Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for the long update, please review
What's Wrong With Their Faces?


“So, ah, what happened again?”

“Well, I told my mom that I wanted to be more grown up, and voila driveyness.”

“Are you sure about the Bronze? I mean, we have a big math test tomorrow.”

“Well, we can study at the Bronze.A little dancing, a little cross-multiplying. Hey, you know what we need?” she leaned down and turned on the music.

“Eyes on the road! Eyes on the road!” Willow screamed as the turned the corner sharply. They entered the Bronze as soon as Buffy was able to park straight.

“Hey, they’re diggin us, man!” Nick said to Oz. Nick had to sing lead tonight since Spike was a no-show. Oz looked up and saw Willow; this brought a smile to his face.

“Let’s do the time warp thing again,” Buffy said, looking around.

“Maybe there’s a reunion in town or, maybe a Billy Joel tour or something?”

“Mrs. Barton?” Buffy asked as she walked by them.

“Buffy? Whoa,” she said, almost falling over.

“Are you ok Mrs. Barton?” Willow asked.

“Oh, I’m cool, Willow. Willow…that’s a tree. You’re a tree! Yeah, uh, uh, are there any nachos in here little tree?”

“A-are you sure you don’t need some fresh air, Mrs. Barton?” Buffy asked.

“Okay….” Mrs. Barton said walking off.

“Hey, this is not normal. Uh, w-well, that goes with-out saying,” she said. Just then principal Snyder came up behind them, putting his arms around their shoulders.

“Hey, gang! This place is fun city, huh?”

“Principal Snyder?” Buffy exclaimed, she was horrorstruck.

“Call me Snyder. Just the last name, like…Barbarino. Ooh! I’m so stoked. Hey, did you see Mrs. Barton? I think she’s wasted. I’m gonna have to put that in her next performance review cause,” he smiled to himself and then added “Cause I’m the principal,” Snyder went off laughing to himself.

“I don’t like this. They could have heat attacks,” exclaimed Willow

“Well maybe there’s a doctor here,” Buffy started looking around

“Yeeeeeaaaaaah!” yelled a middle-age man, who was on the stage jumping into the crowd.

“I think that is my doctor. He-he’s usually less-…topless,” Willow said just as principal Snyder came up behind them again.

“I got a commendation for being the principal. From the mayor! Shook my hand twice.”

“That’s nice,” Buffy told him.

“Whoa! There are some foxy ladies here tonight!”

“What’s happening?” asked Willow.

“I don’t know, but it’s happening to a whole lot of grownups,” Buffy replied.

“There acting like a bunch-”

“There acting like a bunch of us.”

“I don’t act like this..”

“They’re teenagers. It’s a sobering mirror to look into, huh?” Oz said, coming up to them.

“Tell me about it,” Buffy complained.

“You've got great hair,” Snyder said, admiring Oz’s hair was he was walking by. Oz touched his hair looking a little confused and kinda disturbed.

“Oh, hey! Look, there’s Spike,” Willow pointed to him as she noticed him entering the Bronze on the other side of the room.

“Great, that’s just what I need,” Buffy mumbled.

“What? I thought you liked Spike? I mean, aren’t you going to the dance with him?” Willow asked

“No! I’m not.”

“Nuha, you said you were! I still have the note you wrote me in class, it’s in my pencil case,” she said pointedly.

“I know. But I changed my mind.”

“What? Why? You were so happy this afternoon, what happened?”

“Can we not talk about it now Willow?” Buffy asked as Spike approached them.

“Hey,” he said.

“Hey Spike,” Willow told him, looking over at Buffy.

“Hey Red, hey Oz.”

“Hey, man.”

“Buffy.”

“Spike.”

“Can we talk for a sec?”

“No! Why would I want to talk to a stupid pedantic liar like you?”

“Please Buffy, I know you’re mad at me, but just let me explain-”

“You already did! And frankly I don’t want to hear it again!” she yelled storming off.

“Ohh, she gave it to ya good,” Snyder said coming up from out of nowhere behind them.

“Principal Snyder?” Spike asked, looking at him confused.

“Forget it Spike, long story. Go after Buffy!” Willow said pushing him along.

“Oh, I’m not gonna miss this,” Snyder chased Spike out of the Bronze.

“Buffy wait!” Spike jumped into the passenger side of Buffy’s car.

“What do you think you're doing?”

“You won’t talk to me in there so you're going to talk to me here.”

“The hell I am!” Buffy said, starting the car.

“Get out!”

“No bloody way!”

Just then Snyder jumped in the back seat.

“Ah, Snyder…”

“Forget it,” Buffy said, “He’s comin with us,” she pulled away really fast.

“Whoa Summers, you drive like a SPAZZ!”

Buffy turned on the radio to drown out Spike who was now shouting over the music.

“Hey! Turn that back on!”

“No! I need to talk to you! And you can’t hear me with that bloody thing going!” he turned it off again, when Buffy turned it on.

“I’ve heard enough Spike! I don’t want to hear anymore of your lies!”

“Their NOT lies! I swear to god, luv… I never lied to you.”

“Don’t you dare call me that.”

“What did he do?” they both turned their heads to see Snyder listening inattentively to their conversation.

“Buffy, look out!” Spike turned around just in time to see a car headed straight for them. It crashed right into the driver side door making a very noticeable dent. Spike jumped out of the passenger side and rushed over to the driver’s side in a panic. By this time Buffy was already out.

“Buffy a-are you ok?” he asked breathlessly. Anyone could easily tell how worried he was. In which Buffy did acknowledge.

“Yes, I’m fine…are you ok?”

“I’m good,” he smiled. He was so happy she stilled cared at least a little, so all hope of winning her back was not lost.

“Man, Buffy, your mom’s gonna kill ya.”

“Oh my god!! What am I gonna do?”

“Get the wankers number, his insurance should pay for it.”

“He ran off…”

“Hey! Gimme,” Snyder shouted, chasing after the man who stole his candy bar.

“Look, Buffy-”

“Don’t you even start again!”

A few minutes passed before anyone said anything. Then Spike decided to try again. There was no way in hell he was gonna give up.

There’s no way in hell I’m gonna give up. “Buffy I-”

“No! Just give it a rest, will ya?”

“NO! I won’t give it a bloody rest!”

“Why the hell not? I don’t mean anything to you! I never did!”

“Yes you do! Every since the first time I saw you I knew- I knew…I…”

“You what, Spike?”

Spike looked away shyly not daring to look her in the eyes.

“That guy just stole my candy,” Snyder said coming back and interrupting them.

“You should take loser boy home, it’s probably way past his curfew,” Spike said with good sarcasm, pointing to Snyder.

“Who you callin a loser? And I’m 43, I can do whatever I want.” Just then they heard a crashing sound coming from not to far away.

“What was that?” Spike asked.

“Only one way to find out,” Spike, Buffy and Snyder all jumped into the car and headed to where all the noise was being made.

“What the bloody hell is going on here?” Spike asked as they pulled into a back ally.

“Ooh, candy!” Snyder said rushing over to get some.

“Spike…Spike….” Buffy whispered.

“What is it luv?”

“What’s wrong with their faces?” Spike looked up to the two men who were handing out the candy, as he took notice to their faces his eyes widened.

“I don’t know pet. Stay behind me,” they slowly walked, easing their way to where the candy was being thrown out.

“Stay behind me,” he whispered, reaching out for her hand. Suddenly from out of nowhere Buffy was grabbed from behind and something had his hand around her neck.

“Buffy!” Spike screamed.

Buffy felt the tears pour down her cheeks, she didn’t even know she started crying- she had never been more scared in her life. The thing, whatever it was, was holding neck really tight, and for some strange reason he was going to bite her. Just as he was mere inches from biting her neck Spike jumped on them knocking them both to the ground. Buffy got up and ran behind Spike as fast as she could.

“You’re going to be sorry you did that,” he growled, running off. Spike turned around and grabbed Buffy into his arms hugging her tightly.

“Spike?”

“Don’t scare me like that again ok?” he asked, playing with her hair.

“Ok….Spike?”

“I don’t know what I would do if anything ever happened to you.”

Buffy just stayed silent.

“Are you ok pet?”

“Yes.”

Spike continued to hold her and play with her hair, but he did loosen his grip a little afraid to crush her.

“Spike?” Buffy asked after a few moments.

“Ya?”

“What was wrong with his face?”

“I don’t know pet.”

“Spike?”

“Ya luv?”

“Whenever you’re ready you can- you know…let go.”

Spike smiled “I know, is it ok if I never let go? Can I hold you forever?”

“Forever is a long time Spike”

“Believe me pet, if anybody knows that it’s me.”

“Spike?” Buffy asked after she felt him suddenly getting heavier.

“Spike?!”

She couldn't hold him up; he fell down taking her with him.

“Oh my God!! Spike!! What happened to you’re head?! Spike wake up! Spike! Spike! Spike! Can you hear me? SPIKE!!”

“Hey gang, I got some,” Snyder said coming back with a hand full of candy. “Hey man, what’s wrong with you. Get up,” Snyder said looking down at Spike who was out cold. Buffy looked up and there stood the guy who Spike had knocked down only minutes ago…except he wasn’t alone.

“Ah man,” Snyder stared at them in disbelief “What’s wrong with their faces?”

Tbc…..


Chapter End Notes:
next Chapter coming asap. Please Review