9 - Just Us, Me and You, Holding Hands, Staying True.

~I wanna fly to a place where it’s just you and me
nobody else, so that we can be free~
(T.A.T.U., All the Things She Said)

Just you and me. It’s no exotic island in the sun, but it’ll do. This dank basement with a ceiling that divides us from the giggling voices of several dozen teenage girls that are destined to die. It’ll do.

With a narrow semi-soft cot, it’s enough space for us both. For me to hold you, until you fall asleep, then I’ll fall soon after. But I wont’ let go of you, not for a minute, because at no other moment, can we be so free.

Together, with each other, without any disturbance. Dreams will even come easy to the most worrisome of beings. Sweet dreams of bathing in the sun and flying free through the clouds, like seagulls above the sand.

Someday we’ll have this. We’ll have it all. I know I’ll be going first so I promise you this and this alone. When I get to heaven, I’ll recognize you and guide you to the golden stairs, where you’ll receive your well earned wings.

That’s when my love, that’s when we’ll fly. It’ll be just you and me, we’ll go to that special place, we saw only in our dreams. I foresee this glorious day. I know it and I can feel it. We’ll play in the sands and swim in the clear blue tides.

You won’t feel any pain, nor will you worry. We’ll take care of each other, Together. Me and you. Always and forever.

Tomorrow we will triumph. Against all evil and torture. Remember even when I leave you, I won’t be truly gone, I’ll be in your heart, singing a superlative song.

*A sweet whisper from Spike to Buffy*