Chapter 31:
She stumbled out of bed, inhaling sharply as her bare feet came into contact with the ice-cold floor. With eyes still narrowed from sleep she searched for her beloved slippers, smiling when she finally found them.

She dragged her feet and scratched her head as she walked down the hall, pausing for a second in front of *his* door. She felt a pang in her heart at the memory of what had happened that night. The look on his face as he came back to her room, watching her as she lied to her mother... She shook the thought away and continued down the stairs to find her mother behind the counter, in the small kitchenette.

“Something smells good.” Buffy said with a hoarse voice.

“Hey, you’re up early.” Joyce noted giving her daughter a sweet smile before returning her attention to her cooking.

“Pancakes, huh?” The teen leaned on the counter, reaching for a large plate that contained the newly fried goodies.

She jumped back when her mother swatted her hand with a wooden spoon.

“You’ll have to wait for breakfast. Giles and Spike should be back any minute.

“Back?”

“Yes. They went to get the Christmas tree.” Joyce explained gleefully. “Now go get dressed, young lady, you know I don’t like you coming downstairs in your pj’s.”

Buffy hopped off the stool and was about to leave, when the door directly under the stairs flung open, revealing a flushed Giles. The blonde frowned, she had never realised there was a door there.

“We’ve got the tree.” He announced gingerly, setting his hand triumphantly on his hips.

“Da! Do you mind?” A grumbled protest came from behind Giles as the large box was pushed towards the older man.

“Oh! So sorry!” Giles awkwardly excused himself, turning his attention to the assignment.

“A tree in a box?” Buffy wondered out loud as the two men hurled the carton into the living room and Spike finally came into view.

With an annoyed look on his face he stood up straight and ran a hand trough his dishevelled mass of curls which refused to stay in place.

“It’s an artificial one.” Giles explained.

“We’re having an artificial Christmas tree in a cabin? In the middle of the woods?” Buffy frowned.

“I-I could never bring myself to cut down a tree.” Giles stuttered, taking off his glasses and running his handkerchief over his perspired forehead. “Plus, if we miss the smell, we can just pick a few loose branches and bring them in the house.”

“How do you get firewood?”

“We buy it…” Giles looked down and proceeded with unpacking the box.

Buffy simply shook her head, glancing at the bleached blond, who was yet to say a word to her or even looked at her for that matter. She watched as he strolled towards his father, sighing loudly as he offered to open the carton for him.

“Well… I’ll go and take a shower.” She announced as she headed up the stairs, her eyes fixed on Spike.

~+~

She let her newly blow-dried hair flow freely down her back as she set the brush on the nightstand and walked over to the window. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw him standing outside, on the small dock, his hands safely tucked into the front pockets of his jeans as he stared out at the foggy lake. She let the curtains fall into place and headed downstairs.

“Hey!” She greeted. “Oh, wow!”

Her eyes went wide at the sight of the newly decorated living room. Four red Christmas stockings hung over the fireplace while, inside, flames grew, filling the cabin with warmth and the familiar scent of burnt wood. To the left, between the fire and the kitchenette, stood the tree, still half decorated in shades of red and white. The room seemed completely transformed and Buffy felt her body relax as, for the first time, she thought that, maybe, this Christmas wouldn’t be so bad after all.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” Joyce asked as she finished setting the pancakes on the table near the window.

Buffy nodded as she entered the living room with her arms crossed over her chest and a soft smile on her lips as she watched Giles clumsily try to put a small angel on one of the branches. She shook her head and reached for the piece placing in properly.

“Thank you.” Giles smiled at the short teen.

“You’re welcome.”

“Breakfast is ready.” Joyce announced looking out the window. “Buffy, could you go out and call Spike?”

“Sure.” Buffy nodded, heading out the door.

~+~

She walked slowly down to the dock. He seemed oblivious to her presence, remaining perfectly still, immersed in his thoughts. Buffy cleared her throat when she stood just a couple of feet away from him. He immediately spun around to look at her but didn’t say anything as his glance quickly returned to the crystal water that surrounded them. Buffy swallowed dryly at the cold reaction and uttered:

“Breakfast is ready.”

He nodded and turned around, heading for the cabin, leaving her alone on the dock in the cold.

~+~

The moment breakfast was over he jumped out of his seat and headed up stairs without saying a word. Buffy felt her heart sink at that and continued to pick at her pancakes with her fork.

“Are you alright honey?” Joyce questioned as she started clearing the table.

“I’m fine.” She shook herself out of her daze and stood up, gathering a few plates on her way to the kitchenette.

“You seem kind of quiet.” Her mother noted.

“Just a bit sleepy, I guess.” She tried to explain as she began washing the plates.

~+~

Buffy tapped her nails on the counter, bored out of her mind. After washing and drying the dishes she had sat down on the stool and had remained there for the last ten minutes with absolutely nothing to do. Joyce and Giles sat cosily on the couch reading through the newspaper and a few magazines. ‘A few very dull magazines.’ Buffy corrected as she slid off the stool and started pacing.

Neither adult on the sofa looked up, too absorbed in their reading to notice her boredom. She sighed and headed up the stairs.

She entered her room and resumed pacing. Her mind drifted over the events of that day. Spike hadn’t said a word to her all day, barely even glanced at her and, for some reason that caused her stomach to turn and an uncomfortable knot settle on her throat. She plopped down on the bed only to scramble quickly to her feet when she felt something cold and wet under her. She sighed and picked up the wet towel feeling the covers and realising they were soaked too.

“Great.” She mumbled between her teeth as she exited her room and entered the bathroom.

She froze. It was only when she was half into the room that she heard the familiar sound of running water. She knew that the right thing to do was to turn on her heels and just leave, but she found herself glancing over to the shower. For a moment she cursed the thick curtains that draped around it, but as her eyes adjusted to the blurred effect, she was able to see the outlines of a wide, masculine back turned to her, one hand was put up against the wall, the other… She frowned when she saw the quick, erratic movements his arm was making. After a couple of seconds her eyes went wide as soft moaning sounds finally seemed to reach her ears. Oh, God, was he? She strained to hear the rapid breathing, the occasional repressed gasp. He was! Buffy turned bright red. One part of her yelled at her to leave the room at once, the other compelled her to stay and watch. The latter seemed to be strongest as she remained perfectly still watching in awe as he continued to move his hand between his thighs in a fast, eager pace until, suddenly, he stopped and his body began to convulse in short jerks that propelled him against the wall.

“Cor… Buffy.”

She felt her stomach flip-flop at the hoarse sound of her name being called out as he slumped against the wall, letting the warm water fall on him. As her brain slowly processed the information it had just been fed, she stumbled back a bit causing her elbow to brush against something. She turned to see the plastic bottle wobble a bit, but before she could reach it, it fell to the floor with a loud thud. She seemed to be frozen in place, her eyes still glued to the shampoo on the floor as she refused to look up at… him.

Spike jolted to attention at the sound, immediately turning and pushing the curtain aside. His eyes widened when he saw her semi-bent over, her hand reaching for a bottle now on the floor.

Buffy swallowed hard as her heart slammed against her chest at a frightening pace, she could feel her skin growing redder and redder by the second. Finally she gathered enough strength to look up at him.

“I was-“ She immediately looked away from the completely nude and soaked man standing in the shower, the water still running behind him.

Spike jumped, nervously looking around for a towel. His eyes fell on the white fabric draped over the toilet seat, right next to Buffy. He was about to step out of the shower, when she reached out and handed him her own towel.

“I-I was just… um… Just… um…” She stuttered panicky. ‘Stupid words…’ she grumbled inwardly as she watched from the corner of her eyes that he had already turned the water off and covered himself with the towel she had handed him.

“Buffy, I-“

Looking at him, she piped up: “I was just leaving.”

And she was out the door and into her room in record time.

“Bloody hell!” He growled as he stepped out of the shower, nearly stumbling over the shampoo bottle on the floor on his way out.

~+~

‘Please don’t come after me, please don’t come after me, please don’t come-‘ Buffy stopped her mental mantra when the door to her bedroom was flung open and a soaking Spike stepped in. She let her eyebrows drop for a frustrated sigh as she turned around to face the music.

“I-I didn’t see anything.” She immediately announced before correcting herself: “I mean I did, but it was just when you pulled the curtain and were… well, naked. B-but other than that – nothing! Not a thing. I was just there for like a second before the bottle fell. A-and even if I had been there before the bottle thing – which I wasn’t! – there wouldn’t be anything to see“ At his frown she rephrased: “N-not that you don’t have anything to see, I mean you do, but the curtain was thick and-and it doesn’t really matter cause I wasn’t there and I didn’t see anything or hear –“ She stopped herself when she realised she was babbling. “Sorry. Babbling.”

“I’ve noticed.” The Brit forced a smile as he closed the door behind him and stepped in.

“I-I’m sorry, next time I’ll knock.” Buffy reassured him as her gaze bounced off the walls at anything but his bare chest.

“Knocking is good.” He agreed taking a step towards her.

“Well,” She brought her hands together. “I guess that’s settled. I’ll knock. Let the records show that the knocking proposal was approved.” She joked with a forced smile as she squeezed her fingers together.

He tilted his head and watched her nervously pressing her palms into one another.

“Buffy, about before-“

“Don’t know what you’re talking about.” She immediately jumped in, blushing even more.

“Yesterday? Last night?” Spike elaborated.

“Oh, that.” She realised. ‘Not a good topic either, but at least it’s better than *Why I was moaning your name while masturbating*’

“Yeah, that. What did you think I was talking about?” Spike frowned a bit.

“Nothing!” She answered a little too eagerly and it seemed to confirm Spike’s suspicions.

“Bloody hell!” He mumbled.

“What?” She asked a bit afraid of the answer.

“Nothing.” He replied turning around to leave, but stopped in mid-stride to turn around, resolve fixed on his face. “You know what? I do.”

“Do what?” she questioned backing away when he walked over to her, invading her personal space.

“Think about you when I wank off.” He stated without any kind of shame.

Buffy froze, her eyes wide, her cheeks turning to a furious shade of red.

“I-I” She stuttered as she was finally backed up against the wall and Spike towered in front of her.

“You’re all I bloody think about. I can’t get you out of my head. No matter how much of a bitch you’ve been lately.”

“E-excuse me?” She tried to sound outraged, but it came out as a meek attempt at a protest.

“You heard me Summers.” He retorted, letting his hand rest on the wall just over her right shoulder.

“I-I don’t have to stay here and listen to-“ She started and she tried to move but a strong grip on her arm stopped her and forced her to back up against the wall again.

“You *will* listen. For once in your life.” He growled. “For the one thousandth time: I. Didn’t. Do. A. Bloody. Thing. Wrong.” He pulled the words out, one by one as he stared down at her. He paused waiting for a reaction. When he realised she wasn’t going to oppose, he pushed himself off the wall and started pacing in front of her. “You really wanna know why I got into a fight with Angel?” He never gave her a chance to answer: “It’s none of you sodding business but I’ll tell you anyway. It had absolutely *nothing* to do with you or Dru. It was for the same reason I suddenly stopped hanging out with Angel. Remember? Angel and I used to hang out together quite a lot when I first came here. I wasn’t too keen on him. Knew from the start he was pretty much an idiot, but I decided: ‘What the hell, let’s give him a chance.’ Eventually, my first instinct was right. He’s a complete idiot and a wanker!” He rambled while Buffy remained frozen up against the wall, watching him furiously walk around in circles until he came to a halt and looked at her. “It was because of Andrew.”

Buffy frowned: “Andrew? What does Andrew have to do with anything?”

“Well, one day I walk into the locker rooms to find Angel beating the scrawny thing into a bloody pulp. The poor kid was in the hospital for two whole weeks. Wouldn’t tell anyone who had done it, scared shitless that the ponce would do something.” Seeing the confused look on her face he tilted his head. “You didn’t even realise he was gone, did you? Sure, it’s not like you know Andrew even exists, let alone notice he was gone for two weeks.”

Buffy swallowed dryly, noting that it was true.

“Anyway, I pulled Angel off the kid and socked him back, telling him if he ever laid a finger on Andrew again… Well, you know, told him something nasty and extremely cliché to give him the right idea.” He watched as Buffy took in the information. “Everything was fine after that. No problems. Until the other day when Andrew smashed into us in the hall. The look on his face. I just knew that Angel was up to something. I talked to Andrew, he denied it at first but eventually he admitted it. So I did what I had promised and beat the crap out of Angel. And that’s it. It was nothing over you, or Dru or anything of the sort. Happy?” He finally asked after his long dissertation.

Buffy just stared at him with her mouth half open. All that information. It was a little too much to process, especially with naked-Spike in front of her.

“Why?” She finally managed to ask. “Why would Angel beat up Andrew?”

Spike paused. This was the question he didn’t want to answer, but he sighed and reluctantly uttered:

“Andrew plays for the other team, luv.”

“Huh?” Buffy frowned.

“He’s gay, pet.”

“You knew?” Spike asked in disbelief.

“I didn’t know-know. But, I mean, I always just kinda figured...” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“Oh. Right.” He said a bit taken off guard by her reaction at the revelation. “So that’s the big secret. Andrew’s gay and Angel found out he had a secret crush on him and being extremely insecure in his masculinity the wanker pummelled the kid.” Spike said succinctly.

Buffy stood there, staring at Spike.

“Why didn’t you tell me this before?” She finally asked a bit outraged.

“Because it wasn’t something I could tell you. It wasn’t my secret to tell. I’m not gonna go outing the poor fellow just because my girlfriend has absolutely no trust in me. Plus you were really pissing me off. How could you think I beat up Angel because of Dru?” It was Spike’s turn to question.

“Well… I… um… I sort of bumped into Angel. And he hinted that-“

“And you believed him?” Spike questioned in disbelief.

“I didn’t at first!” Buffy defended herself. “But then I asked you and you just avoided the subject and I thought – Busted!”

They stared at each other for a while in silence until Buffy took a step closer, looking up at him from under hooded eyes as she reached for him. He immediately stepped back, bringing his hands up as if someone was holding him at gunpoint. Buffy stopped dead in her tracks, her heart slamming against her chest as the realisation of what was happening dawned on her.

“Spike, I-“

“You should have trusted me. You should have believed in me.” He said in a low voice. “I can’t be with you like this.”

Buffy let her gaze fall to the floor as he walked over to the door that lead to the room. Suddenly, he turned around and made his way back to her with ground-eating steps.

“God, who am I kidding?” He breathed before crushing her mouth with his as his naked arms wrapped around her small form to bring her closer to him.

Buffy’s response was immediate as her hands erratically reached for his shoulder. Her fingers swiftly gliding over the soft skin seeking the back of his neck and then moved up to dive in between his wet curls as she responded to his kiss with the intensity and hunger as he did.

His own hands ran wildly over her clothed body, down her back to cup her behind and bring her up against him. He moved, instinctively guiding them towards the bed, causing Buffy to topple onto the mattress when she reached its edge; Spike following her, never breaking the famished kiss.

The Brit fought with the hem of her sweater pulling it upwards over her head to reveal the simple white bra that covered her breasts. His fingers reached for the small mound cupping it lightly as his mouth crushed hers for another demanding battle.

Spike gasped, breaking the kiss when her tiny hand sneaked between their bodies and found its way through the white towel to wrap itself around his cock.

“Cor, I missed you.” He breathed into her ear as he began trailing his way down her neck with hungry open-mouth kisses until he reached one of her cotton-clad breast.

It was Buffy’s turn to exhale sharply when he pushed the white fabric away and his lips brushed over her erect nipple. She arched into his touch as she slowly began to pump him in a slow, steady rhythm. She felt a wave of feminine pride wash over her as she watched and listened to him helplessly moan her name under her ministrations.

Suddenly, he seemed to partially wake from his daze as his hands began working on the buttons of her jeans. Buffy relaxed into his touch, slowly drifting deeper into her daze, when a giggling sound reached her ear. She frowned at first, but suddenly it hit her: ‘My mom’s downstairs. Oh, god, oh, God, oh God!.’

“No.” She said, jumping up and reluctantly pushing him to crawl away from him.

“What? What now?” He asked desperately trying to move over her again but she squirmed off the bed leaving him on the mattress alone.

“Your dad and my mom, downstairs. That’s what.” She explained reaching for her sweater, but before she could grab it she was trapped between his arms and his mouth was on her neck.

“I’ll be quiet. I promise.” His voice was muffled by the kisses he placed on her collarbone.

“I bet you…” She gasped. “will, but I can’t promise I’ll be... quiet.” She managed to push him away again. “Now, get your clothes on.”

“I’ll be really quick. You won’t even feel a thing, so you don’t have to worry about making any noises.” He joked walking over to her.

Buffy narrowed her eyes at him and he dropped his shoulders in defeat.

“Buffy, I don’t think I can go a whole week without touching you or…” he tilted his head towards the bed.

“You’ll have to.” She insisted as he came closer to her and his hand grazed over her hips and down to the valley between her thighs to slowly press against the stop where her clit was. “Spike…” She tried to sound serious and determined but the way he was touching her… it was impossible!

“Buffy, please.” He begged into her ear as his nuzzled against her hair, his finger still moving over her.

“Ok.” She finally agreed and he lashed out for her neck. “No! Not now!” she pushed him away once more and put on her sweater. “Tonight. When they’re asleep.”

“But…”

“Tonight.” She repeated throwing the towel at him and he reluctantly grabbed it, draping it around his waist.




Chapter 32


Author’s Note: I know, I know, I had promised you guys two chapters and you’re only getting one. I’m really, really sorry. It’s just that exams ended and well… You know college. We make up any excuse to have a party. Can you imagine what we do when we actually have an excuse for it? I’m sorry. I’ll try to make it up to you. ;)

Buffy yawned audibly for the tenth time that evening as she patiently listened to her mother’s rambling.

“Oh! And we can also make that special apple mincemeat crumble you love so much.” Joyce piped up gingerly, completely oblivious to her daughter’s boredom.

“Great mom.” Buffy replied unenthusiastically as she ran her nails on the counter next to where her mom scribbled hurriedly on a small notepad.

“Well, I’ll need to buy some Brazilian nuts and quick cooking oats for that one. What else?” The older woman looked up from the yellow paper she held in her hands; a bright childlike spark in her eyes as she gazed blindly at her daughter for suggestions.

“I think you’ve got enough food there to feed the entire United States Marines Corps, mom.” Buffy grumbled as she nervously looked at her watch. Two hours. Two whole hours had passed since Spike had ‘gone to bed’. Man, he was going to be pissed when she finally made it up to her room. Pissed or sound asleep.

“Oh, come on. It’s not that much.” Joyce commented scanning trough the enormous grocery list that filled ten whole pages. “What about the broccoli-cheese casserole?”

“No! No broccoli, mom. It’s Christmas Eve!” Buffy immediately snapped out of her daze, holding up her small hand at the eminent threat of having to eat vegetables on Christmas Eve.

“Um… I guess you’re right.” Mrs. Summers finally agree, putting the cap back on the pen while standing up to enter the kitchenette.

Buffy’s eyes brightened at the thought of going to bed, but she covered her excitement by yawning once again.

“I’m tired. I think I’ll go up to bed.” She said jumping off the stool and raising herself on her to give her mother a light peck on the cheek. “Goodnight, mom.”

“Goodnight, honey. I think I’ll turn in too.” She replied as she watched her daughter practically fly up the stairs. “She’s gonna wake up Giles and Spike.” Joyce mumbled to herself, hearing Buffy stomp her way to her room.


~+~




Buffy stopped just outside her door, taking in a deep breath as she felt her stomach do the funny little flip-flopping thing it always did every time she knew she was about to see him. She ran her hands over her hair, smoothing out the wild locks that cascades down her back. After she was absolutely sure she looked her best, she put on the sleepiest face she could muster and turned the knob.

There was complete darkness in the room when she entered.

“Spike?” She whispered in a low voice as she squinted and narrowed her eyes to see while her left hand blindly travelled over the wall next to her, searching for the light switch. “Are you here?”

She felt her heart sink, a bit disappointed when suddenly she found herself being pinned against a cold surface, the door slamming shut behind her as a hard, lean body now pressed against her. Before she could even make a sound, ravenous lips smashed against hers for a demanding kiss, while two strong hands seemed to want to cover every inch of her as they travelled up and down her frame.

“Spike…” She managed to breathe once his lips abandoned hers and proceeded to kiss her earlobe as he buried his face in her soft curls.

“What took you so long?” She heard him ask with a hoarse voice as he continued to lick and suck at the tender flesh of her neck, his chest still pressing against hers, his hips pinning hers to the wooden surface.

She gasped when she felt something long and hard pressing against her stomach and suddenly she wasn’t able to speak.

“I… um…”

“I’ve been dying here, Summers.” He breathed, as his left hand came to cup her breast over the cotton of her sweater.

“My mom…” She tried to form a coherent sentence, but it seemed impossible as she watched him step away from her for just enough time to bring his shirt and t-shirt over his head. He let the garments drop to the floor as his mouth attacked her collarbone and his hands wormed their way under her sweater, eagerly travelling up her frame and bunching it up.

“Off…” She was able to hear him say between the series of open mouth kisses he was placing at the base of her throat.

“I… my mom…” She tried to speak, her hands feebly trying to push him away from her so she would be able to form a coherent line of thought, but her body betrayed her as her fingers lingered down his back.

His hands grabbed the hem of her sweater and yanked it up further. In a second it lay discarded on the floor, next to his clothes as Spike started working on her white lacy bra while his mouth dropped to kiss the upper curve of her breasts.

“Spike…” She breathed, her eyebrows frowning a bit as she tried hard to concentrate. “My mom’s-”

She was cut off by Spike’s lips as they found hers once again. His tongue used the opportunity to slip into her partially open mouth and quickly moved to explore the inside, while his hands blindly worked on the clasp of her bra.

He sighed into her mouth when he finally opened it. His fingers travelled over her shoulders, dragging the thin strings down her arms. He pulled away to watch the small piece of fabric fall to the floor and expose two small, round globes.

He started at them for a second, his breath catching in his throat for a moment as he saw her bare breasts for the first time.

The moment of pause gave Buffy enough time to rewire her brain so she was able to say what she had been trying to since he had started kissing her. Quickly, she bent over, hastily picking up all the discarded clothes and shoving his against his chest as she breathed:

“My mom’s not in bed yet.”

Spike snapped out of his thought and partially pouted when he saw her cover herself and push him away.

“What?” He asked still a bit dazed.

“My mom! She’s still up. She can come in at any-“

She was cut off by the sound of a door being closed down the hall.

“I guess your mom’s gone to bed.” Spike managed to say before grabbing the clothes, throwing them on the floor and wrapping his arms around her small form to crush his mouth against hers.

Buffy moaned into the kiss, as they stumbled back to the bed. She gasped as their bodies impacted against the soft mattress, his mouth leaving hers to trail down her neck, his hands masterfully sneaking between their bodies to work on the buttons of her jeans.

She was about to protest, but lost all intent when she felt his lips encircle one hardened nipple, his hand cupping her breast to direct the tender flesh into his mouth.

She seemed lost in the feeling, only breaking out of it when she felt him tug her jeans down her legs. She quickly toed her shoes off, enabling him to strip her of all her remaining clothing.

He propped himself up on his hands, hovering over her as he gazed down at her naked form. She felt the flush raise to her cheeks under the intense stare and thanked whatever gods there were that she hadn’t been able to turn on the lights and that the only brightness filling the room were the soft rays of the moon streaming from the window.

One strong hand came to cup her cheek and force her to look up at him.

“God… you’re so beautiful.” He breathed dropping to kiss her.

She moaned into his mouth as his hips moved between hers and the rough material of his jeans brushed against the tender spot where her legs came together.

Blindly, her hands travelled down his chest to find his zipper, quickly pulling it down and popping the top button open. She smiled against his mouth when she realised he wasn’t wearing any underwear… again. Her small finger hocked on the hem of the jeans and pulled them down his hips to his knees, where her feet came into play and helped push the denim further down, till they were bunched up around his ankles.

Spike struggled a bit with his boots. Stupid combat boots. Why did he wear them? He grumbled inwardly as he found himself forced to abandon her to sit down at the edge of the bed and work at the laces of his boots. In record time, he had them off and was safely in her arms, his mouth travelling down her neck to claim her breast once again.

Her fingers dug into his bleached curls, as his mouth worked on one of her breasts while one of his hands kneaded the other. He expertly fingered her hardened nipple into a frenzy and then, slowly trailed down the side of her stomach to dive between her legs.

Buffy threw her head back as she felt him trace the contours of her feminine folds without daring to go any further. She moaned, a bit desperate as he continued to play with her outer lips, moving up and down, carefully avoiding her centre as well as the needy bundle of nerves at the apex.

“Want something, pet?” He asked, grinning against the tender flesh of her breast.

“Spike…” She breathed looking down at him with hungry eyes.

“Yes…?” He continued to question as his tongue curled around her nipple.

“Please…” She moaned as his finger came inches away from her clit, but quickly moved away.

“You sure?” He smiled again.

“Spike!” She protested, swatting him over the shoulder. Why did he always have to tease her like that? “I-“

She stopped in mid sentence as his index finger flickered over her clit.

“Ah…”

“Like that?” He asked as he did it again.

Buffy nodded wildly as her nails dug into his back.

He pressed harder against the sensitive bundle and she moaned under his ministrations. His finger trailed down to find the moist entrance to her womb; it circled its contours a couple of times, causing Buffy to grind her teeth together in expectation. Pushing one long finger into her, he watched in awe as her neck arched as her head fell back on the mattress.

He slowly moved in and out of her, searching for the right stop inside of her with every stroke. He knew he had found it when he heard her breath catch in her throat and a strangled cry escaped her o-shaped lips.

The expert finger continued to massage her, moving in and out, accelerating the pace and building up the rhythm as he stared at her intensely.

He swallowed hard at the sight of her facial muscles contorting in pleasure, as small ravenous mewls reached his ears. He closed his eyes for a second, trying hard to find the control necessary to stop himself from pushing her legs apart and burying himself in her. He tried to focus on anything, but the amazing sounds she was making broke all and any concentration.

“Spike…” She moaned his name and his eyes flew open to see her arched off the mattress to let out a strangled cry as the walls that surrounded his finger contracted wildly; her nails trailed bruising tracks down his arm as she came.

She let her body fall limply on the bed, her eyes closed, her chest raising and falling erratically as she pulled hard breaths from her lungs. Her eyes opened again when she felt his lips brush over her neck.

Her numb hands found their way between their bodies and encircled his hard cock. She bit her bottom lip, when she heard him gasp, his forehead resting on the mattress just over her shoulder.

She slowly began to pump him and felt a chill run down her spine when she heard him mewl:

“Buffy… Missed you so much.” His fingers ran between her long, blonde locks as she worked on him, pushing him closer to the edge with every stroke.

His grip on her hair tightened when she flickered a finger over the sensitive tip, brushing away the few drops of liquid there.

“Wait!” He warned her, freezing on top of her.

“Did it hurt?” She asked a bit unsure. She didn’t have a lot of practice in this and she still felt extremely insecure about it.

“No…” She shook his head as he swallowed dryly. “It’s just… if you do that one more time, I’m gonna come.”

Buffy eyes brightened with female pride at his words.

“Isn’t that the point?” She smiled as she prepared to move her finger again, but one strong grip on her wrist, stopped her.

“It’ll be messy.” He explained.

“Oh…” She realised.

“Plus… I’d rather…” He tilted his head downwards.

“Oh…” She repeated with a mischievous grin as she parted her legs wider, inviting him in.

He pushed his eyelids closed in order to be able to move off the bed.

Buffy frowned a bit and watched as he dug through the pile of clothes on the floor; his actions extremely reminiscent of their first night but, this time, when his hand left the pockets of his jeans it was filled with at least five plastic wrappers. He sat on the bed, quickly working to get the condom. In the meantime, Buffy lay on the bed, dwelling on whether of not to tell him…

“Spike, we don’t need-“

“Just a second.” He halted her with one hand while the other continued to struggle with the prophylactic. “There!” He said triumphantly as he cat-crawled his way to nestle himself between her legs.

Buffy stared wide-eyed up at him, as he positioned himself at her entrance; whatever she had been trying to say before vanished from her mind as his hips dipped down and she felt him push between her wet lips.

Spike shut his eyes and took in a deep breath as he felt her inner walls clamp around him. It wasn’t as big of a shock as it had been the first time, but it still managed to take his breath away just how tight she was. He paused for a second, letting her adjust to him. He opened his eyes to meet hers. He found her with a smile on her lips. The moment he started moving in and out of her, it crumbled, to be replaced by an expression of complete awe and pleasure.

The rhythm began at a slow pace, slowly building up, growing faster and harder with each stoke until his hips were practically slamming into her.

She opened her mouth to let out a silent cry as the tension built inside of her. Even in that moment of complete daze, in a distant part of her mind she still remembered that her mother was sleeping just down the small corridor. She bit down on her bottom lip; hers nails digging into the back of his arms as the pleasure became impossible to suppress, causing him to wince in pain.

“Sorry…” she mewled as her hands dropped to her sides to grasp the sheets underneath her. Her small fingers burrowed into the fabric, nearly ripping it to pieces as she tried to stomp herself from crying out in pleasure.

Spike rolled his eyes back in their sockets as he felt her get tighter and wetter with each stroke.

“Fuck… Buffy.” He mumbled into her neck as his hand came to cup her left breast.

“Spike.” She started as she realised she was closer to the edge. “I can’t… I’m gonna… Oh, God!” She moaned as he moved quickly in and out of her. “I-I’m gonna scream.” She finally managed to say between ragged breaths; her nails still digging into the sheets as she arched off the mattress and prepared to cry out.

“Shh…” He whispered into her ear as his hand abandoned her breast to clamp down on her mouth, muffling her cry. He continued to pump in and out of her, his fingers over her lips as he watched her battle with herself.

Her eyebrows were crunched up to there maximum, her eyes closed shut as soft moans tumbled from her covered mouth and into his hand.

When he thought she had been able to control herself, his grip softened and he let his hand drop to the bed.

“Ah!” She mewled when he pushed harder into her. “Oh, God… Spike. I’m gonna… A-“

Her scream was cut short as his mouth crushed against hers to swallow the cry of pleasure. Behind his closed lips, Spike’s eyes rolled back as he felt her practically squeeze the life out of him as her orgasm surged through her, causing her body to slightly trash underneath his.

In wasn’t long before he was following her; his mouth abandoning hers and falling partially open, his eyes closing tightly shut, his grip on the sheet next to her shoulder tightening before he fell limply on top of her.

He lay motionless until he heard her breathe:

“Need… oxygen here… Being… smothered to… death.”

“Oh, God. I’m sorry.” He said immediately rolling off of her.

He sighed in relief when he saw her smiling up at him.

“Gotcha.” She whispered.

“Ha-ha. Very funny.” He tried to sound annoyed as he sat up on the side of the bed, quickly taking off the used condom before laying back down next to her.

“You could never smother me. Too skinny.” She mocked.

“Look who’s talking.” He retorted.

“Hey!” She frowned.

Smiling he curled his arms around her and brought her against his chest. They lay there for a few seconds, staring up at the ceiling until Buffy broke the stillness:

“Um… Spike…” She began a bit uncertain.

“Yes, pet?”

“It’s… um kinda cold. Can we get under the covers?”

“Oh, God yes!” He sighed in relief as they immediately stood up and crawled under the sheets.

“Oh, God yes?” She frowned as she lay on the bed, her head coming to rest on his chest as her left leg swung over his.

“It was cold. But if *I* had said anything about it, *I* would have been an insensitive creep who was trying to sneak himself out of the mandatory post-coitus cuddling session.” Spike explained.

“I wouldn’t have thought you were an insensitive creep.” She defended herself.

“Right. Buffy. With our record, I’m amazed you haven’t come up with an excuse to kick me out of your bed by now.”

“Hey!” She protested propping her chin on his chest to look up at him.

“It’s true.”

“Is not.”

“Is too.”

“Is not.”

“See. We’re already fighting.” He noted.

“Are not. You are just-“

She was cut off by his mouth as his hand cupped the back of her head and forced her to kiss him. Soon she was eagerly replying, her tongue worming its way into his mouth to deepen the kiss. She mewled in protest when he pulled away.

“I guess the only way to keep us from fighting is to kiss you.” He said with a wicked grin.

“I think I like that technique.” She smiled back at him, giving him a light peck on the lips before resting on his chest once again.

They lay on the bed, in a tight in embrace as Buffy let out a soft sigh.

“What?” Spike asked.

“I like this.” She smiled, trailing small kisses on his chest.

“I like this too. And we could’ve been doing this last night too, if you’d only trust me.” Spike replied. He tried to make it sound like a childish retort, but she could see a glimpse of hurt in his eyes.

“I’m sorry.” She apologized as she looked up at him.

“It’s ok.”

“No, it’s not. I should have trusted you. It’s just that… you just made the whole thing so secretive, what was I supposed to do?”

“Oh, I don’t know? Trust me.” He jibed, receiving a light swat over his right arm.

“I said I was sorry.”

“I know, pet.” He leaned in and gave her a light peck on the forehead.

“I mean, how was I supposed to know that you were all ‘defender of the oppressed’?”

Spike smiled at the title.

“Poor Andrew. Having a crush on that poofter. Bloody rotten taste.”

At his words, Buffy couldn’t help but giggle against his skin.

“What?” He enquired with a frown but got no answer. “What?” he insisted.

“Oh, nothing.”

“Buffy…”

“I think Andrew has evolved in his taste of men. Much like I have.

“Come again?”

Buffy looked up as him, her chin now resting on her hand that lay over his chest as her eyes sparkled mischievously at him.

“I don’t think Andrew likes Angel anymore.”

“Really?”

“Really. Especially now that he has his knight in shining armour.” Buffy giggled again as her fingers ran over the contours of his pectoral muscles.

“Huh?”

Buffy shook her head. It was amazing just how blind Spike was sometimes.

“Andrew has a crush on you.” She announced.

“What!?”

“Andrew. Has. A. Crush. On. You.” She pronounced each word as carefully as she could.

“What? No. He likes the ponce.” Spike replied.

“Spike. Everyone at the school knows this. Just like everyone knew that he was gay Except you, apparently. I mean, the way he stares at you during lunchtime is a dead giveaway. And why do you think you won for Homecoming King. It’s not like you’re Mr. Popularity.” At Spike’s still confused look she continued: “He rigged the votes.” Spike continued to stare dumbly at her and she patted him on the chest as she said in a motherly tone: “Trust me. He has a crush on you.”

“No, he does not.” Spike insisted.

“Fine. He doesn’t. Whatever.” Buffy rolled her eyes as she turned on her side, her back facing him.

There was a moment of silence, before Spike awkwardly asked:

“Andrew has a crush on me?”



Chapter 33:


She exhaled sharply as she rolled onto her back, feeling the sheets caress her naked skin as she moved. Her eyes sluggishly fluttered open as rough fingers traced her collarbone. She squinted a bit, trying to focus her sight. Slowly, her eyes fixed on his moonlit form. A soft smile spread over her lips as she watched him; his head, slightly tilted, propped up by his left hand while the fingers on his right still rested on her neck.

“Hey…” She greeted with a hoarse voice.

“Hey…” He replied back.

Their gazes remained locked for a couple of seconds.

“What time is it?” She asked as she abruptly moved to her side and reached for the watch on the nightstand. She squinted as she turned on the light. “It’s past six a.m. You better go.” She said turning to face him again, setting the watch back in its place.

“It’s still early.” He protested as he reached over her and turned off the light before his mouth dove for her neck.

“Early? You’re father is gonna be up in an hour.” She noted as her hand half-heartedly reached for the lamp switch but suddenly found herself too weak to do so.

“There’s still time.” He murmured as he traced a series of kisses down her neck and over her collarbone, his weight coming to rest over hers.

“Spike…” She managed to breathe as his mouth reached her breast.

Her head lolled back on the pillow as his tongue encircled her nipple, his teeth occasionally scraping over the tender flesh causing her to tense up, only to relax a few seconds later. His hand cupped her breast, giving it a light squeeze as he brought it closer to his mouth.

Unconsciously, she pouted when he abandoned her breast to travel over her lean stomach, his tongue momentarily diving into her perfectly shaped navel. She was completely lost in the sensation and it was only the subtle pressure he applied over her left leg that broke her out of her daze. His motion caused her to part her thighs and she realised then what his intentions were as she watched his head slither down between her legs.

Her fingers immediately grabbed a hold of his tussled curls, forcing him up and away from her. He looked at her from under a frown:

“What’s the matter?” He asked, a bit disappointed, he had looked forward to this ever since they had made up. He had thought about it, over and over while he waited for more than two hours in her room.

“I don’t want you to.” She replied shyly.

“Wha’? Why not?” He questioned as his chin rested on her stomach.

“I-I just don’t like it, that’s all. You know that. I’ve told you.” She pouted a bit.

Spike simply tilted his head, his eyebrows coming together to let her know that she would have to explain herself better.

She let out a loud sigh and rolled her eyes before she began:

“When Angel and I-“ She stopped for a second when she felt his grip on her thighs grow stronger, his facial muscles twitching at the sound of the quarterback’s name. “When we were together…” His jaw clenched and unclenched, but he remained silent, waiting. “He did… that.” She awkwardly waved her index finger downwards as her eyes travelled all over the walls, trying to avoid his stare. “And it wasn’t really all that special.” She finished, her gaze finally finding his.

“Well…” He purred a little as his chin grazed over her stomach on its way down between her legs. “Maybe the poofter just didn’t know what he was doing.” He grinned a bit as he lowered his mouth to the inside of her thigh and nibbled at it while his eyes remained fixed on hers.

“Or maybe I just don’t like it.” She insisted as she jolted her leg, trying to push him away, but his hands gripped her thighs and forced them down on the mattress.

“Only one way to find out, pet…” He murmured as his placed a trail of open-mouth kisses on her thighs, making his way to the spot where her legs came together.

“Spike, please don’t…” She begged unconvincingly as her hand tried to pull his away. “I don’t want- Ah!”

She let out a strangled cry as his tongue traced the contours of her outer lips.

“I promise, pet…” He whispered as his hands pushed her legs further apart, opening her up to him. “You’ll like it.” He breathed before his lips capture one of her outer folds into his mouth causing her to catch her breath and grip the sheets at her sides.

After suckling at her tender flesh for a few moments, he let it go to look up at her. A proud, cockish grin spread over his lips at the sight of her beautiful, flushed face contorting in pleasure. His eyes continued fixed on her as his tongue darted out to lick her inner folds, tracing them up and down, carefully avoiding the sensitive bundle where they came together.

He slowly tortured her for what seemed like an eternity, lapping at the abundant juices that now coated her. Her body twisted as she anxiously waited for him to make a move and, eventually, he did. His lips finally encircled her clit and her grip on the sheets became tighter, her teeth bit into her lower lip as she tried to stop herself from screaming. His own fingers dug into her thighs as her repressed mewls and moans reached his ears, making it almost impossible to bear. He forced his eyes shut, trying to focus on her as he buried his mouth between her folds. His lips opened over her clit, greedily sucking it into his mouth, causing her to gasp and run her fingers through his bleached locks. His tongue eagerly worked on her as one of his hands abandoned her thighs to dive into her wet heat. He looked up at her once again; the vision of her with her head thrown back, her mouth half-open, gasping for air was, without a doubt, the most erotic sight he had ever witnessed.

She swallowed hard as his fingers traced the contours of her opening, occasionally venturing closer to her entrance, teasing her. Her head lolled left to right as he continued to twirl his tongue around her clit, his finger painfully continuing its teasing.

“Please, Spike, please…” She finally begged shamelessly.

She didn’t have to ask twice as he thrust one long finger into her, causing her to arch her back off the mattress.

“Oh, God!” She mewled as her grip on his hair grew stronger.

“Shhhh… Buffy, they’ll hear.” Spike warned her, stopping his ministrations, his finger still buried inside of her.

“No, don’t stop. Please, don’t stop.” She pleaded desperately.

“Just be quiet.” He whispered.

“I’ll be quiet, I promise. I won’t-I’ll-” Her mumbling was cut short when his finger moved inside of her, searching and probing for just the right stop.

His lips returned to her clit, pulling and pushing at it while his finger, having found its goal, moved in and out, stroking the small surface every time he drove into her. He watched under hooded eyes as she twisted under his ministrations, her face flushed, thrown to one side, biting hard into her pillow as she desperately tried to keep from screaming. It proved impossible when Spike suddenly trust a second finger into her, stretching her and causing the exquisite feeling which had been growing inside of her to explode and flood her entire body.

Spike eyes went wide as her back arched off the mattress again while her inner walls clamped down around his fingers with brutal force. Instinctively, Spike quickly crawled over her body, but before he could cover her mouth a loud, almost inhuman scream pierced through the entire cabin.

Buffy still hadn’t come down from her orgasm when the sound of shattering glass reached her ears.

“They’re up.” Spike announced.

“What?” A very dazed Buffy asked as she watched the bleached teen jump off the bed to rummage through the pile of clothes on the floor.

“Bloody hell!” He hissed giving up and simply shoving all the items under the bed before making a run for the door that lead to his room.


~+~


An instant later and Giles would have caught a glimpse of Spike leaping into his bed as he swung the door open and turned on the lights. Instead, he found his teenage son sitting up straight wiping his mouth with the back of his hand as the thick sheets covered his naked form.

“What happened?” The older man asked as he adjusted his glasses and came to sit on the bed. “Are you alright?”

“I-I’m fine. What was that?” Spike swallowed hard trying to mask his breathlessness as he lied through his teeth.

“Buffy…” Giles realised as he headed for the connecting door.


~+~


The moment one door closed, the other swung open to reveal a female form wrapped in a robe. Joyce palmed the wall trying to find the light switch as she asked:

“Buffy? Are you alright?”

When she was successful, she turned to find a very flushed and breathless Buffy laying on the bed, clutching the covers to her body.

“Did you have another nightmare?” The older woman asked coming to sit on the bed next to her daughter as the door to Spike’s room opened to let in Giles.

“Is she ok?”

“I-I” Buffy struggled with a reply. The stuttering grew worse when, a few moments later, Spike entered the room wearing a t-shirt and a pair of boxers. She swallowed hard as she tried to ignore the cocky grin on the teen’s face and focus on what her mother was asking her.

“What? Um… Yeah, I-I had another nightmare. I-It was nothing. I’m fine. Really.” She insisted; her eyes never leaving Spike’s as she felt the delicious afterglow crawl its way through her entire body.

“Are you sure you’re ok? I mean, you usually sleep so well. Did something happen?” Joyce questioned, oblivious to the looks exchanged between the two teens.

“I’m fine mom. It’s probably just from sleeping in a strange bed. That’s all.” She tried to justify.

“Are you sure? I don’t-“

“Mom! I’m fine.” She assured her.

“Maybe it was because of those horrible sounds earlier tonight.” Giles offered.

“Horrible sounds?” Buffy asked with a frown.

“Yes, didn’t you hear it? There was all this banging and shrieking. God awful noise kept me up till two in the morning.” Giles elaborated.

“Oh! Those sounds!” Buffy felt her heart leap to her throat and the flush spread to her cheeks as she looked wide-eyed at Spike.

“Probably racoons.” The bleached teen offered calmly, but inside his heart skipped a beat. “Going through the garbage, is all.”

“Maybe.” Giles agreed.

“But you’re ok now, right?” Joyce insisted.

Buffy simply nodded as she pushed her lips together. The older woman smiled, running her hand over her child’s face before turning to look at her wristwatch.

“Well, it’s seven am already. No sense going back to bed now, is there? Plus we have to go into town to buy the things we need for dinner tonight.” She said a bit excitedly, standing up. “You better get up.”

Buffy pouted a bit and dropping her head she looked up at her mother:

“Mom, do you mind if I skip the whole shopping thing? I kinda didn’t get much sleep last night either. On account of those… pesky racoons.” She added, throwing Spike a dirty look at the last part of the sentence.

“Ok. If you’re tired. But don’t stay in bed for too long.” Joyce agreed.

“Um… Da. Can I skip it too?” Spike ventured.

“Wasn’t expecting you to come anyway.” Giles replied with a half grin as he exited the room closely followed by Joyce, leaving the two teens alone in the room.

The moment the door closed, Buffy was off the bed and had her arms wrapped around Spike’s neck as her mouth came crashing over his, almost causing him to lose his balance.

“That was amazing!” Buffy muttered against his t-shirt when the kiss finally broke.

“Yes, it was.” He replied, still a bit shaken by the fact that he had naked-Buffy pressing against him.

She was about to speak when she heard the sound of a door opening coming from the hall. In a flash, she was once again buried between her sheets.

“Better wait till they leave.” She whispered.


~+~


She held her ear up against the wood, nervously twirling her fingers around the edges of her sleeves as she strained to hear what was going on in the hall. She waited patiently for the pounding of footsteps to grow weaker and weaker before opening her door and popping her head into the hall. She sighed audibly when she heard the front door closing and ran for the window just in time to see Giles enter the car and close the door. The instant the engine roared, she was off towards the connecting door, swinging it open to crash into Spike.

“Ouch!” They both called out in unison.

“You ok?” Buffy asked. Spike wasn’t even able to finish his nod before Buffy was already on him. “Good!” she breathed between kisses as she pushed him towards the bed.

Spike raised an eyebrow as his back hit the mattress. He found himself staring up at Buffy, who was still standing in front of him; a lust-filled look on her face.

“Since when did you become such a sex-starved minx?” He questioned with a cocky grin plastered over his lips but it soon crumbled, being replaced by a gaping mouth the moment she lifted her nightgown over her head to reveal her completely naked form to him.

Silently, she crawled over his body, placing one knee on either side of him, her chest pressing against his. Her mouth dropped to his earlobe, taking it in as she twirled her tongue around it. She smiled when she heard him gasped. God, she loved hearing him gasp like that!

“Buffy…” He moaned when she bit into his flesh.

She moved away from his ear, tracing hungry kisses along his jaw until she found his mouth and let her tongue invade it.

“You.” Kiss “Were.” Peck “Amazing.” She ended by letting her tongue linger over his lips for a few seconds.

“So, I’ve been told.” He grinned.

Buffy froze and in his mind Spike kicked himself for what he had just said. ‘Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!’ He screamed inwardly as he watched her sit up straight and give him a deadly glare.

“Oh, really? And by whom, may I ask?”

“No one.” He answered immediately.

Suddenly, she jumped off of him, picked up her nightgown and slammed the door on her way to her room.

“Wha’?” He asked from his sprawled position on the bed.

He had no reply.

“Buffy, what’s wrong?” He questioned standing up and going after her.

She gave him no answer, stomping her way around the room in her nightdress, looking under the bed, picking up his clothes and shoving them against his chest.

“Out!” She spat.

“What happened?” He pretended not know.

“Nothing.” She said between clenched teeth as she pulled and pushed at the sheets in a very angry attempt to make her bed. “So I’ve been told.” She muttered under her breath, making it almost incomprehensible for him.

“Oh, come on Buffy. I was joking.”

“No, you weren’t.” She contoured, glaring at him.

“Fine! So I wasn’t lying.” He admitted. “Buffy, you gotta understand that I did *have* a life before we got together and it involved other girls.”

“So did *I*!” She retorted, letting go of the sheets for a second before going back to making the bed. “But I don’t go around throwing it in your face.”

“I wasn’t-“ He tried to defend himself but was quickly cut off.

“Oh, yeah, right.” She huffed. “You weren’t.” She grumbled.

“Come on, Buffy.” The moment he took a step towards her she stood up straight and stared up at him.

“I don’t go around gloating about all the things that Angel and I did together. And believe me, we did *a lot.*” She lied.

Spike swallowed hard as he tried to control the anger that slowly started to build inside of him.

“Actually, we did everything!” She revealed giving him a lascivious look.

“Good for you.” He managed to say between clenched teeth.

“You bet it was.” She immediately retorted. “It was amazing! I-It was *really* amazing!” She insisted, oblivious to the twitching of his facial muscles as she returned to her task and pulled at the covers again. “I mean, he’s the quarterback, those muscles really come in handy when you need-“

She wasn’t able to finish her sentence, feeling the wind being knocked out of her as she suddenly found herself laying on her back, on the bed with Spike hovering over her, between her legs. She was about to protest when she felt his hand quickly crawling its way under her nightgown until it found the small mound of curls at the apex of her thighs.

She exhaled sharply, fighting to keep her eyes open when his fingers began to tease her still sensitive flesh. “Was it really that great?” He asked against her mouth.

She parted her lips as she tried to reach up to kiss him but his free hand now held a strong grip on her golden locks, keeping her mouth just inches away from his.

“Was it?” He repeated.

She didn’t answer as she continued to struggle against his hold on her hair.

“Was it…” He paused for a moment as his finger entered her wet opening and slowly massaged her inner walls.

“Ah!” She cried out.

“…this good?”

He grinned against her skin when she began to vigorously shake her head in denial.

He pumped in and out of her a couple more times before pulling completely out and pushing himself off of her. She was a bit taken by surprise at the sudden loss of exquisite contact.

“Wha’?” She asked a bit dazed as she propped herself up on her shoulders

“Just wanted to make sure.” He grinned down on her as he headed back to his room.

“Why you little…” She began as she ran after him.