On Christmas Eve night, Buffy was surprised when Spike stopped by, a present in his hand. She let him in and led him towards the living room. He sat on the couch and smiled at how pretty she looked.

‘But then again, she could be covered by newspapers and would still look drop-dead gorgeous,’ he thought. ‘Even though she’s fully covered by jeans and a turtleneck, she’s still sexy. She’s the only woman I’ve ever known who can be so bloody beautiful all of the time.’

“Is it just me, luv, or are you glowing?” he asked, and she smiled at him before she retrieved a present from under the Christmas tree and walked to the couch to sit beside him.

“It’s probably just from the lights on the tree,” she replied, shrugging.

“Or maybe too much eggnog?” he joked, chuckling. She playfully smacked his arm. “Hey! That hurt, you know.”

“I don’t drink,” she said before frowning. “Okay, I used to. A lot. But I’ve changed. That was the old Buffy.”

“I thought that was the new Buffy?” he asked, studying her.

“No, that’s the old, new Buffy,” she said before making a face. “Never mind. But I’m not like that anymore. It’s a part of my turning-over-a-new-leaf program.”

“Glad to hear it,” he said, handing her the present he was holding.

“What’s this?” she asked, eyeing it suspiciously. “You already gave me my present, remember?”

“That wasn’t a present,” he said. “He was yours to begin with, pet. I just returned him, is all.” She smiled. “So, is he taking care of you? Keeping you warm at night?” She giggled and shook her head.

“He was one of the best things you could’ve given me,” she replied. “That’s enough.”

“Then I’ll just take this back,” he said, trying to retrieve the gift he had given her. She pulled it back, her eyes wide.

“No,” she said quickly. “It would be rude of me to not accept it.” He chuckled. “But you’re opening yours up first, buddy.” She handed him a wrapped package and smiled.

“What is it, kitten?” he asked, tearing off the wrapping paper to reveal a box. He opened it up and first pulled out the DVD case for “Casper”. He started laughing. “Are you serious?”

“Yes,” she smiled, looking at him. “I know you have it on VHS, but this has extra features on it. I couldn’t resist.”

“Thank you,” he replied genuinely. “Only you would get me something so…”

“Friendly?” she supplied, smirking. He nodded and grabbed the other item in the box, staring at it.

“How did you know I lost this CD?” he asked, looking at her. She smiled and grabbed the “Never Mind The Bollocks- Here’s the Sex Pistols” case he was holding and smiled sheepishly at him.

“I have a confession,” she said quietly, looking down. “You left it here, and I didn’t want to give it back because…I really like it.” He raised an eyebrow.

“But I thought you hated the Sex Pistols?” he asked, surprised. “You always used to yell at me for listening to them.”

“Yeah, well, I grew to like them,” she shrugged. “And I figured that I owed you it back, so I bought you a new one.” He grinned and hugged her.

“Thank you, Buffy,” he said, running his hand over her hair. “It’s perfect.” He softly kissed her cheek before pulling back. “Time for yours.” She giggled giddily and began to tear off the wrapping paper. She stared at the picture frame she was holding, but more specifically, at the picture inside of it. She looked at him, her eyes beginning to water.

“Spike?” she asked, looking down once again at the picture of her and William together.

“I have a confession to make, as well,” he replied, taking a deep breath. “Do you remember the day I came to get my stuff back?” She nodded, still confused. “Well, before I left your house, I saw something fly out of your window.” The memory of her throwing the picture outside hit her instantly. “I retrieved the picture from the broken frame and got a new one. A better one.” Her fingers slowly traced over the inscription on the outer edge of the silver frame- Forever and For Always. “Do you like it?”

“It’s beautiful,” she whispered, letting a couple of tears escape her eyes. He smiled softly and brushed them away. “Thank you, Spike. I love it.” She leaned forward and gave him a brief kiss before pulling back and sighing. “I think this has been one of our most meaningful Christmases yet.” He nodded, looking at her content expression.

‘And it can only get better from here,’ they both thought, looking at each other.

* * * * *

Their Winter Break passed quickly, and when Spike offered to drive her to school again, she hesitantly accepted, hoping that starting off the day right would keep her dread of returning to school to a bare minimum. When they pulled up in the parking lot, she was surprised to see so many of her fellow students watching them with confused and surprised expressions. Spike noticed and raised an eyebrow.

“Looks like we have an audience,” he said, looking at her. She frowned and sighed, walking into the building, Spike in tow. He followed her to her locker and leaned against the one beside hers. “So, do I get the honor of driving you home after school?”

“Sure,” she said, smiling at him. “Sounds good.” He kissed her temple before beginning to walk away.

“See you later, luv,” he said, loud enough for her to hear. She giggled to herself and opened her locker, grabbing her stuff. She heard footsteps approaching her but shrugged it off.

‘It’s a Monday morning before the bell- of course people are walking around,’ she thought before closing her locker door and gasping as she saw who was standing beside her suddenly.

“Drusilla,” she said quietly, staring at the raven-haired girl.

“Hello, Buffy,” Drusilla replied, smiling maniacally. “Can we talk?” Buffy shook her head, not wanting to deal with the other girl at that moment, but Drusilla grabbed her forearm, sinking her nails into Buffy’s delicate skin. She winced in pain as Dru pulled her into the girl’s bathroom, shutting the door and switching the lock.

“What’s going on?” Buffy asked, pulling her arm away and covering it with her other hand, happy that Dru’s nails weren’t sharp enough to draw blood.

“I think it’s time we talked,” Drusilla said, leaning against a sink. “Girl-to-girl. How does that sound?”

“Horrible,” Buffy said bluntly, frowning. “I have class.” Drusilla giggled.

“So do I,” she said, shrugging. “But I think we have more pressing matters to discuss, don’t we?”

“What the hell are you talking about, you psycho?” Buffy asked, looking at the girl standing across from her.

“My Spike and your Angelus,” she said, crossing her arms.

“First off, Angelus isn’t mine,” Buffy clarified. “And Spike isn’t yours anymore.”

“Well, that’s going to change, now isn’t it?” Drusilla asked, grinning. “Angelus wants you back, and I want my Spike all to myself again.”

“I don’t want Angelus anymore, and Spike sure as hell doesn’t want you,” Buffy said sharply.

“It’s not about what you both want,” Drusilla said, tilting her head as she looked at Buffy. “It’s about what I want, and I always get what I want.”