Chapter 8: Lunch Time

Buffy walked into the cafeteria and walked over to the gangs table. Willow, Oz, Xander, and Cordelia were already there.

"Hey guys!" Buffy said.

Then everyone said there hello's. Buffy sat down across from Willow and there was a seat empty on each side of her. Then she felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to find Angel standing behind her. Buffy hurried and covered up her disappointment that it wasn't Spike.

"Hey Angel," Buffy replied sweetly. Angel just bent down to give her a kiss on the mouth. Until Buffy turned her head slightly so he only got to kiss her cheek.

"Hey baby, what did you do this weekend?" Angel asked casually trying to hide his hurt look. "Oh nothing Willow, Cordy, and me just had some girl bonding time." Buffy answered before looking around the lunchroom for a bleach blonde head. Then Buffy heard him behind her,

"Looking for someone, pet?" Spike asked with a smirk.

Buffy didn't get a chance to reply since everyone started talking to him and telling him to sit down. He sat right next to Buffy.

Soon everyone was in deep conversation and just catching up with Spike. Buffy was having a hard time trying to keep her attention on her boyfriend, Angel. It was just she thought Spike looked so damn cute! I mean could you blame her she wasn't blind he was a damn fine sexy man.

But before Buffy knew it the bell was ringing signaling that lunch would be over in five minutes. Spike stood up and then bent over and gave Buffy a kiss on the mouth. But it wasn't a quick kiss he made sure he used some tongue.

He then stood straight up and looked down at Buffy shocked because he hadn't meant to do that. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry it's just a habit I got so use too." Spike said while he was looking at Angel who was sitting beside Buffy with his fist clenching and unclenching at his side.

Spike then thought it would be best if he left. He said he was sorry to Buffy again then flew out of the cafeteria and went straight out the doors of the school. When he got to his car he got a cigarette out and thought to himself ‘She kissed me back!!!'