After getting ready to leave, Buffy looked at herself in the mirror, smiling. The periwinkle blue strapless dress fit her perfectly, and she loved how it looked like it was for a princess. When the doorbell rang, she made sure her hair was perfect and took a deep breath before grabbing her purse, slipping on matching heels and carefully walking downstairs. Spike stood there in a tuxedo and a light blue tie, watching her descend with a grin on his face.

‘She looks so beautiful in blue,’ he thought, looking up and down her body. ‘Always flawless.’

“Do I look okay?” she asked, insecure from his stare. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead.

“You look downright delicious,” he answered, smiling. She giggled and leaned against him as Joyce came towards them, holding a camera.

“You two always have made such a perfect couple,” Joyce said, smiling warmly at them both. They exchanged looks before setting themselves up for pictures. When she finished, she opened the door for them and gasped when she looked outside. “You have a limo? Again?” Buffy looked at Spike with wide eyes.

“Like I said once before, nothing but the best for my girl,” he said, kissing her temple and taking her hand in his. “Ready to go, luv?” She nodded, still surprised.

“Have fun, kids,” Joyce said, watching them walk to the limo and get inside of it before pulling away. “Hopefully this time, things will go better for them.”

* * * * *

As Buffy looked around the limo, she frowned, remembering what had happened at the Christmas Dance the year before.

‘He got us a limo and ended up dumping me,’ she thought. ‘Surely he wouldn’t do that again, right?’ She looked at him and realized he was watching her with a smile on his face.

“Are you okay, pet?” he asked, cupping her cheek with his hand. “Is this too much?” She sighed and shook her head, managing a small smile.

“No,” she answered, curling up against his side. “It’s perfect.” She shrugged off her negative thoughts and decided that she couldn’t let them ruin her night.

‘We’re starting over again,’ she thought. ‘He wouldn’t do this to me, not again. He’s told me thousands of times that he loves me and doesn’t want to hurt me anymore. He didn’t change his mind, right?’

“You seem like you’re thinking about something,” he said. “What’s on your mind, princess?”

“I was remembering what happened the last time you rented a limo for us,” she answered honestly, looking down. He frowned and tilted her chin up to look at her.

“Luv, don’t think about that night,” he said firmly. “I messed up, and I’m going to spend the rest of my life guilty for it, never forgiving myself. All I’m trying to do is make you happy now, Buffy, with hopes that someday you’ll trust me again. I want things to be right, and this just seemed like a good start.” She smiled softly and kissed his cheek.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered. “No more bad memories. Only good ones from now on, remember?”

“Right,” he agreed, nodding. “Everything from here on out will be good.” She smiled contently and looked at him.

“Can you believe we’re going to prom together?” she asked.

“Always planned on it,” he answered, shrugging. “I can’t imagine who I’d rather be with.” He gently kissed her before grazing her cheek. “I love you.”

“I love you, too, Spike,” she said quietly before leaning against him again. “And you’re right- I think this was a good way to start things off right.”

* * * * *

As they walked into the decorated gymnasium in the high school, their fellow students looked at them with surprised expressions. Spike raised an eyebrow.

“You think that they’d have expected us to show up together,” he said as she linked her arm with his. “Especially since we’ve been friends for months now.”

“Yeah, but I guess things are different,” she replied, shrugging. “We haven’t gone to a dance together in over a year, and this is prom, after all. One of the most important events for a teenager.” He looked at her, smiling.

“So, what shall we do first?” he asked. “Go find our friends, get some punch, or can I spin you around on the dance-floor for a while?”

“Friends, then dancing, then punch,” she answered. He led her towards a table that was reserved for them and their friends. Willow and Oz were already there, waiting, and the girls gushed over how each other looked. Spike looked at Oz and smiled.

“You look fabulous in a tux,” Spike said, looking at his friend. Oz smirked as Buffy playfully punched Spike’s arm. “Hey! I thought we were saving that for after dancing.” She laughed and shook her head before looking at Willow once again, who was wearing a dark blue dress.

“Hey, Buffy, look who just walked in,” Willow said, smiling. Buffy turned to look at the door, seeing Jonathan standing there, Faith beside him. Buffy’s jaw dropped as she looked at them. “Did they show up together?”

“I think so,” she answered quietly, in disbelief. “I can’t say I ever expected to see something like that happen.” Faith spotted Buffy and smiled at her before saying something to Jonathan. They walked over to the table together, smiling. “Hi, Faith, Jonathan.”

“Hello, Buffy,” Jonathan said, looking like an excited child on Christmas morning, probably because of the beauty he had as a date.

“Hi, B,” Faith said, leaning up against Jonathan as he wrapped an arm around her waist.

“I didn’t expect you here,” Buffy said, looking at the couple standing in front of her.

“Yeah, well, I was invited and figured why not,” Faith said, shrugging. “We’ve been dating for a couple of weeks.” Buffy couldn’t shake the shock that was taking over her. “But as a side note, I just want to say that I’m sorry for what happened between us, B. I didn’t treat you well, and you were right when you said that we weren’t really friends. But if anything, I want to thank you because you made me realize that I needed to change.” She smiled at Jonathan. “And here I am.”

“I’m happy for you two,” Buffy said sincerely. “And Faith, you’re forgiven.” The brunette smiled at Buffy before she walked away with Jonathan. Buffy looked at Willow, still dumbfounded. “How long do you think they’ll last?”

“Who knows?” Willow answered, giggling. “Could be a week, could be forever.” She looked at the door again and frowned, her eyes widening.

“What is it?” Buffy asked, turning around so she could follow her friend’s gaze, frowning when she saw who had walked in. “Drusilla and Angelus.”