DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 2: ‘We’re Going to Have a Chat!’


A/N: Okay, just a quick chapter to hopefully keep an interest in this fiction. Anyway, the next chapter should be in a few days, longer and hopefully Spuffier! Thanks, Luv, Spuf


Buffy stolled through the Sunnydale Cemetary, it had been a slow night for patrol. She’d only taken out a couple of fledgling vampires and a middle aged Traoch Demon who had stumbled into the fight.

“Geez,” Buffy sighed in frustration, “you’d think that somebody or make that ‘something’ else evil would show up tonight!”

Of course, the real action was usually at the Holly Cemetary, but that turf was off limits for Buffy now. Since that spell of Willow’s Buffy had avoided that cemetary like the plague, sending Xander, Anya and Giles over there to patrol for her.

“Spike’s cemetary,” she smirked, thinking how silly it really was to think of any place like that as ‘someone’s turf. “Damn!” she cried angrily, noticing the Traoch’s blood on her new, expensive leather boots, “when will I learn to ‘not wear’ my good clothes on these patrolling thingys!”

Suddenly, Buffy’s ‘spidey sense’ sent a tingle down her spine, alerting her to the fact that a very powerful vampire was close by.

“Oh crap!” she groaned out loud in exasperation, “Spike!”

She would know that ‘feeling’ anywhere, the one that told her this was no ordinary vamp, but the one vampire that could take her down, maybe anyway. Okay, at least he, Spike, was capable of annoying her to death, if nothing else.

‘That or rock my world,’ she thought nervously as she turned to face the patch of trees by the border of the cemetary. ‘Oh, bad Buffy,’ she groaned inwardly, ‘bad, bad Buffy the Vampire Slayer. There will be no rocking of Buffy’s world by Spike, never, ever ever!’

“Okay, Spike,” she hissed, “come out, I know you’re there.” She took her ‘bored now’ stance and folded her leather clad arms across her chest, putting on the best ‘what the hell do you want’ expression on her face. Sure enough, there he was, William the Bloody in all his bleached blond-hair glory!

“Hello, cutie,” Spike greeted her amicably as he stepped out from behind the grove of trees he’d been hiding in. For the last half of an hour, Spike had followed Buffy in this lonely place, watching her kill off some real loser of a vampire fledgling and some stupid Traoch Demon who’d tried to help the loser.

He had even considered joining Buffy in the fray, but realized that she would just get pissed off at him for butting in, so he backed off, stayed hidden and watched as she kicked the crap out of the next fledgling. When Buffy had finished that bloody moron off, he proceeded to tail her through the rest of the cemetary until she had stopped, bent over and checked her boots.

From his spot, hidden in the trees, Spike caught the most tantalizing glimpse of his Slayer’s lovely thong covered bum. He also surmised that Buffy had gotten some kind of shit on her boots, “fate worse then death for our little munchable morsel,” he’d chuckled.

Actually, he had been surprised that Buffy hadn’t detected him before this, “must have something else on her mind,” he reasoned as he came out into her view. “Just bet ‘I’ might be that something,” he said to himself, hopefully, as he faced her with a smirk.

“Wondered when you’d find me out, luv,” he nodded at her and lit a cigarette, giving her a once or twice over with his appreciative eye.

“Love the outfit,” he continued snarkily, “you plannin’ on slaying or seducing demons tonight?”

‘Please say seducing, please say seducing,’ he pleaded in his head, ‘at least seducing this demon.’

“You are a real pig, Spike,” Buffy huffed as she unfolded her arms and turned to walk off from him.

“Hey!” he shouted behind her, practically leaping the yards to close the gap between them, “don’t turn your back on me, Princess! Even if your arse is quite appealing, I prefer to see your front side, right at this moment anyway.”

Buffy stopped and flung her arms out about her, spun around and growled through clenched teeth, “just why ‘are’ you here, Spike? I mean, your ‘turf’ as you call it is all the way over on the other side of town. Can’t I just get the hell away from you, ever?”

He resisted the urge to grab her and kiss her luscious pink lips, deciding instead to simply shrug and take another drag off of his cigarette, “free country,” he stated evenly, but smirked for good measure.

She shook her head in frustration and mumbled, “I’m out of here,” again turning to walk away.

Spike was faster though, vampire and all, so he easily caught up with her and grasped her arm tightly, “I said,” he growled, “do not turn your back on me.”

Buffy felt that shiver of fear (?) go up her spine and tensed up immediately. ‘Who are you kidding Summers,’ she asked herself, unable to deny the real emotion Spike’s touch afforded her, ‘this isn’t fear or loathing or any of that, it’s lust.’

She tried to pull away from his, clasping huge hand, but apparently she didn’t try hard enough, so, he spun her around to face him again.

“Why don’t you patrol in Holly Cemetary anymore?” he asked gruffly, reaching up to touch her hair, then stopping short.

“I patrol where I choose,” she hissed, glaring at his azure blue eyes with indignation. “Just like I wear what I choose to patrol in, besides,” she suddenly grinned with sarcasm, “I’m supposed to hook up with Riley later tonight. Wanted to look especially ‘hot’ for him!”

‘There,’ she giggled defiantly, even if it was to herself, ‘shove that up your ass, Spikey!’

When she tried to pull away from him again, Buffy realized she might have just been a little to bitchy with him tonight. Spike was not smiling at all anymore, he wasn’t even frowning, really. His mouth, those lovely lips of his, too lovely for a males, was in a straight, angry line and his eyes? They were still blue of course, but now they were dark, almost blue black in color, their golden flecks burned like fire.

“Bitch!” he snarled, pulling her to him, roughly. “The only man you’ll dress like ‘that’ for is me!” he ordered harshly.

“You’re not a man,” she gasped, suddenly intimidated by Spike’s whole ‘Big Bad’ demeanor, but trying to be ‘tough’ and in charge.

“More of a bloody man then you’re fucking farm boy!” he roared as he yanked her chin up, non too gently, with his left hand. “Look at me,” he ordered again, “Look at me!” he roared again.

He felt a wave of power as this most powerful of Slayers met his eyes with her emerald orbs, a look of fear, or maybe it was uncertainty that shimmered through their green depths.

“What?” she whispered shakily.

“You’ve been avoiding me for weeks, making sure you stay completely out of my territory. You think you could hide from me, Buffy?” he asked, his head tilted to one side, “did you honestly think that I’d not come and hunt you down. Think again!” he rasped, “my radar is so tuned into you, that I’d sense you, smell you from miles away. I’ve been tracking you down for a week, ever since I figured out you were going to avoid me at all costs.”

Spike decided to up the stakes a notch, he picked Buffy up in his arms and carried her to a closed crypt nearby. Before she could make a move, struggle out of his arms, Spike kicked the crypt open, flinging the oaken doors wide. Once inside, he kicked them back shut and with one arm about Buffy, he used his other one to rebolt the door.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing!” she cried, suddenly quite animated in his arms.

“We’re going to have a chat, luv,” his gutteral growl low in his chest. “You and me, here and now, tonight. We’re going to straighten out some things, get them out in the open. Starting with,” he grunted as he sat her on a dusty sarcophagus, “why you’re avoiding your duties, especially in my cemetary. Then we’re going to discuss just why that spell of Red’s went the way it did, though I’m sure you’ve figured it out by now, just like me. No,” he growled again, holding her in place, keeping her from escaping, “you know fucking well why we kissed under that spell, why we almost married, almost made love. It wasn’t the spell,” he shook his head, “it was us, both of us, you and me and how we feel about each other. It’s how we’ve felt for years, since the first time I saw you, dancin’ at that hellish Bronze.”


A/N: Well, Spike is all ‘manly’ and such, huh? Please read and review this. I am really, really shy about somewhat canon BTVS fics. I’m usually better at period pieces, fantasy fics and all. Anyway, I have six more chapters of this in my files and I would like to submit them here. Then, continue and finish up the fic before I go into the next vampire/slayer WIP I have in mind. Thank you, Luv Spuf