Buffy was going stir crazy not knowing what was happening or when it was going to happen. It had been over six months since William had admitted she was who she was but in that time all he had done was spent time with his children and being polite to her. They hadn’t talked about the kiss or if there was going to be a them in the future, zip, and zill.

Sure it was nice having him look after Toby and Dawn some nights and taking them to fun things but she needed to see him too. Willow always smiled sympathetically whereas Faith kept telling her to go get her man and Angel well he was on the border line and stayed silent. She knew he was still with Drusilla and that she had to admit hurt her alot but she just stayed silent letting him work through her problems.

Toby would be a year in a month and was able to say a few words, just the typical one, mum, dad, mine, no, yes. He like Buffy had predicted had the brown curl and her eye colour and Buffy could already tell he would be a cutie when he got older. He was crawling and sometimes would stand but was yet to start walking. She could still remember the first time he said dad to William, the pride in his voice was evident. She had kept it to herself when he started to say mum especially since it was his first word and instead let him discover it for himself. Dawn was now 6 and in grade one and loving the whole older sister role and was adamant to anyone who came along that they weren’t allowed to hurt him.

Sometimes she still felt like she needed space and time to think. She found her self missing those from her own time especially when she wasn’t nearly as happy the second time in this dimension as she was the first.

So that was how she came to be sitting outside on the porch at her old house at 9pm staring at the stars and wandering whether she should patrol for something to do.

She certainly never expected to see the person that walked up to her and to say it was a shock to the system was an understatement.

They were arguing in front of her house, from what she could gather only one of them was meant to be here and the other followed. She shook her head and stood up and said “Hey Guys?” They snapped their heads in her direction and she smiled and said “So what brings you to my dimension?”

They looked shocked or more accurately Giles looked shocked. He said “How did you know?” Buffy rolled her eyes and said “Kind of obvious since there is no Giles in this world and well I somehow doubt William would know him. Hi Spike.” He nodded and said “Slayer.” Giles cleared his throat and said “Yes well, glad we found you, is there anywhere we can talk privately?” Buffy said “What you’re not even going to hug me?” Giles smiled softly and embraced her in a warm hug saying “I missed you too.”

Spike stood there awkwardly trying to look less conspicuous in his jealousy. Buffy turned and said “So whats the what?” Giles looked around and said “We have 1 hour before the portal to our dimension closes for the next three months and we need you to come with us Buffy.”

Buffy motioned for them to follow her and said “Why?” Giles looked over at Spike and said “ We have a slight problem that only you can fix, where are we going?” Buffy sighed and said “Willows’” Spike said “We’re going to have to make this quick Rupes or else they are going to die.” Buffy’s head swung up but she stayed silent and led them into the house yelling “Willow!” Willow came down the stairs to see Buffy and an old man standing in the house and William standing outside.

She looked at them curiously and said “What’s wrong Buffy?” Buffy tilted her head to Spike and said “Meet my Spike, can you invite him in?” Willow looked over at the vampire and said “That is vampire William? And you want me to invite him inside my house?” Buffy rolled her eyes and said “He has that chip he can’t hurt you.” Willow nodded in defeat and said “come in Spike.”

He entered the house cautiously and followed the three into a living room. They all sat on couches bar Giles who chose to stand.

Giles then said “For the last three months, things have been difficult but we managed. About a week ago we found out that something happened in LA that shouldn’t have. Apparently Angel has lost his soul and he’s threatening to kill everyone unless we get you back. We need you to come back now buffy”.

Buffy knew she was very pale, but Angelus was back and her friends were in danger but what about the people here. Buffy looked over at Willow but only saw confusion after all she never knew Angelus only Angel the human. She took a deep breath and said “So I have half an hour to be there right?” Giles nodded and said “The high school.” Buffy cut him off and said “Yeah I know, look I have to do something first but I will be there soon.” He sighed and motioned to Spike to follow, Spike looked at Buffy reluctantly before follow Giles.

Buffy watched them go and said “That is six months here before I can come back, you going to be ok.” Willow nodded and said “I can hold the fort.” Buffy nodded and gave her a quick hug before saying “I have to be quick but I will see you in six months time.”

Buffy then took off running full speed in the direction of Williams’s house. She made it in 5 minutes leaving her 15 minutes to talk and another 10 minutes to get to the school. She banged on the door which was opened by William. She dragged him to a couch before saying “I have to go back to my dimension for three months, which is six months here and I have 25 minutes before I leave. I can’t leave Toby here and I really don’t want to leave Dawn here but I can’t uproot her, please let me take Toby.” He looked shocked and said “Six months.” Buffy nodded but said “It will but it will only make him three months older and I can’t handle being away from Toby for six months please say you don’t mind.” He bit his lip in the way of thinking and said “What about if we all go with you, because I can’t go six month without my son ether.” Buffy’s eyes widened and she said “But Dru?” He shook his head and said “Not an issue.” Buffy took a deep breath and said “Ok well write a note and be quick, I will grab the kids.” Buffy rushed around with 10 minutes to spar holding onto two suitcases and two children.

William came out and they all jumped in the car and made it to the site with 3 minute left. Buffy made them all run to the spot and when they arrived both William and Spike had their mouths hanging open and said “Bloody hell.” Giles looked at her disapproving and said “Really Buffy is this wise.” Buffy shrugged and said “We come as a package deal with it and close your mouth Spike.”

Buffy hushed the squirming toddler and held Dawns hand tight before looking up at the portal. She took a deep breath and holding tight walked through the portal into the ruins of the high school. Spike, Giles and William followed her close behind.