Buffy ran after William but all she came up with was a crying Dawn on the footsteps of the house looking at her angrily. Buffy gulped, she knew that look from her sister and knew what was about to be said. Dawn huffed and said “You made him go away, I HATE YOU”. She then ran inside to Willow’s arms, Buffy stood there in shock not knowing what to do. Her life was falling apart in front of her eyes and she didn’t know how to pick up the pieces, everything was so different.

Willow came up with her arms now free and wrapped them around Buffy’s waist pulling her into a hug. She said “He has probably gone back to a hotel, he’ll be back tomorrow.” Buffy’s shook her head and said “I need to find him now, he needs to know everything.”
Willow nodded and said “You need my help?”

Buffy stepped out of the hug and said “I’ll find him”. Willow nodded and said “I’ll look after Toby and Dawn, did you make another bottle.” She nodded and said “Yeah it’s in the fridge.” Buffy smiled again and said “Ok Well I’ll just see them quickly and go.”

She walked into the house to find Toby in a crib staring up at a mobile with his hands waving in the air trying to reach it. She picked him up and whispered soothing words in his ears before kissing him on his soft head and breathing in his scent. She whispered “Luv you.” Put him back down giving him something to play before turning to go look for Dawn. She found her scribbling madly on a piece of paper and muttering under her breath. Buffy shook her head and walked over to her and put her hand over her hand and said “Forgive me?” Dawn looked up at her and pouted before saying “Are you gonna make da stay?” Buffy smiled and said “I’m going to try.” She looked down at her drawing before saying “K”. Buffy bent down and said “Do I at least get a hug?” Dawn smiled brightly as 5 year olds do and threw her arms around Buffy’s neck and squeezed her tightly before letting go and kissing her check and proclaiming “I love you mummy.”

Buffy hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead and said softly “Love you too sweetheart.” She then got up and said “I’m going to go try to talk some sense into your daddy. Be back soon.”

Buffy walked out of the house quickly trying to decide where to look first. She had to remember that he had dru with him. If it had only been William, she knew where he would go but with her, she had only inklings. She went first to Willy’s but it was a no go, there were too many demons for William to even think about going there. Her next stop was the crypt it was a long shot that of course didn’t come about.

Her last idea was a stretch but she thought it was a chance at least. She went to this spot he was always talking about, he said it was where he went to think. In this spot you can see the entire town and it was serene. She walked there slowly, a part of her wanting to draw this confrontation out but at the same time living for this moment. She saw him the moment it came into view, his blonde hair standing out in the background. Next to him sat an extremely bored Drusilla, staring at her nails in a blatant attempt to hurry him up.

Buffy walked closer letting them know of her presence. Dru smiled and said “Oh look we have the actress; the stars told me you would come. Isn’t it precious how it is too late, I have him hooked in my claws.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and said “Right, the stars, can you give us a moment?” Dru looked at Spike before shrugging and coming up close to her and whispering “The stars tell me you are you but he will not believe you. He is mine, always was, always will be. Have fun”. She then walked over to a car and leant on the bonnet staring at the skies.

Buffy walked over to the rigid form of William and sat next to him. She looked at the town and said “It makes you think doesn’t it.” He let out a gruff “What?” She nodded at the city and said “How small we are compared to all this, our problems they seem so small compared to what everyone has to face every day.”

Spike turned and said “Why are you doing this?” Buffy took his hands in hers but he pulled them away and she said “Because I love you.” Spike shook his head and said “Your good but I saw her body. You may look like her but I see the differences.”

Buffy rolled her eyes again and said “Duh, did you listen to anything Willow said, I am different. I am still me though, you have a son, William, and can’t you at least believe that?” Spike continued to stare at the city and said “Right I have son... That is really pathetic, trying to pull me in by using one of my weaknesses. Your story is outrageous, pet. Even if I wanted to believe you I can’t, because that would mean I would hurt her more by being with Dru.” Buffy shook her head as the tears started to build and said “I understand Will, You needed...” He stood up and said “Don’t call me that, you aren’t allowed to say my name the way she said it.” Buffy shook her head through the tears and said “Ask me anything? Anything that has to do with after I woke up from that coma.” She grabbed his arm in an attempt to keep him there and although she could have made him stay she let him shake her off. He turned fully to face her and said “I can’t.” Buffy’s eyes widened and she said “Why” He shook his head and stared over her shoulder at Dru and said “Cause every time I get something good someone takes it away. If you were to be who you say you are, then something would happen to take you away.”

Buffy shook her head and said “Oh god no Will, I wouldn’t leave you.” He started to walk away and said “No….Not intentionally.”

Buffy watched as he slowly walked away before running to him and bringing her hand to his and saying “Feel that, it’s real, I am real, not some imaginary person or fake Buffy. Please!” He let go of her hand and said “I’m sorry.” Then proceeded to walk over to Dru and escort her to the car. Buffy watched hopelessly as they drove out of her sight.