Chapter 17

Buffy’s head was killing her; she had been sitting in the same position for an hour. As soon as Willow found out she was still the slayer, she was having a field day. Grilling her techniques for the first two hours and spending the next grilling her on the bad guys she had fought when she returned. At the moment she had her head on the table trying to ignore the oncoming head ache.

She finally looked up and said “Uh Willow, can we stop grilling me for a second and talk about William please?” Willow looked sheepish and said “God I am sorry buffy, it is just that I haven’t had much of chance at this sort of thing. I mean I am one of the youngest ever watches to have a slayer but I never had the chance to...” Buffy cut her off with “Don’t worry Will, I get it, trust me. But I really want to know what is going to happen. I came back for a purpose.” Willow smiled and said “yeah and I am really happy you did, because now I have a niece and a nephew to pamper.” Buffy nodded and said “About that, can we go get Dawn and bring her back here; I am dying to see her.” Willow bit her lip and said “There’s a problem, legally you are dead here.” Buffy nodded again and said “Can’t you like magic that away or something.”

Willow looked thoughtful and said “Well I suppose I could just... No what am I saying, I can just get the council to come up with some new documents or make your death certificate disappear.” Buffy looked down and said “Yeah, about her death, he took it really hard didn’t he?” Willow looked away from Buffy and said “What do you expect, you guys had only just started being happy again and it was ripped from him again. When you do see him Buffy, I expect he will be really different.”

Buffy smiled sadly and said “We are both really different; I mean I am a mother now, not a thrown into it mother but a real birthing kind. It changes a person you know?” Willow wrapped her arm around Buffy’s shoulder and gave it squeeze and said “I’ll tell you what, I will make a few phone calls and in a few hours we can probably go and pick Dawn up and give Angel the scare of his life time. In the mean time you work out how you are going to explain to Angel and Faith why you are still alive.” Buffy’s head shot up and she said “Faith?” Willow smiled and said “Yeah he knocked her up apparently so they got back together. Technically that makes you sister in law to Faith.” Buffy grimaced but put her head back on the table and said “What can you possibly say to someone when you’ve been dead for a year and a half.”

Willow shook her head and left Buffy to think, hearing her muttering under her breath as she went. She put her head into the lounge and saw Katherine giving Toby a bottle; she smiled and waved a little before heading off to phone the council.


Buffy banged her head a few times before starting to mutter the conversation that might occur. “Hey Angel, turns out there was a mix up and I lost my memory and only just worked out who I was.” “No” “Hi, turns out I was in witness protection, no that is stupid why I would be in witness protection is beyond me.” “I woke up in the morgue but didn’t know who I was and wandered out unnoticed and someone found me and took me in never realizing who I was. … Well I suppose it could work, but… There are so many questions to that”. She pulled her head back up and looked out the window before putting her head back down again in frustration. “Hi Angel, I have no idea what happened, the past year and a half is a blank but hey I am back.” “That at least rules out questioning but no no buts that will do yes, I don’t remember the last year and half, apart from having a baby, oh god how am I going to explain his age.” Once again Buffy hit her head on the table but decided to give up, after all Toby was the splitting image of William who would dispute that?