10 - If Only Once

~Dancing in the dark, in the middle of the night,
taking your heart and holding it tight~
(Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, It’s Your Love)

It was a darker night than all the other nights, which was odd because dark is dark, it’s always the same, yet very different.

Buffy felt sad on the darker night. She was alone and feeling a lot of pain since the loss of her mother. So in the Bronze she sat, in the middle of the night, thankful that it was open. She sat on a couch that rested by a wall of the same color, only a small lamp illuminating the area surrounding.

Without a single word spoken, a familiar face reached out a hand for her to hold. With much gratitude she accepted. Being lead to the dance floor, in a shadowed corner.

Spike had sensed her pain from a few blocks away and followed her scent to where she was seated. A slow, sweet song played from the speakers of a DJ table. He took her to the dark shadow because he understood how she felt, and when you feel this way, you don’t need the light shining on you in such a strong manner.

Buffy rested her head on his shoulder, with her arms wrapped around him. Never did she see herself being comforted by him of all beings. She didn’t mind though. He was concerned enough to offer the help, she couldn’t refuse.

That was probably one of their better, more, from-the-heart moments. Probably also the night that she realized she had a little bit of love for this vampire. He felt it too. Her love just did something to him, it made his heart come to life and flutter like a monarch butterfly.

A crying shoulder, a loving friend, a soul mate.

-Review and let me know if you want more of these kinds of stories or if you’ve had enough.-