Chapter 12

Buffy was leaning against a wall watching Willow and Tara studying a book when she felt the first twinge. She ignored it and put it off to indigestion. She was 8 and a half months along and they hadn’t gotton anywhere and she was starting to worry. She had worked out that if time moved twice as fast there, she had been back 5 and a half months which meant that it had been 11 months there. 11 months and she didn’t know how he would be coping or even how Dawn would be. Dawn would be nearly 4 there and she would miss it if the gang didn’t hurry up. She felt a twinge in her lower back again and bit her lip before taking a deep breath and sitting next to Willow to look at the books that made no sense.

### Alternate Reality

Spike watched Dawn and smiled at how innocent she was. 5 months ago he had lost his wife but he had held strong for the sake of his daughter and continued to live his life. Secretly he didn’t sleep and he never went out unless it was necessary. He wasn’t coping with her death and Dawn was growing too much like her every day. Dawn didn’t know it but he was going to be giving her to Angel to look after for awhile so he could go away and get away from all the memories. Today was his last day with her and than he would be gone for a year to London. He was going back to visit his family and get away for all the pain.

###Buffy’s world

Buffy felt again and a part of her knew she should probably tell the gang but they were all so tired that she didn’t want to worry them. She knew it was getting close so she slowly stood up and when Willow looked at her concerned she said “Just need some sleep Will.” With her smile and a goodnight Buffy went over and woke Dawn and took her outside. Dawn looked at her curiously and said “We going home?” Buffy shook her head and said “No we are going to the hospital.” Dawn’s eyes went big and she said “What why what’s wrong?”

Buffy laughed and said “Dawn look at me what would be wrong?” Dawn eyes if possible got bigger and she said “Shouldn’t we tell the gang?” Buffy shook her head and winced again and said “I don’t want to worry them, let’s just go and have a baby and then come back k?” Dawn looked torn and looked back at the magic shop before nodding and following Buffy further down the street before stopping at a noise. She turned and saw Spike standing leaning on the side of his car.

She said “Buffy wait, Spike he can drive us”. Buffy turned and looked a little panicked but nodded and they walked over to where Spike was standing. He looked up a little shocked and said “Hey nibblet, shouldn’t you two be in bed?” Buffy said instead of Dawn “Spike can you drive us to the hospital?” Spike’s eyes widened and he looked at her belly and said “Sure, luv, hop in.” He put his cigarette out and had one last longing glance at a shop before hopping in the car followed by Buffy and Dawn.

Buffy started breathing deeply trying to will her body not to break the water. The first sign that it had was her saying “Uh oh”. Both Spike and Dawn turned there head to see Buffy blushing, both at the same time said “What”. Buffy looked down and said “My water broke.” Spike response was to speed up and say “Aww bugger.”

They may have broken a few laws but they made to the hospital in less than 3 minutes remarkably not killing anyone. Buffy was breathing but the pain was a little well no not a little a lot. She opened the door and jumped out holding her back and walking slowly walking toward the hospital with Dawn and Spike jumping out to follow her and help her. She shrugged them off and said “I don’t need help what I need is drugs now come on.” They got in quickly made it in and Buffy was put in a wheelchair much to her protest. She was taken quickly to a room and the doctors made her change into a gown and checked to see how dilated she was.

Dawn came in soon after and said “Do you want me in the delivery Buffy or do you want Spike?” Buffy’s head whipped around and said “why would I want Spike?” Dawn blushed and said “Well because he has super strength and you can grip his hand and he has the same blood as the baby.” Buffy winced and said “Um your right I don’t want to hurt you.” Dawn smiled and said “I will go get him Buffy and Buffy everything is going to be alright. Love you.” Buffy winced turned into a little yelp and she gripped the bar on the bed and took a deep breath. She smiled through her pain and said “Love you too Dawnie”.

Dawn left quickly but returned soon with Spike in tow who was looking confused. Dawn looked suddenly embarrassed and said “Um I will wait outside”. Buffy looked from Spike and to the retreating Dawn and said “Dawn can you come in too?” Dawn’s face brightened and she said “really?” Buffy nodded and Dawn quickly ran over to her and hugged her before going out of the room.

Spike said “What do you want. Luv?” buffy took a deep breath and said “I should have told you this a while ago but it was hard. And now is probably not the time to be telling you this ether but I need you.” Spike smirked and said “Need me?” Buffy rolled her eyes and said “Ok so I don’t need you and Owww. (Deep breathe in) I need William but you will do. My William is you as a human.” Spikes eyes widened and he said “You love William the Bloody?” Buffy rolled her eyes and said “Yes and I am having his child, you are the closet thing that I have to him and I need you there for support, so will you please Spike?”

He looked crossed between wanting to angry and wanting to give in. He instead took an unneeded breath and said “ So the bubs is mine than?” Buffy looked and her stomach and said “No it is Williams.” Spike rolled his eyes and said “Pet, I am William.” Buffy shook her head and said “ I love Williams Soul and you don’t have a soul Spike. A part of me loves you because you look like him, smell like him and talk like him but that is only a small part of what I love about William. Ow Ow Owww, oh crap can you get the doctor and tell him they are closer.” Spike eyes widened a little and walked out of the room to do as she said, only to return with a doctor.

He checked her and smiled and said “ Well Mrs Summers I would say in less than half an hour you will be fully dilated.” She nodded and started breathing deeply as the pain started to get worse but she kept it to herself.

He smiled at Spike and said “Are you coming in the room with your wife?” Spike nodded and said “The lil sis is too.” The doctor nodded and said “That should be fine; we will be back in 10 minutes to take you to the delivery room”. Buffy nodded and watched him go out before turning to Spike and said “You ok with this?”

Spike looked at her carefully before saying “Don’t really have a choice now do


Author note: Ok i decided to tack something on here and say this story is going somewhere so if you read you will see and thanks to all the reviews you all rock and make me want to keep updating.