3 - Moment of Sheer Love and Comfort

~It’s only love. But love, should make us strong.
It’s only love. But love, has been hurting so long~
(Heather Nova, It’s Only Love)

So maybe they weren’t doomed to hate each other for the rest of their existence. Just maybe there was some sort of hope for them. Not that it really mattered at that point anyway.

The end, as most Sunnydale residents had already fled from, was near. The smart ones left. The scared ones died. But only the brave ones fought. Mostly the fighters didn't have enough strength. And they never would have. Without help...

Strong arms. Held tightly and gently around her. Never did either of them believe it could happen, that they would both be genuinely lost in a moment of love with each other. Love can make you stronger. Most times it does make you stronger. Whether it’s negative or positive, in the end, a weakness fades.

We miss love when we no longer have it.
We hurt when we miss it.

Strength. Without the strength that the positive love gave them, not a single one of the girls, nor Spike himself, would be a fighter. Spike gave Buffy the ambition to succeed, and the desire to live. Buffy gave Spike the valor to be the savior of world. And a dear friend, transferred the strength to the many young fighters who were in the battle to save the world.

Unfortunately finding love in it’s genuine and true form is very rare. Proof of this, Buffy and Spike.

Love can save us all. Protect us from cowardice. And deliver us from evil.