“I’m not trying to be difficult.” Buffy pouted allowing Spike to take her hand and pull her close. “It’s just that…I love you so much Spike. I really really do!”

“I don’ understand luv. How can you…why would you…” He sighed, pulling her towards the bed so they could sit. “It jus’ doesn’ make sense…”

“I see you Spike. I really see you.” She whispered, trying to pull him towards her for a heated kiss. She should have remembered he liked to talk. Figure things out. He wanted answers and she wouldn’t be getting any smoochies until she gave him answers.

“M’ a demon luv. M’ evil, an’ you’re all goodness and light.” His hand came up to cup her cheek.

“But you could be a good man Spike. Someone just needs to give you that chance. You just need to take that chance, see where it leads you.”

“No promises kitten, but I will try. For you.”

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“And your Watcher is, i-is Sam Zabuto, you say?” Giles questioned, polishing his glasses.

“Yes, sir.” Kendra nodded.

“We've never met, but he, he's, he's very well-respected.” He nodded.

“And you are called...?”

“Oh. Dey call me Kendra. I have no last name, sir.”

“Hi, Giles. W-what's goin' on?” Willow asked, glancing at the new girl.

“Uh, it seems somehow that, uh, another Slayer has been sent to Sunnydale.” Giles sighed.

“Is that even possible? I mean, two Slayers at the same time?”

“Not to my knowledge. Um, th-the new Slayer is only called after the previous Slayer has died. Uh... Oh, good Lord! Buffy was dead!”

“She was only gone for a minute.” Willow squeaked. “Xander saved her!”

“Clearly it doesn't matter how long she was gone. She was physically dead! Thus causing the activation of the, the next Slayer.”

“She died?” Kendra asked, eyes widening.

“She drowned, but she was revived.” Giles explained.

“So there really are two of them!” Willow smiled brightly.

“It would seem so. This is completely unprecedented! I'm quite flummoxed.”

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“G-man! We need to talk!” Xander bellowed, walking into the library and pulling Cordy behind him. “You’re not gonna believe what happened!” He came to a stop facing Kendra. “Who’s this?”

“She is the Slayer that was called when Buffy died!” Willow exclaimed.

“Another Slayer?” Cordy asked.

“More who know about de Slayer?” Kendra asked.

“Yes quite.” Giles sighed. “Xander? You had some news?”

“OH! Yeah, so Cordy and I had a fight last night, big shocker I know, but she went outside and guess who grabbed her? SPIKE! He bites her and then says SORRY!” He brushed Cordy’s hair away from her neck and showed everyone the fresh bite mark.”

“Spike?” Giles asked paling considerably. “The vampire Angel was warning us about?” He pointed to an open book on the library table, clearly showing a picture of Spike.
“That’s him! And that’s the one who came into the alley…” Cordy whispered, pointing to Dru. “He said sorry to me and then left with her.”

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

Angel sat at his desk, studying the open book.

I just found out Angel is a vampire. Yes the very thing I have been called to kill. How am I supposed to kill him? I think I am falling in love with him. It’s not fair!

He skipped a few pages, skimming for his name again.

It’s getting harder and harder to leave him at the end of the night. He is an amazing kisser. I am so totally in love with him. I think, no I am sure I want to make love with him. I want him to be my first.

Sighing contentedly he closed Buffy’s diary and finished the picture he was drawing of her. She was looking up a little, as if he was standing in front of her and she was looking slightly up at him. Satisfied with the drawing he curled up in his bed with her favourite blue sweater.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“She’s not answering.” Giles sighed, placing the receiver back in the cradle.

“Where could she be?” Willow wondered. “She doesn’t usually skip school…”

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“Oh god, what time is it?” Buffy groaned.

“T’ late Luv.” Spike murmured pulling her closer.

“Crap. My mom, Giles, they’re gonna freak! I didn’t go home and I didn’t go to school.” Buffy sighed half heartedly trying to pull away.

“Stay” Spike whispered into her ear. “Jus’ let me hold you a bit yeah?”

“Spike I can’t…” She pleaded.

“T’s just you feel so right here with me, don’ wanna let you go.”

“I don’t want to go…” She pouted.

“So stay then…” He tucked her hair behind her ear, pulling her closer and licking softly at the fresh bite on her neck.

“Mmmm. Not fair…” She whimpered, throwing her leg over him and grinding slowly against his naked flesh.

“Look at that lip. Gonna get it” He murmured catching her lip with his blunt teeth. He grasped his cock and slowly slid it in to her slick passage.

“Ahhhhhh Spike.” She moaned, riding him at a slow pace.

“God Buffy what you so to me…you’ve ruined me you know.” He cupped the back of her head and kissed her softly. She pulled back slightly to look into his eyes.

“What do you mean?” She whispered.

“Don’ want anyone else t’ way I wan’ you.” He whimpered as her pace sped up slightly. “Think m’ fallin’ for you Buffy.”

Her eyes widened. “You…you are?” She whispered afraid to get her hopes up.

“I am. How could I not kitten? You’re bloody gorgeous…an’ the way you feel…S’ like perfection…S’ like you’re everythin’ I didn’ know I wanted.” He arched his back groaning in pleasure. “I jus’ can’ believe you’re here…with me…wantin’ me like this…”

“Oh god Spike…” She was close, she could feel it.

Spike flipped them over and pounded into her. Fangs descending he bit into the claim mark he’d placed on her. “Mine” He growled once again, sending her careening into bliss. He pulled his fangs out, sealing the wound.

Buffy grabbed him by the hair, pulling his head to the side and struck with blunt teeth, right over his sire’s mark, drawing blood and tasting it. “Mine” She growled just as viciously as he did, causing Spike to spill his seed into her with a desperate roar.

Stunned Spike pulled back slightly and looked into her eyes. He saw her love and devotion. He saw her. The slayer and the girl. In love with him. Him. William the Bloody. Slayer of Slayers. “Yours” He whispered as tears filled his eyes. “Always yours my beautiful girl.”

Buffy couldn’t help the tears. The filled her eyes and spilled down her cheeks before she could stop them. He saw her. He saw the love she felt for him. “I love you.”

“I know. I know you do kitten.” He whispered. “Give me time, I am almost there.”

His heartfelt admission made her heart clench, her silent tears turned to gut wrenching sobs.

Spike moved to her side and pulled her close, letting her tears fall, he just held her as she cried.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“Hi Mrs. Summers…is Buffy home?” Willow asked.

“No…no she isn’t…didn’t you see her at school today?” Joyce asked.

Willow gripped the phone tighter. “No…no I was sick today…” Willow lied, glad she hadn’t gone over to Buffy’s, after school. Willow didn’t hink she would have been able to lie to Joyce’s face.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“Giles her mom hasn’t seen her.”

“I was afraid of this.” Giles growled.

“What? What were you afraid of?” Willow asked nervously.

“Angel. He must have her…” Giles was already gathering weapons.

“Dat’s de souled one?” Kendra hatefully growled. “I’m goin’ wit ya Mr. Giles.”

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“Open this bloody door!” Giles raged as he pounded on the door.

He almost stumbled as Angel whipped open the door. “What is it? Is it Buffy?” He panicked.

“Where is she?” Giles had a crossbow aimed at Angel’s heart.

“Who? Buffy? I haven’t seen her in days…” Angel said softly. “She hasn’t been by…”

“She didn’t go home last night…” Giles ranted. “Why do I have the feeling it has to do with you?”

Angel didn’t see the punch coming as Kendra laid him out flat with one punch. “What did ya do wit her vampire?” She growled threateningly.

“I…I didn’t…who are you?”

“I’m Kendra. De Vampire Slayer…”

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“I have to go get ready to patrol.” She sighed climbing out of bed. “Will you be here when I get back?”

“M’ coming with you.” He muttered.

“What?” Buffy asked incredulously.

“Don’ want m’ girl getting hurt.” Spike growled softly. “Wanna be out there with you. No nasty is gonna get his fangs on you love. You’re mine now.”

“B…but…you…”

“What? You don’ wan’ me to come with you?” He asked with a pout.

“I do! I really do! I just didn’t think you’d want to…” She smiled at him.
“Yeah, want to be with you luv. Don’ wan’ to let you out of m’ sight.” He grinned. “Should also stop by the factory and get m’ belongings. If Dru hasn’t torched em all.”

She couldn’t help the jealousy that made her stomach clench at the thought of him seeing Dru. “Oh…ok…well…you can meet up with me…after if you want…” She turned so he didn’t see her eyes welling with fearful tears.

“Oh no Luv, want you to come with me.” He walked up and pulled her into his arms, tilting her chin up he looked into her eyes. “What’s all this then? Why the tears Buffy?”

“I’m just scared Spike…what if she wants you back? What if she…” Buffy broke off into a sob.

“Hey hey, none of that now luv. M’ yours, an’ you’re mine. Nothin’ is gonna change that. I promise.” He murmured softly. “Told you I was gonna try and I meant it.”

“But you still love her…you loved her for over a century!” She wailed. “How can you be so sure?”

“Just am. I couldn’t go back to her…she couldn’t hold a candle to you luv.” He slowly wiped the tears from her face. “She used to be my world. Used to be my darkness.” Spike whispered. “You kitten are my light, my…future, you’re everything…you’re mine.”

Buffy settled in his embrace. Once she was calm they finished getting ready and headed out.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“How?…When?…” A stunned Angel sputtered.

“When Buffy died…when the master killed her.” Giles sighed. “You really haven’t seen her?”

“No I really haven’t.” Angel got up from the floor. “If no one has seen her maybe we should go out looking for her?”

“Yes, we need to find her.” Giles sighed. “She is usually not this irresponsible…I’m afraid something has happened to her.” He couldn’t stop his eyes from filling with unshed tears.

“Don’t worry Mr. Giles. We will find her.” Kendra said softly.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&


Chapter End Notes:
I originally wrote this in 2005. I have edited it and cleaned it up a bit. Please let me know if you are interested and would like to see this one continued