In My Dreams





By Erica Hayden





**Dream Sunnydale--Summers' Home**

Tap, tap, tap

Buffy could feel a strange pressure on the tip of her nose, waking her with a jolt out of a somber sleep. Buffy's eyes opened slowly, only to see Xander hovering above her, his thick fingers inches from her face. "Wakey wakey Mrs. Rip Van Winkle." Xander's bright brown eyes laughing in her own emerald.

"No, need sleepy." Buffy retorted, burying her face in her pink pillow. It had the familiar smell of stale ciggarettes, musky cologne and leather.

"Don't make me resort to the tickling Buff. Time to get up." Xander crossed to the windows which was blocking out all light, he opened the velvet curtains, noting the darkness, he swept to her lamp and switched it on. "We're meeting Spike, Willow and Tara at the Bronze in about twenty..." Xander said with a nod, silently exiting, leaving the Slayer to do the girl thing.

"Why Spike?" Buffy said through the door as she was changing. Part of her words were in disgust, the other half curiosity.

Xander had apparently been waiting in the hall. He wasted no time in his answer. "Seeing as how he lives with you, and you both kinda dig eachother."

Buffy immediately stopped dead in her tracks, her arms fully out of her shirt, but it was still trailing around her neck. "Dig? There is no diggage. Absolutely not."

Xander raised a brow which remained unseen through the door. "Buff, I thought you were gunna test the waters with Spike?"

"Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt." She stated, grabbing some skirts out of her drawer and flinging them onto the bed. "I deffinantly dipped a toe into the water...and it's ice cold."

Xander shook his head and laughed. "Who you tryin' to convince, me or yourself?" Suddenly a peice of bright pink fluff slammed him in the side of the head before the sound of a door slamming echoed through his ears. After giving a slight 'Oof!' he laughed as he bent down to pick the pillow up. Just what I thought

**The Bronze**

Buffy slammed the car door, sulking as she waited for Xander in a sort of huffy impatience. Stupid Best Friend. Trying to make me think. Uh uh. Not gunna happen. Buffy internally shook her head.

"Buff, all I'm trying to say is, there's gotta be something between you two if it took you an hour and a half to pick out your outfit and another hour to do hair and makeup. Just to go Bronzing I might add." Xander said as he started towards the door.

"My wardrobe of choice has nothing to do with Capitain Peroxide." She said, wrapping her arms around her tiny body. The shimmers on her deep red halter sparkled in the moonlight. Her tight black pants and choker with a tiny cross on it gave her a midevil gothic look to her outfit. Yet her golden curls which had tumbled slightly passed her shoulders gave a certain angelic look to the whole ensamble.

Xander shook his head. "Uh huh, so that's why you're wearing an outfit that will ultimately trigger Spike's drool reflexes?"

"Just trying to attract the male persuasion."

"Just admit it Buff, that male persuasion includes a certain tall, pale and blonde englishman we have all learned to love."

Buffy was unable to surpress a giggle.

"I never spoke those words." Xander said worriedly as they entered the Bronze.

The smell of smoke quickly filled the Slayer's nose as they stepped into the room. The angry rock music was echoing off of the walls , giving a sort of eery effect.

Buffy felt a strong hand wrap around her shoulder. "Hello, luv." Whispered a familiar voice.

She spun around, coming face to face with the vampire...well not actually vampire. She reminded herself. "Hey Spike."

Spike eyed the Slayer up and down. "You look gorgeous."

Buffy smiled, face turning a bright red. Stop flirting! She ordered herself

"Friends are over there." He nodded. Buffy searched the popular club until her eyes spotted Willow, Tara and Anya, all waving to get Buffy's attention.

Buffy smiled and waded through the crowd, Spike and Xander trailing behind.

"Hey guys." She smiled.

After a few minutes of friendly chatter, Willow's eyes brightened. "I'm going to get a drink. Anyone wanna come?"

As Tara and Xander stood, Anya remained sitting. "I'm good--Ow!" She said, bringing her shin in her hand. "Why'd you kic--Oh!" She stood up as the other three walked off.

Spike gave a low chuckle then looked directly at Buffy, his bright blue eyes entering hers.

"Wanna dance luv?" He asked, raising a scarred eyebrow. Why does he have to do that Buffy thought to herself My legs do the jell-o thing when he does that

"No. I'm good. Gunna save the table, you go ahead." She nodded.

Spike took a few steps closer, until he was towering over her. He pressed his cheek to hers, "Not getting away that easily, pet." He whispered in a low voice. Buffy's eyes opened as he pulled away, she caught herself whimpering at the lack of closeness. She released the breath she had been holding.

Spike chuckled again, gently grabbing her hand and bowing, never ripping his eyes away from hers as he slowly kissed her hand. "Please?"

Buffy shrugged. "Since you asked so nicely...What the hell." Hey different universe, actual human, no harm no foul Buffy thought to herself.

The music had slowed as they entered the dance floor.

I have a smile
stretched from ear to ear
to see you walking down the road


Spike placed Buffy's hand into his own, reaching for the small of her back with his free hand. Buffy nuzzled her head into Spike's neck and sighed. Just for tonight she would know happiness. Normality.

we meet at the lights
I stare for a while
the world around disappears


Spike inhaled Buffy's scent. He was quickly drowning in her. As her hips swayed into his growing erection, he couldn't help but snake his lips up to her forehead, sweeping his lips across her golden skin.

just you and me
on this island of hope
a breath between us could be miles
let me surround you
my sea to your shore
let me be the calm you seek


Buffy did feel his lips move onto her, and she didn't care. This was a different Spike, and in the way...the same. The way he looked at her with desire and passion. That was real. The way he took care of her and Dawn. That was real. This moment, her eyes closed, knees feeling weak as she stayed pressed against his muscular chest. That was real.

oh and every time
I'm close to you
there's too much I can't say
and you just walk away


Spike slowly lifted Buffy's chin up to meet his face, his eyes lingered in her own for a moment. "Luv..." He started, but was quieted by Buffy's hand against his mouth.

"Shhh." She silenced him, standing on the tip of her toes she slowly brushed her lips against his. Spike's insides roared at the slightest taste of her. Vanilla and Carmel. Spike slowly opened his mouth, licking her bottom lip. Buffy's lips opened as well, granting access to Spike's probing tongue. Their tongues danced as they kissed passionately. The desire in Buffy made her head spin, she had to clutch onto Spike to keep from falling.

and I forgot
to tell you I love you
and the night's too long
and cold here without you
I grieve in my condition
for I cannot find the strength to say
I need you so


As the song came to and end, Xander looked up at Willow. "I knew it..." The group shared a smile.


A/N: So how'd I do? Please Review, feeding my muse ends up with a posting frenzy! :-D By the way, the song is I love you By Sarah McLachlin