Chapter 25:

They entered the kitchen in complete silence. Buffy pointed at the stool near the isle and Spike took a seat while she opened one of the top cabinets and reached for a first aid kit. She set in on the white surface and opened it; inside there were bandages, some cotton, a pair of scissors and three small bottles– a white, a brown and a red one; Buffy’s fingers reached for the white one first and tilted it into a piece of cotton before leaving it on the counter.

“This will sting a bit.” She warned as she brushed over his broken lip with the white fibre.

He winced for a second at the first contact, but didn’t say a word. As she worked on his injury, Buffy’s mind wondered over what had caused it. She wanted him to tell her, but she was afraid to ask, especially after his reluctance to talk about it at school.

“There. I don’t know if this will work, since it’s already infected…” Buffy muttered, her eyes never leaving the small gash on the corner of his mouth as she reached for the brown bottle and poured part of its content onto another piece of cotton, staining it blood red.

Once again she repeated the motions she had done just seconds before, slowly brushing over the wound.

“Oh, stop being such a baby.” She scolded him when he winced again.

“Hey! It hurts.” He protested, frowning.

“That’s what you get for getting into stupid fights.” She grumbled throwing the two pieces of cotton into the garbage and putting away the first aid kit.

When she was finished tidying up she turned to face him, leaning on the counter, her arms crossed over her chest as she watched him, still sitting on the stool next to the isle.

“Is that all the damage?” She finally asked, desperate to break the awkward silence between them. Why was it that there were some many disconcerting pauses between them?

“What?”

“You’re face. Was that the only damage?” She questioned.

“Why? You planning on nursing my other hidden wounds?” He started with a low voice and narrowed eyes as he let his tongue slide over his lips.

“Erg! You’re disgusting.” She mumbled looking down at the floor.

“So you keep saying.”

They looked at each other for a second before he spoke. His voice was low and serious:

“I’m sorry I yelled at you.” He apologised.

“It’s ok. I told you it’s fine.” She tried to sound nonchalant about it as she turned around to look at the sink.

In a flash, he was by her side, his fingers curled around her arms forcing her to face him.

“I’m sorry.” He repeated looking straight at her.

She swallowed hard and nodded. She felt her knees threatening to buckle beneath her when his hand travelled from her arm to her neck and over her cheek, resting there as his thumb lightly brushed over her growingly flushed skin.

“God, you’re so-“

The two jumped up when they heard the phone ring. Awkwardly, Buffy scurried toward the living room, picking up the receiver.

“Hello? Oh, hey mom. No, I wasn’t doing anything.” She lied, watching from the corner of her eyes as Spike walked into the room.

He sat on the couch and observed her as she twirled the cord between her fingers.

“Oh, ok… No, it’s… um it’s fine. Have a good time. Bye.” With a loud sigh she put the receiver back in place.

“Why the upside down smile?”

“That was my mom.”

“I gathered that much. She’s got a date, huh?”

“Yes.” She exhaled dropping on the couch next to him.

“Still haven’t adjusted to the dating system?” Spike wondered.

“Not, quite.”

Spike was about to say something when she cut him off.

“If you say I’ll get used to it, I swear I will cut something off of you.” She grumbled.

Spike’s eyes widened.

“I’m sorry.” She apologised unenthusiastically. “It’s just that I know I won’t.”

“Wanna talk about it?”

“No.” She immediately answered and then looked up at him. “It’s just so weird, you know? My mom, going out with some random stranger. I mean, he could be a psycho for all she knows… O-or a gigolo!” She offered, to which Spike cocked up and eyebrow. “Ok, so not a gigolo, but a psycho, he-he could be a psycho. Do you know the kind of people who exist out there? Very, very bad people. Oh, my God my mother is dating a psycho.” She said in shock.

“Buffy, calm down. You’re mom is *not* dating a psycho.” Spike reassured her.

“How do you know?” She looked at him accusingly.

“I don’t but-“

“A-ha!” She piped up triumphantly.

“Buffy…” He tilted his head sides and gave her a disapproving look.

“I don’t want my mom to have a boyfriend. It’s yucky!” She pouted.

Spike unconsciously wet ran his tongue over his lips as he watched her. She had no idea just how irresistible she looked when she did that.

“What?” She asked when the staring became too uncomfortable. “Oh, my God! Do I have something coming out of my nose?” Her right hand immediately came up to cover her face.

“No! You’re fine.” He calmed her. “I was just…”

“Staring?” She offered, letting her hand drop to her lap.

A soft smile curved his lips as he continued to watch her.

Buffy felt the butterflies flutter in her stomach under his heavy stare, when suddenly he was up.

“I better go.” He said all of a sudden.

“Go? Why?” She questioned confused.

“I got… stuff.” He lied, he knew that if he stayed in that house for one more minute he wouldn’t be able to stop himself from kissing her and he had decided it was *her* turn to come after *him*.

“Stuff? Again? What is it this time?” A hint of annoyance squeezed itself into her voice.

“Just stuff.”

“Fine!” She grumbled as she started to storm off out of the room.

“What do you mean fine?” He called after her.

“What is it with these secrets all of a sudden? And don’t tell me there aren’t any. You walk around school talking to Andrew and then you skip classes saying you have stuff to do and the next day you show up with a purple face.” She pointed at his cheekbone.

“Buffy…”

“What’s happening?” She insisted.

“I can’t tell you.” He answered truthfully.

“Why not?” She tried as hard as she could not to make it sound whiny and childish.

“I just can’t.”

Buffy stared in disbelief at him.

“I better go.” He said walking over to the front door and letting himself out, leaving a frozen Buffy behind.


~+~


“And he just left me there going all ‘how in the hell did this just happen?’. One moment we were talking and the next he’s out the door.” Buffy grumbled into the receiver. “I don’t know what’s happening. All of a sudden he’s gone all cryptic guy and-and…”

“Breathe, Buffy, breathe.” Willow coaxed.

“I just feel all grrr.” She growled into the phone.

“Do you want me to come over?”

“No thanks, Will. I’m sorry you have to listen to my constant moaning and groaning.”

“I like your moaning.” Realising the possible interpretations of what she had just said Willow quickly added: “In a very non-gay way, of course.”

“Of course. Well, I better go to bed then.”

“It’s ten o’clock.”

“I know, but there is nothing else to do.” Buffy yawned loudly just as she restarted saying her goodbye. “See you tomorrow, Wills.”

“Bye, Buffy.”


~+~


Buffy rolled to her side and smashed her hand against the alarm clock. Grumbling something unintelligible she sat up on the bed, clumsily brushing away the wild strands of hair that covered her face. She practically jolted off the bed when she realised someone was sitting on the mattress right next to her.

“God, mom! You scared me half to death!” Buffy yelled as she rested her hand over her racing heart.

“I-I’m sorry, honey!”

“How long have you been sitting there?” The teen questioned pressing her fingers against her eyelids and blinking a couple of times before focussing her gaze back on her mother.

“Not too long…” Mrs. Summers trailed off.

There was a moment of silence between the two as they watched each other. Buffy frowned when she saw her mother nervously fidget with the hem of her blouse.

“Mom…? What do you want to tell me?” Buffy began, tilting her head.

“Buffy, we need to talk about something.”

“Oh, my God! You’re pregnant!” Buffy exclaimed wide-eyed.

“What?!”

“You’re pregnant! I just knew it!” The teen continued without attempting to mask her anxiety attack.

“Buffy, calm down. I’m not pregnant.” Mrs. Summers reassured her.

“Oh, thank God!” Buffy exhaled sharply.

“It’s something else… It’s about… my… hum boyfriend…” Mrs. Summers paused when she heard a groan coming from her daughter. “Yes, Buffy, you are old enough to know that I have a *boyfriend*.”

“Oh, please don’t say that word…” she whined crunching up her facial muscles.

“Well, it’s what he is.”

“Fine… Whatever…” Buffy grumbled crossing her arms over her chest and waiting for her mother to continue.

“Anyway… we’ve been seeing each other for over two months now and-“

“Two months? Since when have you been going out for two months?” Buffy piped up in surprise.

“I wanted to tell you sooner, but I was afraid of how you would react.”

The two eyed each other for a while before Joyce carried on:

“We’ve been seeing each other for over two months a-and I-I’m very fond of him…”

“Fond of him?” Buffy cocked up her eyebrow, but seeing the dirty look her mother threw in her direction, she decided it was in her best interest to shut up.

“I like him Buffy… and I think it’s time… I think it’s time you two met.” She suddenly blurted out.

“What?!”

“I’ve arranged for us to have a nice, quiet dinner tonight so you two can… talk and get to know each other.” Mrs. Summers continued with a firmer tone.

“But, mom… I don’t want to meet-“

“Buffy, this is very important for me.” Joyce insisted. “And I would appreciate it if you did me this favour.”

Buffy pouted as she listened to her mother, but seeing the fear in the older woman’s eyes made her heart melt and eventually, she nodded and sighed:

“Fine… I’ll be a good little girl. I’ll meet him.”

“Oh, thank you so much, Buffy. I’m so proud of you, honey!” Mrs. Summers brought her hands together for one single clap before leaning in and placing a kiss on Buffy’s cheek. “I’ll see you after school.” She waved as she stood up and left the room.

“Great… just great.” Buffy mumbled as she climbed out of bed.


~+~


“So you’re gonna meet your mom’s boyfriend?” Willow asked as she sat next to Buffy on the bleachers.

“Don’t call him that, Will.” Buffy grumbled as she squinted, her eyes scanning the football field. She was sure Spike had gym class during that period.

“What? That’s what he is, right?”

“Yes. But it just sounds… *wrong*! Very wrong!”

“Well, what do you want to call him?”

“How about the evil he-man who wants to steal my mom away from me?” Buffy offered with a forced grin.

“That sounds good. But it’s kinda long.” Willow joined in the sarcasm.

“Yeah, but still better than *boyfriend*.” Buffy practically chewed the word out as she continued to search the field.

She felt her heart jump to her throat when she saw a herd of teenagers coming from the locker rooms to flood the field.

“Oh, there’s Xander!” Willow piped up and the teen slouched his way after the rest of the group. “Doesn’t he look yummy in his grey shorts?” She mocked as both girls cringed simultaneously.

Xander looked up at the stands and a huge smile lit up his face as he waved at them and they returned the greeting.

Willow watched from the corner of her eyes as Buffy scanned the small crowd on the field.

“He’s not there.” Willow said in a low voice.

“Huh? What?” Buffy shook her head and turned to face her best friend.

“Spike… I talked to Xander… He skipped classes today.”

“Oh…” Buffy tried to sound nonchalant about it.

“You worried about him?” Willow asked after a short pause.

“No.” The blonde answered straightaway, but seeing the smile on Willow’s face she grumbled: “Ok, so I’m a little worried.”

“I’m sure there is a good reason why he hasn’t been telling you stuff.”

“He better!” Buffy said with a threatening tone.

The two sat in silence, watching as Xander was barely able to do four sit-ups in a row.

“It’s just that…” Buffy started out of the blue. “He’s just been acting so strange and…” She trailed off feeling a bit silly. “He’s… hum… distant…”

Willow didn’t say anything. She knew her friend needed to talk and so she remained in silence, hugging her knees.

“Ever since… you know, *that* night… he hasn’t tried anything.”

“Has he been pulling away?” Willow had to ask.

“No… he just hasn’t been very… you know…”

The blank look on Willow’s face told her she would have to elaborate on the subject.

“He hasn’t tried anything…” Buffy grumbled. “Well, he does start… but we never get to finish.” Buffy said frustrated. “It’s either my mom coming home, or the phone, or an impending fight…”

“You want to get to… finish?” Willow questioned.

“I-I… Oh, who am I trying to fool – God, Yes!” Buffy exclaimed burying her flushed face in her hands.

Willow couldn’t help but giggle.

“It was amazing!” Buffy sighed getting a dreamy look on her face. “You know how I used to say that sex wasn’t all that was cracked up to be in the movies…” Willow nodded. “Well, I lied! It *is* all that’s cracked up to be!”

“So… it was good?” The redhead questioned.

Buffy bit her lip and then nodded enthusiastically. The two girls giggled wildly as they continued their conversation.

“What about you and Oz?” Buffy was finally able to ask once she regained control over herself.

“We’re still waiting for the right moment.” Willow answered with a low voice and a grin on her face.

“I’m sure it’ll be amazing for you too.” Buffy assured her leaning into her friend and giving her a light shove with her shoulder.


~+~


Buffy let out a deep sighed as she dragged her feet across the threshold and let her backpack drop to the floor on her way to the couch.

“Hey, honey!”

Buffy sat up straight to see her mother standing in the hall.

“Mom, you’re home early!” The teen noted.

“Yes, I wanted to make sure everything was perfect for tonight.” Mrs. Summers explained, unable to hide the anxiety from her tone.

Buffy stood up and walked over to her mother.

“Everything *is* going to be perfect. Don’t worry.” She assured her before wrapping her arms around her for a hug.

“I’m glad you are taking this so well.”

“Well, I have no choice, if you like him…” Buffy shrugged as she walked past her mother. “I’ll take a shower.”

“Ok, honey.”


~+~


She let the warm droplets race down her back as she leaned her forehead on the wall and inhaled sharply. Reluctantly, she reached for the faucet and turned it, the string of water cascading on her coming to an abrupt halt. While one small hand ran through her soaked hair, the other reached for the white towel.

A cloud of smoke flooded the hall when she opened the bathroom door and headed down to her bedroom. She let her tired body drop numbly onto the mattress as she stared up at the ceiling, her stomach doing strange flip-flopping motions at the thought of meeting… it. She cringed as she pictured a disgusting forty year-old, bald man wearing a myriad of golden strings around his neck as a black mass of chest hair peeked from a half open silk shirt.

“No… mom would never be that desperate.” Buffy tried to convince herself.

She was snapped from her thoughts by the sharp ringing sound coming from the phone on her nightstand. Rolling on the bed she reached for it.

“Hello? Hey, Wills.” She greeted.

“So, is he there yet?” An anxious Willow asked.

“Nope. But he should be here any minute now.” Buffy grumbled as she looked at the alarm clock.

“Well, you know I’ll be here waiting for you to call and tell me all about what an absolutely horrid person *it* is.”

Buffy couldn’t help giggling at the name they had finally chosen for the stranger who was dating her mother.

“Don’t worry! I’ll keep you in the loop. I’m sure after tonight I’ll really need to vent out a bit.” The blonde reassured her.

“I’ll be waiting.” Willow responded with a peppy tone.

A moment of pause filtered between them before the redhead asked:

“Any news on the British front?”

“No.” Buffy answered in a low voice. “I think he skipped classes all day.”

“Are you gonna call him?”

“No!” She answered immediately.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure, Willow.” Buffy grumbled.

“Ok... Talk to you later then.”

“Later.”

“Bye.”

Buffy let out a deep sigh as she set down the receiver and stood up to investigate her wardrobe.

“What to wear…” She wondered out loud as her fingers travelled over the sweaters and jumpers.

Eventually she settled for the casual look. If she was going to have to endure a night of seeing her mother making lovey-dovey eyes at *it*, she might as well feel comfortable.

She let the towel drop to the floor as she slipped on her panties, quickly followed by her old, worn-out blue jeans. Stumbling her way to the dresser, she searched the various drawers until she found what she was looking for.

With the blow-dryer in one hand she let her head fall and started brushing her hair. After a few minutes she stood up straight, watching in the mirror as her hair cascaded down her back. Satisfied with the end result, she put the dryer away and reached for her turtleneck sweater. A light knock on the door was heard.

“Yeah?” Buffy’s voice was muffled by the red fabric as it slipped past her jaw.

“Buffy? Hurry up, they’ll be here any minute!”

“Ok, mom!” She grumbled before her eyes lit up and she frowned: “They?” She asked out loud as she put on one of her shoes.

She mumbled something unintelligible when she looked around the room and failed to find the rest of the pair. She froze when she heard the doorbell ring.

“Oh, God! It’s here!” She braced herself before dropping to her knees.

She looked under the bed, the dresser and finally under the wardrobe:

“There you are.” She said triumphantly as she grabbed the missing shoe and put it on.

Taking in a deep breath she headed for the door and made her way downstairs. She almost tripped on the last step when she saw who was standing in the hall nervously running his hands through his hair.

“Spike? What are you doing here?” She asked as he turned around, a desperate look plastered on his face. “What happened?”

“Buffy, is that you?” She heard her mother call from the living room.

Awkwardly, she pulled at the sleeve of his duster, dragging him closer to the staircase and away from the living room.

“Hum… Spike this isn’t a very good time for this. My mom is expecting company and-“

She was cut off by the sight of her mother entering the hall.

“Mom!” She jumped up. “Spike was just leaving…” She trailed off when she saw a man walk in after Mrs. Summers. “Mr. Giles?” She frowned recognising him. Then turning to the blonde teen still standing in front of her she questioned in a low voice: “Spike? What’s you’re father doing here?”

When she didn’t get an answer she looked back at her mother. She watched as the older woman blushed furiously, her gaze buried in the wooden floor. She felt the air being pushed out of her chest when she saw Mr. Giles rest his hand over her mother’s shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

“Mom?” She managed to breathe as realisation hit her.

“Buffy… I-I would like you to meet Rupert Giles…” Joyce swallowed hard before she added in a faltering voice: “… my boyfriend.”


Chapter 26:



Buffy stared intensely at her plate, unable to look up and face the awkwardness that surrounded the dinner table and seemed to drain all the healthy air from the room.

“So…” Giles’ voice echoed off the walls, breaking the uncomfortable silence that engulfed all four of them. “I hear homecoming dance is tomorrow night…”

When Spike didn’t answer, Buffy found herself being pressured to do so in his place so she mumbled meekly:

“Yes…”

“You two must be really excited, no?” The older man continued enquiring as he nervously adjusted his glasses for the millionth time that night.

“Not really. Homecoming dance usually sucks, *big time*.” It was out of her mouth before she could help it.

She winced at the sound of her own voice. She hadn’t meant for it to sound so… arrogant and blasé.

“Oh… I-I see.” He stuttered, returning his attention to the plate in front of him.

The unbearable silence returned and Buffy, still feeling guilty over her retort quickly tried to make up by adding:

“But afterwards we’re going to Cordelia’s. She organises a party every year… to compensate for the lousy dance.” For the first time that evening, the petite blonde looked up in Giles’ direction.

“Is Spike taking you to that party too?” The question seemed only natural, but Buffy’s brain was stuck on the small word at the very end of it – *too*.

Truth was they hadn’t actually talked about the homecoming dance. It had been a hectic week and between Spike running off to God-knows-where and all the fighting, they hadn’t had anytime to discuss the subject. Were they going to the dance together? Were they going as a couple or as part of the ‘piss off Dru and Angel’ plan? She didn’t really know, but apparently, Spike’s father did. ‘Great! My mom’s *boyfriend* knows more about my private dilemmas than I do.’ She protested inwardly.

“I don’t know.” She answered. “We haven’t really had time to talk about that.” She spoke looking directly at Giles, trying hard to ignore the image she picked up from the corner of her eyes.

Spike sat next to her and had pretty much kept to himself and his plate for the entire night, but at her response he had suddenly looked up and was now apparently staring at her.

“Buffy…” Mrs. Summers stepped in as the motherly concern kicked in. “I don’t know if I want you going to these parties alone. I know how these things are… they’re all wild a-and dangerous…”

“Willow and Xander will be there to protect me from the wildness and the… hum… dangerousness.” Buffy frowned at the last word. Was that an actual word?

“Even so… I-I don’t-”

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Summers, I’ll keep an eye on her.” Spike finally spoke, causing all three pair of eyes to turn their attention on him.

“Well… I-I guess that’s settled then.” Giles said with a content grin as he finished his dinner and set his fork and knife sideways on his plate before turning to Joyce. “Dinner was wonderful, hon-“ He stopped himself as he heard the two teens let out a simultaneous groan. “-Joyce.” He corrected himself.

“Thank you.” She replied in a low voice as her cheeks quickly gained a bright red colour. Turning to Spike as she began to stand, she asked: “Spike, could you please help me clear the table?”

Buffy’s eyes went wide. She was going to leave her alone in the room with Mr. Giles? Oh, no she wouldn’t!

“I’ll do it!” the blonde girl immediately pushed her chair back and prepared to stand when she felt Joyce’s strong hand lightly push her downwards.

“Spike can help me, can’t you?” She insisted, throwing a soft smile in the young teen’s direction.

“Hum… Sure.” Spike replied awkwardly standing up and gathering the remaining dishes.

Buffy felt her heart race in her chest at the prospect of being left alone with… *it*… who happened to be Spike’s father. 'Oh, God! The horrible silence!’ She thought as she watched her mother and Spike leave the room.

“So…” Giles started in a meek attempt to make small talk. “H-how’s school?”

“It’s ok.” She answered, her eyes glued to the striped towel.

“Good. A-And your friend… hum… what’s her name… Willow?”

“She’s ok too.”

“Good.”

‘God, kill me know and end my suffering.’

In the meantime, in the kitchen…

“How are things going in school?”

“’s ok.” Spike mumbled his response as he handed the older woman the dirty dishes he had collected from the table.

“Are you sure…? What about….?” Joyce pointed at his broken lip.

“Fell.” He answered dryly.

“Some fall. To bruise your right cheekbone and split the right side of your mouth without leaving so much as a scratch on your nose.” She wondered out loud. There was no threat or doubt in her voice, it sounded as a simple statement, without any reprehension.

“You know how things are...” Spike replied, leaning on the counter.

“I guess I do. Could you take the ice-cream from the freezer please?”

He nodded and did as she had asked him.

“Thanks.”

Joyce took a spoon into her hand and scooped an equal amount of ice-cream into four different cups, when she was finished she handed the container back to him and he placed it in the freezer. Taking two cups into her hands and signalling him to take the other two she stopped for a second before she went into the living room.

“I hope you don’t have anymore of those nasty falls.”

Spike couldn’t help but smile as he replied:

“I’ll try.”

~+~

“What about the other boy… the little one with colourful hair… hum? Osborne?”

“Oz?” Buffy questioned nervously tapping her spoon on the table.

“Y-yes! That’s the one.”

“He’s ok, too. He’s in a band.”

“Oh!” Giles replied.

Buffy practically pooled off her seat in relief when she saw her mother and Spike walk into the living room.

‘Thank, God! I was running out of friends to talk about.’

“Oh, chocolate cookie.” Giles piped up, clearly relieved also. “If you guys want, there is more in the kitchen.” Joyce explained as she took her seat next to Giles.

All four dug into their respective icecreams, trying to ignore the God-awful silence that spread all around them. Eventually, Joyce attempted to put them out of their misery:

“Buffy…”

The teen snapped her head to look up at her mom:

“Yes?”

“This party at Cordelia’s… What time is it?”

“Probably around eleven. We’ll try to leave the dance a bit early.” Buffy answered with a faltering tone as she gave her mother a pleading look. ‘Please. Don’t embarrass me in front of them… Please!’ She begged her telepathically.

“I-It’s a little late isn’t it? What time are you planning on coming home?” Mrs. Summers tried to hide the worry from her voice.

“I-I don’t know. Hum… four-ish?” Buffy tried, her eyebrows coming together for a desperate frown.

“Four in the morning?!” The older woman’s practically squeaked in amazement.

“Well, I-I could come… hum… I-I”

“I’ll look after her. Plus I’ll be driving her home and I promise I won’t drink.” Spike interrupted Buffy’s incoherent mumbling to everyone’s surprise.

There was a long moment of silence as the two teens waited for Joyce’s response:

“I don’t know…”

“It is homecoming and it’s their senior year…” It was Giles’ turn to step in.

Mrs. Summers looked at him for a few second and then sat up straight.

“Ok, then! But I want you in your room by four, young lady!” Joyce reassured her.

“Oh, thank you, thank you!” Buffy exclaimed as she came around the table to give her mother a bear hug before sitting back down.

She dared to look at Spike for a split second and she felt her stomach flip-flop when she realised he was staring back at her. Thank you. She mouthed before blushing furiously and burying her gaze back in the bowl in front of her.

“Who wants coffee?” Mrs. Summers asked standing from the table.

This time Buffy was faster than she could have expected and the teen was already on her feet with the four cups in her hands and heading for the kitchen before her mother could say anything.

~+~

“Mr. Giles is *it*?!” Willow squealed into the receiver, causing Buffy to grimace and pulled the phone away from her ear for a second.

“For the 1000th time, Willow – Yes!”

“I just can’t believe it! Mr. Giles and your mom doing-“

“Willow, if you have any wish for me to actually retain some sort of emotional stability in the future, please refrain from finishing that thought.” Buffy grumbled.

“Oh! Sorry!” Willow piped up. “It’s just-“

“Sick? Repulsive? Hideous? Hum…? Apocalyptic?” She offered.

“Come on Buffy. It’s not apocalyptic. Repulsive and sick – yes, but not apocalyptic.” Willow countered.

“Oh, and guess what? He wants me to call him Giles. I mean, he’s Spike’s father and I’m supposed to call him Giles? He goes to PTA meetings, for Christ sake.”

“I’m sorry, Buffy.” Willow sympathised.

“Not as much as I am.”

“It is kinda weird, huh?”

“Kinda? If my mom and *Giles* are together then that makes Spike and I what? Potential siblings! That’s what! Which means… Oh, God! I had sex with my potential stepbrother! I’m going straight to hell!” Buffy sighed.

“Well… if you put it that way…” Willow was forced to agree.

“I’m falling for my stepbrother…” Buffy pitied herself when suddenly her eyes went wide as realisation hit her.

“What?!” An equally astonished Willow asked.

“Nothing!” Buffy quickly replied.

“No… You said-“

“I didn’t say anything!” Buffy insisted frowning dangerously, but soon relaxed her facial muscles when she realised that Willow wasn’t able to actually see her threatening glare.

“Oh, come on Buffy! We both know you have wild ‘ravage me now’ feelings for him…”

“Willow!” Buffy exclaimed outraged.

“What? It’s true!”

“W-Well even if this was true… We’re talking about my potential stepbrother here. This is excommunication material we’re talking about.”

“Oh, so what? You never were very religious, anyway.” Willow mumbled and then added in a peppy tone: “So, when are you two gonna go back to the wild-monkey-love phase?”

“Willow!!!”

“Sorry…” Willow spoke, guilt pouring into her voice. “I’ve been Oz deprived for too long - band practice and all. Plus, I’ve been spending too much time with Xander.”

“I can tell.” Buffy replied rolling her eyes.

“I’m sorry…” Willow pouted.

“You’re forgiven.” Buffy couldn’t help but smile.

“So is Spike taking you to the dance?” Willow’s anxious tone was back.

“Yes. He’s picking me up at eight tomorrow.”

“Oh!”

“Willow…” Buffy warned.

“Not a word from me. I’m on good girl mode now, the nasty talking doppelganger is no more.” Willow assured her.

“I hope so.” Buffy giggled.

~+~

She nervously brushed her hair, sitting in front of the dresser, looking at herself in the mirror. As she rested her brush on the wooden surface her hands were free to roam over her long blonde threads.

“Up.” She mumbled to herself pulling her hair, twisting it on top of her head and exposing her neck in the process. “Down.” She continued, dropping the golden mass. “Up… Down… Up…”

“Buffy?” Her mother’s voice came from the corridor as she heard approaching footsteps followed by a light knock on the door.

“Come in.”

There was a small squeaking sound that came from the door as it slowly opened.

“Oh! You look amazing.” Mrs. Summers breathed as she saw her daughter stand up and turn on her heels.

The sleeveless black gown settled tightly around her chest and waist only to spread slightly when it reached her hips. Her tanned shoulders and collarbone seemed fragile and exposed as she slowly moved to get her grey scarf and twirled it around her slender neck.

“But you have to do something about your hair.” Mrs. Summers commented as she came into the room and her hands fell over Buffy’s blonde strands. “You should keep it up.”

“You think?” She wondered as she looked herself in the mirror.

“Definitely! Show’s off your beautiful neck.”

Buffy frowned when she heard the faltering in her mother’s voice.

“Oh, mom! You’re not gonna cry again, are you?” Buffy begged.

“I can’t help it. You just look so… grown up. My little girl, all grown up.” Joyce spoke, bringing both hands to cover her mouth and nose as she watched her daughter diligently working on her hair. “Everyone’s going to gawk at you all night. Spike’s gonna have a fit of jealousy. Well… maybe not jealousy since he…”

“Mom, I have to tell you something-“

Buffy was cut off by the sound of the doorbell.

“Oh! That’s Spike! I’ll go and get the door.”

And before Buffy could say anything, the older woman was out the door and down the stairs.

~+~

“She’ll be down any minute now.” Joyce reassured him for the third time that evening.

Half an hour had passed since he had arrived and there was still no sign of Buffy. Sighing audibly, he reached for the cup of warm chocolate and took a sip. He almost choked to death when his eyes looked up and found *her*, standing near the doorframe that lead to the kitchen.

“How do I look?” She asked blushing under his stare.

When he finally managed to get his coughing fit under control, he stood up and said in a low voice:

“You look wonderful.”

“Thank you. You don’t look so bad yourself.” She replied taking in his tuxedo-clad figure. ‘God, he looks yummy.’ She shook her head trying to push back the R rated images that instantly flooded her mind. ‘Bad Buffy!’ she scolded herself.

“Oh, honey you look amazing!”

“You’ve said that already, mom. Oh, mom please don’t… mom… D-don’t cry come on.” She begged coming to rest her hand over her mother’s back.

“I can’t help it.”

“Mom…”

“I’m sorry. You kids go and have a good time. I’ll be fine.”

“You sure?” Buffy questioned.

“I’m sure. Have fun, honey.” Mrs. Summers nodded and ran her hand over her daughter’s cheek before she watched her walk out of the kitchen. “Be home by four!” Buffy heard her mother shout as she closed the door behind her.

“Sorry about that. My mom’s kinda sensitive about all this growing up I seem to be doing.” Buffy said awkwardly, her eyes glued to the pavement as they walked towards Spike’s car.

“Don’t worry. My da’s pretty much the same. Uh, but in a more manly fashion obviously. He was all: ‘Son, come here.’ and quickly followed that with the unavoidable embarrassing hug scene.” He explained, opening the car door for her.

When he took his place in the driver’s seat he froze for a second, remaining in silence for a while.

“Uh… I know I shouldn’t talk, since I don’t have a driver’s licence and all but… I think it would work better if you put the key in that little slot there.” Buffy joked, but felt the air being sucked out of the small vehicle when he turned to face her and his eyes roamed over her body.

“You do look amazing tonight.” He said in a low voice, before putting the key in the ignition and heading off to the old high school.

~+~

The guitar sound echoed off the wall of the old gymnasium as they entered the teen packed room. Unconsciously, Buffy’s grip on Spike’s arm tightened as they made their way through the crowd and all eyes seemed to fall on the blonde duo.

“You should’ve been expecting this. Nobody’s gonna be able to take their eyes off you for one second tonight.” She heard Spike whisper in her ear and her knees turned into Jell-O.

Thankfully, an extremely peppy and energized Willow came to her aid.

“Buffy!! You look great!” She screamed over the loud music in the background.

“You look great too.” Buffy replied. Seeing the familiar redhead standing next to her best friend she added: “Oz!”

“Hey!” The teen greeted the newly arrived couple.

“When are you guys going on?” Spike asked.

“In about fifteen. I was just waiting for you guys to come. Didn’t want to leave Willow alone.” He explained, pulling his date for a small kiss on the lips before he turned to leave. “See ya.”

“Good luck!” Buffy shouted after him receiving a small nod from the guitar player as he disappeared into the crowd.

“God! I’m sooo excited! This is even worse that at the Bronze! Ah!!!” Willow screamed clapping hysterically.

“I’m gonna get something to drink. You ladies want anything?” Spike asked.

“Punch.” The two answered in unison as the bleached teen turned to attend to their requests.

“And where’s the soon to be Homecoming Queen?” Buffy questioned.

“You know Cordy, she’s probably waiting for the last minute to make her grand entrance.

“Yeah, I bet.”

“Oh! Speak of the she-devil!” Willow piped up pointing at the red-clad brunette that had just walked into the room, causing all heads to turn and gaze at her.

“She’s just loving this!” Buffy smiled contemplating the spectacle.

“Xander doesn’t seem too comfortable though.” Willow joked.

“Here you go.” Spike’s voice came from behind them, as he handed them their drinks.

“Thanks.” Buffy mouthed as the music grew to a crescendo.

“The whelp’s here. Thank God! Some testosterone company.” Spike sighed in relief as he watched the couple move towards them.

His eyes drifted back to the girl next to him to find her pouting. Leaning in, he whispered in her ear:

“She doesn’t hold a candle to you, luv.” He reassured her.

Ok, that was it! Standing up straight was definitely becoming an issue as she felt his warm breath on her neck.

“Hey, guys!” Cordy greeted unenthusiastically.

“Hey!” They greeted back.

“I hate this.” Xander grumbled pulling at his collar.

“Same here.” Spike said, joining in the tuxedo bashing.

“Oh, it’s just for a couple of hours. We’ll be out of here as soon as I get that damn crown.” Cordelia exhaled sharply, her eyes scanning the crowd. “I can’t believe I’m going to have to dance with that football meathead.”

“Hey! It’s tradition. Homecoming king and queen have to dance at least once.” Willow stated the unfortunately obvious.

Cordelia growled something unintelligible before Jonathan’s squeaky voice came booming from the speakers.

“1,2,3 testing…”

All eyes fell on him.

“Hum… Hi!”

“Poor guy, he’s gonna end up dehydrated if he keeps sweating like that.” Xander noted as a high-pitched sound came from the speakers, causing everyone to cringe.

“Feedback! Careful of the feedback!” They heard Jonathan scold Andrew who nervously worked the board. Eventually, the screeching stopped and the short teen was able to stammer:

“Hum… W-welcome to the Homecoming dance, everyone!”

A mixture of ‘yay’s and ‘boo’s were heard before he could continue:

“Now, please welcome the amazing band… ‘Dingoes Ate my Baby!’”

Loud cheering boomed across the room as the first cords were heard. Soon, the stage was completely lit, showing all members of the groups, Oz included.

“He looks sooo cool! I have a cool boyfriend! Ahhh!” Willow screamed.

“Oh, no it’s starting all over again.” Cordy grumbled between clenched teeth, before Xander wormed his hands around her waist and dragged her to the dance floor.

“Wanna dance, pet?” Buffy heard Spike ask her.

He frowned when he saw her shake her head, but then realised why, when she pointed at the lonely redhead jumping up and down next to them. Spike nodded, sliding his arms around her and pulling her back against his as they listened to the music.

~+~

Three or four songs went by before Cordy and Xander joined the trio sitting around a table. Well, Willow wasn’t exactly sitting, since she was constantly squirming in her seat, occasionally standing up and clapping her hands.

“God! I’m beat. And I thought I hated the tux… It’s nothing compared to the way I feel about these stupid shoes right now. Ouch!” Xander grumbled taking his seat next to Spike as Buffy had abandoned her chair in favour of the Brit’s lap.

“What are you doing?” Cordelia asked outraged as she watched her boyfriend lean over and stick his finger into his shoe.

“Taking them off?” Xander offered.

“Oh, no you’re not!” She shook her head, her eyes wide and her eyebrows raised high on her forehead.

“Oh, come on!”

“No!” She insisted, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Damn it.” Xander cursed under his breath as his eyes turned to the couple sitting next to him. “You guys gonna dance?”

“You guys gonna keep Red company?”

Xander nodded:

“I don’t think I could move right now even if I wanted.”

Both Spike and Buffy smiled at that, before the bleached teen looked up at blonde sitting on his lap and tilted his head toward the dance floor. In a flash, she was up and was leading him to the middle of the crowd.

“Ah! The joy of sitting down!” Xander breathed using Spike and Buffy’s chair to prop up his legs.

“Xander!” Cordy yelled with a disgusted face.

“What?!”

Chapter 27:
The fast pace pounding of the drums came to an abrupt halt and after a few moments of silence a new, soft beat replaced it. The two blondes eyed each other uncomfortably, not really knowing what to do as, all around them, various couples came together to dance to the sound of the slow music.

Buffy felt her stomach turn a couple of times as he stepped closer to her and his hands came to rest on her hips, pulling her against him. Instinctively, her own arms crawled up his shoulders while her head nuzzled against his chest. They moved in accord with the melancholic rhythm, sluggishly dragging their feet across the dance floor. Spike frowned when he felt her chuckle against his tuxedo.

“Something funny, luv?”

She looked up at him and then tilted her head towards the table they had just left. Soon a smile spread over the Brit’s lips as he watched Cordelia huff and puff at Xander, trying hard to contain her rage but failing miserably.

“What’s wrong with the Ice-Queen?”

“I guess she must have noticed that Xander pulled a Michael Jackson on her.” Buffy giggled against his chest, causing Spike’s eyes to roll back in their sockets for a second. God, he missed having her this close and her scent was becoming intoxicating.

“Come again?” He managed to ask.

Buffy smiled and pointed at Xander.

“Notice the incredibly white socks.”

“Oh…” He finally realised.

They continued to dance in silence for a while longer until Buffy looked up at him.

“This is nice.” She breathed.

“Very.”

“It’s… comfortable.” She started and then added with a sigh. “Too bad you’re gay.”

“Hey!” He protested as he watched her giggle.

“Kidding. It’s just that my mom must really think you’re gay or she would have never allowed me to go out so late and have a boy drive me home in the middle of the night.” She explained.

“Yeah, and she’s probably the one putting all that crap into my da’s head, too.” He grumbled.

“Hey!” It was Buffy’s turn to object as she lightly swatted him over the shoulder.

They eyed each other for a while. They hadn’t actually gotten the chance to talk about… it.

“So… When did you find out?” Buffy questioned.

“When my da parked the car in your driveway and said: ‘This is it. We’re here.’ “ He answered promptly.

“Ouch! Still, better than coming down the stairs and bumping into your dad. You could have told me.” She frowned, giving him a frowned look and a pout.

“When was I supposed to tell you? In the fifteen seconds it took my father to come after me?” He defended himself.

“Yes! You could’ve just said – ‘My father is your mom’s new boyfriend.’” She insisted.

He pulled his mouth to the side and tilted his head giving her an annoyed look.

“What?” She exclaimed. “Oh, alright! You couldn’t do anything about it. I just need someone to blame.” She grumbled.

“Same here, pet.”

“Kinda strange… isn’t it?” She tried after a few seconds of silence. “My mom, your dad, together. It just spells out WRONG.” Her eyes widened to emphasize the last word.

“It’s awkward. I was dying all the way through that dinner.” He admitted.

“Me too. God, you’re father was just so strange when my mom left us alone. He was all –‘How are you? How is Willow? How is Xander?’. You guys walked in just the nick of time. It was getting too painful.”

“Da’s just nervous about you liking him. He really seems to like your mom.” Spike explained.

“I guess. But it’s still weird.” She said as her head came to rest on his shoulder.

He felt her freeze, her entire body tense up and he frowned. He was about to ask her why the sudden change when he followed her gaze and saw Dru and Angel walking into the gymnasium. Without a word he tightened his grip around her small waist and brought her closer to him, while one of his hands crawled up her back to draw small, soothing circles on her exposed skin just below her neck. After a few moments, she relaxed and snuggled her face against the black material of his tuxedo to take in his scent.

Sluggishly, he let his head drop and buried his nose in her hair. A smile spread over her lips as she felt him mumble something unintelligible against her blonde threads.

“What was that?” She asked looking up at him.

Her breath caught in the back of her throat when her eyes met his. He looked so-

She was violently snapped out of her thought by the suddenly clapping and cheering that erupted around them. She blinked wildly, looking around and realising Oz’s band had finished their set and everyone was applauding them. Her gaze zoomed across the room, her mind still a bit hazy, but she was able to identify a very hysterical Willow jumping up and down, clapping incessantly as Oz came off the stage.

Soon, a still nervous and sweaty Jonathan came on, picking up a discarded microphone and lightly tapping it.

“A-and now, for the moment you have all been waiting for – the coronation of our very own Homecoming King and Queen.”

Roaring cheers filled the gym for a few seconds before the teen continued:

“Please welcome our principal… Principal Snyder!”

The entire crowd went silent as the short, bald man climbed on stage. Suddenly, a single ‘boo’, echoed off the walls. Principal Snyder immediately snatched the microphone from Jonathan’s hands and snarled:

“Give me that!” Turning to the crowd he growled: “Who did that?”

No answer.

The little man huffed a couple of times but then decided to ignore the insult, turning his attention to one of the two envelope he held in his hands.

“Alright, let’s get this pathetic show over with.” He grumbled ripping open one of the envelopes. “And the Homecoming Queen is… Oh, surprise, surprise…” He mumbled with fake enthusiasm. “Miss Cordelia Chase.”

Everyone clapped as the head cheerleader made her way onstage, tugging at her long gown as she climbed the small steps.

“Thank you.” She said with a plastic smile as she accepted the golden crown and the flimsy bouquet of flowers. “I would like to-“

“Alright, alright! No speeches.” Snyder interrupted, causing Cordelia to glare violently at the short shell of a man. “And the Homecoming King is…” He tore the piece of paper and took out the card concealed inside. His jaw practically dropped to the floor as he read it out loud: “William Giles?”

There was complete silence in the entire gymnasium. All eyes alternated between a seriously pissed off Angel and an incredibly dumbstruck Spike.

“Huh? What?” He managed to ask looking at Buffy who was equally surprised.

After the initial surprise the Principal was back to his usual unpleasant humour as he grumbled:

“Oh, don’t make us wait Mr. Giles.”

Still wide-eyed the teen reached the stage, unwillingly accepting the terribly garish golden ornament on his head.

“Ok. It’s done. I’m getting out of this teen infested excuse for a high-school.” Snyder snarled on his way off stage.

Nervously, Jonathan reached for the nearest available microphone:

“And now, as tradition deems it, the King and Queen will share a dance.”

Still a bit stunned, both Cordy and Spike eyed each other, remaining still on stage.

“Hum… Guys!” Jonathan hissed at the two. “Move it.”

“Oh…” Spike shook his head and took Cordelia by the hand, leading her to the dance floor. As a slow, cheesy music began playing in the background, the bleached teen wormed his arms around the cheerleader, pulling her towards him.

Buffy felt her stomach turn at the sight; her face instinctively grimacing at the strange feeling in her gut.

“Hey!”

She jolted up straight at the voice.

“Hey, Wills.” Buffy greeted awkwardly as her eyes returned to the duo alone on the dance floor.

“You ok?” the redhead asked.

“Fine.” She answered without looking at her.

“Same answer as Xander.”

“I’m fine, Willow.” Buffy reassured her, finally turning to face her best friend. “It’s just a dance. And it’s just Cordelia.”

There was silence as the two watched the ‘royal’ couple glide across the floor.

Buffy tapped her shoe nervously. She never realised this song was this long.

“Relax, Buffy.” She heard Willow say.

“I’m relaxed. I couldn’t be more relaxed. I’m the epitome of relaxation!”

Willow raised an eyebrow at that.

“I *am* relaxed.” She repeated, pausing before adding: “And I’ll be even more so once Spike gets his hands *off* her.”

Slowly, the song drifted into silence and the dancing couple quickly parted ways.

“Nice dancing with you.” Spike said awkwardly as he backed away from her.

“Yeah.” Cordelia nodded equally embarrassed as she made her way to Xander.

“Hey. That was weird, huh?” Spike said nervously as he approached Buffy, quickly taking off the metal crown.

The petite blonde simply nodded as she sat down around the table, along with to Willow, Oz, Cordelia and Xander. Even thought the music soared to a crescendo, filling the room, a nerve-wracking silence engulfed the six teens.

“That was a surprise. Spike, Homecoming King.” Willow piped up, trying to loosen the mood, but it was impossible.

“Real surprise.” Oz stepped in, in a hopeless attempt to help his girlfriend.

“Angel must have been pissed, huh?” The redhead continued, but had no reaction from the two couples.

Suddenly, Cordelia spoke up:

“I’ve got my crown. What do you guys say we head onto my place?”

“Good idea.” Willow immediately squeaked.


~+~


They drove in silence for the first five minutes.

“The dance was nice.” Spike tried to make small talk.

Buffy simply nodded and looked out the window.

“Oz’s band was amazing.”

Another nod, followed by a sigh.

“Something wrong, luv?”

“Nope.” Buffy answered, popping the ‘p’, staring through the glass.

“Then why the silent treatment?”

“What silent treatment? I’m just tired.” She replied. “Ah!”

She cried out in surprise when the car came to an abrupt halt, causing her to be projected forward; the seatbelt being the only thing keeping her from being thrown out through the windshield.

“Are you insane!?” She shouted turning to face him. “What the *hell* was that for?” She paused, waiting for a response. “Why are you grinning? Stop grinning! I don’t like it when you grin!” She watched as he tilted his head and narrowed his eyes; his trademark smirk still tugging at the corners of his bruised mouth. “What?!”

“You’re jealous.” He stated matter-of-factly.

“What?!” She cried out.

“You were jealous of me and the pom-pom queen.” He elaborated.

“Ego much?” She questioned raising her eyebrows.

“No. Just stating the obvious, pet.”

“Ha!”

“Come on. Admit it – You. Were. Jealous.”

“Not. In this. Lifetime.” She replied in the same manner.

“You were jealous.” His smile widened as he watched her blush furiously.

“Was not.”

“Were to.”

“Was not.”

“Were to.”

“Was – Oh, will you just shut up and drive, already?” She grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest and turning to face the road.

“Not until you admit you were jealous.” He stated.

He turned the key in the ignition and the steady murmuring of the car engine came to a halt as he pulled on the hand break.

“We’re in the middle of the road, Spike!” She noted looking back and forth.

“Not until you admit it.” He repeated, sloshing in his seat.

“Spike! Stop playing around, someone’s gonna crash into us.” A hint of fear slipped into her voice.

“Admit it.”

“No!” She shouted as she turned back and watched a car coming dangerously close to them. “Spike! Watch out!”

But at the last moment the driver spotted the car parked in the middle of the road and was able to avoid it, driving past them.

“You’re gonna get us killed!” She screamed. “This is not funny.”

“Admit it.”

“Will you stop saying that?!”

He complied and didn’t say anything, choosing to simply stare at her as another car raced past them.

“Spike, please pull over.” She begged and he shook his head. “Fine. I’ll do it.”

Without warning, she moved over to his side, her left leg slipping between his as her hands came to rest on the steering wheel. She felt butterflies in her stomach as she wiggled in his lap and she heard him groan. Trying to ignore him, she turned the key in the ignition and the car engine roared but it refused to move.

‘Ok… Now which of the peddles makes the car move…’ She wondered.

She tried one but there was no result. Sighing she chose the one next to it, pressing it and suddenly the car roared loudly, causing her to jump in Spike’s lap and inevitably the Brit moaned as her backside pressed against this pelvis.

‘Ohgodohgodohgod!’ She thought to herself as she tried to get her breathing under control. She pressed the peddle again and, once again, the engine howled but the vehicle refused to budge. She looked right and left, up and down, trying to remember Spike’s movements when he had last started the car. Her eyes brightened when her gaze fell over the lever to her right.

In the meantime, Spike rolled his eyes back, grinded his teeth together, clenched and unclenched his hands to keep from grabbing the hot, little body that was wiggling in his lap. ‘Cor… She smells good! No! Focus, focus, Spike! Can’t let her win.’ He thought as he watched her. ‘She’s gonna destroy my car!’

Excitedly, she reached for the hand break and tried to push it down. She frowned when it refused to move. Spotting the button on the stick she pressed it and tried again. This time it worked and as soon as the break was down. She smiled when she realised that even though she wasn’t pressing any of the peddles, the car was gliding down the road.

With a goofy smile and a racing heart, she grabbed the steering wheel and turned it completely to the right causing the car to head straight against the rapidly approaching pavement.

“Ah!” She screamed hysterically as the car climbed the sidewalk and she turned the wheel hard left as she realised she was about to crash into a trash can.

After successfully avoiding the object, the car continued to move along the sidewalk, two wheels on the asphalt and the other two on the pavement. ‘Now… to get it to stop.’

Without a second thought she pulled at the hand break and the car came to a halt. The light humming still came from the engine, so she turned the key and it there was silence.

“Ah!!!!!” She screamed “I did it! I did it! Ah!!! I drove a car!” She shouted hysterically, clapping her hands and wiggling in Spike’s lap. “Did you see it? I drove a car.” She continued to yell, completely oblivious to the repressed groans than came from behind her.

Spike’s fingers held a death grip on his seat as she unconsciously grinded her backside against his groin. He pressed his lips together in a feeble attempt to push back the grunts that built up in his throat but it was impossible. God! The way she moved, who could help it?

“Did you see it? I-“ She stopped in mid sentence when she suddenly felt strong hands on her thighs, gripping them.

She caught her breath when his hips bucked upwards, his hands pulling her down, pushing her hard against him. Buffy’s eyes widened as she felt something hard pressing into her. After the initial shock, she relaxed and slowly moved her hips in small circular motions.

“Cor… Buffy…” She heard him breath in her ear.

His lips slowly grazed over the back of her neck, his teeth scraping against her tender flesh there. Buffy’s head lolled back, her hands gripping the steering wheel as she continued to move.

“Ah…”

The sound of him moaning in her ear sent shivers down her spine as one of his hands blindly crept up her side to cup her clothed breast. It was Buffy’s turn to mewl as his finger roughly caressed her through the black fabric of her dress.

Her hand abandoned the steering wheel and came to wrap around his neck, pulling his face closer to hers. His lips glided over her jaw line and her cheek to finally find her mouth.

“Mmm…” Buffy moaned, parting her lips and allowing him to slip inside.

Their tongues moved erratically, desperate to deepen the kiss, as if they wanted to devour each other.

Spike groaned into her mouth as she wiggled in his lap, trying hard to get comfortable as her body faced forward while her torso twisted backward. She struggled to move in the small space, but her tight dress only served to restrain her movement even further.

Realising this, Spike’s hands reached down, his mouth never abandoning hers, as he tugged at the gown, hitching it up around her waist. Taking full advantage of her new found mobility she turned her body and in a few seconds she faced him, her legs on either side of him. One of her heels dug into Spike’s shin, but he was completely oblivious to it as he felt her thrust her hips against his, her small breasts bouncing slightly at the sharp motion.

They froze for a second as they gazes met. She was flushed; a few strands of her hair had come loose from the bun at the back of her head and now fell around her face, framing it.

“God, Buffy… You’re beautiful.” He couldn’t help breathing before he captured her mouth with his own.

The kiss was fast paced and ravenous. His hand came to the crook of her neck, pulling her closer, trying desperately to deepen the kiss when she once again pushed her hips against his. His lips moved over her jaw and down her neck to finally find the edge of her gown. Buffy arched her neck, letting her head fall to the side and allowing his fool access to her chest as his shaky fingers tugged at the black material and exposed one perfectly shaped breast.

He took a moment, looking up at her for permission, but she seemed lost, her eyes closed, her mouth slightly open. His lips brushed over her hardened nipple once, causing her to gasp just as his tongue darted out and began to encircle the tender bud.

“Woo-hoo!”

The two jolted to attention as a teen packed car slowly drove past them. Buffy brushed furiously, quickly scrambling to cover herself as she moved off of Spike and plopped back in her seat.

“Oh, God! They’re from our high-school!” She shrieked, pulling her dress down. “Ohgodohgod!”

“Shhh… Calm down, luv.”

“Calm down?! A car full of testosterone driven teenagers just saw my… my…” She awkwardly pointed at her now covered breast.

“Calm down. They didn’t see anything. Unless they have ex-ray vision that allows them to see through my head.” Spike explained, wiggling his eyes at her suggestively.

“Pig…” She mumbled, trying hard not to smile.

There was silence between them for a second as they eyed each other. Suddenly, Spike looked away from her and at the steering wheel:

“Hum… we better go.” He said as he turned the key in the ignition.

‘What? We’re going? What about the… sex?’ She wondered frowning a bit. What the hell was wrong with him? Why was he doing this? Was it because of their parents? Did it repulse him now that… Well, it sure as *hell* didn’t repulse him a moment ago. Plus, it was the second time he was doing it.

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest and pouted all the way to the party.

‘Breathe, breathe.’ Spike mentally commanded himself. ‘Can’t let her win. If she wants it, she’s gonna have to be the one to make the move. Let’s just hope she makes it soon or I’m gonna lose it.’