8 - Could I Have Just One Moment At Your Expense?

~Cry just a little for me~
(Faith Hill, Cry)

Little did anyone know, after Spike and Buffy’s break up, Buffy had spent endless nights in her room just crying herself to sleep. Wondering why she treated Spike the way she had.

Why she had never been there for him like he was always there for her. Why she had always hurt him so much, inflicting pain upon him. Why she had crushed his non-beating heart. Worst of all, why she had denied him her love.

When she looked back on it, he treated her with more love than any of her past boyfriends had. When she was with Spike she got this rush, a high that she had never felt with anyone else before.

If only she could turn back time and change some of the things she did and said, she wouldn’t hesitate even for a second.

Miracles do happen, on the odd occasion.

Buffy waited for her miracle. Naturally she never did get it. So she cried some more, and thought about exactly what she would say to Spike if she could change everything, she planned out the whole conversation in her head and replayed it, over and over.....

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

“Can I have a moment?” He would request as he slyly awaited at her bedroom window.
“Of course.” She would grant his request, but with caution.
“I’ve been meaning to talk to you, needed to tell you something.” He would say as he entered her room and sat on the edge of her bed next to her
“Yes?” She would so patiently ask.
“I’m leaving town, well, the country. Heading back to my homeland.” He could pause. “I wanted to tell you goodbye.” Quickly he would say.
“You’re leaving?” She would sincerely wonder and he would nod.
“Then I need to tell you something also.” Taking a big breath. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry for all I’ve done to hurt you. No one deserves that much pain in any form. Everyone deserves happiness and love. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner.” Now she would pause. “Have a great time in England.” She would sweetly smile.
“I love you, Buffy. Always will.” He would say one last time while standing to leave.
Buffy would silently get up and follow him to the window. Touching his shoulder ever so lightly to make him turn around. Without much warning, she would place a loving kiss on his lips, then pull away and say with a whisper. “I love you too, William.”
Looking into her eyes, he’d say a silent farewell and disappear out the window before decided to stay and chance getting hurt once more.
But he would hear her say it.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

This is the miracle moment, that she’ll cry and wait for, forever more.