Buffy came out in the basement of the school cradling Toby to her chest. She walked out of the dank basement not really knowing what to expect. Everything looked normal as it could at midnight but she sensed something different. She felt strange still having her slayer powers and being in this world again, at least she hoped it was still the same world and not some new dimension. She walked slowly to their house and stared up at the darkened form wondering what she would say. How strange would it be for him seeing his dead wife and dead child standing in front of him after a year and a half?

She shook her head and went up and knocked on the door. No lights came on and no sound was heard from within the confines. It was then she noticed the junk mail piling up and the fact that house was uninhabited.

Shocked she stumbled back and walked in the direction of Willow’s house, praying she wouldn’t run into trouble. She made it to her house in record time and suppressed a sigh when she saw lights on. Willow obviously getting Katherine ready for patrolling. Buffy walked up to the door took a deep breath and knocked. She heard mumbling and then a “Who is it?” Buffy bit her lip and said “It’s me”. She heard more mumbling before the door opened and a suspicious looking Katherine poked her head out and said “You get bitten?” Buffy rolled her eyes and stuck the hand not supporting Toby through the door and said “I have a pulse”. Katherine let her in slowly revealing a white faced Willow. Buffy smiled and said “Hey, miss me?”

Willow stuttered “H how?” Buffy mocked shock and said “What you lived on the hell mouth this long and you didn’t think I would find a way to come back?” Willow shook her head and then looked at her arms and said “No I meant how?” Buffy smiled and said “Time moves different in my world and he decided to join me.” Willow looked at Katherine who was looking at them both curiously and said “A boy?” Buffy nodded and turned his sleeping face so Willow could see and said “Yep, Toby”. Willow face looked confused at the name and Buffy said “William Tobias O’Conner, I liked the name Tobias and Toby for short.” Willow nodded and said “Can I hold him?” Buffy nodded and handed him over, he automatically started fussing and snuggling closer to Willow’s body. Buffy smiled and looked around and said “So um where’s Will?”

Buffy didn’t miss the look Willow sent Katherine and she said “Willow?” Willow bit her lip and said “He um moved to England a while ago”. Buffy looked shocked and said “Dawn is in England.” Willow looked even more uncomfortable and said “No Dawn is actually staying with Angel. He sort of left her here while he went away.” Buffy looked confused and said “He left Dawn here while he went away. He left his only child in another country?” Willow nodded and Buffy said “RRIGGHT, I will work it out in the morning, do you mind if we crash here tonight?” Willow smiled and said “Stay as long as you want, I can’t believe your back.” Willow then handed Toby to Katherine who took him gingerly and turned to Buffy. Willow hugged her tight and Buffy saw the tears sliding down her face. Buffy hugged her back and said “I’m staying Willow, don’t worry.” Willow nodded and let her go and said “You can have the spare bed, second door to the right.” Buffy nodded and took Toby back before heading up the stairs for some sleep.

On her way up she heard Willow switch to watcher mode and tell Katherine that she should go back to patrolling. Buffy shook her head not really looking forward to having to tell them that she was a slayer too. For now she would content herself with getting some sleep before having to go through the headache of spilling her secrets.