A/N: OK, I used the same poem from the movie, but I added a couple things here and there. REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!!!

Chapter 20


Monday morning, Buffy sat in Giles’s English class.

“Alright, everyone. I assume everyone has had enough time to complete their poem, except for Mr. O’Connor, who has a somewhat valid excuse.” Giles said, chuckling at Angel.

Angel glared, and touched the bandage on his purple nose.

“Alright, is anyone brave enough to read theirs out loud?”

The students looked at each other.

“I will.” Buffy said.

“Anyone at all?” Giles said, ignoring Buffy.

No one spoke up, so Giles walked over to the side of the room.

“Lord, here we go.” he said.

Buffy walked to the front of the class with her notebook. She took a deep breath and started.

“I hate the way you talk to me and the way you dye your hair.

I hate the way you drive my car, I hate the way you stare.

I hate you big dumb boots, and the way you read my mind.

I hate you so much it makes me sick, it even makes me rhyme.”

Spike watched Buffy from his seat in the back of the room.

“I hate it when you’re always right; I hate it when you lie.

“I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry.”

Buffy started to cry.

“I hate it when you’re not around, and the fact that you didn’t call.

But mostly, I hate the way I don’t hate you, not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.”

Buffy slammed her book shut and ran out of the room. Spike put his head down.

~*~*~*~*~*~

After Buffy ran out of the room, she got her things out of her locker and headed towards the parking lot. She got to her car, and pulled her keys out. She opened the door to the car door and gasped when she saw a box tied with black ribbon placed on the seat. She threw her things in to the car and picked up the box and opened it. In it was a brand new black leather jacket.

“I thought you might like it. If I remember correctly, you puked on your other one. Besides, I had some extra cash, you know.”

Buffy spun around and looked at Spike.

“It’s beautiful. Thank you.” Buffy sat the box in the car.

“Yeah, well, some asshole paid me to take out a really great girl.”

Buffy smiled.

“Is that right?”

Spike shrugged.

“Yeah, but, I screwed up. I fell for her.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

Spike leaned over and kissed Buffy. Buffy pulled away and pointed her finger at him.

“Don’t think you can buy me a leather jacket every time you screw up.”

“Oh, I know. But there’s always pretty jewelry, new shoes, and maybe even one day a black lace thong.” Spike said, smirking.

Buffy gasped. Spike chuckled and kissed her again. Buffy pulled away and started to say something else, but Spike pulled her back, crushing his lips against hers.