7 - Kick Me in My Convenient Face

~Always want to go but you never want to stay~
(System of a Down, Aerials)


It’s all so cryptic. The signals she sends him every night and day. Mostly at night...when he comes out to play. or she comes in for a short little stay.

Spike knows that Buffy is only using him. Though, he won’t let that fact stop himself from being with her. He’d rather be with her and be used, than be without her at all. Spike and his crazy ways.

She was able to conceal her secrets about Spike. Becoming quite good at doing so, and sneaking off whenever she needed some...convenient vampire wrestling.

The guilt trips got worse by the day. With every cry, every lie and every silent vampiric goodbye, Buffy Summers was falling apart in every area possible. Emotionally, physically, socially, just to name a few. What they were doing she knew was completely wrong.

Yet she continued to visit him, on any given night of ever single week. Until one day, his beloved slayer decides she can’t take it anymore. After an ex-lover sees her with him. Riley Finn, the man of a million faults. Always causing hell for poor Buffy, always causing pain for poor Spike.

He’d really done it this time. Killing two birds with one stone he managed to hit Buffy’s guilty button, and Buffy hit Spike’s nose.

She soon broke it off with “The Doctor” She felt a little less guilt, but a lot more pain. A lot more lonesome. Even a little bit sad.

But things were how they should be, a vampire and a slayer, not together. Still they weren’t exactly enemies, but she kicked guilt in it’s inconvenient face, and walked into the sunlight, leaving poor Spike in ruins.