Chapter 9

Buffy looked down at her hands and said “I don’t really know where to start.” Angel also looked at her hands and said “Start from the beginning.” She half smiled and said “I guess it was when I jumped into a huge swirling mass of blue energy.” Angel looked sad but she continued “I didn’t die, yeah I get it, my body here died but me, my mind it didn’t, I uh woke up in another dimension in another me.” He nodded still not saying anything, letting her get it out.

“Ok So I woke up and I found out that yes I was in a coma and well there were a lot of similarities in both the worlds. You were there, Willow, Xander although I didn’t see him a lot, and well um William.” Angel’s eyes narrowed and he said “William??” Buffy took a deep breathe and said “Spike”. Angel’s face was a portrait of surprise and Buffy’s’ a little embarrassed. She smiled through her embarrassment and said “um well see I was sort of married to him in that dimension.” Angel opened his mouth and said “You’re telling me that in a world where you are normal and I am normal, you picked Spike.” She shook her head and said “No I picked William; I was there for 6 months, Angel, time it moves differently there. I fell in love with him”. His face if possible would have gone red in anger but he still looked the picture of calm and said “You love Spike”. Buffy rolled her eyes and said “No I love William, I got to know him and t didn’t really help already having those feelings from their Buffy, but he’s different!” Angel’s face tightened and he said “How?” She looked down as a tear escaped and said “ He’s smart, and kind and really sweet. He’ll get up an hour early just to make me breakfast before he goes to work. He’ll keep Dawn quiet so that I can sleep for an extra 5 minutes. He notices when I feel sad and will spin me around till I am laughing. When he smiles it reaches his eyes when he is happy but when he smiles and he is thinking something dreary, he gets the dullness in his eyes. I don’t know but when I was with him, he made me feel happy and loved. And the baby in me is his and I came here to ask you to help me find a way back because I don’t know why but I have this feeling that their Buffy is gone and I can’t let him grieve when I am here and have something of ours inside of me. So please will you help me?”

He was staring at her stomach and Buffy put her hands on it and said “If you won’t do it for an innocent child, do it for me, please?” He bit his lip and said “ I love you Buffy, so yes I will help. I will call you if we find anything.” Buffy got up to leave but stopped when Angel said “It’s good that you’re alive Buffy.” She closed her eyes for a second but kept walking until she got out into the foyer and saw Spike flirting with Cordelia. She rolled her eyes and walked past him, keeping the tears at bay. It was only a matter of time before she would see him again. She was starting to not feel like her anymore, more like someone always walking around grieving and upset. She should be happy; technically she was expecting her first child.

She sat in the car waiting for Spike to get back; she stared out the window watching the sun turning the sky pick when she heard the door fling open and heard “Bloody hell”.