Chapter 2: Hello Again

1 year later

Buffy just walked out of history class. It was 3rd period and her day was great so far. Angel ,Buffy’s boyfriend, moved to Sunnydale over the summer and they hit it off. They have now been going steady for 2 months. She never forgot what Spike told her but it’s been a year since then and he hasn’t even wrote to Buffy let alone called her.

So she moved on hurt but thinking she would never see him again.

“What’s got my girls face in a frown?” Came a voice behind her.

She turned around to be greeted by Angel. “Oh... Just the usual Mr. Bussman gave us a pop quiz and I totally wasn’t ready for it.”

Angel smiled down at her and said “Well don’t worry about it. It’s Friday and we’re going to the Bronze to see the new act.”

Buffy then brightened at this thought and said “YAY.... I can’t wait Angel, but right now I have to go and get to my locker before I’m late for class. See ya later.”

Buffy kissed Angel on the cheek and then ran to her locker.

As soon as she got to the hallway her locker was on she slowed down and walked towards her locker, but then she stopped dead in her tracks when she caught a glimpse of bleached blonde hair.

She walked quickly to her locker and saw him leaning against it like nothings ever changed. She can tell he’s mad by the look in his eye. Buffy thinks to herself I guess he’s been talking to the other students and know’s about Angel.

Spike’s the first to break the silence, “I guess you forgot to wait for me.”

It wasn’t a question. And Buffy could hear the hurt in his voice.

“Spike, you’ve been gone for a year. You didn’t call and you didn’t write. Don’t say your not good with words cause I’ve read your poems. I had a right to move on. I didn’t know if you were coming back..” Buffy answered him. She was on the verge of crying, but she didn’t know whether it was from seeing him for the first time in a year or whether it was because he was being mean. She knew he was being mean because it was what he did when he didn’t want to show people he was hurt or scared.

“Well that’s good to know ,pet, I just came by to tell you to come to the Bronze tonight. Trust me you’ll like what you see.” And with that he was gone. Leaving Buffy alone in hall since the bell range for class already.