Hi there again people. Sorry it took me so long to update but I was suffering major writers block! Thank you all for such a huge response whether or not I should continue! I love you all!

******

Buffy yanked herself away from Spike’s lips, not caring if his hands were still buried in her hair.

She looked at him with wide eyes, slightly panting. They just stared at each other for a moment before reached out her arm and jabbed him sharply in the arm with her finger hard enough to bruise, “What the fuck was that?!” Another poke, “Are you really that much of a son of bitch to kiss me?!” Poke, this time harder. “To kiss me when my stepsister is having your baby!?” Buffy gave him one last extremely sharp poke, “Who you are more than likely going to be marrying?! My god you're an asshole!”

“Buff…” Spike started but she raised her hand to shush him.

“Don’t even Spike,” she shook her head, getting out of the care, “Don’t even try.”

She left him there, slightly stunned and rubbing his sore arm.

Bloody hell she could poke hard.

******

Buffy stood outside of Faith’s house, tears welling in her eyes but she refused to let them fall. She raised her finger to ring the doorbell and winced slightly when she pushed it. One or two hard pokes sure as hell could make your finger hurt.

She waited for a few seconds before the door swung open. Faith looked her friend over once before pulling her into a hug, no questions asked.

Buffy rested her head on Faith’s shoulder and sighed heavily. They stayed that way for a second before Faith pulled away and led her into the house.

“Tell Faith what happened,” Faith urged as they sat down on one of the plush living room couches.

Buffy closed her eyes and fell back into the welcoming cushions, “Spike kissed me.”

Faith nodded and bit her lip before asking, “Like a hey Harmony’s stepsister Buffy peck or a…”

“Full blown, tongue induced, let’s go somewhere and fuck kiss?” Buffy finished, opening her eyes and looking at Faith, “The last option.”

Faith couldn’t help but laugh, “Nicely put B. Couldn’t have said it any better myself.” She paused before smirking, “So was it totally hot?”

“Faith!” Buffy whined, “How hot it was doesn’t matter! It was wrong!”

Faith gave her knowing look, “Are you telling me or asking me?”

“I’m…I’m telling you,” Buffy insisted, her voice not at all convincing, “I can't like him and I sure as hell can't go around making out with him! It makes me a whore!” She gave Faith a pleading look before asking, “Am I a whore?”

The brunette rolled her eyes, “Hardly. You're not a whore Buffy and you know what? I bet the baby isn't even Spike’s. I heard that Harmony spreads her legs for more guys that ten Anya’s put together.”

“You can't just go around accusing…” Buffy started. It was an appealing thought really but it as also unfair.

Faith shrugged before saying, “Believe whatever you want to believe Buffy. I say we call Anya and Willow and stuff ourselves with junk food while drooling over our favorite movie hotties. No school for us tomorrow.”

“Faith, I can't just…”

“Nope, no school for us tomorrow,” Faith school her head stubbornly, “Come on B. You know you want to.”

Well, maybe a little…

******

Saturday was here again. Finally. Saturday was a good day for Buffy. No school, no work, no responsibility. She could just go out with the girls and pretend like she didn’t have a trouble in the world. The keyword of that was ‘pretend’ of course.

Willow grimaced as Faith handed Buffy her drink, Red Bull and vodka, aka liquid cocaine. It was lethal. She’d given up the no drinking thing. She was in the mood to get totally trashed and by god she would.

“Uh hey,” they all looked up at the voice.

Xander Harris stood there is hands in his pockets, his shoulders shrugged and staring right at Anya.

Anya beamed at him, “Hi.”

“Listen, I…uh…I was wondering…” he stuttered, trying to get out the right words. How hard was it Harris?! ‘Let’s dance’, that’s all he’d meant to say and now here he was fumbling over his words like an idiot!

Anya smiled at him seemingly oblivious to what a hard time he was having, “Let’s dance!”

He stopped short before giving her a grateful smile, “Sure.”

With that Anya jumped up from her seat, thrusting her drink at Willow and locked arms with Xander before they headed out to dance.

“Ahh,” Faith smirked as they all watched them dance. The boy had no rhythm but Anya didn’t seem to care, “They’re so cute together.”

Buffy threw back her drink and scowled, “I guess.”

Faith gave her a look, “Someone sounds a little bitter.”

“I’m not bitter because Anya is out there being all happy dancing with a guy she really likes and I’m stuck here trying to get drunk with no boy that I really like okay?!”

Willow and Faith both just stared at her.

“I’m going to get another drink,” Buffy grumbled, “Thank god for this fake I.D…”

Buffy stalked up to the bar, still grumbling to herself. She wasn’t bitter! She was happy for Anya and besides there wasn’t even a guy she really liked anyways! Liar. The bitchy little voice in her head was back.

She leaned up against the bar and ordered her drink all while still losing the battle against the truth telling, bitchy little voice that always seemed to come back and haunt her.

“Buffy right?”

Buffy whipped around at the voice, being pulled out of her thoughts, “Huh?”

In front of her was Riley Finn, one of the idiot jocks that hung around with Harmony. Oh yippee! He chose now to honor her with his presence!

He laughed lightly and gave her a boyish little smile, “You're Buffy Summers right?”

Buffy nodded back, taking her drink from the bartender, “That could be me.” The urge to ask him what the hell he wanted was strong. The urge to tell him to go fuck off was even stronger.

‘Play Nice!’ the bitchy little voice scolded, ‘We can use this to our advantage!’

“Riley Finn,” he introduced himself, “I saw you at the bar all alone and I thought I’d come say hi.”

Buffy forced a sexy little smile across her lips, “I know who you are silly and that was very nice of you.” The way she’d purred out the word ‘very’ almost had her gagging. “Do you wanna dance?”

There was that stupid smile again, Buffy thought as he nodded happily. Someone really should tell him it makes him look like an even bigger idiot than he really is.

She let him take her by the arm and guide her out to the floor. As only her luck would have it, the upbeat song that had been playing ended and a slow song started. Great. She was really starting to wish she hadn't listened to the bitchy little voice.

******

Spike had been watching her since he’d arrived at the Bronze that night but he still hadn't made his presence known. It wasn’t becoming exceedingly hard not to go and rip her out of White Bread’s arms as he watched them dance.

He’d kissed the bloody bitch because he had feelings for her. There he’d finally admitted it. He had rather strong feeling towards her actually and she’d poked him repeatedly while calling him names in response.

Now out of all things, she was out there letting that pounce openly grope her while they danced.

It should have been him doing that goddamnit!

Of course during all of this, Harmony never once entered his mind.

“For the love of god,” a female voice sighed, “Go get your girl before you spontaneously combust from jealously. You sitting her and glaring at them is just pathetic.” It was Buffy’s friend Faith and she had a smirk on her face that rivaled his.

“I’m not pathetic,” he grumbled at her, “If she wants to dance with the wanker she can. I don’t give a damn!”

“I’m so convinced,” Faith said, her voice dripping with sarcasm, “Fine, if you want to just sulk in the background like a complete pansy, you be my guest. Have a good night Spike.” She smirked at him once more before walking away.

He looked back over to the dance floor as the song was ending and stood up.

He’d make Buffy at least listen to him.

******
hey, would anyone be willing to beta for me? I’ll give you cookies…