Chapter 13


Buffy picked up the phone after the fifth ring.

“Hello?” she said, annoyed.

“Buffy?”

“Oh, hi Willow.”

“Get dressed. We’re going to the Bronze. Anya and the rest of us will be at your house at 7.” Willow told her.

Buffy sighed.

“I don’t feel like going out tonight Will.”

“Buffy, you will get over Spike and come out and have fun with us.”

“But-“

Willow interrupted.

“What’d I say? You may not be able to see it, but I have my resolve face on. We’ll be there at 7. See ya then.”

Willow hung up before Buffy had a chance to protest.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy ran down the stairs when she heard Anya beep the horn. She grabbed her leather jacket, and put it on, completing her outfit: a hot pink lace-up top and leather skirt. She ran out to the car and climbed in. Willow turned around from the front seat and smiled.

“Hey Buffy. Ready to have some fun?”

Buffy smiled at Willow.

“Yep. Let’s go.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spike put his guitar in Oz’s van and climbed in. Oz looked at him in the rearview mirror.

“You ok man?”

“Yeah. I’m fine.”

Truth be told, he was nervous about tonight’s gig. Tonight he was going to sing for Buffy. He was afraid of her reaction. Xander poked him, disrupting his thoughts.

“Don’t worry, Spike. She’ll love it.”

“I hope you’re right.”

“You are sure she’s coming, right?” Spike asked.

“Yeah. I asked Anya.” Xander told him.

“Willow said she was coming. She’ll be there.” Oz said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Anya parked the car and the girls got out. They headed towards the entrance. Buffy laughed at something Anya said, but her smile quickly faded when she saw who was performing tonight.

Willow and Anya saw her hesitate. They grabbed Buffy’s arms and pulled her inside.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dingoes Ate My Baby were already set up and ready to go. They performed for the crowd. Spike scanned the crowd, looking for Buffy. He spotted her sitting at a table by herself.

Oz smiled when he saw Willow. Willow waved at him and smiled, and he nodded back. Xander watched Anya go over to Buffy and sit down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Hey Buffy.”

Buffy looked up at Anya.

“Hey.”

“Why aren’t you dancing? You should be out there with us.”

Buffy sighed.

“I don’t feel like dancing.”

“Buffy, we brought you here to have fun. Not mope over Spike. Now come on.”

She grabbed Buffy and pulled her over to the rest of the gang, who were out dancing. She joined the others, laughing at Anya’s comments about Xander, and soon she forgot all about her Spike problems.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The band finished the song. The girls walked over to their table and sat down. Willow looked at Anya and smiled. Anya looked at her, momentarily confused. Willow rolled her eyes and nodded toward the stage.

“Oh!” Anya yelled.

“What?” Buffy asked.

“Nothing.” Anya said, smiling sweetly.

Devon stepped away from the microphone and nodded at Spike. Spike took a deep breath and walked over.

“This is for a special girl I know.”

Buffy’s head snapped up.

‘He’s talking about me. Oh God, Oh God, Oh God.’, she thought.

She watched Spike as he started the song.