thank you so much for all the reviews so far!!! They have really kept us going! We have played with canon a bit here, Riley isn't married and Connor doesn't exist, just to make things less complicated!

Chapter 9
by Starshine

Rupert Giles had seen a lot of things in his tenure as the Watcher to the extraordinary Slayer in front of him. A whole myriad of memories spun through his mind. Meeting his Slayer, turning his back on his duties because she had come to mean so much to him. All the demons and apocalypses they had thwarted. The incredible sacrifices she had made throughout the years, the final one she had made on that tower that night.

But this….

This he could not fathom. Buffy lying in Spike’s arms like it was the most natural thing in the world. Briefly he thought about the spell Willow had placed them under two years previously. He had been spared the sight of the two of them acting like mooney-eyed betrothed idiots. That was a spell. This was different. His eyes were trained on Spike.

“Despite everything that you have done, I held onto a small belief that you were not completely evil. You did things to prove otherwise. You saved me from Angelus.”

At this Angel winced.

“You helped us on more than one occasion. Provided the means for Buffy to flee Sunnydale when Glory came after Dawn and after she…You helped us make the world believe she was alive.”

Rupert’s nostrils flared as he gave Spike his most contemptuous glare.

“I guess I was wrong. You are evil, Spike. How could you proclaim to love someone so much, and then take advantage of them in such a callous fashion? It just proves what everyone has said before. Creatures such as you are not capable of love.”

Spike glared at Buffy’s Watcher. He told himself over and over again he would try to respect the man. Buffy loved him like a father, so for her sake, Spike would try to play nice. But Rupert had pulled out his most lethal weapon. His words.

He had watched Rupert on more than one occasion wield his words against Buffy like sharp knives--getting into her head-- using his thoughts and arguments to bend her to his will and at times, hurt her.

He would not allow Rupert to do that now. A low growl emanated from within his chest. His eyes flickered yellow as his demon came forth.

Buffy looked over at her mate, feeling the anger rolling off his body. She touched his arm lightly; her eyes impossibly wide as she stared at him pleadingly.

Both Angel and Rupert were frozen in disbelief as they watched the affect the tiny slayer had on the vampire she was snuggled against.

Spike's growls dissipated, his demon visage slowly shifting back into his human form as his fangs retracted. The amber in his eyes faded to a brilliant blue.

Buffy had managed to do what no other person, other than the creature in question, could do. Buffy, with just a touch and one look, she had tamed the demon in Spike. The demon that had roamed the earth causing death and destruction for over one hundred years; the demon that had bested two slayers, now retreated quietly within Spike at the silent request of another.

Buffy turned back to her Watcher.

“This is absolutely the LAST time I want to go through this, so do me a favor. Write it down or something. I am not dead anymore. Spike didn’t resurrect me and do the nasty with my rotting corpse. He hasn’t turned me and he hasn’t taken advantage of me.”

“Buffy, I do not know what exactly has transpired, but the one thing I can clearly see are those marks on your neck.”

Buffy touched the marks, brushing her fingers against them a bit too reverently for Giles’s taste.

“Yes, Spike claimed me. And it was because of the claim that I didn't die again, sealed in a coffin after my friends decided it would be fun to bring Buffy back from…” Her voice trailed off with a choked sob and she reached blindly for Spike.

Spike jolted upright, wrapping his arms around his girl. He pressed his lips to his mark on her neck and murmured soft words in her ear.

Rupert’s eyes widened as he observed the interaction between the couple. “Are you trying to tell me this happened before you jumped?” he asked.

“The night I jumped, to be precise. “ Buffy whispered.

Rupert began to chuckle suddenly; his laughter taking on a hysterical quality that had both vampires wincing from its assault on their sensitive ears.

“Y-you expect me to believe that you allowed him to do this to you before your death? Really, Buffy...”

“GILES, STOP IT!” she screamed, leaping from the bed. She advanced on the older man, not bothering to hide her agitation.

“Both of you need to stop pretending that you know me so well. You think that being my friend gives you the right to tell me what to do and who I can be friend’s with.” Her eyes rested on Spike and she gave him a tiny smile. “Who I can love.”

She turned to stare at Angel. “You thought you knew what I needed; a normal life with a normal boyfriend. You left me, even though I begged you to stay. If you had truly loved me, you would have stayed,” Buffy said.

She then turned to Rupert.

“And you. You think you know me? Got me pegged, right? Buffy would never allow Spike to touch her. She would never allow the soulless creature anywhere near her. But this soulless creature was good enough to leave in charge of my sister while you be-bopped back across the pond, wasn’t he? You don’t know me. Until recently, I didn't even know myself.”

Buffy looked down at Spike. He tilted his head to the side, waiting for her to continue.

“Every time things got rough, every time I needed help with my family or Dawn, I ran to Spike. I didn’t even realize I was doing it half the time-- but I did. The night Dawn disappeared, when the Watcher’s council came to test me, when Glory came after me all those times-- I ran to Spike. Because I knew. I knew he would protect me. Not for money or for anything that I could do for him, but because he loves me. I was too blinded by prejudice and fear of what everyone else would think before, but no more. I belong to him.”

Buffy sat down on the side of the bed and allowed Spike to pull her against him.

“I wanted him to claim me. I practically begged for it. I reciprocated. It’s the only reason why I have made it to this point. So if anymore of you come in here and tell me that I am not being myself, or that I am being manipulated by him, or that it’s some stupid spell, I swear to God I will let Spike bite you!”

Both of the interlopers had the grace to look ashamed in the face of her emotional outburst. Giles looked like he was about to say more but Buffy was clearly finished with them.

She leaned heavily into Spike, pushing him back against the pillows as she curled up next to him. “We’ll talk later, guys. Right now I think I need some more rest. So does Spike.”

Feeling effectively dismissed, they left, closing the door behind them.

Buffy kissed Spike’s lips gently. Spike responded, mirroring her soft touch, but soon, however, the kisses became more passionate.
Spike pulled back, his pupils nearly black with lust and desire.

“The last thing I want to do is sleep, luv.” He groaned as Buffy nipped at his neck.

She pulled him in for another searing kiss and smiled. “I’m not the least bit sleepy.”

She tried to roll Spike over but he pushed himself away from her and stood up.

“I thought...”

Spike smirked. “We will. You just seem a bit tense.”

Buffy shrugged her shoulders.

“Wait a tick,” Spike said exiting the room.

Spike listened at the door to make sure no one was in the hallway. He opened the door and walked out, leaving Buffy wondering what the blonde vampire was up to.
 
After a few minutes he came back into the room. Without a word he reached out for her hand. Buffy took it and let him lead her out the hall and into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind them.
 
"Sounds like everyone's head off for the night." Spike said smiling softly

Buffy smiled, looking down at the prepared bubble bath. The scent of vanilla hung heavily in the air. Running his hands up her arms, he gripped her shoulders and turned her to face him as he slowly undressed her. She found herself catching her breath with every article of clothing that was removed.

When she was naked, he gave her a gentle nudge towards the tub. Buffy lifted her eyebrow and let a playful smile creep across her face. She walked over to the bathtub and sank into the fragrant bubbles.

“I need a hand with my back,” she purred, staring up at him with lustful eyes.

Spike quickly removed his clothing and Buffy scooted forward, allowing him to get in behind her. Once he was in, she settled against his chest. His arms encircled her and he kissed her shoulder, nibbling gently at her satiny skin.

“Not that I mind, but what made you decide on a bath?”

Spike closed his eyes, deliberately breathing in her scent. He hummed in pleasure as the warmth of the water was absorbed into his chilled flesh.
“I figured you have had enough of the cold, pet. Wanted to give you something warm,” he whispered.

“Spike…”

“Shh… Just let me take care of you. I want you to feel something besides the cold. Will you let me do that for you?”

Buffy let out a breath, nodding slowly.

Spike hugged her tightly, nuzzling the back of her neck.

For a moment they were still; eyes closed, reveling in the feeling of being no one and nothing-- just each others.

“I believe you required some assistance with your back?” he queried, urging her to lean forward a bit.

She didn’t even attempt to suppress the moan that slipped past her lips as Spike began to massage her back. Bubbles slid down her shoulders and onto her breasts. Buffy closed her eyes and sagged forward, allowing Spike to manipulate her muscles. He moved his hands to her neck and shoulders and continued his loving treatment. Sliding his hands back down her back, he slipped around her ribcage and upwards. With tantalizing slowness, he skimmed his fingers around the swells of her breasts, cupping and squeezing them gently.

Buffy let out a small whimper as his touch ignited a fire within her. Her head tilted to the side, allowing Spike to kiss her neck and suck lightly at his mark. Shuddering, she arched into the steely erection that prodded insistently against her bottom. She rolled her head back as Spike found her taut nipples and began to tweak at them, making small circles with his fingers.

“You like it when I touch you?” he asked, his lips brushing the shell of her ear.

Buffy nodded, completely unable to for a coherent sentence. The delicious sensation of his hands was overtaking everything else.

Spike licked a fiery trail down her jugular. “I love touching you, so this works out nicely then.” He said with a chuckle. He pulled her closer, causing the water to swish and splash out of the tub.

Buffy crushed herself against him, trying to reach around between their bodies to grasp his erection. He caught her hands, tsking at her playfully.

“Ah, ah. This isn’t about me. This is for you,” he said kissing her cheek.

Buffy nodded again, her eyes still closed. She felt Spike’s hand moving lower and lower, drawing ever widening circles on the quivering skin of her belly. After what seemed like an eternity, his fingers sank into her folds and his thumb flicked across her clit.

Buffy let out a small hiss and jerked her hips forward, doing everything in her power not to let go right there and then. His free hand slid up her chest and curved around her neck, pulling her back to him.

Spike turned her face to his and stared down at her. Her eyes were squeezed tightly shut and her small white teeth were clamped down on her bottom lip as she moaned and jerked in his arms.

“You see how your body knows mine? It’s always known; from the moment I first touched you. Hasn’t it, luv?” he asked, wringing a breathless cry from her as he sank one long finger into her quim.

She felt as if she was going to crawl right out of her skin when he added a second finger, stretching her deliciously. Her hips moved in time with Spike’s fingers as he pumped them slowly in and out of her tight channel. She felt him lovingly stroking her inner walls, twisting them around as if he were seeking something. When he found what he sought; she felt him smile against her neck before he pressed his fingers upwards, rubbing against the spongy patch of nerve endings inside her.

“Oh!” she cried out as Spike continued to press on that spot while still rubbing her clit with the pad of his thumb. He drove her body into a frenzy. Her eyes widened and she gasped while her body convulsed. She reached back and wrapped her arms around Spike’s neck, arching and bucking her hips against his hand.

“That’s it, baby. Let me hear what I do to you,” Spike urged.

Buffy head thrashed from side to side. Her shattered cry of release was muffled as his mouth devoured hers. He continued to worship her mouth as he gentled her down from her peak.

Spike gave her a few moments to calm her racing heart before he rose from the tub, leaving his girl resting limply against the edge. He quickly he dried himself off than reached for a huge towel. Lifting Buffy from the tub, he wrapped her in its folds and carried her back to her bedroom.
 
He laid her on the bed before turning back to lock the door. When he came back to her, Buffy was looking up at him, her eyes filled with awe and adoration.
The smell of her drove Spike crazy. Her natural scent mixed with the scented bubbles filled his nostrils. He had to taste her.

Spike positioned himself between her legs. He parted her plump, wet folds with his tongue and licked her slowly from bottom to top. He latched onto her clit, worrying it gently as he coaxed it into releasing her sweetness. It didn’t take long at all. Within a few gasps, Spike was rewarded with his desire. Buffy cried and bucked under his mouth, her hands reaching for him pleadingly.

He kissed his way up her body and entered her slowly. Buffy held him close to her, not wanting any part of her body away from his.

“I need you so much,” she whispered looking into his eyes.

He wanted to draw this out. To feel every part of her. Etch every moment of this into his memory so that when it was over, he would remember every whisper, every moan that fell from her sweet lips.
 
“I love you, Buffy. You know that. You don‘t have to say it back.”

They found their release. This time it was sweet and slow. Spike covered her wet face in kisses. Buffy tilted her head, silently pleading for him to take what he wanted, what they both needed. He kissed her neck and then latched onto his mark. Buffy gasped as the moist suction of his mouth sent her into another climax.

“God, I will love you forever,“ Spike whispered, holding her tight as she wilted against him. They lay quietly, occasionally touching and trading kisses until sleep finally claimed them both.

tbc..

don't forget to leave a review :P