5 - No chance

~She was born to keep me waitin’~
(Ghost of the Robot, Valerie)

It had to be so difficult and so impossible. SHE had to be so impossible. He only tried to do what was best for her. Or at least what he thought was best for her. Hell she didn’t have to beat him up over it!

The cost of trying to help a slayer was always a busted lip, two black eyes, and a bloody nose, if not more damaging. He couldn’t let her just go to jail for a killing a woman accidentally. She was his girl no matter what she said to oppose that.

Then he gave in. Let her beat on him, use him as a punching bag. Maybe that was all he was good for, shaggin’ and punchin’. Or maybe not. He never was quite sure and she never help clear that up for him.

Why were feelings always an issue with them? I have feelings, but not love. I have feelings, they are love. I feel for you. I could never love you. I will always love you. I sometimes like you, but I always like what you do to me. Confusion! Agony! Hurt!

It was never a straight answer with the girl, not ever. I’m telling you, she was born to keep him waiting. That was her job and she would make sure that it was fulfilled. She preformed the job well too, better than any other bird ever could.

That’s what love was though, right? A waiting game.