I’m glad you're all liking this! Extra thanks to anyone who poked my boyfriend for me. I now have it all worked out with him. I simply told him if he ditched me for his friends again, the next time he’d be getting any would be with himself. It seemed to work because he spent all day kissing my ass. Go figure.
******

“Oh come on, are you scared?” Buffy smiled wickedly at her new found friend that she really, really wanted to jump.

Spike had showed up at her door about a half hour ago and hadn't left to go back to Harmony yet. Instead they were going through her extensive music collecting and talking. Now, Buffy had pulled out her prized tarot cards and he was being a big baby.

“I don’t believe in that rubbish,” he denied, shaking his head no way,

“Then what’s the harm? I mean if you don’t believe in this stuff and you think it’s fake, is it going to kill you to let me do a simple three card reading?” she asking, starting to pout.

That lip was going to be his downfall, Spike decided as he resisted the urge to lean in and take her lower lip in between his teeth, “Fine. Let’s get this over with.”

Buffy giggled slightly, “Try and sound a little less enthusiastic why don’tcha?”

He grumbled something that Buffy roughly translated as ‘loony bint’ under is breath causing Buffy to laugh again. Well so much for that ‘he’s a total asshole’ theory she had been planning on going with. Damn him.

With a small smile, she shuffled and cut the deck before laying three cards from the top in a row, the past, the present and the future.

Buffy flipped over the first card and looked up at him, “The first card is your past. It can represent the distant past just as well as it could represent yesterday. The Magician.”

“And that means…?” he raised a scarred eyebrow.

“The Magician can mean action, power, originality, confidence, individuality, willpower, new beginnings, and potential BUT before you let that cocky smile take over your face it can mean abuse of power and deception,” Buffy explained before she turned over the second card, “The Moon, while it can mean confusion, high charged emotions, lies, deceit and even fear on the positive side the light of the moon is supposed to illuminate a path to new possibilities.”

Buffy was about to turn over the final card when her bedroom door swung open and a pissed off Harmony entered,” Blondie Bear! Why the hell are you in here?!”

“Uh…” he started but got cut off by Buffy.

“He was talking to my mom for I while and then I lured him into my room with my wicked, wanton intentions,” Buffy shrugged, “No harm, no foul. Can have him back now if you want.”

Harmony glared at her, her lips pursed together in anger giving her a rabid dog look, or at least Buffy thought so, “Stay away from my boyfriend bitch.”

The urge to laugh was almost uncontrollable. To stop the impending laughter, she did what she did best. Sarcasm. Buffy put on her very best shamed look, “I’m so sorry. It looks like you’ve uncovered my evil plans to steal your precious Blondie Bear right before your eyes. I’ve never been so ashamed.”

Now it was Spike’s turn to try to control laughter.

Harmony in return just glared even more before grabbing onto Spike’s arm and dragging him out of the room, slamming the door behind them.

Buffy just shrugged. Like she cared. She had a new hobby anyways, that being pissing off her dear stepsister. It was easy, fun and rewarding.

She glanced over at the unturned card on her bed before flipping it over to see what Spike’s future held.

The Lovers card.

******

Buffy looked herself over in the mirror once more before deciding she looked hot in her white cotton baby doll dress and black cashmere sweater with half sleeves that she’d beaded a red rose on with red sequins herself. Bangles of every color, size and shape adorned her thin wrists along with a small silver cross necklace her father had given her last year on her sixteenth birthday. Her hair was down in soft wavy curls curtsey of her new curling iron, she had battle scars from this, and her make up was nothing more then light mascara, rosy cheeks and baby pink lips. Finally, her favorite part of her outfit was her Partridge Family style wedge platforms that she’d mastered walking in recently. Yeah, so what if they killed her feet? They looked good.

She turned away from the mirror and grabbed her canvas bag she’d painted a landscape with the Eiffel Tower in it before heading downstairs.

Of course with her luck she met Harmony coming out of her room, heading downstairs also. The other blonde gave her a nasty glare before pushing Buffy aside and gliding down the stairs in a huff.

“Buffy,” Patrick greeted her with a cheerful smile. A little too cheerful for Buffy’s taste. Something was up.

“Patrick,” Buffy replied with a small smile that she’d forced across her lips. Nothing about him brought a smile for her.

“Follow me,” he ordered, getting up from a stool at the breakfast nook, “I bought you a welcoming present against Joyce’s orders of course. I really hope you like it dear.”

Buffy mentally cringed at the ‘dear’. If he called her sweetie she was out of here.

He lead her through the living room to the front door and out to the driveway. Buffy stood frozen as she saw her ‘present’.

Parked in the driveway was a cherry red Mustang with two black stripes up the hood and down the back gleaming in the sun.

“It’s a beautifully restored nineteen sixty-seven Ford Mustang. This baby a true California car just like you are California girl,” he explained, a proud smile on his face, “You like?”

“Like?” Buffy asked in wonderment, her fingers lightly tracing over the hood, “More like love! This car is amazing!”

“Then it’s yours,” Patrick shrugged, tossing the keys to a still bewildered Buffy.

“Are you serious?” she asked with wide eyes.

He nodded back at her, “Completely.”

That’s when Buffy’s eyes narrowed slightly, “Are you trying to buy me?”

He paused for a second before asking, “Yes. Is it working?”

Buffy looked up at Patrick, “Uh, yeah, duh.”

“Good then,” he smirked slightly before heading back into the house.

Buffy watched his retreating back and sighed. Okay she was such a sell out. She’d let herself be bought by the enemy. She glanced at the car once more and felt slightly better.

Come on, the car was hot. Who wouldn’t have taken it? She wasn’t a sell out, she was just sensible…right?

******

The bitch had put a hit out on her. Harmony had put out a fucking social hit on her! No one would so much as look at her and when she’d stopped and asked for directions to her homeroom, she’d been ignored. It was becoming increasingly clear that she did not like to be ignored.

And now here she was having a battle of the wits with her locker and getting her ass kicked.

“You need some help?” an amused female voice came from behind her.

Buffy turned with a sigh to see a brunette girl dressed in tight black leather pants and an equally tight red tank top. Her lips were quirked into a tiny amused smirk.

“I’m thinkin that would be nice,” Buffy said thankfully. She paused before introducing herself, “I’m Buffy Summers.”

“Faith Evans,” the brunette introduced herself, “You're the one that one of Cordelia’s minions told everyone to condemn right?”

“Yup, that’d be me,” Buffy shrugged before giving Faith her combination and waited.

Of course Faith got it on the first try with a little physical force that is.

“There ya go B,” she smiled before announcing, “I’ve thought it over in the last few seconds and decided that we’re gonna be friends.”

Buffy in return blinked at Faith causing the other girl to laugh, “Come on then B. You need to meet the gang.”

And with that Buffy let her be whisked down the hall by a complete stranger.

What did she have to lose anyways?

******
hope y’all liked it!