a cheering crowd. She felt both her arms being lifted in the air, Angel on one side, Xander on the other.

Her eyes scanned the audience for the first time since the beginning of the play. She searched blindly as the lights burned her eyes a bit. Her smile grew when she finally found him. He was standing up, clapping wildly and whistling. Soon, Willow, Joyce and Giles joined in and finally the entire audience rose to give them a standing ovation, including a reluctant Principal Snyder.

She didn’t even notice when she was pulled closer to the edge of the stage by Xander and Angel and forced to bow for a second time. When she straightened up again, her gaze was locked with Spike’s and she felt her heat leap, her eyes welling up when she saw him mouth: ‘I love you.’

‘I love you too.’ She was about to whisper back when the curtain fell in front of her, forcing them to break eye contact.

Suddenly, pandemonium broke loose. Everyone was around her congratulating her, giving her annoying pecks of the cheek, suffocating hugs when all she wanted to do was jump off the stage and run to him.

“You were amazing!” A girl shouted hysterically, flinging herself into her arms and almost toppling Buffy over.

“Everything was perfect.”

“Oh, my God! I can’t believe we made it.” Another one yelled.

Buffy didn’t know what to do, she simply nodded; a plastic smile plastered on her lips as she tried to gently push people out of the way.

“Congratulations, Miss Summers. I guess you did it.” Miss Addams spoke up as she seemed to miraculously materialize in front of her.

“Thanks.” Buffy gasped a bit out of breath as she felt herself being pulled and pushed in every direction.

After a few minutes of excruciating agony she finally seemed to be able to push her way through the crowd, as the attentions now seemed to be focused on Angel. She scrambled away, lifting her dress as it got in the way. She blindly pulled and pushed at the curtain, trying to find the edge of it, but it didn’t seem to want to be found. Finally, when she had had enough of it and was about to duck under it, she was suddenly pulled up to her feet. In a flash, she found herself in a dark corner of the backstage. The hard ropes dropped from the ceiling to frame her, the clattering of the crowd fading in the distance as her back pressed against a wall and he stood breathless in front of her.

“Found you.” Spike gasped gazing blindly at her. “I thought you were-“

He was cut off as Buffy flung her arms around him and smashed her mouth against his for a demanding kiss. She slipped her tongue between his parted lips and found his. Her fingers quickly weaved themselves into his hair, fisting her hand into the bleached mass of curls as she desperately tried to deepen the kiss but he pulled away and stared down at her. An almost predatory spark lit his eyes as he breathed, his left hand cupping her flushed cheek:

“You were amazing, luv. Bloody amazing.”

It was only then that she realised he was holding something. A soft smile lit her face when as she glanced down at the now completely crumpled flowers he held in his right hand. She had been so happy to see him that she hadn’t even noticed them.

“I love you.” She exhaled sharply, still breathless and with glassy eyes.

“I love you too.” He whispered, handing her the flowers before leaning in to kiss her.

It started off slow, but it soon built into a frenzy as the weeks of physical separation finally took their toll on them. Soon the floor around their feet was paved with petals and scrunched up stems as they kissed passionately.

She moaned and mewled against his lips as her arms wrapped tightly around his neck, her right leg hooking itself around his hip as his hand slipped under the thick dress to cup her outer thigh and bring their bodies closer together.

“I missed you…” Spike gasped, tearing his mouth away from her to trail rough kissed down the side of her neck. “…so much.” It was almost a growl as the desire made is voice dry and hoarse. “So bloody much.” He emphasized the last word by trusting his hips against hers, causing the hard bulge in his pants to rub against her swollen clit.

“Oh, God.” She exhaled sharply, her mouth falling open, her eyes rolling back in their sockets as she let her head drop back, exposing her neck to his ravenous mouth.

He moved his hips in small circular motions while his hand wandered further up her thigh to reach the edge of her panties. Without warning two intruding fingers slipped inside to brush against her swollen and wet labia.

“Spike, I want you.” She was able to breathe out.

Her grip on his hair becoming tighter as his fingers expertly explored her.

“I want you so much.” He grunted back while his free hand moved up her body to cup her breast.

She was completely lost in the feeling, oblivious to the chatting and partying happening just a little over ten feet away from them. In that dark corner of the backstage all there seemed to exist was Spike and her. She opened her eyes to see the crowd of teenagers celebrating and cheering their success. She didn’t care. All she wanted at that moment was him.

“Spike…” She was cut off when his fingers gripped the edged of her dress and yanked it down exposing her left breast to the rough touch of his hand. “We need to…” She tried to focus on what she wanted to say, but it seemed impossible as she felt him finger her clit and twist her nipple. She swallowed hard and pulled at his hair, forcing him to look up at her. “Utility closet.” Was all she could say while tilting her head to her left.

With glassy eyes, Spike turned to see a small door just a few feet from them. Without a word he cupped her thighs and propped her up until her legs were wrapped around his waist. Between passionate kisses and grunts he was able to carry her over to the door. He struggled a bit with the handle, trying to keep his balance and not drop her at the same time. Within a few seconds it opened and the two teens practically stumbled inside as Spike kicked the door closed behind him.

The two scrambled their way into the confined space. Spike’s mouth quickly returning to hers, his body pressing against her, causing her to tumble backwards until her calves hit something behind her – a large cardboard. His hands were suddenly on her legs again, lifting her and placing her on top of the box. Their lips never parted as he pushed his hips between her spread thighs, his fingers gripping her dress and hiking it upwards, exposing her perfectly shaped legs.

In the meantime, Buffy’s own hands were occupied as she pulled at his duster until it pooled to the floor and her attention was then fixed on the buttons of his shirt. She struggled with them, letting out a frustrated mewl when she failed in her task. Realising her predicament, Spike stepped away from her just long enough to get his shirt off, exposing his pale chest to her wandering fingers.

Hungrily, his mouth attacked her neck, slipping downwards until his lips met her uncovered nipple. Buffy arched into his mouth, gasping when his teeth nipped at the sensitive skin and while his hand gruffly cupped her other breast. Much like he had done with its twin, he tugged at the fabric that covered it until the pale flesh was bare. He pulled away for a second and looked at her. She was absolutely beautiful. Her cheeks flushed, her long, dishevelled, blonde locks framed her face, her mouth was partially open, her heaving breasts lifted high, popped out from the constraining dress as she pulled ragged breaths from her lungs. He couldn’t take it anymore. He needed to have her now.

His trembling hand quickly found its way between her legs, gripping her panties. As he tugged at the delicate fabric, Buffy was busy working on the fastening of his jeans. After a few excruciating seconds, they managed to free themselves of those obnoxious clothing barriers. Her knickers were abandoned on the floor next to his duster and shirt, while his jeans were bunched around his knees.

“I want you so much.” He gasped as he gripped her hips and positioned himself between her thighs again.

He cupped her ass lifting her slightly, just enough to angle her entrance for his hard cock. Their gazes met again as she felt the head brush against her soaked slit. She swallowed hard as she waited for him to make a move. An eternity seemed to filter by before he finally pushed his hips forward.

She moaned, as his eyes rolled back and his jaws clenched together.

“Jesus, so bloody tight.” He grunted as he dared to look down at the spot where their bodies were connected.

He had only managed to slip the head in and already he could feel her heat engulf him, her muscled clamping down around him. The weeks of forced celibacy had definitely had their effect on her.

She took a deep breathe as she waited for him once again. She saw him close his eyes for a second, his nostrils flaring a bit before he pushed inside of her, forcing her muscles to part and accommodate his girth.

“Fuck.” She swore, her nails digging into the tender flesh of his shoulders as she bit her lower lip.

It was too much. She was so…

“So tight…” He whispered again as he leaned his head in her chest.

“Spike, please…” She begged; anxious to feel him moving inside of her. “Oh, God.” She growled when he started moving in and out of her in a slow and steady pace, his hands still gripping her cheeks.

Spike’s mouth fell open, his lips trailing across her breasts as he pushed in and out of her. She used her grip on his shoulders for leverage and met every thrust.

Soon they were moving at a rapid, hungry rhythm, his hips smacking against the inside of her thighs as he shoved into her.

‘It’s not gonna last.’ Spike knew it. He wouldn’t last. It had been too long since he had been inside of her warmth. “Fuck.”

His thumb hastily slipped between her legs to find the small bundle of nerve at the apex of her sex. He rubbed it in fast circular motions causing her to let out a strangled cry of pleasure. Not content with this, his mouth attacked her left nipple, sucking it roughly between his lips, rolling his tongue over it while his free hand worked the right, tugging at it.

“Oh, God Spike. Don’t stop, don’t stop. So… Ah!” She cried out as he thrust harder into her.

“Buffy…” He moaned between nibbles.

“I missed you so much. Needed you. Spike, I’m…” She was forced to stop in mid sentence as the orgasm that had been building inside of her suddenly exploded.

He tore his mouth away from her breast, clenching his teeth together when he felt her inner walls start to spasm around him. That was it. He thrust one more time into her before he was finally coming with a hard growl.

“I love you.” He mumbled, letting his forehead drop to her heaving chest when his orgasm subsided.

“I love you.” She murmured breathless as she rested her chin on top of his head.

They remained that way for a few moments, wrapped in each other’s arms as their uneven pants subsided.

Buffy’s eyelids fluttered open when she felt him lick the sweat from her chest. The sweep of his tongue was almost imperceptible at first, but it soon became clear that he wasn’t satisfied yet.

‘Thank God!’ she thought as her fingers lazily traced small circles on his back.

She held her breath when she felt him start to move his hips. He was hard again already.

He let his mouth travel up the slender curve of her neck until he found her mouth. He heard her moan against him before her hands pushed him slightly away. He frowned and immediately moved back to look at her.

“You don’t want to…?”

She smiled at him coyly.

“Don’t you want…” she started, looking up at him from under mischievous eyelids.

He was confused.

“Don’t I want what?”

She never answered, simply pushed him further until he slipped out of her and she heard him partially repress a groan when she slipped off the box. She ran her finger over the sharp edges of his jaw before reaching for his left hand and placed it over her right thigh. She pulled at her dress until his palm was brushing her bare skin.

He was forced to close his eyes when she lead his hand up and back over the round contours of her ass. He couldn’t help but cup the supple flesh. He felt her move and opened his eyes to find her with her back turned to him.

“Jesus, Buffy!” He grunted when she stepped back and rubbed herself against his straining cock.

Her hand abandoned his and reached back for his cock. She tugged at it a few times, eliciting a guttural moan from him. He watched helpless as she bent over the box and consequentially opened herself up to him as she brought him closer and placed the head of his cock against her opening to her vagina.

“Spike… Please.” She mewled as she rubbed herself against him.

She didn’t have to lead him anymore. His hand automatically went for her hips, gripping them and propping her up so her upper body was resting completely on the box while her feet dangled a few inches off the floor.

His left hand cupped one shapely cheek, his thumb brushing against the sensitive skin as he waited for her consent. It came in the form of a desperate plea:

“Spike, I need you inside… now.”

He rubbed the head of his cock along her slit, making sure she was perfectly soaked before driving all the way inside her with one long, hard thrust.

“God!” Buffy choked out.

“Are you ok?” He questioned.

“Yes, yes.” She quickly answered, nodding vehemently.

This was so different, he felt… bigger, harder. She had fantasized about it all those weeks.

“Please, don’t stop.” She asked him in a weak voice.

He nodded, even though she couldn’t see him from her position and started moving slowly in and out of her.

She moaned in satisfaction as she felt him stabbing that wonderful spot inside her. But she needed more.

“Harder.” She begged.

Spike rolled his eyes back, closing them as he heard the urgency in her voice. He complied and shoved into her with more force.

“Harder. Faster.” She encouraged him and soon he was ramming into her in earnest.

Buffy’s hand scrambled over the box, searching for support until she found the edges. She gripped them and used her new found leverage to meet his thrusts.

Spike’s fingers dug into the flesh of her hips when he felt her growing tighter and wetter with each hard stroke.

“Bloody hell!” He growled.

“Oh, God Spike, oh, god, oh god…” She chanted between moans. “Spike, I’m coming…” She finally groaned as her release washed over her for the second time that day.

It wasn’t long before Spike was following her, letting out a feral grunt as he slammed into her one last time.

Buffy gasped as she felt him collapse on top of her, his face nuzzling against the back of her neck.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Author’s Note: Apparently there is going to be an extra chapter. Can’t do without the prom and I guess I got a little carried away with the sex scene. Hope you guys don’t mind. ;)

Thanks to Ali for the idea of the flowers. ;)