4 - Invited

~Must have been the devil who changed my mind~
(Laika - Black Cat Bone)

The worst situations bring us closer. This, no one understood, but everyone experienced.

United we stand, divided we fall. The truth in that statement was extreme for Buffy and Spike. The night of Glorificus and fighting for her sister, Buffy realized that she needed everyone. Even Spike. Together we’ll fight.

Despite his insane feelings for her and her feelings for him, or lack-of, she was still strong about the situation.

Deep down she didn’t only need Spike for battle and to protect her sister. She needed him for comfort, support, and advice. She needed him for a friend.

“Come in, Spike.” Tough decision. Thought it was ever so necessary. Spike had gained some of her trust, even though she never failed to deny it. The trust was there.

Of course later on Buffy would be convinced that only the devil made her decide to let Spike in that night. She only thought this to disguise her own true feelings for him. Her own mutual feelings that Spike had for her as well.

Waiting too long. She waited too long to tell him she loved him, far too long. Until the end was right there and no more time was left. They had no more time to create a loving bond that had already been begun a few days before the shattering end. She changed her feelings from hating him, into those of love.

Must have been the devil.