Chapter 4: Telling Angel

“What’s wrong with Buffy and why was that guy dedicating a song to her?” Angel asked.

Xander turned to Oz. He knew that they would have to tell Angel because they had no clue how long it would take Buffy and the girls in the bathroom.

“You wanna start or me?” Xander asked Oz

“You know more than me. I wasn’t dating Willow until after they had already begun dating so I don’t even know the beginning,” Oz replied.

“O.K. it started when Spike and I became friends. He moved here from New York and like Buffy he didn’t know anyone so me, Will, and Buff, all befriended him. It was nice to have another male in the group. Then him and Buffy started hanging out more when Cordy and I started dating. They became more than close. They fell in love. They were dating for a year and everything was great until Spike told Buffy that his parents were taking him back to England. He didn’t even tell her why. All he told her was that he would be back in a couple of months. Well days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months then the next thing we know is that it’s been a year since he contacted any of us. He broke her heart” Xander finished the story. He didn’t want to tell Angel that he knew Buffy was still in love with Spike.

Angels face hardened and Xander decided right then that he didn’t like Angel anymore because he knew what was going to happen next. Angel stood and looked at the other two and said “Well aren’t you two coming?”

“No Angel it’s none of our business whatever the reason Spike left had to be something very important or he wouldn’t of left Buffy. He loved her with his whole heart. Spike even told me one day that he would marry Buffy and I believed him. Just let it go and be there for Buffy!” Xander yelled at Angel.

It worked because Angel sat down and just stared at his drink.