Chapter 7: Who's That Girl

Buffy just stared straight into Spikes eyes. She could feel the tears threatening to fall from her eyes..

“Spikey why did you leave me in London without even a goodbye?” The girl asked.

Spike turned around and pushed the girl away from him, “I told you back in London ,Dru. Stay away from me!” Spike then turned towards Buffy grabbed her arm and pulled her out the back way of the Bronze. He didn’t stop until he had Buffy in his car and he started to drive.

“Spike, who was that girl?” Buffy asked. She had never seen that look in his eye it was kind of regret, fear, and anger all mixed into one, and it scared her.

Spike pulled over to the side of rode and sat silently for awhile. Buffy knew he was gathering his thoughts ,so when he talked he talked calmly and made his point. He looked her in the eyes and started to tell her the reason why he left. “Buffy, I’m sorry I left you last year. I’m sorry I didn’t write or call, but so much happened and I couldn’t handle bringing you down with me. The reason why we left was because da’ had cancer and they told us he only had two months to live. So, he wanted to spend his last two months in London, with his family. He didn’t want me to tell anyone, not even you.” He looked at her and she could see his tears running down his face. Without even thinking she scooted over in car and laid her head on his shoulder and whispered comforting words into his ear. Spike wrapped his arms around her and held her and cried. Buffy knew right then that Spikes father, Giles, had died. She also cried for the man she thought of as a father figure.

“Spike, baby, it’s ok I’m here for you whatever you need I’ll get for you. I love you. I’ll always love you, but who was that girl ,Dru. Do you love her?” Buffy pulled back a little to look into his eyes as she spoke.

“ I’m getting to that part, pet. Well anyways after da’ ......died , mum and I decided to stay there for awhile. I started going to clubs not coming home till 5 in the morning. I’d be drunk and I started doing drugs. I was hanging around a bad crowd. I would skip school and that’s when one night I got so drunk that the next morning I woke up with a girl in my bed. It was Dru, I told her to get out and that I was sorry about the night before and that I could never see her again. She started stalking me afterwards. I stopped hanging out with that group of kids and stopped drinking and doing drugs. I didn’t like what I had done. I felt like I cheated on you and I didn’t like that feeling. So I got better I went back to school passed 11th grade and mum and me decided to move back here. Before I left though I found Dru hanging around da’s house and I told I was leaving and to stay away from me. Apparently she didn’t understand what I meant ,but no Buffy I don’t love her. There’s only you.” Spike finished his story and looked at Buffy still in his arms.

Buffy leaned forward and gave him a peck on his lips and simply said, “I’m sorry.” Then she turned away and opened the car door and walked away from the car. Leaving a stunned Spike behind.