Chapter 15


Spike walked Buffy home. They were sitting on Buffy’s porch talking.

“Scott Hope’s testicle?” Spike asked.

Buffy grinned.

“True. But he deserved it.” Buffy said, chuckling.

“So, did you really eat a live duck once?” Buffy asked.

Spike laughed.

“No. But I had a pet duck.”

Buffy raised an eyebrow.

“And if you tell anyone that, I will hurt you.” he threatened.

Buffy giggled.

“Uh-huh. Well, what did you really do last summer? There are a lot of rumors about it. And I know the porn career is a lie. I mean, come on!” Buffy said laughing.

Spike looked at her.

“How do you know?”

Buffy stopped laughing and looked at him in shock.

“No way!”

“No, I didn’t have a porn career. Nice to know you considered it, though.” Spike smirked.

Buffy scoffed.

“Hmph. What did you do then?” she asked.

“I lived in England with my uncle, working at a library so I could save up some cash to buy a motorcycle.”

“That’s it?” Buffy asked, incredulously.

Spike shrugged.

“Yeah. I mean, I did get into a lot of fights, but nothing really extreme, like eating a live duck or whatever else they say about me.”

“So, what other secrets do you have?” Buffy asked.

“I’ve pretty much told you all of my secrets, pet.”

“Ok. So tell me something that’s true. Something that no one else knows.”

Spike leaned towards Buffy.

“I eat peas.” he whispered.

Buffy looked at him for a minute before she burst out laughing. Spike looked at her and laughed.

“No, really. Tell me.”, she said.

“Alright.”

Spike leaned over and kissed Buffy on the cheek.

“You’re sweet.”

He kissed her neck.

“And sexy.”

Buffy sighed.

“You really mean that?”

“I sure do, luv.”

Spike kissed her, and pulled back to look her in the eyes.

“Go to Prom with me.”, he told her.

“Is that a request or a demand?” she asked.

Spike sighed.

“Come on; just go to Prom with me.”

“No.”

“No?” Spike asked.

“No. I don’t want to go.”

“Why not? People won’t expect you to go.”

“Why are you pushing this? Why is it so important? What’s in it for you?”

“Oh what? I have to have a motive to want to be with you now?” Spike asked.

“You tell me.” Buffy answered.

“You need therapy, you know that?” Spike told her, angry.

“Come on, Spike. Answer me. What’s in it for you?” Buffy yelled.

“I just want to go to the dance with you, pet. What’s the big deal?” Spike asked, taking out a cigarette.

Buffy glared at him.

“I don’t know. What is the big deal, Spike?”

Spike looked at her, cigarette hanging out of his mouth. Buffy yanked the cigarette away from him and threw it on the ground and stormed into the house.

‘Bloody hell. I pissed her off again.’ he thought as he left.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Conner and Dawn sat in the library for their study session. Conner flipped through the French book.

“’May I offer you a parsnip?’”, he asked her in French.

“’No you may not.’” Dawn answered, in French.

“’Where is my uncle’s pencil?’”, he asked her.

“’I don’t know. Maybe it is up your ass.’” Dawn said, glaring at him.

Conner looked at her, confused.

“Wait. That’s not on this page.” he told her, flipping through the pages of the book wildly.

“’Let me ask you a question, Conner. When are you going to ask me out?’”, Dawn asked, in French.

Dawn slammed her book shut and stormed away, leaving behind a bewildered Conner.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Fred trudged down the hall. Today had not been her day. First, she failed a huge math test. Then, she tripped in the cafeteria. She stopped at her locker, and opened the door. She gasped. Inside her locker was a beautiful green, Shakespearean-style dress. On the hook was a note. She picked up the note and read it.

One fair one, Join me at the Prom. I will be waiting. Love, Jesse.

Fred grinned. Her day had just gotten a whole lot better.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Please review!! Also, thanks to Meli! I have a group on Yahoo. I will be putting my fanfiction there (what I have so far), so join (the addy is on my profile page), and if you want to post your fanfiction, let me know!!!

~Ellie