Author's Chapter Notes:
3rd in the Labours of Love trilogy
The Legend of Amun Rah

Can be read as a standalone, but is the third part of trilogy,
‘Labours of Love’ series

Story 1 – You Only Un-live Twice
Story 2 - Gift Of The Gods
Story 3 – The Legend Of Amun Rah


Chapter 1



“Oh…oh god, babe – I’m…aaaaahhhhh” Buffy bit her lip to stop crying out too loud, as her orgasm subsided. Spike collapsed on her for a second or two, then he kissed her.

“Love you”

“Love you t-“

“DA! DADADADA!”

“Oh goodness…guess who’s awake!” Buffy said grinning.

“At least his timing is getting better!” Spike carefully moved off her and Buffy slipped on her robe and went into the nursery to fetch their baby son.

“Da! Da! Billy had kicked all the covers off himself and was chewing the ear of his favourite teddy.

“I’m not your da, you little tinker…how about ma-ma for a change, hmm? Come on, leave Mr Ted here, an let’s go see your precious da”

“Dadadadada!”

Billy got all excited and leaned out of his mum’s arms towards his dad. Spike took him and put him in bed next to him

“Hello son…you calling me, huh?”

“Dadadada!”

Spike grinned, lay on his back and lifted Billy to lie on his chest

“Isn’t he the best, huh?” Spike stroked his son’s cheek and Buffy smiled

“I’ll go make his breakfast and us some tea – you play nice, okay – oh, and don’t let him have Mr Gordo…he’s only papier maché, and the amount Billy’s drooling, he’ll reduce him to mush in seconds!”

“Your mum’s fussing again son! Say da again…go on…dada”

“Dadadadada!” Billy sing-songed, Spike giggled and cuddled his son up, kissed his forehead.

“Clever boy eh – who’s my clever boy”

The phone rang, and Spike leaned over and snagged up the receiver.

“Spike – sorry to phone early, but could you and Buffy come to the shop when you can”

“Sure, Giles, is there a problem – Billy, no, yuck, don’t chew that son” Spike tried to take the coil of phone line out of Billy’s mouth.

“Oh no, not really, it’s just that there’s something I think you’d both like to see”

“Okay, well Buffy’s got to feed Billy first, he’s trying to eat the phone at the moment - but give us an hour, will that be okay?”

“Fine – see you”

Buffy came up the stairs carrying two mugs of tea, and a bottle of milk for Billy.

“That was Giles, he wants us at the shop – ow! Billy – that was my finger! Here, pass me that bottle before he starts on me, here you go son, chew on that!” Billy took the bottle and immediately began to feed.

“Look at the way he holds that bottle – its way beyond cute…aren’t you, eh buster…. way beyond cute!”

“Did he say what it’s about?” Buffy put a mug of tea on the nightstand for Spike and sat on the bed, sipping hers.

“No, only he thought it was something we’d like to see”

“You’ll have to come with me in the boot of the car then, that idiot over the road has parked his station wagon over the storm drain, so you can’t go via the tunnels” Buffy said

“That’s okay…we’ll risk mum driving, won’t we Billy?”

Spike tickled his son’s tummy and Billy giggled, making them giggle. The contents of the bottle finished, Billy had no more need of it, and he just dropped it on the floor.

“Charming!” Buffy bent and picked it up, putting it on the stand.

“Hmm, ow, Bill- Billy stop – what…hey…be a good boy!” Spike frowned slightly, for the last few days, Billy had taken it to try and force his finger into Spike’s mouth.

“What’s he doing that for?” Spike asked

“I’ve no idea, he doesn’t do it with me – have you ever, you know, shown him yourself with the lumpies?”

“No – no need, why?”

Buffy shrugged and said,

“I don’t know, just a thought, perhaps he wants to see your fangs”

“I’d be a bit wary, he’d cut himself – I’d be okay with him – I wouldn’t hurt him – but if he touched”

“I know you’d never hurt him…try it, go on, I’m here, change, I want to see his reaction”

Spike lay back on the bed, and morphed. Billy grinned and looked at his daddy’s golden eyes, then he touched Spike’s chin, and carefully, Spike showed his son the fangs.

Totally unperturbed, Billy went to touch one.

“Ah-ah, no Billy…mustn’t touch” Buffy said. Billy sat up on Spike’s chest and just giggled. Spike morphed back to his human guise.

“Well, he didn’t scream the place down…”

“No, he thinks daddy’s got a new party trick now I suppose – come on then Billy boy, let’s get you dressed” Buffy plucked him from Spike’s chest and carried him out to his own room.


************


“So Giles, what’s so urgent?”

Buffy asked, walking into the shop via the back entrance. Spike followed carrying in Billy.

“Ah, Buffy – is - oh yes, hello Spike…hello Billy!”

Billy grinned and then began to bite at his teddy.

“Don’t you feed that child?” Giles asked with a grin

“He’s been fed! He had 14oz of milk and a dish of baby rice not half an hour ago! – He’s teething – Spike, put him in his play-pen” Spike did just that, making sure Billy had toys in there to play with.

When he came back, Buffy was standing behind Giles, who was sitting at the computer, showing Buffy something on the monitor.

“So what have we got then?”

“Well, you know that old avocado and citrus orchards out in Greenvale, they’ve all been dug up – “

“For the new runway at the airport, yes”

“Well, it might be something and nothing, but some protesters against the runway flew over the whole site in a small plane, and reckon that there’s some definite patterns to be seen”

“What, like crop circles?” Spike asked

“No, not crop circles, the one guy, a friend of mine so it happens, he’s an Egyptologist, he says he’s seen this pattern before – it’s a map of the stars – look…that’s Orion…. that’s the Big dipper…and you see those indentations in the land…he says there was a good chance that pyramids once stood there” Giles showed Buffy on the monitor using photographs that had been taken

“Pyramids – in Greenvale?” Buffy looked surprised

“Ah, but that’s not all – some of these protesters have been tunnelling to stop the earth-movers coming in – and they’ve found a series of underground tunnels or passages, but at the moment, they are all water-logged and are unsafe. Now, they’ve gone to City Hall, and all the work has been stopped at the site, and conservationists and some archaeologists are going to be allowed in to see if there’s anything of interest” Giles said.

“And we are excited because?” Buffy asked

“Cordelia – she had a vision”

“Cordelia – who’s that?” Spike asked

“She used to live here when we were all at school – used Xander, used to fancy Angel, now she works with him in LA” Buffy explained

“Oh her, the cheerleader…she had a vision?”

“All we know, it’s supernatural – it has to be for her to see it, it’s in Greenvale, and um…it involves a baby – that’s all she saw”

“A baby? – What a new born?” Spike asked

“No idea”

“Could she have seen a flash back or something – I know they used to sacrifice babies and children – virgins…barbaric!” Buffy said frowning

Again Giles shrugged and said he had no idea.

They could hear Billy chuckling away to himself, and then heard him clear as day shout,

“Wa-wo!” They all smiled when they heard Willow’s voice.

“Hello Billy – Clever boy! Come on…come here my gorgeous boy – got a kiss for me – you have – oh! That’s lovely!” Willow appeared around the bookcase carrying Billy on her hip. Billy was chewing a plastic brick.

“I swear he get’s more gorgeous every day!”

“I know, I can’t help it!” Spike said, batting his lashes, teasing them.

Everybody laughed, and Willow sat with Billy on her lap.

“Did you hear him – I swear to the goddess he’s trying to say Willow – he put his little arms up and called me Wa-wo – clever boy! Er, has he been fed?” Billy was now trying to bite the corner of Willow’s laptop

“YES! It’s just he just puts EVERYTHING into his mouth at the moment, he’s teething…” Buffy said, and Willow smiled and said to Billy

“Tell your mom, you want a big, juicy steak!”

“Huh, he’d probably eat it too – look at that, little beggar took a lump out of my finger this morning!” Spike said

“How old is he now, Buffy?” Giles asked

“He’s eleven months tomorrow – I can’t believe how fast the time’s gone”

“Neither can I – nearly a whole year…anyway, I was going to ask, would you look after the shop for me while I go and see this archaeology friend of mine?”

“Sure – we don’t mind, do we babe?”

Spike said he didn’t mind at all

“Mind you, I think you ought to go into the playpen with Billy – keep you both out of mischief!” Buffy said

“Eh? – Bloody cheek!”