Buffy cleared her throat nervously. ‘I can’t tell him the truth. He’s gonna go totally wiggy.’ Sitting up so she could see him clearly she took a deep breath. “When I saw you…I wanted you so much…” She took another deep breath. ‘Okay…not a total lie…’

“But you knew I was a vampire yeah?” He asked. “You must have been able to feel it…”

“Yes…I knew you were a vampire…and I know I shouldn’t have wanted you…but I…I felt something…and I just couldn’t let it go…so I knocked you out and…and I kissed you.” Buffy confessed. “I just…when I was there pressed up against you…I didn’t want to let you go…”

“Lust at first sight yeah?” Spike chuckled. “I wanted you too…from the moment I lay my eyes on you…” Spike pulled her into his arms. ‘Thought I would be draining your blood as I shagged you…’

‘He wanted me since then? Oh my god.’ Buffy leaned against him, resting her head on his shoulder. “Sleep now?” She asked.

“Yeah…could go for a nap…” Spike said softly. ‘So why didn’t I drain you when I had the chance?’ Spike groaned as he felt her press closer to him. ‘Yeah…that’s why. If I did you wouldn’t be laying here in my arms right now.’ He didn’t stop to wonder why her not being in his arms would have bothered him so much. He was the Big Bad, Slayer of Slayers, Master vampire. And he claimed the slayer.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“Do you think she’s gonna be okay? That guy was way creepy…” Ford asked.

“She’ll be fine…we’ll see her at school tomorrow…” Willow glanced at Xander. ‘If she’s not at school we’ll tell Giles.’

“The Buffster can totally take care of herself…” Xander agreed. ‘She already fought him once and kicked his ass…I’m not worried.’

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“Mmmm Morning…” She murmured, curling closer to the vampire
beside her. “What time is it?”

“Sun’s almost up…maybe another half hour at most…” Spike said softly, nuzzling into her neck. He pressed a chaste kiss against his mark on her neck, causing her to shudder as it pulsed straight to her core.

“Are you gonna…stay here today or…”

“You want me to stay?” He asked cupping one breast in his palm and massaging it.

“Well…I have to go to school…but I can come back when I’m done…”

“You have to go?” He asked, “I can think of much better ways to spend the day…” His fingers worked their way down between their bodies, stroking the soft curls he found. He spread her lips gently and inserted two fingers. ‘Christ so tight…so wet…’

“Mmmmm…I’d like nothing more than to spend the day in bed with you…but unfortunately I have school…Willow and Xander are probably maxi-wigged that I left with you last night so I have to go splainey…and Giles…Oh my god Giles!!! They probably told him.”

“You talk weird…don’t know what half those bloody words mean…” Spike pouted. “I don’t want you to go…”

“I talk weird? I talk weird.” She grinned. “You know…” She kissed him softly. “If we stop with the talking…and start with the touching…” Her hand curled around his already hard cock. “We could have a quick…Ahhhhhh”

She squealed as he pushed her onto her back and entered her swiftly, knowing she was ready. “Ohhhhhhh Buuuuffy…” He moaned into her neck, softly licking the mark he placed there.

“Spike…oh…yeah…” She murmured rocking her hips in time with his. “Feels soooo good…”

Spike was already close to cuming. ‘Feels so right…so perfect…’ He groaned as he felt her inner walls clench around him. “You belong to me Buffy…” He whispered against her neck. Bringing blunt teeth down against his mark he nibbled gently.

Buffy felt her heart swell at his whispered words. ‘Okay, so not a declaration of undying devotion…but it’s a start.’ She rocked her hips faster.

“That’s it…that’s my girl…my Buffy…cum for me luv…want to feel…”
“Uhhhhhh Spiiiiike…” She moaned cuming hard, his pulsating cock buried deep inside of her quivering folds.

“Buffy…” With a roar he shot his seed deep within her womb.

“Wow…” Buffy whispered leaning up towards him for a kiss. Spike bent his head slightly and kissed her with such passion it left her breathless.

She gazed up, her eyes filled with passion, desire and love.

Spike couldn’t take the intensity of her gaze. ‘Only one woman looks at me like that. My Dark Princess. Oh…oh god DRU!’ Spike pulled away and got up from the bed.

“Are…are you okay?” Buffy asked nervously.

“Yeah…m’ fine Slay…Buffy…you said you had to go…don’t want to start again when we can’t…”

“Oh right…” She said softly. She quickly gathered her clothes and ran to the bathroom. ‘Something’s wrong. I did something wrong and he hates me again.’ She hastily threw on her clothes.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

‘Bloody buggering HELL!!!’ Spike paced as he watched her gather her clothes.
‘Now I’m stuck here all bloody day. Dru’s probably goin’ out of her mind cause I'm not there.’

Grabbing his jeans from the floor he pulled them up his narrow hips and threw himself down on the bed. ‘Doesn’t matter how good how bloody right it felt to be with her…inside of her…Dru needs me. I love Dru… Can’t give her up just to shag the slayer.’ Spike heard the bathroom door open and he closed his eyes feigning sleep.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

Buffy glanced over at him. ‘Pretending he’s sleeping. Not a good sign.’ She walked over to the bed and pressed a chaste kiss to his parted lips. “See you.” She whispered softly. ‘Maybe he’ll be over what ever it is when I get back.’ Stopping at the door with her hand on the handle she took one last look back. ‘I love you Spike.’ Closing the door behind herself she let the tears fall as she ran all the way home.

She climbed up the tree outside her room and effortlessly crawled in her window. Glancing at her alarm clock she realized it was only six thirty. ‘Two hours till school. ‘Mom will be up in half an hour…’ She grabbed her housecoat and went to have a shower.

Re-entering her room twenty minutes later took the towel off her hair and ran her brush through it to remove the tangles. Buffy went to her closet to grab an outfit. Suddenly his mark started to tingle. ‘Oh. Oh yeah…can’t let them see that…’

She pulled a white turtleneck tank top out and held it up to herself. ‘Hmm yeah that’s not obvious…’ Grunting in frustration she decided on a pale blue tank top and a short white mini skirt. Tying a white scarf around her neck and nodding in satisfaction she turned to glance in the mirror above her vanity table. ‘Ok. That works.’ She smiled happily.

“Morning honey…you’re awake early…” Joyce said from the doorway.

“Yeah…I…uh…it’s my day to help out at the library…I have to go in early…” She glanced at her mom. ‘Not a total lie I do have to go to the library early to talk to Giles.’

“Oh…Okay…” Joyce looked at her sceptically. “Well if you hurry down for breakfast I’ll drop you off at school.”

“Ok…I’m just gonna call Willow and I’ll be right down.”

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“So…did you talk to her? Did she make with the staking?” Xander asked.

“I talked to her this morning…she said she’d meet us at the library.” Willow replied handing him her backpack to carry.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“Morning watcher-o-mine.” Buffy greeted entering the library.

“Buffy…good morning…you’re awfully chipper…” Giles glanced at her and went back to polishing his glasses.

“Yeah well…I had a good sleep…best sleep I’ve had in a month.” She grinned. ‘Thanks to Spike being wrapped around me.’

“Yes well…”

“Okay…what’s the what?” She sighed sinking down into a chair.

“Angel dropped by my place last night.” Giles replaced his glasses on the end of his nose and studied her carefully.

“He did?” She squeaked.

“He did…” Giles nodded. “He talked to me quite extensively about something from his past…”

“That must have been interesting.” She cringed. ‘Shit…he knows about Spike being in town.’

“Quite. He informed me of his childer that have recently arrived.” Giles kept his eyes on her. “Spike and Drusilla…apparently they are very dangerous.”

“Yeah…I…I uh went a few rounds with Spike…he was at the bronze.”

“Is that the bleached buffoon’s name?” Xander laughed entering the library.

Willow followed behind. “Hey Buffy, Ford was kinda worried last night…”

“Oh…” Buffy’s eyes widened as she glanced at her friend. She shook her head almost imperceptibly. Willow got the message.

“Wh…What happened last night?” Giles asked studying his young charge.

“Another run in with the bleached menace…” Xander laughed again. “Spike…heh…but Buff kicked his ass into next week.”

“We have to get to class Giles…I’ll stop by on my way home and we can talk…” Buffy said rising from the chair and grabbing her books.

“How could you?” Angel growled coming out from behind the stacks. “Did you think I wouldn’t know? Did you think I wouldn’t feel it?” He growled advancing on the blonde.

“Angel.” Buffy said softly. She closed her eyes and hung her head. ‘I didn’t mean to hurt you.’ When she opened her eyes he was right in front of her. Buffy didn’t have time to react as he grabbed her scarf and ripped it from her neck.

Cocking her fist she let it fly, right into Angel’s nose. “How dare you?” She growled, ignoring the shocked gasps from her friends and watcher.

Angel got up from the floor and walked back over to her. “I hope it was worth it. I hope he was worth it…pretty easy for a vamp to get into your pants eh Buffy? What did he promise you he wasn’t gonna eat anyone?” He snorted. “Worse…did you believe him? You think he’s gonna be there for you? Gonna hold your hand and want a relationship?”

Anger clawed at her. She was beyond furious. “Get out of my town Angel. I mean it. I don’t want to see you again. What I do with my personal life is my business, not yours.” She brushed past him without looking back. Buffy was too angry to notice the stunned silence that hung over the entire room.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

She pulled her bag up higher on her shoulder and tapped lightly on the door. Not hearing an answer she pushed the door open slightly. “Hey…” She entered and set the bag down on the bed. “I brought a few things…”

Spike grunted. He didn’t even glance at her, just kept his eyes on the T.V.

“I had a really shitty morning.” She said softly. Buffy crawled onto the bed and sat beside Spike. Resting her head against his shoulder she stayed silent.

Spike tensed when she sat down and rested her head on his shoulder. He had to bite the inside of his cheek to stop himself from asking what was wrong. He hadn’t even breathed since she entered the room, for fear of inhaling her scent and having more feelings.

They stayed silent while Spike channel surfed. Finally after an hour he glanced towards her and noticed tears slowly coursing down her cheeks. “You ok?” He asked. She hadn’t let out a sniffle, in fact she hadn’t moved since she placed her head against him.

“I…I just…he…”

“Who?” Spike growled possessively, finally taking a deep inhale. “Angelus.” It was an angry predator’s growl.

“He…he came in…to the library…when I was talking to Giles…and he…he ripped my scarf off…everyone saw the mark on my neck…I left…I just…came back here…to you…”

“It’ll be ok sweetheart…I’ve got you…not gonna let you go…” Spike soothed, wrapping his arm around her he moved down the bed and pulled her against his side. ‘Gonna kill that bloody pouf!!!’ His demon was screaming for vengeance.

“They’re gonna…”

“Shhhh luv…” Buffy calmed in his embrace. He just held her for a while, stroking her back gently. ‘How does she do that? Make me want to comfort her.’

Buffy’s stomach growled loudly. “Hungry luv?” He chuckled.

“Yeah…I brought some food…” Sitting up she grabbed her bag from the edge of the bed and pulled it closer. “I brought you something too.” She dug around in the bag and pulled out a sandwich for herself and a pint of blood for Spike.

“What the bloody hell is this?” He growled.

“Blood…human…I got it from Willy’s…I thought you’d be hungry…” She said nervously.

Spike grabbed the pint from her and threw it at the wall with a roar. Buffy shrank back from the crimson stain sliding down the wall and pooling on the carpet. “Think I’m some kind of bloody lap dog for you?” He snarled leaping gracefully from the bed. “M’ a demon. I don’t do bagged blood slayer. I un-live for the thrill of the hunt, the taste of fear…” He glared at her, not sensing any fear at all coming off the tiny blonde. “I am NOT housebroken, and you’d do well to remember that.”

“Yeah? Well you know what Spike? I am the slayer, and even if I do love you you are NOT gonna be hunting people in my town.” Her eyes widened in shock when she realized what she revealed, her hand flew to her mouth as if she could recall the words. ‘No…oh no…no…’ Leaping from the bed she ran for the door.

Spike intercepted her, not touching, just standing in front of her. “What? What did you just say?” He growled lowly.

“N…nothing…forget it…” She tried to push past him.

“Slayer would you just wait a bloody second?” Spike growled angrily.

“Why? So you can tell me I don’t mean it?” She asked, breath hitching, tears slipping unnoticed down her flushed cheeks. ‘I do I do I mean it so much and I couldn’t take you telling me I don’t.’ She did push past him then, as fast as her legs could carry her she made her way out into the sun where he couldn’t follow.

“ARRRRGGGGGGGG” Spike growled in frustration. He grabbed her bag off of the bed and hurled it at the wall, it’s contents tumbling out into the freshly spilled blood.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&