The song in this chapter is called Tuesday Morning by Michelle Branch. I’d strongly recommend listening to it while you read the part where it’s used. If you can't, then read the words because it hints heavily at what’s to come…
******

Buffy wasn’t sure if she’d rather smack or thank Spike for dragging away from Riley.

Sure she was thankful for a reason to get away from the idiot but he’d had to pull the macho shit. Guys were truly clueless.

“What do you want Spike?” she snapped with a little more irritation than she really felt.

“What do you mean what do you want Spike?” he snapped back, “What the fuck were you doing dancing with Captain America?”

Buffy blinked at him a few times, her hands still firmly in place before stating, “You're jealous.”

Score for Buffy and the bitchy little voice.

He sighed and raked a hand through his hair, “Will you just bloody well hear me out if I say yes?”

Buffy pretended to think about it for a moment before nodding, “Okay.”

“I’m jealous of you dancing with that pillock.”

Suppressing a smile, she shrugged and repeated, “Okay,” and then started to pretend to walk away.

“Buffy…” he practically growled, grabbing onto her arm.

She turned and was about to jerk away, telling him not to touch her when their eyes locked and she suddenly found herself short of breath. When did they get so blue?

And this folks was the beginning of the end for Buffy Anne Summers.

She kissed him.

******

Spike made her feel like a queen.

He made her feel like she was perfect.

He made her feel warm and loved.

He made her feel like a whore.

It hurt so bad watching them in public acting as though they were in love. More importantly how he acted like he loved her, like he was ready to have a family with her.

Everyone bought it of course.

Sometimes he was so good, she bought it just a little too.

Three months ago she’d become the ‘other woman’. She’d become the one thing after Angel she’d hated most.

No matter what her feelings for Spike were, it was slowly but surely killing her, eating away at her from the inside out. No one knew it but Buffy Summers was a rather good actress. Not once had she ever let it shown.

She knew it had to end soon. Soon he’d be getting married and having a family with his girlfriend, leaving her out in the cold.

Buffy laughed bitterly.

The cold was where she belonged after all of this.

She set the drawing pencil she’d been using and closed her eyes trying her hardest to repress the tears that kept coming back to haunt her time after time.

“Buffy?” Dawn knocked before entering the room. She took one look at her sister before asking gently, “Buffy, what’s wrong?”

Buffy shook her head and wiped away her tears, “Nothing Dawn. What’s up?”

“This came for you in the mail today,” Dawn explained, handing her sister a large creamy white envelope. Buffy’s heart skipped a beat when she noticed the seal.

Dawn forgotten, she slowly started to open the envelope. She paused, taking a deep breath when it was finally open all the way before she carefully slipped out the contents. She unfolded the letter as though if she went to fast or gripped it a little to tight it might burst into flames right before her eyes.

Chère Mlle Summers, nous sommes heureux de vous informer que vous avez été
accepté à L'école des Beaux Arts


Roughly translated it read, Dear Miss Summers, we are happy to inform you that you were accepted at the School of Beautiful Arts.

******

I remember stormy weather
The way the sky looks when it's cold
And you were with me
Content with walking
So unaware of the world


“Hey pet,” Spike greeted her softly as she got into his car. He reached over and took Buffy, the girl that had completely stolen his heart without even trying, into his arms.

“Hey,” Buffy greeted, resting her head on his shoulder with a soft sigh.

It was cold and rainy outside and all either one of them wanted was to get lost in the moment, to get lost in each other.

“Let’s get out of here,” he whispered into her hair.

“Okay,” she whispered back, “Please don’t drive me home tonight Spike. I don’t want to be alone.”

He pulled away and gave her a concerned look, “Are you okay pet?”

Buffy nodded, swallowing a salty lump of tears, “Of course I am. I’m with you aren't I?”

He seemed to buy it because he smirked at her before giving her a quick peck on the lips and started up the ignition.

They drove away with him completely oblivious to everything.

Please don't drive me home tonight
'Cause I don’t wanna feel alone
Please don't drive me home tonight
'Cause I don't wanna go
Tuesday morning
In the dark
I was finding out
Who you are


The second they were in the motel room, they were ripping at each other’s clothes.

Buffy pulled away from Spike’s lips panting, “Can we take it slow tonight Spike? Just love me?”

“Anything for you luv,” he murmured, nuzzling into her neck and breathing in her scent. He started to lick and suck at her neck, still muttering sweet nothings into her neck, promising her his heart, promising her the world.

Buffy had to fight back the urge to cry.

All of the emotional pain she was feeling was soon forgotten as Spike removed her bra and started to give her breast the same attention as he had just given her neck.

How was she supposed to give him up?

Was school really worth leaving him?

Yes.

She had to be strong for once in her life.

If she left for Paris or not, they would never had a happy ending.

She wanted that Hollywood ending so bad it hurt.

I took your picture
While you were sleeping
And then I paced around the room
If I had known then
That these things happen
Would they have happened with you?


He made love to her so sweetly, so gently that it almost made her forget everything. For just a moment nothing else mattered in the world but them. No one existed but them. Why couldn’t it just stay that way? Why couldn’t she always have Spike making her feel wonderfully, deliciously alive?

“Oh god,” Spike moaned out, keeping his slow, steady pace, “I love you Buffy. I love you so bloody much.”

The tears, the tears that were nothing new lately came back with a vengeance, “I love you to Spike. I’ll always love you.”

Spike sought out his girl’s lips. He’d finally told her. He loved her and she loved him back. At that moment life was perfect. There was no Harmony or no baby. Times like these were to perfect. She made them perfect.

Buffy could feel her orgasm approaching. She knew he was close to coming also because he was started to speed up, his strokes becoming slightly harder.

She dug her fingernails into his back, clinging onto him for dear life.

She wasn’t ready to let go quite yet.

To soon for Buffy, she came with a soft cry of his name and he followed shortly.

“I really do love you Buffy,” he whispered, wrapping his arms around her small body.

The sense of lost almost overwhelmed her as he pulled out of her. She snuggled her body into his and sighed out, “I know Spike. I really love you to.”

Yet she had to let go.

Please don't drive me home tonight
'Cause I don’t wanna feel alone
Please don't drive me home tonight
'Cause I don't wanna go
Tuesday morning
In the dark
I was finding out
Who I was


Buffy was sitting in the chair across from the bed hotel room bed watching Spike sleep. She pulled out her sketch book out of her bag that she’d found somewhere near the door.

He was truly beautiful.

Needing something to take with her, something to hold on to she started to draw. Her barely ever left him. Soon enough she had Spike looking like an angel, her angel, on paper. It was almost to much to take.

She looked out the window to see that the rain had cleared up and the sun was starting to come up.

She had to get out of here soon.

And if you turned around to see me and I was gone
You should have looked outside your window
'Cause the sun was coming up
The sun was coming up


Buffy carefully laid a folded piece of paper down on the pillow next to Spike and gave him a lingering butterfly kiss on his lips.

The last kiss they would ever share.

Needless to say, Buffy Anne Summers left that hotel with tears running down her cheeks, following a very familiar path.

Please don't drive me home tonight
'Cause I don’t wanna feel alone
Tuesday morning
In the dark
We were finding out
Who we are
Tuesday morning
In the dark
We were finding out
Who we are
Who we are
Who we are
Who we are


******

Buffy knew Milly was up at the crack of Dawn. She was the one person she had to say goodbye to. She could never just leave Milly.

She approached the quaint little house with the sweetest blue shutters and white picket fence and rang the doorbell.

About an minute passed before the door opened and a fully dressed Milly stood there. She gave Buffy a warm smile and asked, “Suga? What are you doing here at this time of the morning?”

Buffy gave her a sad smile, “I’m leaving for Paris. I stopped by here to say goodbye before I head to the airport.”

Milly’s smile matched hers now as she pulled Buffy into her arms “You got into art school darling? I’m so proud of you. You're living out your dreams baby.”

Buffy nodded against Milly’s shoulder, “I’m leaving it all behind. All the good and the bad. I’m starting new.” Buffy raised her head and smiled, “I want my Hollywood ending.”

“And I want you to have that Hollywood Ending baby,” Milly was in tears now, “You go and you get the Hollywood ending for me but most importantly for yourself.”

Buffy pulled away and nodded sadly, “I will Milly, I will.”

“Oh,” Buffy suddenly remember the second reason why she’d come to see Milly. She pulled out her sketch book from one of the suitcase Dawn had set out for her, that she’d stuck it in when she’d come to pick it. She flipped it open and started to go through the pages until she found what she wanted. She pulled out the watercolor she’d done and handed it to Milly.

It was identical to the photo of her and Charlie she’d given Buffy months ago.

Milly looked up at Buffy with happy tears in her eyes and whispered, “Thank you.”

Buffy smiled, “I thought you deserved your Hollywood ending too. We all do.”

******

Everything looks so small from the window of a plane, Buffy thought.

She was on her way to Paris now.

She was on her way to start her new life.

Without Spike.

THE END













KIDDING! No that’s not the end! *Laughs evilly* Just wanted to give you all a little scare…