*Every moment marked with apparitions of your soul.
I'm ever swiftly moving; trying to escape this desire...
The urning to be near you, I do what I have to do...
Oh, the urning to be near you... I do what I have to do...
But I have the sense to recognize that I don’t know how to let you go...
That I don’t know how to let you go...*


She walked through the cloud of dust, uncaring that it stuck to her clothes.

She had to go. She had to be fast, had to find something to keep her busy. She had to keep from thinking.

Because only one thing ever crossed her mind.

But it's no use.

He's her shadow.

He's in every thought, every movement, every breath she takes.

She remembers things he did, things he said. She remembers how much he loved her and she remembers how she shoved him away.

She curses herself for being so blind, for being so stupid.

He wasn't a monster.

He was a man. The man who loved her. The man who let her use him, protected her sister, and the man who took her out of the hell her friends brought her into and took her back to heaven.

She remembers the way he moved, the way he fought, the way he kissed. The way he looked at her in love as her fists bruised him.

His love wasn't sick or perverse.

It was a miracle.

A demon, a soulless demon spawned from the pits of hell, loved her. He fought against his instincts and he changed. For her. He nearly died, just to give her what he thought she deserved.

She didn't deserve him at all.

Her eyes still burned from the light the surrounded him. His soul. That he won, for her. That he gave, for her.

She doesn't wipe the tears as they fall down her face, she doesn't really notice them anymore. They're always there.

She clenches her hand trying to remember the feel of his.

The way he held her, the way he looked at her. Just knowing he was there.

She aches for him.