It was Spike's turn to be speechless. He'd done it to her so many times over the past couple days, he supposed it was only fair. He kept trying to say something, but the words seemed trapped in his throat. And all Buffy could do was stand there and watch him, clearly amused. In a clinical sort of way. As if she had made an hypothesis and was watching the outcome.

Her head cocked to the side watched him. "Now you get to impersonate a guppy. I'm impressed, I have to say. Didn't think I could actually render you speechless."

"Did you mean it?" He finally managed. "Did you mean it or were you just trying to make me speechless?"

"Oh, I meant it."

"You think we should make love."

She shook her head, a small grin turning the corners of her mouth. "Not
‘make love'. Sex. Just sex."

Spike was finally starting to regain thought. He nodded slowly. "Sex. Just
sex."

"Right. You get what you want, I get what I want and it's done."

"I have a feeling that what I want and what you want is different here.
Why don'tyou explain it to me?"

"Well, I figured it'd be pretty easy to understand. You always said you
were a simple man. Why don't you figure it out?"

"Right, so, how well do I know Buffy Summers? Pretty well, I think. So let me wager a guess on what you're thinking. You think that I ultimately want your body, because that is, according to your warped thought process, all I want in the first place right?"

"Right. And because I'm unattainable to you, it strokes your ego that you
‘got' me for a night."

"And then, there's you." He smirked and walked towards her, started
circling her as she stood ramrod straight. "You want me," he leaned in and
whispered huskily in her ear, smiling at the shiver he saw go through her.
He pulled back. "You figure if you have ‘just sex' with me that will sate your
desire." He stood in front of her. "How'd I do?"

"Excellent."

"Except that it won't. Sate you that is. You'll want more."

She sneered at him. "Don't flatter yourself."

"The simple fact that you're standing here right now offering this to me is
flattery enough. I didn't know robots could feel."

"Funny, I didn't know pompous, arrogant assholes could either. I guess
that makes us even," she snarked back without missing a beat.

He put a hand over his chest. "I'm wounded luv. That hurt." His smirk
spoke otherwise.

"I'm sure."

"And Angel?"

"This is. . . think of it as a science project. If my calculations are right,
which they usually are, we'll walk away from this satisfied and ready to go
on with our lives. I will of course have to ask Cordy to reassign you to
someone else. I feel that as soon as we have sex, I will be able to engage in
my relationship with Angel freer than I am now."

"No."

She faltered, "What?"

"No. I won't have sex with you Buffy. I don't want to have sex with you. I
want to make love to you."

"Please. You're a guy. Next you're gonna tell me you like to cuddle."

"I DO like to cuddle," he told her, leaning in close.

"Fine. I'll have sex. You can make love. Satisfied?"

"Nope. I want you Buffy. I want you so much I can barely see straight half
the time, but the reason I want you so much—aside from that luscious
body—is because I'm in love with you. I've never loved any of the girls I've
had sex with Buffy. It's always been about you, pet. I couldn't give myself
to anyone else but you. So I know that when I finally do make love with
you, it's going to be amazing. Just holding you in my arms and kissing you is
better than any hug or kiss I've ever had with anyone. Because it's you.
And, in order for us to make love, I need you there with me. I need you making love to me too. I won't settle for anything less."

She walked away from him and he followed her. "Do you ever get told no, pet?"

She spun to him. "Yes, as a matter of fact I have. I don't like it."

"How ever are you going to handle it?"

She smirked saucily at him and opened her mouth to say something then
clamped it shut. She straightened and then shrugged, letting out a sigh.

"Normally I would say I would just have to try harder, but I guess in this instance I can't. I'll just have to accept it. It's not like I'm starved for sex anyway. I know Angel has missed me and will probably ravish—"

Spike let out a growl of frustration and hauled her up against him, devouring her mouth with his. He dove his hands in her hair as he nibbled, sucked and made love to her with his mouth. He could feel her hardened nipples through her cami brushing against his hard chest and it spurred him on. He pulled back, letting them catch their breath.

"You're mine," he told her through clenched teeth. "You think after I've had a taste of you I'm just going to let you go? I'm going to be around so much, all you're ever going to see with those beautiful eyes is me. All you'll hear is me. All you'll want. Is. Me. But you don't have to worry baby, because I'll be right there with you. Everywhere I go, everything I do. . . it's all about you." Unwinding one hand, he let it trail down her cheek, her neck, her collarbone and then he cupped her breast in his hand, flicking his thumb across her nipple, making it harder, making it beg for his attention.
Her eyes were half mass as she gazed into his stormy blue eyes. Leaning in he swept his tongue along the bottom of her lip before claiming her mouth once more. He pulled her closer against him and let her feel how aroused he was. They were a perfect fit, he nestled himself right between her legs and he caught a whiff of her arousal. He wanted nothing more than spread her out on the bed and taste her moist center and then make love to her. He couldn't though. She admitted she wanted him, but that wasn't enough. He wanted her love and he wasn't going to stop until he got it.

"Don't you dare touch him, Buffy," he whispered against her lips. "If you touch him at all with the intent of having SEX with him, I'll tell Cordy you punched me. Do you understand me?"

Her shove was his answer.

She glared at him, chest heaving. "You wouldn't."

"Touch him and find out."

"I hate you. Get out of my room."

Trying not to let her words sting him, he held up his hands in surrender and walked back to his room, trying not let his knees buckle under him. He shut the door firmly behind him and closed his eyes. "Good job Spike."





Thank you guys so much for the reviews! Your feedback inspires me :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!