Chapter 5

She had been in this dimension one month and she was having a hard time remembering it wasn’t her life. The only problem with this dimension was that Xander had moved away because of some fight about her marrying William and Giles was away in England, she missed a lot but she found that like the dimension she used to be in, it was just a passing thing.

She was falling in love no she had fallen in love with Spike. It didn’t take much, he was always there and easy to talk to. She loved their child and they were one big happy family. Willow hadn’t worked out how or what had happened and frankly Buffy didn’t care. Here she could be who she wanted and in return she got a happy family out of it. She found out that before the accident she was in university studying to be a councilor so she reapplied and given the circumstances they let her back in. So her life circulated around going to university, looking after Dawn and talking and making love to Spike. It was the happiest she had felt in a long time and she wouldn’t want it to go away for the world.

In the pit of her stomach she knew it wouldn’t last, nothing good ever lasted in her life. Her parents divorced, finding out she was the slayer, Angel, The master, the school, Riley, Her mom, Dawn. It all went away in the end and sometimes Buffy would wake in the night and have to feel the other side of the bed to make sure he was still there. She had woken him a few times to make sure he was real. Every time he would chuckle and kiss her better before going back to sleep.

She kept going though, kept the pretense that everything was alright and they were going to live happily ever after. The fear was there and she knew it wouldn’t go away, but maybe after time it would diminish.