Chapter 19



She nervously tugged at her miniskirt, pulling it downwards as she picked up the receiver.

"Hello? Oh, hi!" There was silence for a few seconds, her fingers tensely twirling around the cord while she walked around in circles next to the phone.

Spike leaned on the counter, his heart still racing, watching her from under an apprehensive frown as he listened in on the conversation, trying to discern who was on the other side of the line. He anxiously tapped his fingers on the white surface; his gaze followed her closely while the memories of what had just happened flashed before his eyes. 'What was that all about?' he continuously asked himself. 'Why did I…' He couldn't understand, but the simple thought of her being anywhere near Angel, having him touch her… just made his stomach turn, his skin curl; the way she had mocked him… He stood up straight as she started to speak into the receiver after the long pause.

"Ok, then… No, I'm fine. Don't worry. Bye." She waited a few moments, her mind racing as she finally set the phone down.

She really didn't want to deal with this now, not with this or with… She finally turned to see Spike, standing by the counter an anxious look on his face. 'God, what did I do?' She asked herself as she swallowed hard and re-entered the tiled room. An awkward moment of silence thickened the air between them, making it hard to breathe. Buffy's gaze erratically flew all over the place, trying to avoid meeting Spike's eyes and finally found what looked like her salvation - the bottle of wine. In a flash, she reached for it and turning on her heels headed for the living room.

A stunned black-clad teen soon followed her to find her sitting on the couch taking a long gulp from the bottle.

"Hum… Buffy?" He started.

She wouldn't look at him. Reaching for the remote, she turned on the TV and found her new source of distraction.

"Buffy…" He called again and this time she was forced to look up.

Her eyes were flooded in a dazed sparkle, giving them a glassy drunken aspect.

"Yeah?" She drooled.

He didn't know what to do. Was he supposed to say something about the scorching grope fest in the kitchen or was he just supposed to ignore it? Judging from the scared look on her face, he assumed she'd prefer the latter. Slowly, he moved to the couch and sat down.

"So… who was that?"

Buffy felt something tug at her heart at his question. 'So the plan is to ignore what just happened?' She asked herself.

"Hum…" She struggled with the words as the alcohol started swimming around in her brain. "My mom." She answered, turning back to the TV. 'You want to ignore it? Fine, I'll ignore it.' She shouted in her mind as the anger started brewing in her stomach.

"She went out tonight?" Spike asked as he noticed for the first time Mrs. Summers' absence from the household.

Buffy nodded and refused to speak as she took another gulp from the bottle.

"She called to check up on you, huh?" He continued to question. Someone had to make conversation, because he sure as hell wasn't going to be able to stay alone in a room with her in silence.

Another mindless nod, followed by a long gulp from the bottle.

"You're out on the piss tonight aren't you?" He asked with a hint of anger in his voice.

At this she frowned and looked at him.

"You're trying to get drunk, aren't you?"

"You think?" She said cocking up her eyebrow and returning her attention to the television set.

"Luv, you really shouldn't be drinking like this. You're not used to it." He tried to warn her.

Her answer came as she tilted the bottle once again and swallowed a few more gulps of its content. Angrily, he reached for the green bottle and yanked it out of her hands. She immediately jumped up in protest, her arms waving it the air as she tried to retrieve it.

"Hey, give it back. It's…" She began to stand up, to try and catch up to him and suddenly the entire room started to circle around her. She blinked a couple of times and then dropped like a stone on the couch, clinging to her aching head. "Oh… oh…. This is not good… Why is the whole room moving?" She asked with a liquid voice as she tried to focus on something but failed.

"Because you're completely sloshed." He answered as he set the bottle down on the coffee table and came down to sit next to her once more.

His hands settled on each side of her head, under her ears, framing her flushed face as he watched her blink wildly and cringe.

"I don't like this." She whined.

"It's gonna be ok. You just need some coffee." He explained as he moved to leave the room.

Her fingers instantly curled around his duster, pulling him to her.

"No! Don't! Don't leave me!" She begged panicky.

"I'll be right back I'm just going to the kitchen to get you some…"

He trailed off as he watched her vehemently shake her head.

"No. I don't wanna be alone. This is…" She stopped in mid sentence as she felt something quickly crawl its way up her oesophagus. "Oh, I think I'm gonna be-"

She wasn't able to finish her sentence as her mouth went wide open and she vomited all over Spike.

The Brit froze when he saw the greenish slobber plastered all over his favourite piece of clothing. The anger and disgust soon disappeared as he saw the distraught look on the petite blonde's face.

"Oh God, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" She begged, her hand resting on her mouth.

"It's ok, it's ok." He lied as he quickly took off his duster and balled it up so that the vomit wouldn't spread to the couch.

He let out a sigh as he saw the stains on his shirt and without another thought quickly discarded it too, leaving him in a black t-shirt and equally black jeans. His attention was back on Buffy, who was now sprawled on the couch; her facial muscles cringed up in a painful expression. His arms circled around her slender form and carried as he walked up the stairs. He stood in the corridor for a few seconds, debating over which door lead to the bathroom. He followed his most logical guess and chose the door at the end of the hall.

He opened it and after some struggled managed to find the light switch. The room lit up to reveal the white tiled bathroom.

"Luv…" He called her.

"Hum…" She mumbled semi-conscious.

"You've got to hold onto me so I can get you cleaned up."

She nodded and flung her arm around his neck, partially supporting herself as he turned on the faucet. Buffy jumped up as the cool water splashed against her face, causing her to cough a bit. She soon calmed down and he was able to run his wet hand over her mouth and cheeks, in an attempt to get her cleaned. His fingers slowly managed to get most of the green coloured vomit off her face and then proceeded with washing her neck. After a few minutes she was clean and he could tell that she was a bit more awake as she started to mumble something incomprehensible.

"You'll be fine." He reassured her.

But she continued to murmur something and soon tears began to thread down her flushed cheeks.

"Oh, God please don't cry…" He begged awkwardly as he set her down on the toilet.

But she wouldn't indulge him as she rested her head in her hands and suddenly burst out in loud and painful crying session.

"Please… don't… I can't stand to see girls… Please…" As he kneeled down beside her his hands suddenly seemed nothing more than embarrassing appendages as he struggled to figure out where to put them. They hovered over her shoulders, her arms, her legs and back up to her hair to finally awkwardly tap her on the head, in a typically male version of a comforting caress.

"Why…" Hiccup " are you" hiccup "hitting meeeee?" She whined in a babyish tone, looking down on him with blood-shot eyes.

"I-I…" He tried to explain, but it was no use as she returned to her crying. "Luv… wha-what's wrong?" He asked, deciding it was best not to touch her at all.

"Everythiiiiing." She bellowed.

"Oh, come on… It can't be that-"

"My mom is boinking an idiot." She whined as another onslaught of tears took over.

Taken by surprise, it took a few seconds for Spike to react, but eventually he managed to stutter:

"Sh-she's going out on a date, that doesn't mean she's…" He made a face as the mental picture flashed before his eyes causing his facial muscles to contract. "… boinking anyone."

"Yes, she is." She insisted between hiccups and snivels. "She was wearing make up."

His scarred eyebrow cocked up as he thought: 'And…?'

"And she just called saying she was going to be very late and-and…" She inhaled sharply as the tears continued to travel down her face. "…and she said if I needed anything for lunch tomorrow I could just order pizzaaaaaaa." And once more she was down the path of loud howls and incessant moans.

"Oh…" He noted giving her a sorry look. "Well… M-my da has been going out on a lot of dates too lately… it-it's only natural for divorced or widowed grown-ups to… you know…" He had to swallow hard to stop himself from heaving at the idea of his father ever having sex.

"Not my mom!" She bellowed, covering her face with her hands as she burst into tears.

"Hum… pet… please… just calm down… it's…" It was no use, she wouldn't stop.

Awkwardly, he straightened up, still on his knees and brought his arms around her, giving her a light tap on her back.

"There, there…" He murmured uncomfortably. God, he hated seeing women cry.

Slowly, she relaxed in his arms and eventually slumped off the toilet to sit on the floor, still wrapped up in his arms, her moist face buried in his t-shirt. He heard her mumbled and snivel as she wiped her eyes and nose on the black fabric.

"Go ahead… It's not my favourite anyway." He spurred her on as he ran his hand over her hair.

"My…"

"What's that, luv?" He asked pulling her to look up at him.

They stared at each other for a few seconds before she burst out.

"My mom is having sex… Buaaaa!" And her face was once again buried in his chest.

"It's ok… It's gonna be fine." He reassured her. "It's normal. You knew this would eventually-"

"No!" She suddenly, sat up straight. "You're not listening!"

"Tell me then."

"My mom is having sex…" She paused as she tried to push back the tears and finally burst out: "… And I'm not!" She protested with a loud cry as she continued to sob uncontrollably.

"Oh!" The bleached teen raised his eyebrows at the realisation as her face fell with a dull thud against his chest.

She cried and sniffed for a while longer, until she calmed down and was able to slowly sit up straight; her hands coming to wipe away the tears. They sat in silence, till Buffy broke it with a ghostly whisper:

"Am I repulsive?"

"What?!" He asked amazed.

"Am I repulsive?" She repeated.

"Of course not. What… Why would you say that?"

"Then why… doesn't Angel… want me anymore?" She managed to blurt out between sniffs and hiccups.

"Cause he's an idiot." Was Spike's direct response as his hands came to push her hair behind her ear.

She seemed calmer, but suddenly, her expression changed, turning hard and cold.

"What do you know?" She grumbled as she stumbled to her feet and zigzagged her way down the hall.

"What do you mean?" He asked as he quickly followed her into her room.

He jumped back a little as she unexpectedly turned on her heels and faced him.

"You're obsessed with that skinny vapid ho too." She snapped.

At his confused expression she continued:

"All of a sudden every guy seems to be head over heels for that black haired witch." She waved her arms in the air. "What does she have that I don't?"

Spike tilted his head and gave her light smile.

"You're jealous of Dru?"

"I. Am. Not. Jealous of that skanky ho!" She insisted, crossing her arms over her chest and flopping onto the edge of her bed.

Soon, her pout grew and, as the alcohol continued to heighten her emotions, she restarted crying.

"Luv… Come on… Not again." He begged falling on his knees in front of her.

"Why doesn't Angel want me anymore?" She whined.

He felt his stomach turn at the mention of the quarterback's name. Why was she so worried about him? God, he felt like strangling him.

"I'm ugly." She concluded.

"No, you're not!" He countered. "How can you think that? God, Summers do you have any idea just how beautiful you are?" He didn't even seem to be talking to her anymore as he stared blindly at her face, his fingers coming to brush over her cheeks. "You're amazing and…" He sighed audibly as he saw her pout. "God, you drive me insane every time you to that."

"What?" She frowned.

"When you pout. Jutting out that lower lip…"

"Angel liked it too." She replied absentmindedly.

That was it! His blood started rushing to his face as the anger boiled up inside of him.

"Will you just forget about that wanker for one bleeding second, damn it?" He growled standing up and pacing around the room in front of her.

She frowned, a drunken look still on her face, giving her a semi-idiotic expression.

"Why are you so angry all of a sudden?" She grumbled with a frown, following him with her gaze. "Will you stop walking around in circles? You're making me dizzy." She protested shaking her head a bit and blinking.

"Why are you so worried about what Angel thinks?" He tried to control his emotions as he came to an abrupt stop in front of her.

"I don't worry about what-"

"Bollocks! The whole time, you're going on about how Angel doesn't want you anymore, how you think you're ugly because he doesn't give a rat's ass about you. What is it with you women? You only like men that are complete wankers. Are you masochists or something? A guy devotes all of his attention to you and you go behind his back to boink the person he hates the most and when he ignores you, you immediately want him back." He let his arms fall limply at his sides as he finished his ramblings.

Buffy simply continued to frown sheepishly as she felt her entire body go numb from the alcohol in her system.

"You need some serious anger management classes, you know that right?" She mumbled.

"I need to get you bloody bints out of my head, that's what I need." He protested.

"You could always turn gay." She offered. "You already know that my mom has no problem with it."

Spike gave her a fake smile while Buffy cringed at the memory of her mother… Soon the tears started to fall again as the depression phase of her drunken state kicked in once more.

"Oh, will you just quit it?" He growled.

"No, I will not, you insensitive pig!" She shouted at him, throwing herself back on her bed and curling up into the foetal position.

He felt a pang of regret in his heart.

"Oh… Luv… I'm sorry… I didn't… Please…" He pleaded as he came to the left side of the bed and kneeled down next to it. "Look… I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout… Please, don't cry."

She never answered him, simply turning her back to him. He sighed and slowly stood up to sit on the bed, his hand coming to rest on her shoulder.

"Pet… I'm sorry I didn't-"

"Stop calling me that!" She finally yelled, curling up further.

"I'm sorry… I didn't…" He continued to beg as he lay down beside her, propping his head on one hand, while the other gently brushed over Buffy's naked arm.

She didn't make a move to push him away, standing still as he caressed her skin.

"It's gonna be ok… Don't worry." He whispered smoothly in her ear.

Sluggishly, she turned around to face him and without a word snuggled up against his chest. He froze for a second but soon relaxed, bringing his arm around her and pulling her closer. He slowly rocked her; sleep creeping up on him when her soft voice broke through the fog that engulfed his mind.

"What's that, luv?"

"Did you really mean it?" she repeated.

"Mean what?"

"That you thought I was amazing?" She asked in a low voice, looking up at him from his chest.

"You're amazing, Summers." He answered with a half smile.

"Do you think I'm cute?" She questioned with a pout, innocently blinking her eyes a couple of times.

"You're gorgeous." He replied.

She smiled at that, resting her head back on his chest for a while before looking up at him. His eyes were semi-closed as slumber started to take over him again. With one arm draped along the length of the headboard, the other protectively thrown around her he drifted into sleep.

His heart started to race though, as he felt something warm brush over the nape of his neck, a small hand curling around his waist to reach his back and worm its way under his t-shirt, thin legs pressing between his as she moved it under his arm.

He opened his eyes to find her nipping and kissing his neck and quickly closed them at the intense sensation that cursed through his veins. He gasped as she moved up and brushed her mouth against his, her hands pushing him onto his back and she crawled over him.

Her right leg moved over his stomach to settle on the other side, next to his thigh, while her tongue snaked its way into his mouth; the mint taste of the mouthwash and a hint alcohol spilling through. He let out a deep groan as she finally straddled him, putting all her weight over his, her hair cascading around his face to gently caress him.

Her hand continued to explore under his t-shirt, pressing hard against the contours of his abdominal muscles as it made its way down south, over his navel.

"Wha…" The words caught in his throat as her tiny fingers slipped under the waistband of his jeans and fondled the mass of curls beneath before finding their goal. "Ah…" He gasped as she carefully encircled him and began pumping while her lips parted to kiss him once again.

He rolled his eyed back in their sockets at the feel on her caressing him.

"Luv…" He started as she kissed her way down his check to his earlobe.

"Don't… Call me that." She gasped.

"What are you… ah…" He stopped in mid sentence as she squeezed him tighter. "…Doing? Please… Stop… we… Oh, God!"

He felt her smile against his neck at his broken voice and it seemed to give him enough strength to grab her by her wrist.

"Please… We can't do this." He breathed as his other hand dug into her hair and pulled her up to face him.

"Why not?" She pouted. "Don't you want it?"

"God, you have no idea how much!" He gasped and she restarted the pumping movements with her right hand.

"Good!" She smiled and dove for his earlobe, taking it into her mouth to nibble at it.

"Please… stop… you're drunk… you don't know… Ah!" He inhaled sharply as she gave him another light squeeze.

He seemed completely lost as she let go of him and proceeded with unbuckling his belt and then working on the buttons of his jeans until they were all undone.

She felt herself blush as she looked downwards at his crotch. The innocent smile that spread over her lips almost did him in. She looked breathtaking all flushed and sweaty, her dishevelled hair cascading around her. God, he wanted her so much.

"Pet…" He managed to whisper as he gathered all of his strength, but it seemed to crumble apart when she looked up at him. "We… can't do this."

Her answer was to reach into his pants once again, only this time he was fast enough to grab her and stop her.

"You're drunk, pet. I don't wanna do it this way. Not like this." He breathed.

"You don't want me?" She pouted.

"More than anything. But not like this."

Suddenly, anger flashed before her eyes and she was up and off him in a second.

"Get out!" She shouted with her back towards him.

He sat up and reached for her, lightly caressing her back and she snapped.

"Get out!" She yelled off the top of her lungs.

"Luv…"

With anger raving through her veins she stood up and flung the door open as she hissed between clenched teeth:

"Get out. Now."

Head bowed, he stood up and dragged his feet across the floor until he reached the hall and heard the door slam behind his back.


Chapter 20

She tossed and turned for what seemed like ages, eventually she tired of it and sat up on the bed, legs brought close to her chest and chin resting on her cotton covered knees. Slowly, she rocked herself as the thoughts meandered around in her still slightly intoxicated mind. Her face cringed up as she remembered…’More than anything. But not like this’. She shut her eyes, trying to control the sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. Inevitably, other questions invaded her reasoning. Was he still in the house? She hadn’t heard the front door open… She pressed her lips together as she pushed herself off the mattress and walked barefoot to the window. She paused for a second, before lightly tugging at the curtains. A wave of relief washed over her as she saw the old car still parked in her driveway. She frowned and mentally scolded herself as she found herself smiling at the rusted vehicle and quickly made her way back to her bed, plopping down on it. She sat for a few minutes, contemplating what to do next. He was still in her home… ‘How dare he? I’ll show him.’ Having found a perfectly good reason to leave her room, she stood up, put on her bunny shaped slippers and walked out the door. She slowly made her way downstairs and entered the living room.

She felt her heart skip a beat when she saw him. There he was, sprawled on the couch, dressed in a pair of jeans and his black t-shirt, one arm thrown carelessly over his face, the other dangling to the floor.

She cocked her head slightly, remaining perfectly still as she watched him sleeping in a pool of moonlight. He looked so… ‘No! He doesn’t look anything! Actually, he does look something… extremely annoying.’

With renewed anger she flicked the light switch on and shouted:

“What are you doing here?”

She watched as he jolted up into sitting position at the sudden noise, his arms instinctively coming to rest on his stomach. He blinked wildly as his eyes refused to adjust to the harsh light coming from the ceiling.

“What?” He managed to mumble in a hoarse voice.

“What are still doing here? I told you to go away… remember?” She gave him an exasperated sigh as she crossed her arms over her chest and angrily tapped her fur-covered left foot.

“Hum…” He inhaled deeply while he rubbed his eyes, his head resting on his hands for a few moments before turning to look up at her. He opened and closed his lips a couple of times, trying to wet his dry mouth as he inspected the apparently pissed off teen towering over him. He never said anything, simply glanced at the large clock on one of the walls and then looked back at Buffy: “It’s four in the morning, luv. Can we have our usual heart-warming banter some other time? Say in about… eight hours?”

“What. Are. You. Doing. Here?” She hissed.

“Apparently not. Oh goody!” He said with fake enthusiasm, standing up to hover over her nightgown-clad form. “I was sleeping.” He stated the obvious.

Rolling her eyes, she sighed and was about to say something when he started heading for the kitchen. Angrily, she followed him; the alcohol and the heavy, fluffy slippers forcing her to walk in a duck like fashion which caused Spike to chuckle as he leaned against the refrigerator door.

“What are you doing?” She tried to sound as mad as possible, but was extremely distracted as his hand reached under his t-shirt to scratch his chest and in the process pulled at the fabric, exposing his perfectly toned stomach.

“Trying to find something to drink.” He explained without even looking at her as he inspected the contents of her fridge. Eventually, he opted for some orange juice, picking up the bottle and setting it on the counter as he searched for a glass in the cabinets.

“This is *my* house!” She protested stomping her foot.

“And I think that after I cleaned and washed your-vomit-soaked-self I have earned the right to some orange juice.” He said raising his eyebrows as he sipped from the yellowish liquid.

“Oh…” Was Buffy’s embarrassed answer as she felt the redness creep up her neck to flood her cheeks.

They stood in awkward silence for a few excruciating moments until he finally spoke:

“You seem to be felling better.”

“Hum… Still kinda wobbly… but I’m slowly progressing toward complete control of my motor functions.” She answered, not daring to look at him ‘Please, God don’t let him mention what happened upstairs, please don’t let him mention what happened upstairs, please don’t-‘

“Hum… About what happened…”

‘So much for praying. Thanks a lot!’ She grumbled inwardly.

“I-“

“I don’t want to talk about it.” She quickly interrupted, raising her hand. “Let’s just file that under alcohol induced momentary stupidity, ok?”

Spike felt his stomach turn in disgust and anger.

“Fine.” He managed to hiss, slamming the orange juice on the counter and heading towards the living room.

She quickly followed to find him picking up his discarded duster and shirt before turning back to the hall.

“Where are you going?” She mumbled in a low voice.

“Home. Like you wanted.” He grumbled as he headed for the front door.

“Don’t!” She didn’t know what had possessed her to say it, but she did and she swallowed hard as she saw him turning around to face her with a frown over his eyebrows. “I mean…” She tried to hide her nervousness. “You don’t *have* to go if you don’t want to.”

“You asking me to stay?” he questioned with half a grin as he tilted his head.

“No!” Was her immediate answer but, as she saw him start to leave, she quickly added. “Yes!” She paused as he faced once again. “I-I’m asking.” Seeing the cocky smirk grow she continued with a nonchalant tone: “It’s just cause I’m not sleepy and I’m bored.”

“I’m flattered, pet.” He mumbled as he strolled back to the living room.

“Don’t be, *William*.” She mocked as she sat down on the couch next to him.

Picking up the remote, he flickered through the channels and – nothing. There was absolutely nothing on. He sighed loudly as he turned off the set and glanced at the white-clad girl sitting next to him.

“Now what?”

“I don’t know.” She shrugged.

They paused for a few seconds until Buffy piped up.

“We could play cards.”

“Ok.” He agreed and she immediately jumped off the sofa and jogged her way to a nearby cabinet.

She searched for what seemed like an eternity finally giving up and waving her hands in the air.

“I don’t know where my mom put them.” She mumbled dragging her feet as she made her way back to the couch.

They sat in silence once more. It was starting to get just too awkward for her to handle when he offered:

“Wanna play a game?”

She eyed him suspiciously. He had that dirty look in his eyes and that annoying smirk plastered over his lips. He was up to something, but anything was better than the God-awful silence so… ok, she would bite.

“What game?”

“I don’t know…”

The sound of his voice told her that he knew exactly what game to choose, he was just stalling.

“Maybe… truth or dare?” He tried to sound nonchalant about it, but failed miserably at it.

“Oh, no. I’m not playing truth or dare with you.” She vehemently refused standing up to walk around the table.

“Why not?!” It came out as a half whine.

“Be-Because… because by Monday everyone in school will know all my darkest most twisted secrets, that’s why.” She answered wrapping her arms over her chest.

“I swear I won’t tell anyone. Plus you’ll be able to ask me questions too, remember?”

At that, Buffy stopped the incessant shaking of her head. Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea… After a few moments of careful consideration she returned to her seat on the couch, folding her legs under her as she turned to face him.

“Shoot.” She said simply.

“Ok!” He exclaimed clapping his hands together as he sat sideways on the sofa, facing her. “Truth or dare, Summers?”

“Truth.” She answered with a strong voice.

He didn’t need to think too long, quickly asking:

“Do you still have feelings for Angel?” His tone was low, but a hint of unease filtered through as he spoke.

“Yes.” She answered promptly. “My turn. Truth or dare?”

His stomach turned painfully in his gut, twisting until he felt the acid crawl up to the back of his mouth. He swallowed hard and answered:

“Truth.”

“Have you ever loved anyone, and when I say love it’s not in any motherly, brotherly or friendly way. I mean love, as in Romeo-and-Juliet-tragically-bound-to-happen sort of love. And who was it?”

“Yes and Dru.” He responded.

Buffy couldn’t help but add:

“Do you still love her?”

“Na-na, pet you had your one question, it’s my turn now.”

Buffy twisted her mouth in sign of discontentment but didn’t say anything.

“Truth or-“

“Truth.” She interrupted.

“Eager little one, aren’t you?”

“Just ask the question Spike.” She rolled her eyes at him.

“Let me see…” His eyes suddenly gained a wicked sparkle and he lowered his voice as he asked: “Have you ever had a wet dream about me, pet?”

“What?!” She almost jumped off the couch at the surprise question.

“Sex, luv. Have you ever dreamt of having sex with yours truly?”

Buffy’s eyes grew wide and her cheeks turned bright red.

“I want a dare.” She said promptly.

“Hey! That’s cheating.”

“It’s not cheating. I changed my mind.” She complained with a pout.

“You can’t change your mind. The-“

“Fine. Then I quit.”

“Oh, you’re such a baby. If things don’t go you’re way you just quit, is that it?” He objected.

“Fine.” She said, crossing her arms over her chest and grumbling in a low voice. “Yes.”

“What was that, luv?” He pretended not to hear, inside his heart pounded furiously against his chest.

“Yes, alright?!” She shouted. “I’ve had a sex dream about you. But it was just one and I didn’t like it.”

She saw him raise a suspicious eyebrow at her and she insisted:

“I didn’t! Now, truth or dare?”

“Hey, hey not so fast. You didn’t tell me what it was.” He protested.

“You didn’t ask.” She said with a triumphant grin. “Truth or dare?”

Spike paused for a second, his brain still trying to get over the fact that she had had a wet dream about him. He swallowed hard as he tried to focus on what she was asking.

“Truth.”

“Ha-have you ever had… one of those dreams about me?” She scolded herself mentally for the faltering in her voice.

“Yes.” He answered looking straight into her eyes, forcing her to glance away.

Suddenly, his whole expression seemed to change, his eyes grew deeper and darker as he stared intensely at her.

“Ok, your turn!” She said a little too peppy as the nervousness started to get to her. However, it grew twice as big when she saw him move closer to her from the corner of her eyes.

She turned to look at him wide eyed as he leaned in, his face inching closer to her. Her heart raced wildly in her chest, her palms became damp with cold sweat as his lips lightly brushed over hers, his hand coming up to worm its way under her ear and cup her growingly red cheek. He tilted his head and pressed his mouth against hers, his lips parting as his tongue glided over hers. Suddenly, she felt something snapped inside of her. In a flash, she was up and off the couch, careful to put the coffee table between her and the bleached teen that now stared wide eyed at her.

“Ok! That was fun!” she exclaimed over enthusiastically, bringing her hands together for one quick clap. “I think I’ll go back to bed now. Tired! Awww…” She gave him her terribly unbelievable version of a yawn before she turned on her heels and started to head for the hall.

She never even managed to reach the bottom of the staircase before she felt a strong hand grip her arm and force her to turn around. She could swear she could hear her own heartbeat when she turned to meet his dark stare.

“We need to talk about this.” He said in a low, hoarse voice.

“Talk? About what?” She was amazed at how she was able to say the words so nonchalantly, considering her heart was now beating in her throat.

“You know about what. Don’t act dumb.” He insisted closing his eyes for a second.

She sighed loudly and freed herself from his grip to walk around him in the hall.

“So we had wet dreams about each other. It doesn’t mean anything.” She waved her arms around as she spoke, occasionally shrugging. “I mean, it was probably because of all the groping we’ve been doing lately because of… the plan. It just kinda rubbed off…” She tried to rationalize, but as she turned to see his scared eyebrow raised high on his forehead in a clear sign of doubt she exclaimed: “What?! It could be! You know… getting sucked into the part and all. I mean everyone else thinks we’re together. We probably were so good that we even fooled ourselves. It could happen!”

He continued to give her his cynical look.

“Look, what do you want me to say?” she asked exasperated.

“Why did you kiss me?” He questioned taking a step toward her.

“I was drunk!” She quickly defended herself. “And needy cause of my mom and all, it doesn’t count.”

“Fine! What about in there?” He tilted his head towards the kitchen.

“You kissed me!” Her finger travelled to point at him before pointing at herself. “It would be… impolite not to kiss back.”

“You kissed me back because it was impolite not to?!” He asked incredulous. “And the groping on the counter? Part of the politeness too?”

“Yes.” She answered raising her chin high, trying to sound as honest as possible.

“Luv, you hate me, remember? Since when do you care about being polite to me?”

She had no answer to that, she simply pouted and remained still as he closed the distance between them and towered over her.

“Tell the truth, pet… You wanted me just as bad as I wanted you, didn’t you?” He continued his questioning in a low, husky voice.

“Ha!” She’d wanted it to sound filled with contempt, but it came out weak, feeble as he came closer until he was mere inches from her. “Don’t flatter yourself.” She said in a low voice, not daring to look up at him, and staring down at her fluffy bunny-shaped slipper. ‘Oh, what interesting slippers I have. Hey, my left shoe is missing an eye! Funny, never noticed it. Funny, funny, funny.’ She tried all the diversions she could think of in order to calm herself, but nothing seemed to work as his scent hovered around her, intoxicating her. ‘Funny little slippers… Oh, for Christ sake stop shaking.’ She scolded herself.

She trembled as his index finger came under her chin to push it upwards, forcing her to look up at him.

“Ok, tell you what. I give you full permission not to be polite to me. So… if I kiss you right now you’re not obliged in any way to return the favour, ok?”

She didn’t answer; just stared up at him, waiting. Slowly, the hand that still rested on her chin moved behind her to stop on the back of her neck, his other arm snaking around her waist to pull her to him. With nerve-wracking laziness, he leaned in and after what seemed like an eternity, their lips came into contact. He brushed his lips over hers in small, excruciatingly innocent pecks, refusing to deepen the kiss. It was her move to make, but she never did. He could feel his body just begging him to grab her tighter and just crush her against the door and to hell with his male ego, but he fought the urge that was quickly becoming painfully obvious by the sudden lack of room in his pants.

‘Fluffy bunnies, funny fluffy bunnies. Don’t think about Spike, ignore Spike, don’t kiss back, think of fluffy funny bunnies… missing an eye.’ She ordered her body. But her resolve started to crumble as he slowly pushed her against the front door and pressed his entire body against hers. Her heart skipped a beat as she felt something hard pressing against her lower abdomen; his hand, which had until now rested on her lower back came up around her side *accidentally* brushing over her breast as it made its way to her neck.

That was it! Her brain just went into hormone-induced overdrive automatically shutting down, letting her body take over. Her arms flew around him to grip the back of his neck as she parted her lips and slipped her tongue into his mouth.

Spike let out a surprised groan as their tongues ravenously brushed against each other. His arms instantly dropped to her thighs and scooped her off the floor, her nightgown hitching up to her waist as her legs quickly wrapped around him.

As they hungrily kissed and battled, breathing became an issue and Buffy pulled away for a quick intake of air, giving Spike just enough time to say with a cocky attitude:

“I knew you’d cave in. I just-“

“Shut up, Spike.” She mumbled before crushing his mouth with hers.

They returned to their heated kissing and soon she was pushing and pulling at his t-shirt. They broke the kiss just long enough to get the black fabric over his head, quickly coming back to claim each others mouths.

His fingers dug into her pale thighs with bruising force, leaving bright red marks as they moved over the tender skin there.

“Mmmm… “ Buffy hummed into his mouth as she tried to speak, but he wouldn’t let her go.

Eventually, she pulled back and pointed up the stairs.

“Bedroom…” She managed to breathe.

Spike nodded before pulling her for another hungry kiss.

“Mmm… Spike!” She insisted avoiding his mouth

“What?!” He asked in a haze.

“The bedroom… Put me down?”

After the few seconds that were needed to rewire his brain into coherent thought mode, he tilted his head and asked her with a serious tone, "You’re not gonna change your mind are you?” He almost pleaded. “I mean, if you want to you can! It’s just that… “ He pouted slightly and gave her the lost puppy look as he begged: “Please don’t change your mind…”

She couldn’t help but smile as she shook her head.

“You sure?”

She nodded.

Apparently, satisfied with her answer he set her down on the floor.

“And they’ll be no answering the phone.” He suddenly remembered.

“I won’t answer the phone. We’ll just let it ring, even if it’s my mom telling me that she’s coming home.” She giggled as she made her way up the stairs.

“Ok, maybe we can answer the phone.” He changed his mind as he followed her.

Chapter 21



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note: In this chapter there’s one scene which is partially taken form one of my all time favourite movies. Anyway, it’s just this one line which I just LOVE!!! So if you find something vaguely familiar about it, it’s because it’s from that movie. See if you can guess which one it is… You get a cookie if you do! ;)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The moment they entered the room and she closed the door behind her, she found herself being snagged into Spike’s arms. Never giving her a chance to say or do anything, he pulled her close, bringing his mouth over hers in for another bruising kiss. His fingers dug tunnels through her thick hair as he desperately tried to have her closer to him. He stumbled slightly backwards as she pressed her palms against his bare chest, anxiously pushing him toward the bed. He toppled onto the mattress with a loud thud, Buffy tumbling right after him causing him to exhale sharply. Her hands immediately scurried down from his chest to the buckle of his belt, nervously fumbling with it while he tugged and pulled at her long nightgown.

He let out a ragged breath when she managed to unbutton his pants and reached inside, much like she had done a few hours before. Her small hand instantly encircled him while she looked up to find him with his head thrown back, his mouth slightly opened as soft moans came from it as she began to slowly pump him.

He swallowed hard and tried to push back his emotions, returning to the task of getting her nightgown off, but it proved to be extremely challenging under her ministrations.

Looking down on the girl straddling him, he tried to ignore what she was doing to him as his shaking hands travelled from her calves up to her tanned thighs, tugging at the white fabric that covered them in the process. He paused being momentarily disconcerted by the feel of her warm tongue on his neck. After a few seconds, his fingers finally found their way to her back and slipped under her cotton panties, pulling them down. His eyes rolled back as she let her entire weight rest on his chest, her small breasts crushed against his so he could push the white fabric all the way down her soft legs.

As soon as they were off, Buffy sat up straight and proceeded with tugging at his pants. She struggled with his large combat boots but soon they too, along with the denims, were discarded to the floor near her underwear.

She was about to straddle him again when he quickly flipped her over to pin her, hovering over her, strong arms on either side of her to support his weight. One of his hands abandoned the mattress to travel over her shoulder, around the side of her ribcage, down her thighs to reach the edge of her nightgown.

She held her breath as he lazily made his way back up her legs, his fingertips now under the white material, caressing her skin until they reached her hipbone.

His right leg dipped between hers and pushed them apart, opening her up to his fingers which slowly came to crawl on the inside of her thighs.

She let out a hungry groan as she realised he was avoiding the part of her that most ached for his touch. She mentally scolded herself for her needy reaction as she looked upwards to find his trademark cocky grin on his lips. But before she could say anything, one long index finger found its way to the spot where her legs came together.

“Ah!” She breathed as he pushed her lips apart and slowly traced unrecognisable paths over her swollen flesh. “Please…” She hated herself for asking, but she couldn’t help it.

Her regret soon vanished as he plunged his finger into her core, causing her to instinctively arch her back off the mattress. She moaned under his touch and he had to use all of his strength to stop himself from just skipping the whole foreplay session and just take her right then and there. Instead, he leaned in and took her mouth in a hard and ravenous kiss, while his fingers continued to rub, caress and tease her. He almost lost control as he felt her moan against his lips. God, she made such delicious noises! They just drove him insane!

Without thinking, she spread her legs wider in a clear inviting sign; her hips thrusting against his hand with desperate urgency. But she needed more, she needed… Her trembling hand reached for his and pulled it away.

Spike abruptly stopped kissing her to look at her from under a worried frown:

“Did I hurt you? A-Are you ok? D-do you wanna-“

He stopped in mid sentence as her miniscule hand grabbed his cock and placed it at her entrance.

“Oh…” He realised as he brought his arms to rest on the mattress symmetrically to his other one and bent down to kiss her once again.

“Do you have… you know?” She nervously broke the kiss to ask.

Spike froze. ‘Damn it! How could I forget? Stupid!’

“I-I’m not sure.” He stuttered as he got off the bed and bent over to pick up his discarded pants.

He anxiously shoved his hands into the back pockets and took out his wallet.

“Could you turn on the light?” He asked. God, he hated this part.

It was just so awkward. If he did have a condom, she would probably think he thought she was easy and that he was expecting to get some. If he didn’t have one… well, he’d pretty much be pissed at himself for the rest of his life. He didn’t know which of the options he preferred.

When she turned on the lamp he immediately started to nervously dig through his wallet, pushing his fingers into every available compartment. He couldn’t help but let out a sigh of relief as he found the blue and white wrapper. Well, he guessed he preferred the first option then.

Buffy inhaled sharply seeing him opening the small package to take out the piece of rubber inside and quickly looked away, her face flushed as he proceeded with slipping the condom on. She turned back to face him when she felt the mattress shift under his weight.

She lay back as he crawled over her, his hands coming to frame her face as he took his place between her legs. He bent down and lightly kissed her as he slowly lowered his hips, the tip of his cock pushing past her folds to slip inside.

“Bloody hell!” He groaned into the nape of her neck, his eyes rolling back, his mouth gaping open as her heat enveloped him. “…Cor, you’re so… Oh, God! So bloody… tight” He had to force the words out as he was suddenly out of breath.

Buffy’s eyes went wide as he entered her, feeling herself being stretched out to her limits, the sound of his low, hoarse voice making her skin tighten with goose bumps. A strange mixture of hungry desire and womanly pride ranging through her veins at the sight of him hopelessly moaning and incoherently babbling on top of her.

Pretty soon, she was the one mewling as he slowly started to glide in and out of her slick channel. She held her breath, feeling him move inside of her, in a slow steady pace at first, but it quickly grew in intensity and speed, as he plunged deeper and harder into her with each thrust.

Her hands flew to the back of his arms, clawing and scraping at them as the strange sensation grew inside of her. She had never felt anything like this and it was overwhelming the ease with which he made her feel it.

Spike moved faster and harder, pushing his hips forward to meet hers as he drove into her. She was so tight, so hot… better than anything he could have imagined. He swallowed hard, his Adam’s apple bobbing up and down as he tried to focus on something other than the small creature moaning under him, clawing at his arms, his back. God, it seemed impossible! Closing his eyes he mumbled in his thoughts: ‘Think of something else! Think of something else you wanker, or this is definitely not going to last. Bad things! Lifetime without smoking, being naked in front of the whole student body, seeing my da naked, my da having-'

“Ah!” Her cry of pleasure broke through his cloud of thoughts and he found himself on the verge of… ‘If she keeps making those sexy noises and wiggling under me, I’m not-‘

He let out a deep groan as one of her hands came to cup his ass, his eyes shooting wide open to stare down at her. He almost came at the mere sight of her. She was flushed, her eyes shut, her neck arched back, exposing her beautiful neck to him, her mouth opening and closing as she panted wildly.

“Spike… Don’t stop… please, don’t stop… please… God, this is so-”

Spike’s hand came to cover her mouth.

“Please...” He begged her breathless as he continued to thrust into her. “Luv… don’t… I can’t- Ouch!” He cried out as he felt her bite into the palm of his hand. “Bloody hell-“

“Stop calling me that!” She grumbled slapping him across the arm.

“What?” He asked frozen inside of her.

“Luv and pet and… Betty.” The last word came out dripping with repressed anger. “I know it’s hard to remember my name with all the-“

He smiled and lowered himself to softly whisper in her hear:

“I know you’re name, Buffy.”

She froze at the sound of her own name on his lips. It felt so… Her mind stopped functioning as he restarted moving inside of her, pushing in and out of her in an excruciatingly slow pace as his teeth captured her earlobe and lightly nibbled at it.

Her legs hooked behind his knees as she felt herself growing tighter with each stroke. Her eyes shot open when she felt him sneak his hand between their bodies and… what was he- Oh God that felt…

“Ah, Spike… What are you…? Oh, God…” She mumbled. “I… never… Ah!” She cried out feeling the energy that had been building in her core shoot out to course through her entire body, making her arch her back off the mattress and she bucked uncontrollably.

“Bloody hell, Buffy… so tight! Buffy…” He growled, felling her inner muscles clamp down around him and thrusting hard into her a couple more times before he let himself come.

He collapsed on top of her in a pool of sweat, pulling ragged breaths from his lungs as he finally came down from his orgasm. When her soft moan reached his ears though, he forced his weight onto his forearms and stared down at the flushed girl laying under him.

“Are you ok?” He managed to ask between pants.

She simply nodded as her breathing prevented her from saying a word.

Slowly, he slipped out of her warm channel and rolled over to lie on his back next to her. They stared at the ceiling in silence, their combined gasps being the only thing breaking the stillness.

Buffy felt her heart race in her chest when he shifted on the bed turning his back to her. ‘What is he doing? Is he just gonna turn over and sleep? Why that little- Oh!’ She stopped her mental bashing as she realised what he was doing. ‘Condom… right.’

She calmed down when, out of the corner of her eyes, she saw him turn on his side, facing her. ‘Oh God! I think I liked it better with the turning away.’ She thought as he stared intensely at her. Swallowing hard she dared to look at him.

“So…” He started in a low, husky voice.

‘Oh God, what a voice!’ She suddenly noticed how every time he spoke she felt the goose bumps on her flesh grow.

“That was…” He tried to make conversation.

“…amazing!” It was out of her mouth before she could help it.

A proud smile curled his lips.

“Thanks, luv-Buffy!” He corrected himself in time as he swung his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

She slowly turned towards him, burying her face in his chest and inhaling his scent. Man, he even smelled good after all the sweating!

Seeing her close her eyes, he reached for the lamp on the nightstand and turned it off, the moon being the only source of light in the entire room. Slowly, the two drifted into sleep as Spike lazily drew small circles on her cotton covered back.


~+~




He let the smoke whirl around in his lungs for a long time before he exhaled. He leaned on the porch and looked dazed at the cars that passed by. Taking one last puff from his cigarette, he dropped the butt to the floor and crushed it with his boots before entering the house. He bent down for a moment picking up his balled up duster and shirt and jogged up the stairs.

A soft smile spread over his lips at the sight of Buffy’s sleeping form. Quickly, he discarded all of his clothes and slipped into bed, spooning against her.

Buffy awoke, under the covers, to the wonderful feeling of long warm arms entangled around her, a lean, hard body pressed against her back. Instinctively, she pushed her hips backwards trying to stretch out. A low growl reached her ears as she felt something harder poke her behind.

“Morning, pet.” A deep, manly voice breathed in her ear sending shivers down her back.

“Morning!” She answered with a sleep filled voice.

She felt her heart start to race as the memories of what had happened the night before dawned on her. ‘Oh, my God! I had sex with Spike! Oh, my God! Oh, my God!’

The feel of him drawing lazy circles over her cotton-covered belly broke through her incessant mantra. He slowly pressed against her back; the arm he had flung over her waist tightening around her while his free hand came to push her hair away from her neck. He snuggled his nose into the tender flesh there before his tongue darted out to lick her all the way up to her earlobe.

Without thinking, she let out a moan, her hand resting over his as their fingers entangled together. Her heat pounded wildly as she slowly guided his hand from her stomach over to her breast, encouraging him to cup the soft mound. He growled into her ear, squeezing it lightly as he pushed his hips into her backside, showing her hard evidence of the effect she had on him.

His hands abandoned her breast to travel downwards and pull at her nightgown before dipping between her thighs; long fingers pushing her moist lips apart to rub against the small bundle of nerves hidden there.

He bit into her earlobe as she squeezed her legs together preventing him from moving.

“It’s late…” She moaned looking at the alarm-clock on her nightstand through hooded eyes. “My mom…”

“She said she’d be late…” He mewled.

“But…” She tried to protest but her body seemed to have other ideas as her legs relaxed giving him room to move. “… she might…” Her mind drew a complete blank as she felt him drive his finger into her soaked entrance.

He slowly pushed in and out of her, the palm of his hand rubbing against her clit as he moved. His arm awkwardly tried to pull her nightgown upwards to uncover her back, without abandoning his ministrations. After a few tries he was successful.

Buffy struggled for breath when she felt him press against her ass, his hard member easily slipping between her cheeks to rest at her drenched entrance. A moment of clarity flashed in her mind and she managed to whimper as she felt him try to push himself into her:

“Wait!”

Spike groaned but immediately stopped.

“Do you have another one?” She felt the flush travel up her neck to flood her cheek.

“Bloody hell!” He cursed at himself and then turned to her with a weak voice: “No… that was the only one.”

Buffy let out a disappointed mewl.

“Don’t you have one?”

He felt his heart skip a beat when she shook head.

“Your mom?”

“Ew! No!” She immediately exclaimed twisting her face for a disgusted look.

“Just asking… I mean if she’s been going out-“

“Spike, you’re ruining any chance of getting laid today.” Buffy grumbled turning her head to face him.

“Is that so?” He asked cocking his scarred eyebrow as he moved his hand which still rested between her legs and pushed inside her again.

“Ah…” She moaned closing her eyes at the feeling.

He slowly crawled down her back, trailing soft kisses over her exposed skin. Buffy groaned when he slipped his hand away from her core causing him to smile into her flesh as his lips brushed around her waist to find her lower abdomen, turning her to lie on her back.

Buffy’s eyes grew wide when she realised what he was planning on doing. She looked down to find his platinum head move lower along her body until it was kissing the inside of her thighs.

“No… Spike…” She hesitated. “I don’t like… that.” She managed to say in a low voice.

Spike’s head popped up between her legs with a furrowed brow.

“You don’t like this?” He asked confused.

“No…” She answered shyly.

“Has anyone ever done it to you?” He continued to question, unaware of her unease on the subject.

“Of course! I wouldn’t say I didn’t like it if I hadn’t tried it.” The embarrassment of the situation quickly grew into anger.

“Are you sure? Cause most girls love-“ He started with a wicked tone.

“I’m not most girls!” She cut him off. The rage boiled inside of her at the thought of him doing that to any other girl. She started to sit up straight, shoving him away with her legs, but he was quicker, snaking his arms around her thighs and pushing them down against the mattress.

“No need to go into ‘gnashing mode’ on me.” He said with a cocky smirk.

“I’m not going into ‘gnashing mode’!” She grumbled pulling her nightgown downward to cover the apex of her thighs, her hand tucking the fabric against her core. “Now let me go!” She tried to pull her legs free from his grip but failed.

He pouted slightly, looking up at her from under heavy eyelids.

“Just for a while…” He started ruining his lips on the inside of her thighs. “If you don’t like it…” His mouth moved upwards until it reached her hand which was still resting between her legs. “I’ll stop…” He finished taking her pinkie into his mouth and suckling lightly.

“No…” Her denial came out feeble as she unconsciously moved her hand away.

Slowly, he let his nose glide over the inside of her thighs until it reached the edge of her nightgown. He dipped under it, pulling it up slightly with the help of one of his hands.

Buffy held her breath as she waited, her weight resting on her forearms. She let out a muffled cry when she finally felt his tongue dart out to lick her outer lips. Her entire body contracted in anticipation when she saw him move closer, his tongue pushing her soft folds apart then, suddenly:

“Buffy! Are you home, honey?”

Her mom’s voice carried through the hall and past her door.

“Oh my God! My mom!” Buffy squealed. “Quick, hide!” She ordered as the bleached teen quickly disentangled himself from her legs and stood up looking for his clothes.

“Honey! Is Spike here?”

“How does you’re mom know I’m here?” Spike stopped dressing for a second to look up at Buffy with a frown.

“How the hell should I know? Now get dressed!” She ordered. Her heart stopped in her throat when she heard her mother’s footsteps come closer and closer and then the doorknob slowly turned.

‘Oh, my God!’