Chapter 6



Billy was in his play pen, all his toys however, were not. He’d thrown every last one of them out, and now had nothing to play with. Nothing else for it then, he grabbed the netting in both fists, and with a satisfying r-r-r-I-I-I-I-p-p-p-p-p, the fine white netting parted and Billy crawled through the hole and out to sit amongst his toys.

And that’s how Willow found him when she came into the lounge.

“Oh my goodness! Billy, how on earth did you…oh my!” Willow surveyed the new hole in the netting. Billy just grinned and held up a plastic brick to her.

She plucked him up off the floor and went to answer the front door. It was Xander.

“Hey”

“Not too early am I?”

“No…oh Xander, have I got news for Buffy and Spike!”

“Oh?”

“Last night, when I looked in on Mr Munch here, he had Mr Gordo in his cot”

“That’s the toy he’s not to have coz it’s made of paper stuff, yeah?”

“That’s right, anyway, I put it back on the shelf, and tuck Mr Ted in its place, but when I go in to check on him, it’s back in the cot with him, Mr Gordo, large as life! – So I took it out and put it back on the high shelf, and I sat in the hall and waited”

“And?”

“And I saw it float down into the cot – I couldn’t believe my eyes!”

“You mean he just…oh boy! What have you been up to mate?”

“And that’s not all, look – AGAIN!” Willow waved her hand through the rip in the playpen netting.

“Oh Billy, did you do this huh?”

“Wa-wo…num-a-nums!”

“Here, will you hold him, he’s had a bottle of milk, I was just fixing him a rusk”

“Come on the Billy, come and tell your uncle Xander all about it then….”


*****************


“Do you want to go down to breakfast babe, or shall I call room-service?” Spike kissed her bare shoulder.

“What time have we got to vacate the room?”

“By 10.30am, we could go in the hot-tub one last time, have a room-service breakfast then leave”

“I could eat a horse!” Buffy said grinning and sitting up.

“That’s because we missed dinner last night!” Spike said with a grin.

“It was worth it though, wasn’t it?” Buffy stroked her fingers though his hair, and Spike readily concurred that indeed it was definitely worth it!

Spike ordered freshly squeezed juices, a platter of prepared fruits, bacon and eggs, wheat toast and honey and a pot of tea.

They were in the hot-tub when room-service wheeled the trolley into the room, and when the door was shut, Buffy moved from leaning back with her arms draped out, to standing in front of Spike.

She began to kiss him, and they made love.

“Come on Kitten, breakfast will be getting cold!”

They enjoyed the food and Buffy ate ravenously.

“I hope Billy has been good!”

“Well, no phone calls, that’s a good sign!” Spike said. He wiped his mouth and dropped the napkin on top of his now empty plate.

“Let’s get back and see him shall we – I’ve missed him calling me!”

“Yeah, come on…”



**************



“Are you sure you want to do this Cordelia?” Angel had a concerned hand upon her shoulder.

“Yes – this vision I’ve had, I just KNOW it’s something to do with Greenvale, I’ll feel better once I’m there”

“Right then, all ready, I know the way, will you follow me Angel?” Wesley asked, putting his laptop and jacket into the back of his car.

“Okay, I’ve got an idea where it is, but I’m not 100% sure”

“Come on then, if we leave now we should get there around late lunchtime”


***************


“You know why he escaped, coz he’d thrown all his toys out and hadn’t got anything to play with!” Xander said to Willow, surveying the sea of plastic bricks, teethers and various toys strewn around, the play pen was empty.

Willow handed Billy the rusk, and Billy began to chew.

She turned to the playpen, stirred her finger in the air to magically mend the tear, and then she said to Xander

“Okay then, after he’s eaten that, put him back in his play pen, but don’t give him any toys to play with, leave things as they are, we can peep round and see just what he does”


They didn’t have long to wait. For all of a minute Billy sat in his pen forlornly with no toys, until he crawled to the side, grabbed the netting and ripped it in his usual way, and scampered out to his toys, and he began to play happily.

“Did you see that – Billy’s a super-strength!” Xander said with a grin

“Yup…with a little witchy stuff thrown in for good measure…golly Buffy and Spike are going to need eyes in the back of their heads to keep up with this little tinker!”

“I think you’re right there Will!”

Willow toyed with the idea to ask Xander about the fit of the glooms he’d had last night, but decided against it, she thought that he’d tell her eventually.

“I need to wash up and tidy round, will you watch the little one for me, and I mean watch him, boy can that child shift when he starts crawling, he goes off like greased lightening!”

“Sure, no problem – come on then Billy…lets get all these toys back into the play pen…”

*************


Mark came striding over to where Giles was standing talking, or rather shouting with two members of the archaeology team, trying to make themselves heard over the sound of the bilge pump that was pumping away the water from the passages.

“WE SHOULD BE FINISHED ANY MINUTE NOW!” Mark hollered

“GOOD!” Giles shouted back with a grin.

“IT’S VERY EXCITING – I, oh great! That means all the water must have gone!” The loud noise stopped, and the two people Giles had been talking to raced forward to see what the newly pumped passages would reveal hieroglyphics wise.

Giles and Mark also moved forward, and there was excited talk about details of a ritual being performed.

“I’ve got a friend coming from LA later on today, he’s very good with all this sort of stuff, I hope you don’t mind” Giles said

“As long as he’s discreet, and won’t tip off the media, then fine!”

“That’s the last thing he’ do, don’t worry!”


************



“Hi – hello baby – did you miss your ma hmm?” Billy eagerly went to his mum, and was grinning. When Spike came into the lounge Billy almost jumped out of Buffy’s arms!

“Hey, hmm ooh! Hey little fella…did you miss your old dada then, eh?”

“DA! DADADADA!” Billy chanted, holding up Mr Ted in one hand, and the back of Spikes collar in the other. Spike kissed his cheek and blew a raspberry, then he noticed Willow’s apprehensive look.

“Everything okay then Red, you look kinda anxious”

“Um, well”

“Willow, tell us, was everything alright last night?” Buffy sounded worried

“Fine, don’t – everything was fine, Billy was golden, although…” Willow was wringing her hands

“You’re worrying me now Red, tell us”

“Billy….he um, well he’s revealed certain, how shall I say, abilities”

Both Buffy and Spike looked at their son, then back to the redhead.

“What sort of abilities?”

“Well, he’s got exceptional strength for one so young, it’s been him ripping the netting on his play pen, with his bare hands, Xander and I watched him do it”

“Really? Well, I suppose that’s no big surprise really, given that both Spike and I have advanced strength”

“That’s not all…you know Mr Gordo”

“Oh no, don’t tell me he’s mush!”

“No, nothing like that, last night…………………………………………………….So in the end, I just left it in there with him, it was pointless me taking it off him, he’d have only floated it down again”

“You hadn’t, you know…” Spike twiddled his fingers

“Done anything that could have caused it?”

“Oh no, definitely not, no” Willow shook her head vigorously

Both Buffy and Spike looked back at Billy

“You’re going to be a right handful, aren’t you mate!” Spike tickled his cheek, and Billy squealed with delight and shoved a brick in his mouth.

“I’d got a feeling it was him ripping the netting, but this magic stuff, well!”

Buffy cuddled him up and Spike said,

“Well, we’ll have to get one of those play pens with the wooden bars, maybe that’ll hold him for a couple of months!”

“So, how was the hotel – what did you have for dinner?” Willow asked with a grin

“Um…we decided that…well, we weren’t hungry!”

“Oh?” Willow looked mildly amused

“Yeah…we liked the room so much, and the bed was so comfy, food didn’t come into the equation!” Spike said with a grin, and Willow caught their drift and grinned, and didn’t ask any more awkward questions!