Buffy stared disbelievingly at her boss. "You want me to what?"

Spike had the audacity to smile of course. "Sounds like you have to represent me luv."

"Shut up, Spike," she snapped at him and he just chuckled to himself. Rolling her eyes, she stared at her boss and what she thought was her good friend, Cordelia Chase.. "Don't do this to me. I can't do it. I'll kill him. You realize I will kill him right?"

"Hey!" Now he was offended?

Buffy glared at him, telling him to shut up with her eyes.

Spike ignored her. "If you must know you stupid bint, I asked for you specifically."

"Stupid bint? What the hell is a ‘bint' anyway? And I'm not stupid. You are."

"You bloody well are stupid. You act as if—"

"Can you guys knock it off please? God! What is wrong with you two?" Cordy exclaimed.

"I can't stand him. I thought that was obvious," Buffy said matter-of-factly.

"That hurts Summers, that really hurts," Spike told her, putting a hand over his heart.

"Cry me a friggen river," she spat. "Why me Spike?"

"Because you're the best publicist here."

"There are plenty of other—"

"I want you."

She stopped the tirade she was about to start and stared at him. For once, he looked sincere. His blue eyes were intense and almost gray with his earnestness. He didn't have his patented smirk on, he was just full of. . . solemnity. It startled her. She started to look around the room.

"What the bleeding hell are you doing now?" He asked her.

"I'm looking for where the portal is. I'm obviously in some alternate reality. You actually sound sincere."

He sighed heavily and stuck out his hand. "Truce?"

She looked at him warily and at the offered hand. Cordy was watching expectantly.

"Fine, truce," she said and ignored the proffered hand. She started for her office. "Let's look at a schedule and get some ideas."

Spike sighed and looked at Cordy. She shrugged. "Good luck."

"Thanks, I'm gonna need it."

"Why did you want her again?"

Spike smiled, "how could I not?"

"What are your plans for tonight?" Spike asked as he watched Buffy typing furiously into her computer. He stared at her, the way she bit her lip and tilted her head to the side, he watched the different facial expressions pass over her face. He wondered if she even knew how beautiful she truly was.

She looked at him out of the corner of her eye. "Why?"

"Just curious."

"Oh."

Silence.

"You gonna tell me or do I have to guess?"

"I'm going out."

"With?"

"No one you know."

"I know everyone you hang out with pet."

"Not everyone."

"Who then? A boy?" He chuckled.

She looked at him, "yes, as a matter of fact."

Spike stopped, his smile fading. "Who is it?"

She rolled her eyes. "We don't run with the same crowd anymore Spike. It's not important
for you to know every detail about my life anymore."

"I still retain the right to know."

"You've never retained the right to know anything about my life, but cool."

"You're a brat, you know that?" He was getting seriously angry with her now.

She smiled sweetly and stood, "thank you," and she sauntered out of the room.

Spike narrowed his eyes at her retreating form. He looked on her desk and found the source of what could tell him where she was going tonight and with whom: Her datebook. He grinned evilly and quickly fumbled through it.

"Angel? Who the soddin' hell is Angel?" He murmured to himself and then quickly placed the book down.

Buffy came in a second later. "I'll be by your place at 9am tomorrow for the interview that takes place at 10. Got it?"

"Nine am luv, I got it."

"Stop calling me that."

"What?"

"Luv."

"Why?"

"Uh, maybe because you don't mean it?"

"How do you know I don't mean it?" He tucked his tongue behind his front teeth, grinning
at her.

"Because you can't stand me remember?"

He shook his head and stood. "Sometimes I forget." Pause. "Luv." And he left before she could protest.



"So how was your day?" Angel, Buffy's boyfriend asked as he kissed her softly, holding her in his arms.

She groaned as she rested her head against his chest, "long. I have to represent Spike for a while."

"Spike?"

"You remember I told you about the annoying British guy that all my friends seemed to love in high school and I could not stand? He moved here when he was a sophomore. . . made my life a living hell. . . we hated each other. Although, I rather think he enjoyed being a pain in my ass. Well, he got a recording contract AND a book deal so now he's being catapulted into fame and he asks for me to represent him. ME."

Angel raised an eyebrow, "why?"

"I suppose he thinks I'll do whatever I can to get him exposure so that I don't have to deal with him anymore."

"You hate him that much?"

Buffy paused, a thoughtful expression on her face. "I guess I don't HATE him. It's just that in high school he did whatever he could to drive me nuts. He always tried to worm his way into my life and I just couldn't stand him. He has grown up since then, I suppose."

"You've still kept in touch with him?"

"Yeah, go fig. Not directly, more like indirectly. We still share the same friends and he always seems to be around where I am."

Angel fell silent. To him it sounded like the man named Spike had a thing for his girl. That wouldn't do at all. He might not have the history that Spike had, but he now part of Buffy's life and he wasn't going to let Spike interfere with that. Pulling her closer to him, he placed a sweet kiss on her forehead.

"I just want to forget about work and enjoy being here with you," she told him.

Angel smiled, "sounds good. Would you like a coffee?"

"Please."

Buffy smiled as she watched her boyfriend walk over to the coffee area. She sat back in the plush seat in the large but cozy bookstore and allowed her insides to turn to mush.

"Fancy meetin' you here, pet."

She froze. That voice. That annoying, British voice could only belong to one person.

She looked up to see Spike grinning at her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked, annoyed.

"Wanted to get something to read. Check out where I want my book to be placed."

"Um, try under Marsters in Fiction. That's your last name and that is what your book is. Fiction."

"I was talking about under new releases," he glared.

"Again, under Marsters."

"Have a bloody answer for everything don't you?"

"Except for why you continue to breathe my air. Go away Spike."

"Why? So you can continue snogging your gigantic boyfriend in public?"

"He is NOT gigantic!!"

"Please, he looks like he could suffocate you.."

"I'm taking heat from the guy in the outdated Billy Idol look? That's rich."

"I'm not a metrosexual."

"You're not even sexual!"

"You're a bitch!"

"You're an asshole!" She jumped up, staring him down.

"Uh, Buffy?"

"What?" Buffy snapped, not even bothering to look at who was speaking to her. She was too busy wondering how she could rip Spike's head off and get away with it.

"Buffy?" The voice said, softer this time, and surprised.

She looked to see Angel standing there kind of awkwardly with their coffee. She calmed instantly and took a step away from Spike.

"I'm sorry, honey," she said softly and took her coffee from him. "This is Spike."

Angel looked toward the man that had turned his normally sweet and gentle girlfriend into a raving lunatic. "Hi. I'm Angel. Her boyfriend."

Spike narrowed his eyes at the man. Jealousy coursed through him, despite how hard he tried to ignore it. "Hi," he said tightly.

"Say goodbye now Spike. I'll see you at nine okay?" Buffy told him, nudging Angel slowly away from Spike.

"Bye," Spike said through clenched teeth as he watched Buffy sling her arm through Angel's and waltz away. What right did that ponce have to be that comfortable with her and get her to respond so kindly to him? What did he have to do to garner that kind of affection?