Chapter 7: First Period

Buffy walked into school on Monday. She had called Willow and Cordy on Saturday. They had come over right away with ice cream. Now Buffy was feeling better. She figured Spike would be starting school and was praying that he wouldn't be in any of her classes. She didn't want to have to explain everything to him.

Buffy got into first period with a minute to spare. She took her seat and got a pen and opened her notebook. She started drawing until the bell rang. Mrs. Fogle her English teacher came in and started calling out names. In the middle of roll call someone walked into class. Buffy looked up to see who it was and paled. Standing in the front of class was Spike.

"Hello, you must be William Giles?" Mrs. Fogle asked.

"Yea." Spike simply answered," Where do I sit?"

"Well, there's an empty seat behind Buffy why don't you take that one." Mrs. Fogle answered.

Spike just smirked and went to the back of the classroom. Buffy was trying hard not to look at him, but she just couldn't help it. She thought to herself ‘hey I'm still a girl and can still appreciate my ex's fine, oh so fine body.' When Spike caught her eye he winked at her and said "Hello cutie."

Buffy just gave him a small smile and said "Hiya Spike." While thinking ‘I'm not mad at him just trying to avoid him which doesn't seem likely. So we can be friends that's all. Oh god who am I kidding I want him bad.'

Mrs. Fogle finished roll call and started class. Spike leaned forward and whispered in Buff's ear "So pet, why did you leave in a hurry on Friday. We could of talked some more. Or don't you trust me anymore?"

"It's me that I don't trust," Buffy muttered to herself but Spike being so close to her caught it and he just smiled. "What lunch do you have, luv?"

"Um." Buffy was now having trouble concentrating since she could feel his warm breath on the back of her neck and it was sending shivers down her spin. "Second....lunch."

"Me too, luv. Mind if I sit with you and the gang?" Spike asked.

Buffy could hear the nervousness in his voice. He was afraid to be turned down. So Buffy turned around smiled at Spike and said "Of course I don't mind, Spike." Then winked at him. The bell rang and Buffy grabbed her books and left without looking back at Spike.